Statistics

186,432 members
56,164 posts
  • 2020-10-21

This has been going on for a good while now (weeks). WHY does this music group forum take so long to load and switch pages? It happens on my Mac, a PC and iPad so it's not a specific computer. I have very fast internet service so it's not that. It is at least twice as slow (if not more) to load as any other web page I visit. It is reachable, don't get me wrong, but very annoying in this age of I want it yesterday-which I do :-) It's almost like dial up vrs broadband, well not quite but it feels like it. I notice whenever a new, I call them super promo, add/thread is posted by the forum (to announce a new product or similar) it takes even longer, almost like it is not going to load at all, then does. As I said it happens on this site only, not other places I visit. It has to be something from the forum end. As a comparison, if I click on the Wing product page, or Midas M32 page etc, the page loads almost instantaneously-the issue is specific to this forum.

read more...
    0 1
    • Gary Higgins
      Rex Beckett I agree, Gary, it has got slower recently. I am getting refresh times of 10-20 seconds. As you say, the product pages load much faster - typically around one second. The last time we had this slow response, they switched to different servers and it fixed the problem.
      • Wed at 2:12 AM
      • Web Site SLOW
        Gary Higgins Thanks Rex, good to know it's not just me, then I'm only partly crazy! The times you report are the about the same for me,10-20 seconds. It should not be. I also notice if I go to page 2 of say, recent posts, it can be even slower.
        • Wed at 3:24 AM
    • Gary Higgins
      Paul Vannatto I also agree, Gary. It's getting slower here also.
      • Wed at 6:00 AM
  • 2020-10-14

**I tried to search the community for similar topics, but the web search was not all that cooperative, so apologies if this is a repost.**

Hi All,

I've been using the M-Air (and X-Air) app on my iPad for years with MR18/XR18's and have been very happy.  However, I've switched modes and now would like to run my lights simultanously.  Unfortunately, my chosen lighting software (Enttec D-Pro) only runs on MacOSX and Windows, and I would rather not have to deal with two tablets simultanously.  So, I went and got myself a MS Surface Go 2 (with all the goodies,) and my initial testing experience suggests it's going to work out really awesome!  It should serve my purposes exactly as desired.

That said, two "convenience" items are immediately apparent.  This is more commentary, and they're not really bugs, but maybe feature requests?  If somebody has a suggestion for work-arounds I'm all ears.

1)  I notice that on the Touch interface in Windows 10 (1909) that the M-Air app does not respond to long-presses as right-clicks.  This makes it impossible to change labels/label-colors using only touch.  This is not a feature I would normally use on the fly, and is easily worked around with a BT/Wireless mouse, but would be nice if it worked as it does on iOS.

2)  On the iOS version of M-Air (never tried it on Android,) it only displays 8 channels at a time, and you have to slide back and forth between Chan 1 and CHan16/Effects.  While this is sometimes annoying, on WIndows I've set up "always-on-top" DCA's, so in my scenario not so bad.  Either way, it would be nice if there were a setting on both iOS and Windows (and Android I suppose,) to choose which mode to use...full channel or "half-channel slide."

3) On Windows, I notice that the top-line menu items (Mixer, Channel, Input, Gate, etc.) and the right-top config buttons (Setup, Utility, In/Out, Resize, etc.) require a double-tap (in touch mode) to activate.  All of the other buttons appear to react to single-tap. While I prefer single-tap in all cases, I could get used to double-tap, so I don't really care either way.  But, it would be nice if it were consistent.

I haven't tried any of these things with the M32-Mix or X32-Mix apps, but expect them to be similar.

In any case, none of these items is a huge problem...just suggesting some steamlining of the features.  Definitely open to suggestions if I"m getting it wrong.

Thanks all!

read more...
    0 11
    • KendellWelchII
      Paul Vannatto Hi Kendall,

To be honest, I think you are going to have issues with the Surface and Win10 using the M-Air-Edit app. It would be far better to switch to an android tablet and use Mixing Station Pro. With the layer and layout customisation functionality, you can have the surface you always wanted.
      • Oct 14
      • Thoughts on Switching to M-Air on Windows
        KendellWelchII Hi Paul,

You may be right. Would you mind elaborating on the specific issues you anticipate I'll run in to on the MS Surface, other than the minor ones I mentioned?

