Statistics

250,525 members
127,692 posts
  • New
    micdim
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-12-02

Hi I just downloaded the new version of Midas M-Air-Edit for Mac, but after opening it, it says X-Air-Edit? I know that they are the same company & apps work identical, but anybody know if a M-Air-Edit update is coming?

Also this new X-Air-Edit version 1.6 is slower on my Mac Mojave 10.11.6, and now both versions keep crashing.

Thank you!

read more...
    0 77
    • micdim
      john0121 Hi Michael, I just tested the download too from the Midas page and find the same. I'll check with the web team and see if we can get this resolved.
      • December 1, 2020
    • micdim
      john0121 Hi Michael, links working now to download the M version.
      • December 2, 2020
    • micdim
      micdim Hi John, thanks for fixing the link. P.S. The new version's graphics seem to be slow showing up. All the interface graphics come in slowly one at a time. Any thoughts on this?
      • December 2, 2020
      • Midas M-Air-Edit New Version 1.6?
        john0121 Not happening for me on the PC version everything is loading instantly. Are you on an older computer?
        • December 3, 2020
      • Midas M-Air-Edit New Version 1.6?
        micdim The graphics only come in one at a time when starting the application. Once it's up and running it seems fine. Just a little annoying since the last version would come up right away.
        I have a MacPro 5,1 mid 2012 with 2 x 3.46. GHz 6-core intel and Radeon RX 580 8GB Video card. Mojave 10.11.6 operating system, and Also 40Gigs of Ram.
        • December 3, 2020
  • New
    charlesfrickard
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-02

Hello all,

Thanks for reading. I've run into a bit of an issue with both versions of X/M32-Edit softwares. Was able to download and install bpth apps and import/build/export show file, no problem.

But now when I try to open either (no matter how many power cycles, uninstall/reinstalls), they give me the message that they have quit unexpectedly and give me the options to ignore or report to apple.

The file I created sounds great and works fine. Suggestions?? I've found a statement from Behringer about the X/M32-Air/Q/Edit apps not being officially supported on High Sierra, but I'd assume that would've been fixed by now...

TIA!

read more...
    0 151
    • charlesfrickard
      GaryHiggins What firmware on the X32? That might be your issue, using the latest programs without the latest firmware. I suppose another option is to use older versions of the Edit program and see if the issue goes away. I have had no issues with Mojave or Catalina can't say on High Sierra for sure, but I don't recall issues.
      • December 1, 2020
      • M32/X32-Edit 4.2 crashing on High Sierra
        charlesfrickard Both versions are current (4.2). I actually tried to locate an older version of the software and was unsuccessful.
        • December 5, 2020
    • charlesfrickard
      DavidKnighton Hellos Charles Rickard,
      tRY renaming/deleting the X32-Edit folder in
      C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming
      Please let us know if this helps.
      • December 3, 2020
        charlesfrickard I am sorry, but I cannot locate that folder using that pathway...
        • December 5, 2020
        GaryHiggins Make sure you don’t have folders “hidden” with folder options, pretty sure that folder will be a hidden one otherwise.
        • December 6, 2020
  • New
    preahkaew
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-29

I purchased the Finalizer app a few months ago, and mastered a few 4-5 minute tracks with it, and it was fine.

Today I imported and was going to master a one hour mix (file size about 1.4 Gb), and the first problem was that the sound was slowed down. The right sound resolution (48 Khz) was showing, and the file was the correct length in minutes, but the tempo (and pitch) was considerably slowed down. I applied some modules and mastered the track anyway. But then when I output it, and opened the resulting file in Audition, it had been sped up!!

I decided to start over. But now when I import the raw audio file, I can't play it. None of the transport controls respond. So I thought, okay, this file is too big and causing problems...so I imported a small loop (1 Mb), and it wouldn't play either. BTW, between all this, I restarted my computer just for good measure. Nothing. Finalizer will not play any audio files I import. And I changed no major settings since my initial slowed-down audio problem.

Also, where is the support for this $200 app?? I tried submitting a support ticket, but they seem to only be for hardware. Can anyone help, this is driving me nuts!!

read more...
    0 52
    • preahkaew
      ramb I fucking hate TC and the whole behringer company for abandoning their products like this. I purchased finalizer at the very start, hoping there would be developement (AS YOU WOULD EXPECT?!). Nothing. No updates, no new features, no quarterly updates which were advertised.
      • December 18, 2020
  • New
    Thedeepseadoc
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-28

This app isn't available in the iOS App Store, where can I get it?

0 43
  • New
    Mario1995
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-25

Hello,

I'm having issues opening the Synthtribe v2.4.3 software in Windows 10 as it gives me an error window sayng "Cannot load library libusb-1.0.dll". How can I get it to work? 

Synthtool v2.3.5 works, I don't know what can cause the issue with the latest version. 

