Statistics

196,276 members
66,839 posts
  • 2020-10-04

I ran Synthtool the very first time from my downloads folder. Since then I've moved the application itself, but each time it launches, it recreates empty Profiles and Sequences folder in the downloads folder. Is it possible to change this — or at very least kill that preference? I've tried to delete the .plist file, the  saved application state files, but no matter what I do... it ALWAYS recreates those folders in the original location.

To be clear, I've moved the application to a new folder at /Applications/SynthTool/ and I've created folders at /Applications/SynthTool/Profile and /Applications/SynthTool/Profile/Sequencer

Any advice? Thanks in advance!

read more...
    0 10
    • Andrew Miller
      Nigel Turner Hi Andrew, I have spoke to the design team and unfortunately that it what is coded into the software, the folders are always created in the Downloads folder. At the present time, there is nothing that can be done to stop it happening. I will however ask them to reconsider it in the next software release, the problem is that nobody else has brought this subject up so it may not go anywhere.
      • Oct 9
      • Synthtool - impossible to change the location of profile and sequencer folders?
        Nigel Turner Good news, they say that it will be removed in the next firmware release. All the best
        • Oct 9
    • Andrew Miller
      Andrew Miller Hey Nigel — thanks for the update! This is good news :-)
      • Oct 9
  • 2020-09-22

Hi all,

i recently got in touch with Apple about connecting the Crave to my Mac mini.

The synth tool would not detect the device when connected no matter what I did. I changed all leads & unplugged all my usb devices. I tried an earlier version of synthtool but it still would not detect.

I thought I would try it on my MacBook Pro, & it worked without any problems.

My main studio is run from the Mac mini & I'm not going back to work on music through the MacBook pro, as that would be downgrading & a waste of finance after upgrading.

After 10 minutes of my call to Apple, they suggested upgrading my O.S. to the latest. To which I cannot do because my access Virus synth hasn't got the support needed to run the software. This was an exspensive keyboard & to loose it in Logic Pro would be a nightmare.

Please can anyone help?

Let me know if anyone has this running on a Mac mini please?

Many Thanks,

Rob.

read more...
    0 3
  • 2020-09-19

I bought Q502USB.
    It was forgot when it was.
    It was forgot where it was bought.
    Because time has passed.
    That's used from today.
    Efecter can't be downloaded.
    There are too much registration items.
    They aren't kind at all.
    I use time. My time passes wastefully.

read more...
    0 7
    • Togashi Hiroshi
      John Matthews Hi Togashi, it sounds like you want to register to get a copy of the Tracktion Waveform software? if this is the case please contact us via the tech support form and we will assist you from there.
      • Sep 20
  • 2020-09-19

What's going on with the M32-edit app?  For about two months now it just won't stay connected and often won't reconnect.

0 7
    • James Chavis
      Paul Vannatto Evidently you have a network issue. Are you using ethernet or wifi to connect your PC to the router? Check the ethernet cable between the M32 and router. It may need to be replaced.
      • Sep 19
      • App is disconnecting and will not reconnect.
        James Chavis Thanks Paul. I wasn't a bad cable. I just needed to prioritize the connecting devices to router.
        • Oct 26
      • App is disconnecting and will not reconnect.
        Paul Vannatto Glad to hear you figured it out, James
        • Oct 26
  • 2020-09-16

To whom it may concern,

sorry for the crossposting. I believe that my first posting has not been recognized. Hopefully this is a better place to post this question.

we use a special configuration on our X32 (actual firmware installed) connected to two stageboxes (DL16, actual firmware installed). We use up to four scenes to precontrol our mixer. We store special settings as snippets (eg. using a delay for the leadvocal only in a special part of a song).

We combine scenes and snippets as cues for gigs and use the cues to export cues, scenes and snippets together assigning a releasenumber to test different settings.

Each time when we export the cues we get one shw-file for the cue, five .scn files for the scenes and as many .snp files for the snippets as we created snippets. Works like expect. But each time we will import the complete cue into X/M32 edit software only N-1 snippets will be imported to the software. For example if we have twelve snippet files in our environment only 11 will be imported. Each time the last on will be missed out.

I tested this behaviour using the actual Linux 64 bit Version, the Version for macOs and for Windows. All show the same behaviour: the last snippet will not be loaded.

Is there is any development on X/M32 edit software? Is there a chance to get this fixed? I just worked arround this issue by adding one additional snippet to the end of the list which is not needed. But this is not a real solution for me (if I once forget to implement the last snippet I have to reimport this missing snippet).

