Statistics

196,273 members
66,836 posts
  • 2020-08-21

When I'm in the EQ page I often have the Real Time Analyser turned on. Whenever I choose the LR Bus it flips to display that analysis in the EQ page, but when I choose a channel it continues to display the LR Bus analysis until I change something in the channel, then the RTA displays correctly. I say correctly, but maybe I'm missing something, is there some advantage to displaying the LR Bus analysis? This is in X32 Edit 4.1, not on the front panel of the X32 Rack.

read more...
    0 28
    • Gordon Okafor-Ross
      Gary Higgins Maybe it's the rta settings? When connected to your mixer, hit utility/rta. Not totally sure what you are wanting but maybe something in there (esp with rta source) explains it or changes it to what you want?
      • Aug 21
      • X32 Edit 4.1 RTA
        Gordon Okafor-Ross That was it, thanks. I had Main selected as the RTA Source, changing that to Selected Channel displays whatever channel I select as the RTA source, in fact as it says on the page. Great piece of software.
        • ·
        • Aug 21
  • 2020-08-18

I've just downloaded FW4.0.2 & X32-Edit 4.1, it takes a lot longer to transfer parameters to or from the mixer or PC. I thought it was only the first time it might take a while, but I've tried synchronising several times (from the Mixer to the PC & from the PC to the Mixer) & it takes a couple of minutes. This used to be done in about 15 seconds on the older software & firmware.

read more...
    0 23
    • Gordon Okafor-Ross
      Gordon Okafor-Ross I'm using a MacBook Pro.
      • Aug 18
    • Gordon Okafor-Ross
      Rex Beckett This can be caused by issues with the network connection - particularly Wifi links. Note that the firmware upgrade process resets some global settings on the console to default values. Check that the network settings are correct for your configuration.
      • Aug 18
      • Very slow transferring parameters
        Gordon Okafor-Ross I've got no idea where to start. The settings in the setup page look ok & the same on the X32 Rack
        • Aug 18
        Rex Beckett How is the PC connected to the console? Do you have a router or switch in the network? Is the X32 set for DHCP or a fixed IP address? BTW: I find it safer to leave the Sync Drection set as Mixer -> PC. It can help to prevent inadvertant loss of console settings when starting X32 Edit.
        • Aug 18
    • Gordon Okafor-Ross
      Gary Higgins I've noticed that this takes a bit longer than it used to as well BUT for me it's more like 5-6 seconds versus 10-12 seconds. Something else is afoot there, 2 minutes is way too long and it's not firmware or Edit version causing it imo.
      • Aug 18
        Gordon Okafor-Ross This only started happening when I installed the new X32-Edit software & the X-32 Rack Firmware. Unless there's been a sneaky coincidence.
        • Aug 18
        Gary Higgins Maybe try using DHCP on the X32? Or re enter your static ip and subnet again since you have updated the firmware.
        • Aug 18
        Rex Beckett I agree with Gary (almost always). Syncing the PC to the console takes a few seconds over wired or 5GHz Wifi connections. Any longer and there is probably some issue with the network. There can be issues if the control PC has more than one active network connection - particularly if they have the same IP subnet.
        • Aug 18
        Gordon Okafor-Ross OK, I restarted my router & that seems to have fixed everything, sorry for the messages :-0
        • ·
        • Aug 18
        Rex Beckett I'm happy to hear that it is working properly now. Don't worry about the messages, they may help someone else.
        • ·
        • Aug 18
  • 2020-08-17

When I want to pan in IEMs fed by mix buses the same as the main LR bus I choose LR PAN on each bus that I want this for on the sends tab, is that correct? Also, what does the power button do to the left of that, why would I want it?