Thanks for helping

read more...
    0 560
    • Mario1995
      PedroRodrigues Hi Mario, that is something that we need to look in to so access what is causing that issue, please follow the link below and submit a assitance request providing more information on this matter like what unit are you using and what tyoe of USB port are you using. https://community.musictribe.com/pages/create-new-ticket?type=service%20request Thank you
      • November 26, 2020
      • Synthtribe v2.4.3 error in Windows 10
        Mario1995 Okay, I will submit a care ticket now. Thank you Pedro
        • ·
        • November 26, 2020
    • Mario1995
      chrisdepper Was this ever resolved? I have the same issue.
      • Jan 15
        PedroRodrigues Hi chrisdepper, as I said to Mario above,please be aware that is something that we need to look in to so access what is causing that issue, please follow the link below and submit a assitance request providing more information on this matter like what unit are you using and what tyoe of USB port are you using. https://community.musictribe.com/pages/create-new-ticket?type=service%20request Thank you
        • Jan 19
        chrisdepper Hi Pedro. Thanks for the response, Ticket created - CAS-411872-G1S5N8
        • Jan 19
    • Mario1995
      lothbrok I also have this error. Can someone post the solution or workaround for this?
      • Feb 19
    • Mario1995
      morgoth38350 Hi everybody. I think the problem is that libusb isn't compatible with Win 10. Waht a pitty... There's no need to create a ticket... just make sure synthtool can connect with something else than libusb... FYI, last version of Synthtool works perfectly with Windows 7 OS.
      • Feb 23
        Mario1995 I reinstalled Win 10 on my computer and had no more issues with synthtool. Don't know what happened, but it started to work as soon as I installed it again
        • Feb 23
    • Mario1995
      Mario1995 If this can help other people that have the same issue and Behringers developers I solved the problem by reinstalling Windows 10. The synthtool app started to work as soon as I installed it again. Don't know what happened, maybe it's just luck or something, but it worked
      • Feb 23
  • New
    AndrewOne
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-11-16

Hi, I am not able to connect X32-Mix with my X32 (being on firmware 4.x).

So, is there a chance that there will be an app update coming or to get the current app connect with current firmware?

COuld anyone help?

0 83
    • AndrewOne
      RexBeckett Hi Andreas, X32-Mix does need an update to support new features in console firmware V4.xx. Perhaps one of the Tribers can give you some indication of when this might happen.

Meanwhile, you could try Mixing Station. This is now available for iOS as well as Android and supports V4.xx firmware.
      • November 16, 2020
      • X32-Mix on firmware 4.x
        AndrewOne Hi Rex, thx for the tip. It works!!!
        • November 18, 2020
    • AndrewOne
      DavidKnighton Hello Andreas Stendera,
      After updating to version 4, you'll need to go in and check your Network settings, as they will default to a factory setting. Double check that this isn't the issue you're encountering.
      • November 17, 2020
      • X32-Mix on firmware 4.x
        AndrewOne Hi David, it checked network settings on X32 & ipad. All same newtork envrionment .20 and .22 .
        • November 18, 2020
  • New
    JayAlper
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-11-10

Apple just announced that macOS Big Sur will be released to the public on November 12, 2020. I'm assuming (hoping) that Behringer SW engineers have been testing their software on the beta releases of Big Sur along the way.

Any word on compatibility of X/M32-Edit on Big Sur? Is X32-Edit expected to work right out of the gate on Big Sur or have issues been found that will require significant updates?

Just curious...

Jay

read more...
    3 3,512
    • JayAlper
      PedroRodrigues Hi Jay, at this moment we have to allow the release of the new OS so we can develop our FW updates, at this moment we cannot comment on any information about time windows on the updates for this MacOs .Thank you
      • November 11, 2020
      • X/M32-Edit and macOS Big Sur
        JayAlper Pedro, Thanks for the info.
        • ·
        • November 11, 2020
        ScottCaldarelli Pedro, I was just looking at this info for Big Sur and have to ask: Do you guys actually wait until the OS is released to the public and are not working with Beta releases along the way? Also, related, the XR18 software for macOS hasn't seen an update in 3.5 years and the firmware in 2+ years. While it seems to work in Big Sur, things like window resizing - nothing in the window resizes and it could use a UI refresh. Thanks!
        • ·
        • November 12, 2020
        PedroRodrigues Hi Scott, the Beta version of the OS is only available for Apple testers so the majority of companies on these matter have to be reactive instead of proactive.
        Regarding your last question what I can say about what you mentioned it is that we are working on that and we will have news as soon as possible.
        • November 13, 2020
    • JayAlper
      mtucker299 Jay, just curious did you take the plunge and move to Big Sur?
      • November 13, 2020
        JayAlper Yes, I did move to Big Sur. I tried running X32-Edit on my Big Sur Mac (2018 MacBook Pro) and as far as I can tell, it works! As a caveat, I didn't do an extremely in-depth test where I tried every detail of X32-Edit. But I was able to connect (via wifi) to my X32-Compact, I was able to sync settings back and forth between my Mac and my X32-C, I was able to change scenes, moving faders and adjusting send levels on my Mac were mirrored on the X32-C and vice versa, I was able to start and stop playback from my X-Live card, etc. In my quick test I didn't notice any graphics glitches, either. So, it seems like things are working for X-32 Edit on Big Sur. Again, I didn't do an extensive test, but so far, it looks good (though, YMMV).
        • November 16, 2020
    • JayAlper
      PaulMcCarthy Hi all, a couple of comments. I own an X-air 18 that I use at home for recording and playing back multiple source via my KRK monitors. I recently upgraded to Big Sur and have found that the application does function. However, it seems that the new OS is idle'ing out the connection between the application and the mixer. So, I have to reconnect pretty much every day. This is likely due to some TCP/IP idle timeout in Big Sur. I tried keeping a steady 'ping' to the mixer running to keep the connection up but that did not work. Some sort of 'keep-alive' from the application to the mixer might resolve the issue.
      • November 27, 2020
    • JayAlper
      PaulMcCarthy Hi again, one more comment to Pedro. It costs $99 a year to obtain an Apple developers license. That fee provides the 'developer' access to beta releases of new versions of the Mac OS. I would hope that Musictribe could afford a $99 annual fee to ensure that their developers would have access to upcoming versions of the Mac OS. As others have pointed out, updates to this software (and firmware) have been absent the last few years.
      • November 27, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto Hi Paul, regarding the update for X-Air Edit, there is an update being released very soon with bug fixes and one particular neat new feature. Check the product page under the software section (hopefully it will show up this weekend).
        • November 27, 2020
    • JayAlper
      CarolineHampton I just bought an Xr18 and am trying to install X-Air-edit 1.6 on my Macbook, running on Big Sur, but it says the it "can't be installed because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.... This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information."... So hopefully I might get some help here...
      • Jan 8
  • New
    majorizmlab
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-09