As I said, I've been happily mixing from the iPad for several years, but want to try the MS Surface to solve a very specific problem (running lights from the same tablet.) Testing so far suggests that it should work quite nicely even with my previously mentioned concerns.
        • Oct 14
    • KendellWelchII
      Dwayne Aasberg Hello Kendall.

In my applications I am connecting to either an M32 or an MR18. In both cases I routinely use BOTH a Win10 Surface and an Android device. My experience has been that setting up the event is easier with M-Edit (M32-Edit) on the Surface (setting channels names and settings, etc.). I usually end up picking up the Android tablet and using Mixing Station Pro to run the event. The sliders (in my opinion) are easier to manipulate in tablet mode with MSP/Android than in M-Edit/Win. All that being said there have been times I've run the entire event on the Surface with M-Edit.

The annoyances you've noted are, IMHO, just that. You should be able to do all you need with the Surface and M-Edit.

Dwayne A
      • Oct 15
    • KendellWelchII
      Dwayne Aasberg ...sorry for piling-on...
      In answer to your customization concern - I frequently use the pop-up window 'user layers' and minimize the main M-Edit window.
      • Oct 15
      • Thoughts on Switching to M-Air on Windows
        KendellWelchII Not at all Dwayne. Thanks for the input!
        • Oct 15
  • 2020-10-08

I can't find a download for this software anymore,can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

0 4
  • 2020-10-06

Hi, I am trying to get the Toneprint Editor on my Macbook but all the links are either dead or simply go nowhere. Any help would be much appreciated

0 9
    • Nadim Bakhshov
      John Matthews Hi Nadim, same for me. I'll report to the web team to get this fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience.
      • Oct 6
    • Nadim Bakhshov
      Nadim Bakhshov A friend suggested using a different browser - I navigated to the link via Firefox and it downloaded. All downloaded.
      • Oct 6
    • Nadim Bakhshov
      John Matthews I tried on internet explorer (rather than Chrome) and it's worked for me. I've put a copy on WeTransfer here for you.

https://we.tl/t-ZzCLYnYNHF
      • Oct 6
  • 2020-10-04

I ran Synthtool the very first time from my downloads folder. Since then I've moved the application itself, but each time it launches, it recreates empty Profiles and Sequences folder in the downloads folder. Is it possible to change this — or at very least kill that preference? I've tried to delete the .plist file, the  saved application state files, but no matter what I do... it ALWAYS recreates those folders in the original location.

To be clear, I've moved the application to a new folder at /Applications/SynthTool/ and I've created folders at /Applications/SynthTool/Profile and /Applications/SynthTool/Profile/Sequencer

Any advice? Thanks in advance!

read more...
    0 7
    • Andrew Miller
      Nigel Turner Hi Andrew, I have spoke to the design team and unfortunately that it what is coded into the software, the folders are always created in the Downloads folder. At the present time, there is nothing that can be done to stop it happening. I will however ask them to reconsider it in the next software release, the problem is that nobody else has brought this subject up so it may not go anywhere.
      • Oct 9
      • Synthtool - impossible to change the location of profile and sequencer folders?
        Nigel Turner Good news, they say that it will be removed in the next firmware release. All the best
        • Oct 9
    • Andrew Miller
      Andrew Miller Hey Nigel — thanks for the update! This is good news :-)
      • Oct 9
  • 2020-09-22

Hi all,

i recently got in touch with Apple about connecting the Crave to my Mac mini.

The synth tool would not detect the device when connected no matter what I did. I changed all leads & unplugged all my usb devices. I tried an earlier version of synthtool but it still would not detect.

I thought I would try it on my MacBook Pro, & it worked without any problems.

My main studio is run from the Mac mini & I'm not going back to work on music through the MacBook pro, as that would be downgrading & a waste of finance after upgrading.

After 10 minutes of my call to Apple, they suggested upgrading my O.S. to the latest. To which I cannot do because my access Virus synth hasn't got the support needed to run the software. This was an exspensive keyboard & to loose it in Logic Pro would be a nightmare.

Please can anyone help?

Let me know if anyone has this running on a Mac mini please?