Best regards and thanks in advance

Matthias

read more...
    0 24
    • Matthias Knaepper
      John Matthews Hi Knaepp, I responded to your first post too. I'll report this to the dev team to see if it can be replicated and resolved.
      • Sep 16
    • Matthias Knaepper
      Matthias Knaepper Hi John, thank you for your response, I missunderstood your hint in the other posting. I thought it was directed to an other user asking a question in reply of mine. So please keep me informed about this issue. If you need any information or have additional questions, do not hesitate to ask.
      • Sep 16
    • Matthias Knaepper
      Dave Morrison Which firmware version are you using? This reminds me of a bug that was in 4.0 or 4.0.1 (I can't remember which)
      • Sep 16
    • Matthias Knaepper
      Matthias Knaepper We use the current firmware (which is 4.02). But this issue happens in offline mode/editing as well. Because of this I think this is a software issue in X32 edit and M32 edit. I have not checked whether this problem occurs on the console as well. I will check tonight during our rehearsal...
      • Sep 16
    • Matthias Knaepper
      Paul Vannatto Hi Mattias, the snippet index bug has already been fixed and will be correct in the next X32-Edit and M32-Edit release (coming soon).
      • Sep 16
  • 2020-09-10

I can't seem to download the x32 4.0 firmware off the website. Any advice? 

0 28
    • Jeremy Stanford
      Dave Morrison Get 4.0.2. If the link is down, you can use any model of X32 for the firmware. Look in the Rack, Compact, Producer, and Core section if you can't find it. I would leave you a link, but this new website doesn't seem to want me to do so. If you still can't find it, let us know and we'll get you the firmware.
      • Sep 10
      • x32 Download
        Jeremy Stanford Hi Dave, I tried a couple different models still no luck! Still the SSL handshake error
        • Sep 10
    • Jeremy Stanford
      Dave Morrison Even the Midas site has the same problem. It's too bad because it's the same firmware. Try this: Straight off my mixer's flash drive. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yhc7te7dkqt5zr6/AADR0NKBG5F4Uf2isTbqupnoa?dl=0
      • Sep 10
    • Jeremy Stanford
      David Knighton Hello All,
      I've been alerted a short time ago that this issue has been resolved. Please check once more. The downloads should all be working as expected now.
      • Sep 10
  • 2020-09-08

Hi everyone,

I have just released a Wing version (beta 0.85) of the popular Live Toolbox and have upgraded a number of other apps accordingly (for Windows, Mac, linux, Raspberry Pi). All Live Toolboxes now includes a chat tool (from MX Terminal). Sysex OSC Generator can now generate Wing version of the midi sysex string.

Please note that the Mac package (dmg) includes both 32 and 64 bit apps.

Here is a complete list of updates

• Wing Live Toolbox (0.85) https://sourceforge.net/projects/wing-live-toolbox/
    • X32 Live Toolbox (1.31) https://sourceforge.net/projects/x32livetoolbox/
    • X-Air Live Toolbox (1.31) https://sourceforge.net/projects/xairlivetoolbox/
    • MX Terminal (1.06) https://sourceforge.net/projects/mx-terminal/
    • LT_Command (1.06) https://sourceforge.net/projects/lt-command/
    • Sysex OSC Generator (1.10) https://sourceforge.net/projects/sysexoscgen/
    • Wing XM32 To Wing Converter (1.00) https://sourceforge.net/projects/xm32-to-wing-converter/
    • Wing Snipshot Toolbox (1.00) https://sourceforge.net/projects/wing-snipshot-toolbox/

If you find any bugs or have suggestions, please let me know.

read more...
    3 12
  • 2020-08-31

Has anyone found a way to insert more than one effect on the Main LR bus in X32 Edit? For example I'd like to place a graphic EQ, followed by an exciter, but I can't figure out how to route the outputs of the graphic to the inputs of the exciter, or am I thinking about this wrong?

read more...
    0 8
    • Gordon Okafor-Ross
      Rex Beckett You cannot insert two FX into one bus. What you can do it to send (post fader) the LR bus to a linked pair of Matrix buses and insert one FX into Main LR and the other into the Matrix buses. Then set the output routing to use the Matrix bus pair instead of Main LR.
      • Aug 31
      • 2 + insert effects on Main LR bus
        Gordon Okafor-Ross That's clever, but how do I route the LR bus? At the moment I've got the LR bus coming out of Matrix 7&8 of an X32 Rack, does this mean routing the LR bus to Matrix Sends 1-6 & losing matrix outs 7&8? That would be painful as I'm using the Aux outs & 6 of the Matrix outs to send to 6 stereo headphones.
        • Aug 31
        Rex Beckett I think you may be confusing Matrix buses with routing matrices. You can setup a send to the six Matrix buses on the Main LR Sends tab - as shown below. Then you can select the Matrix pair for outputs 7 & 8 on Routing -> Out 1-16 - as below.