0 14
    • Gordon Okafor-Ross
      Rex Beckett That is correct. The pan controls on a channel's Sends tab set how the channel is sent to a linked pair of Mixbuses. The button with the power symbol is an enable (opposite of mute) for that channel send. It can be useful to temporarily mute a channel send to a monitor bus without disturbing the send fader setting.
      • Aug 17
      • Panning buses
        Gordon Okafor-Ross That's great, thanks. Why does the main overview show bus sends 3-10 panned in the centre while the channel view & the sends view show the vocal panned +50, to the right? Is it just a problem with the overview showing everything or am I missing something?
        • Aug 17
      • Panning buses
        Rex Beckett On my copy of X32 Edit V4.1, the pan setting for channel sends to stereo buses shows the same value on Mixer, Channel and Sends tabs. I don't know why yours would behave differently.
        • Aug 17
      • Panning buses
        Gordon Okafor-Ross I think I've found the answer (for me). When I choose LR PAN on the Sends tab the Channel tab shows the buses panned as they are in the LR panning of the channel. However, the Mixer tab still shows the panning that I've set up, but it doesn't affect what I hear. If I go back to the Sends tab and deselect LR PAN then the panning jumps to the setting in the Mixer tab. It may be a fault in the software (X-Edit 4.0.3 Mac OS X).
        • Aug 18
      • Panning buses
        Gordon Okafor-Ross It's been resolved in X32-Edit 4.1 :-)
        • ·
        • Aug 18
      • Panning buses
        Rex Beckett The LR Pan button, when on, copies the channel to bus panning from the channel to Main LR setting. On X32 Edit V4.1 (Windows) this is reflected correctly on all the tabs. It could be a bug in the macOS version.

Edit: I see you found the cause of the problem. Thanks for the update.
        • ·
        • Aug 18
  • 2020-08-14

No matter what I route to the XLR outputs of the X32 Rack the matrix output faders always show some signal (even when there is no signal on them, like channels 25-32 of the USB card). What am I doing wrong? How do you route something to the matrix faders on the BusMtx page of the software?

read more...
    0 18
    • Gordon Okafor-Ross
      Rex Beckett Select one of the sixteen Mixbuses on the Bus MTX layer and open the Sends tab. This will show the send controls to all six Matrix buses. The Main LR and M/C buses can also send to the Matrix buses.

You cannot route the Matrix buses to XLR outputs directly. They need to be staged on the Out 1-16, Ultranet or Aux Out tables first.
      • Aug 14
      • Routing XLR outputs, are these the matrix outputs?
        Gordon Okafor-Ross That's absolutely right, I was able to turn down the matrix buses from the sends tab, I thought they were the XLR assignments on the routing tab. Great resource, thanks so much.
        • Aug 14
  • 2020-08-13

In the routing tab on the XLR page there is a source called Out 1-8 and Out 9-16. What do these refer to on an X Rack?

0 16
    • Gordon Okafor-Ross
      Craig Fowler Whatever you have staged in the 1st and 2nd halves of the out1-16 tab.
      • Aug 13
      • X32 Edit routing tab question
        Gordon Okafor-Ross That's great, thanks. I confirmed that by routing something else to outputs 5-8. Very flexible.
        • Aug 13
    • Gordon Okafor-Ross
      Craig Fowler You could route pretty much any signals you like using the user out tab, then setting the XLR out tab to user out. Even more flexible.
      • Aug 13
  • 2020-07-22

just got my xenyx 302usb how do you get the free Tracktion Recording and editing softwear

0 15
    • Geoff Pickles
      Rex Beckett You need to register your purchase. At the top of this page, click Support -> Care -> Create a Care Ticket and select Type: Product Registration. Make sure that you enter all required (*) data before clicking Submit. The Care team will send you a download code for Tracktion Waveform OEM by email within a day or two. Check your email spam/junk folder in case it gets misrouted.
      • Jul 22
  • 2020-07-07
    Hi I use VSS3 for live sound with the software LiveProfessor 2. Before I used it on a Mac Mini with macOS Sierra and now I would like to use it on a Macbook Pro with macOS Catalina. On my Macbook pro, when I load a session that have been created on my Mac mini when it load the VSS3 the software crash and I have the message "render start failed". I have contacted Live Professor guy and he doesn't understand why it crash and what this message mean. Can you help me ? Thank you
    read more...
    0 30
    • Dimitri Baizeau
      Kyle Johnson Hi DimitriB, does this issue only occur if you run a session that was created on the Mac Mini? So if you start a fresh session on your Macbook Pro does the issue occur? It might be best if we can take this troubleshooting to an email thread, can you please submit a Support ticket using the Support button at the top of the page?
      • Jul 8
  • 2020-07-07
    Hi, I bought the Finalizer app 2 days ago through PayPal payment, and didn't receive any confirmation e-mail for iLok registration. Added ticket CAS-117192-H9G1Z0 in Care Portal but no human answer in 48 hours. What to do next?
    0 11
    • Mats Niittylä
      Nic Jones Hi there,