Hi there, i requested a free trial license for TC ELECTRONIC BRICKWALL HD, it says that an activation has been sent already but actually didn't receive anything yet.

This is my ilok: majorizmlab

Thanks in advance

All the best

read more...
    0 82
  • New
    lpagross
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-03

I love the MX-Q app, but I've found a couple of bugs in the MX-Q app on iPhone SE 2020:

1 the pan control doesn't seem to work from MX-Q to X32-Edit, or to what I'm hearing

2 the mute for mix bus 11-12 is very temperamental, it only seems to work sometimes & once it's stopped working the app seems to need to be quit to make it work again.

It's a great app, I'll keep looking.

Gordon

read more...
    0 210
    • lpagross
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Gordon, are you connected to an X32 console for both MX-Q and X32-Edit?
      • November 3, 2020
      • MX-Q App
        lpagross Yes, I am connected to the X32 Rack. It was on v4.02 firmware, I've just downloaded v4.03 & installed it, I will let you know how it does.
        • November 4, 2020
    • lpagross
      lpagross I've found the answer to 1, the bus sends for the headphones were set up to follow LR PAN, when I set them to their own pan they now follow the pan setting in the MX-Q app. This makes sense as they should only pan when the stereo bus pans with LR mode on. Hooray!
      • November 4, 2020
    • lpagross
      lpagross Still no way to do 2 yet: the mute for headphone bus 11-12 is very temperamental, it only seems to work sometimes & once it's stopped working the app seems to need to be quit to make it work again. This is the mute on the headphone bus master (or the bus master), it is on the bottom & to the left on the MCA page. No better on firmware 4.03 :-(
      • November 16, 2020
      • MX-Q App
        Paul_Vannatto Hi Gordon, I would recommend using Mixing Station instead of MX-Q for personal monitor mixing. It can be used either for FOH (no restrictions) or for individual monitors (restricted to that particular monitor bus). MX-Q is the official app and hasn't been updated for some time. Mixing Station on the other hand is a 3rd party developer that frequently updates his app and is available for the X32/M32, X-Air/M-Air, the new Wing, as well as some A&H and Soundcraft consoles. It is available for android, iPad, iPhone, PC, Mac and linux
        • November 16, 2020
      • MX-Q App
        lpagross I've downloaded the Mixing Station after your endorsement, but it only supports the X32/M32, X-Air or Wing from Music Tribe, not the X32 Rack plus it's not free, costs from £4.99 to £6.99 (none of the options mention the X32 Rack). I'm afraid it's out. If there are any remote apps that support the X-Rack & are free (there are 8 people in my band, which event at the £4.99 version is going to cost £39.95) that would be great.
        • November 18, 2020
      • MX-Q App
        Paul_Vannatto Yes it supports all X32 including the Rack. That is what I use it on most of the time (I have 2 Racks). Regarding the price, I don't find that extremely expensive for an excellent app. I've paid much more for software that I've used less.
        • November 18, 2020
      • MX-Q App
        lpagross Ok, which profile have you paid for?
        • November 18, 2020
  • New
    sseymour7
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-02

Hi: I bought VSS3 in 2018: is it compatible with Catalina?  Forgive me if a thread on this already exists, but I could not find it if it does.  Thanks in advance.

Stan Seymour

0 63
    • sseymour7
      KyleJohnson Hi Stan, Kyle here with Music Tribe. Yes, VSS3 Native is 64 bit and compatible with Catalina.
      • November 2, 2020
Go to page