Matrix buses are fed from Mixbuses or the Main LR/C buses (not channels) and allow for additional processing. They are useful for inserting crossover filters for sub/top speakers, for feeding additional speakers with different EQ/delays or other special processing. Matrix buses have the same dynamics, EQ and insert capabilities as Mixbuses but can only be sent to outputs.
        • ·
        • Aug 31
        Gordon Okafor-Ross That's great, yes that's exactly what I was doing, I think the problem may have been exacerbated because they are called the same thing. That's perfect thanks.
        • Sep 2
  • 2020-08-29

I'm using the X32 Edit software to control my X32 Rack & there's a question I'd like to ask. I understand that the Mix Bus can be tapped after the input, before the EQ, after the EQ, before the fader & after the fader but what does Sub Group mean on the Sends tab?

read more...
    0 40
    • Gordon Okafor-Ross
      Paul Vannatto Subgroup is basically post fader with unity (0 db) fader levels. It emulates the analog console subgroups.
      • Aug 29
    • Gordon Okafor-Ross
      Craig Fowler The other key difference between the post-fader vs subgroup setting is that if using the subgroup tap, (by default, assuming the subgroup is stereo,) the ch>subgroup pan will follow the ch>LR pan. If instead you choose post-fader, you can specify a different pan for ch>bus vs ch>LR.
      • Aug 29
    • Gordon Okafor-Ross
      Gordon Okafor-Ross How can you set up a subgroup master fader in X32 Edit 4.1?
      • Aug 29
    • Gordon Okafor-Ross
      Craig Fowler Bus\Mtx layer button on the LHS of the app, you'll get your faders. Alternatively, select the relevant bus using the buttons on the LHS of the app, and the master fader changes to the fader for that bus.
      • Aug 30
      • X32 Edit software mix bus taps
        Gordon Okafor-Ross So a subgroup master is the same as a mix bus master?
        • Aug 30
    • Gordon Okafor-Ross
      Craig Fowler Yes. The console has 16 mixbuses (+ mainLR, M\C, mtxs, and solo.) The 16 buses can be configured (in pairs) as pre-fade, post fade, or subgroup, or some combination.
      • Aug 30
      • X32 Edit software mix bus taps
        Gordon Okafor-Ross So the input tap to the mix bus is the output of the mix bus… I'm sorry, I'm not following.
        • Aug 30
  • 2020-08-26

What does the "Changes affect selected Channel" vs "Changes affect all Channels" do in the Sends tab? Also, above this I think you can choose where to tap the bus from, but this isn't updated on the Routing tab (as far as I can see). Am I right?

read more...
    0 15
    • Gordon Okafor-Ross
      Rex Beckett When Changes affect all Channels is on, if you change the signal tap for a bus send it will be changed for all channels (1-32 + Aux 1-6 + FX Returns 1-4). Otherwise the change only affects the selected channel.The signal taps on the Sends tab are the points within the channel processing for the send to the bus. The signal taps shown in the routing tables are for outputs from the bus or channel.
      • Aug 26
      • X32 Edit Sends tab
        Gordon Okafor-Ross Aha, that's great. I confirmed the "Change affect all Channels" by switching it on, changing the vocals to Post EQ & then jumping to another channel. I expected it to be all Mix Bus Channels, it's the channels of the desk :-)
        • Aug 26
      • X32 Edit Sends tab
        Gordon Okafor-Ross I confirmed the signal taps being to the bus by listening to the output from a bus (rather than the main output or the control room output) and changing the output to that bus from pre-fader to post-fader then moving the Main LR bus fader. It works as expected, thanks so much.
        • Aug 26
    • Gordon Okafor-Ross
      Gordon Okafor-Ross It's a shame that the Sends tab doesn't have an extra "mute" button for each mix bus so that you could route to headphones & not mind about the Mute button on the Main LR bus. It still affects the mix buses :-(
      • Aug 26
    • Gordon Okafor-Ross
      Rex Beckett I don't understand how you want the mutes to work. You can mute each Mixbus separately - although not on the Sends tab.
      • Aug 26
      • X32 Edit Sends tab
        Gordon Okafor-Ross When I mute a channel in the Main LR bus it is muted in the Mix bus (which I'm using to feed IEMs for each musician), which isn't how I'm used to working. If I have chosen pre-fade for a headphone feed & I then mute the channel on the Main LR bus (for a few seconds say, to focus on something else) I don't expect it to have any effect on the headphone feed. Perhaps the sends tab could adopt the colour scheme of the routing tab if space is an issue?
        • Aug 26
      • X32 Edit Sends tab
        Rex Beckett OK, I understand. Yes it would be nice if the channel mute behavior was configurable to suit personal preferences. As it is, it is better to take channels out of the Main mix by pulling down the fader. If you need to mute some channels on a regular basis, you could assign them to a DCA group and mute that.
        • ·
        • Aug 26
    • Gordon Okafor-Ross
      Gary Higgins There is a work around for this. Make sure the DCA groups checkbox is NOT checked on the setup/mixer/mute system page. Then if an input ch belongs to a DCA group and the DCA is muted, ONLY the sends to mains are muted NOT the bus sends. This is the setting to use to allow monitors to remain active while FOH ch's remain muted. Make a DCA group that includes all your desired main ch's and use that DCA mute to mute/unmute the mains, the buses will not get muted. If the DCA groups box is checked off, it acts like a master mute for DCA's and will mute the participating ch's everywhere.
      • Aug 26
    • Gordon Okafor-Ross
      Gordon Okafor-Ross The DCA mutes are a useful work around, thanks.
      • Aug 26
Go to page