I have emailed you earlier today. Can you please check your spam/junk folder and let me know your iLok User ID.

I can then manually deposit the license for you.
      • Jul 7
      • FINALIZER DESKTOP SOFTWARE
        Mats Niittylä I've replied to your email now.
        • Jul 7
      • FINALIZER DESKTOP SOFTWARE
        Mats Niittylä Thanks Nic, works fine =)
        • Jul 7
  • 2020-07-06
    Hello, I've spent the morning trying to submit a support ticket, but despite filling all the fields up (I also tried uploading attachments, to no avail) I keep getting a "please fill the required field" error. It obviously doesn't specify which one... Could anyone help? Thanks.
    read more...
    0 17
    • Sam I
      Rex Beckett Care ticket submission errors can be caused by missing or invalid data in your Community profile. In particular, it has been found that the Title field (Mr, Ms, etc) needs to be filled-in - even though it is not marked as required.
      • Jul 6
      • Unable to file support tickets
        Sam I I have tried updating my community profile but I still get the same error. The "Title" field is greyed out in the form and I cannot modify it (it says "Mr." at the moment). Everything else is filled in, including the middle name which I don't actually have...
        I have tried filing it from at least two different browers.
        • Jul 6
        Rex Beckett We don't have PMs on this forum yet so it isn't very easy to contact the best people to solve this problem. I suggest that you take screenshots of the Care form before clicking the Submit button and email them to [email protected]
        • Jul 6
        Sam I Will do, thanks for your reply.
        • Jul 6
    • Sam I
      Alexander Lane Hi Sam, Just heard back from the web team on this. A fix is being worked on right now, in the meantime please post your question in the forum and I'll make sure you get an answer from one of the support team :)
      • Jul 8
  • 2020-06-22
    I purchased a used Deepmind 12. I have tried to download firmware and windows app. All I get is 404 error. Any help would be appreciated.
    0 30
    • mark bellino
      David Bahi I am also here for this reason. Firmware and Mac OS X app don't even get listed for Deepmind 12 - and for the 12D they are 404 using https://www.behringer.com/downloads.html to get to:

https://mediadl.musictribe.com/download/software/behringer/deepmind/DeepMindAppMacOS.app.zip
      https://mediadl.musictribe.com/download/software/behringer/deepmind/DeepMind-Firmware-v.1.1.2.zip
      • Jun 22
    • mark bellino
      Alexander Lane Reported to the web team and asked for them to send a local backup if they have it. Will send over or update on website fix ASAP for you. My apologies for the inconvenience!
      • Jun 22
    • mark bellino
      Alexander Lane Hi guys, this should be fixed now! Please let me know if you have any more issues
      • Jun 22
      • Download link doesn't work
        mark bellino That did the trick. Had to download from the deepmind page, didn't come up on the general download page jusy like before. Thanks for your help
        • ·
        • Jun 22
      • Download link doesn't work
        Alexander Lane Thanks for flagging that! Will get that fixed too. Seems it is searchable in the download section but not in the product menu!
        • Jun 23
    • mark bellino
      David Bahi Thank you, Alexander. The broken links I reported definitely work now (and results now show up on downloads page for "deepmind 12" as well (not just the 12D like before). The only thing left to fix is that this "App V1.0.5 Release Notes" is in MS Word format (instead of the more common PDF). Much appreciated.
      • Jun 23
Go to page