Many Thanks,

Rob.

read more...
    0 2
  • 2020-09-19

I bought Q502USB.
    It was forgot when it was.
    It was forgot where it was bought.
    Because time has passed.
    That's used from today.
    Efecter can't be downloaded.
    There are too much registration items.
    They aren't kind at all.
    I use time. My time passes wastefully.

read more...
    0 2
    • Togashi Hiroshi
      John Matthews Hi Togashi, it sounds like you want to register to get a copy of the Tracktion Waveform software? if this is the case please contact us via the tech support form and we will assist you from there.
      • Sep 20
  • 2020-09-19

What's going on with the M32-edit app?  For about two months now it just won't stay connected and often won't reconnect.

0 2
    • James Chavis
      Paul Vannatto Evidently you have a network issue. Are you using ethernet or wifi to connect your PC to the router? Check the ethernet cable between the M32 and router. It may need to be replaced.
      • Sep 19
  • 2020-09-16

To whom it may concern,

sorry for the crossposting. I believe that my first posting has not been recognized. Hopefully this is a better place to post this question.

we use a special configuration on our X32 (actual firmware installed) connected to two stageboxes (DL16, actual firmware installed). We use up to four scenes to precontrol our mixer. We store special settings as snippets (eg. using a delay for the leadvocal only in a special part of a song).

We combine scenes and snippets as cues for gigs and use the cues to export cues, scenes and snippets together assigning a releasenumber to test different settings.

Each time when we export the cues we get one shw-file for the cue, five .scn files for the scenes and as many .snp files for the snippets as we created snippets. Works like expect. But each time we will import the complete cue into X/M32 edit software only N-1 snippets will be imported to the software. For example if we have twelve snippet files in our environment only 11 will be imported. Each time the last on will be missed out.

I tested this behaviour using the actual Linux 64 bit Version, the Version for macOs and for Windows. All show the same behaviour: the last snippet will not be loaded.

Is there is any development on X/M32 edit software? Is there a chance to get this fixed? I just worked arround this issue by adding one additional snippet to the end of the list which is not needed. But this is not a real solution for me (if I once forget to implement the last snippet I have to reimport this missing snippet).

Best regards and thanks in advance

Matthias

read more...
    0 22
    • Matthias Knaepper
      John Matthews Hi Knaepp, I responded to your first post too. I'll report this to the dev team to see if it can be replicated and resolved.
      • Sep 16
    • Matthias Knaepper
      Matthias Knaepper Hi John, thank you for your response, I missunderstood your hint in the other posting. I thought it was directed to an other user asking a question in reply of mine. So please keep me informed about this issue. If you need any information or have additional questions, do not hesitate to ask.
      • Sep 16
    • Matthias Knaepper
      Dave Morrison Which firmware version are you using? This reminds me of a bug that was in 4.0 or 4.0.1 (I can't remember which)
      • Sep 16
    • Matthias Knaepper
      Matthias Knaepper We use the current firmware (which is 4.02). But this issue happens in offline mode/editing as well. Because of this I think this is a software issue in X32 edit and M32 edit. I have not checked whether this problem occurs on the console as well. I will check tonight during our rehearsal...
      • Sep 16
    • Matthias Knaepper
      Paul Vannatto Hi Mattias, the snippet index bug has already been fixed and will be correct in the next X32-Edit and M32-Edit release (coming soon).
      • Sep 16
  • 2020-09-10

I can't seem to download the x32 4.0 firmware off the website. Any advice? 

0 22
    • Jeremy Stanford
      Dave Morrison Get 4.0.2. If the link is down, you can use any model of X32 for the firmware. Look in the Rack, Compact, Producer, and Core section if you can't find it. I would leave you a link, but this new website doesn't seem to want me to do so. If you still can't find it, let us know and we'll get you the firmware.
      • Sep 10
      • x32 Download
        Jeremy Stanford Hi Dave, I tried a couple different models still no luck! Still the SSL handshake error
        • Sep 10
    • Jeremy Stanford
      Dave Morrison Even the Midas site has the same problem. It's too bad because it's the same firmware. Try this: Straight off my mixer's flash drive. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yhc7te7dkqt5zr6/AADR0NKBG5F4Uf2isTbqupnoa?dl=0
      • Sep 10
    • Jeremy Stanford
      David Knighton Hello All,
      I've been alerted a short time ago that this issue has been resolved. Please check once more. The downloads should all be working as expected now.
      • Sep 10
Go to page