Statistics

284,944 members
166,810 posts
  • New
    jcave55
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-11

Hi, i just purchased the Clarity M, and i am having issue to have it set up with the optical cable. I cannot use it in AES, because it's not available. I only option to Adat. Can Someone help please?

It only says:"Optical No Lock". 

0 5
    • jcave55
      PedroRodrigues Hi jcave55, thank you for your post, please ponder that the Clarity M via optical does not supports ADAT, the optical connection must be via S/PDIF . Thank you
      • May 11
  • New
    santanatwins
    Contributor - Level 1
    2022-04-25

I purchased a Clarity M on eBay from a 3rd party vendor. Unfortunately I did not test the unit for a few months after receiving it due to relocating my studio. When i finally plugged the unit in, I noticed the screen blurred and froze after a few minutes. I would have to guess it's a lose chip inside. Can someone recommend a place I can send it to get repaired?

read more...
    0 5
  • New
    PhutneyBuilder4533
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-30

I had a distaster in my Studio, my nephew accidentally knock my Clarity M Stereo unit off of my Desktop and this pulled the MicroUSB Socket out of the back of the unit, of course it no longer can communicate with my Apple Power Mac, the display and everything seems O.K. Can this be repaired

read more...
    0 9
    • PhutneyBuilder4533
      Dale_M Yes most likely, please go to the Support tab and select a Service ticket so we can advise the nearest repair centre for non warranty repair.
      • Mar 30
      • Broken Off MicroUSB Socket
        tobyshark Dale, it's taken 3 days so far of me waiting for an initial response from your service team about a non-warranty repair (still nothing). Is there a list of service centres in the UK or authorised repairers - or even a list of companies that can repair digital audio devices? - I'm stuck in a limbo, not know if I should just cut my losses and buy a new sound card, I'm trying to be a little sustainable though - but just getting a simple contact for a repairer shouldn't take three days. can you help?
        • Apr 1
    • PhutneyBuilder4533
      PhutneyBuilder4533 Dale, I too am waiting for a response from the service, is there anything else I can do the get this device repaired, not impressed at all, some kind of feedback would be good, I didn't expect the Hermes treatment though.
      • Apr 5
  • New
    stefanoinjun
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-23

Hello, I would like to know if I can use the Clarity M Stereo as a stand-alone measuring system.

I need to connect it to my mixer output in order to evaluate any kind of signal coming out of it. Is it possible without using a DAW?

Many Thanks

Stefano

read more...
    0 6
    • stefanoinjun
      PedroRodrigues Hi stefanoinjun, thank you for your post, please take in to account that the Clarity M can be used as a stand-alone measuring system via AES using the SUB D cable supplied with the unit or via S/PDIF using the digital connection on the unit. For more detailed information on this matter please follow the link below to access the manual for this unit :https://www.tcelectronic.com/product.html?modelCode=P0DC8 Thank you
      • Mar 28
  • New
    TC Electronic
    Triber Moderator
    2022-03-14

MONITOR PILOT
    http://ow.ly/3fa050IieIK

Get a more informed starting point that will ultimately allow you to make better calls when mixing and mastering your productions. Once you have installed your MONITOR PILOT, you are set for seamless and transparent switching between speakers, as well as clear visual indication of which speakers are currently active.

List Price: $149.00 (in stock and immediately shipping from our factory)

#TCElectronic #MONITORPILOT #PassiveStudioControllers #MonitorControllers

read more...
    2 22
  • New
    saturdaynightweaver
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-17

I have downloaded the firmware update and installed into the Firmware folder on the Clarity Drive as instructed but the Clarity doesn't re-boot. I have tried powering off/On and re-Booting computer but no luck. Help please. I am on a Mac Pro 2013 running Big Sur 11.6.4 apart from this all is working ok. It is also on USB disk and not Plugin...

read more...
    0 5
    • saturdaynightweaver
      PedroRodrigues Hi saturdaynightweaver, thank you for your post, In this case I would suggest to perform again the FW update but on this occasion you must confirm if you are connecting the Clarity M directly to a USB 2.0 port avoiding any USB HUBS and USB ADAPTORS. For what I'm aware the Mac Pro 2013 offers 4 x USB 3.0 port but not USB 2.0 port. Thank you
      • Feb 18
  • New
    hendrix97
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-09

Hey guys,

just wanted to check in if there is an update for dialog gated measurement including BS-1770.1 planned at all.

There is a rising number of Netflix productions coming our way and I am tired of using VST Plugins for metering. Any chance for an update on this?

Greatly appreciated,

Hendrik

read more...
    0 32
    • hendrix97
      PedroRodrigues Hi hendrix97, thank you for your post, the BS.1770-1 from 09/2007 was superseded by BS.1770-4 form 10/2015.
      The P/LOUD group, to what TC ELECTRONICS belongs to since it’s foundations, which is part of The European Broadcasting Union (EBU), has defined the RI 28 standard based on ITU BS.1770.
      The group also added tools such as a relative gate that ensures even more consistent loudness across genres and types of program material. Some of these tools have been implemented in the updated version of ITU's recommendation: ITU BS.1770-4
      Basically, the R128 standard builds on 4 tech documents: EBU Tech 3341, EBU Tech 3342, EBU Tech 3343 and EBU Tech 3344.
      The Clarity M operates with the followings standards, ITU BS.1770-4, ATSC A/85, EBU R128, TR-B32 and OP-59.
      Thank you
      • Feb 10
      • Dialog Gated / Netflix Preset for Clarity M
        hendrix97 Hi Pedro, thanks for the reply.
        I do understand R128 and the background of loudness measurement all coming from those EBU Tech documents all the way to ITU BS.1770-4. And I am happy that is included in the Clarity M standards.
        Unfortunately there are delivery specifications directly asking for different measurements. One of the biggies is the Netflix Specification which states to mix to "-27 LKFS (+/- 2 LU) dialog-gated using ITU-R BS.1770-1". This has nothing to do with R128 we all know from mixing for german television for example. The Netflix Specs can be found here:
        #h_01ESQ5ZVNHAQH0ZVPPJ5N3B793" target="_blank" title="https://partnerhelp.netflixstudios.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001794307-Netflix-Sound-Mix-Specifications-Best-Practices-v1-4#h_01ESQ5ZVNHAQH0ZVPPJ5N3B793">https://partnerhelp.netflixstudios.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001794307-Netflix-Sound-Mix-Specifications-Best-Practices-v1-4#h_01ESQ5ZVNHAQH0ZVPPJ5N3B793

Other meters have adapted and provided different presets to mesaure to these specifications.
        Any chance tc would be willing to adapt, too?
        • ·
        • Feb 10
    • hendrix97
      hendrix97

ok, so no mixing for Netflix using the Clarity M. Thats a bummer.

• Feb 10
  • New
    maxepama
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-03

Hi We use the lovely M6000 system and wanted to upgrade some licens, is it possible? Can't find this on the web.

Thanks!

/Maxe - Pama Studios

0 11
  • New
    vpn19
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-16

How can I connect my clarity M stereo to Motu M4? This interface doesn't have spdif, only line outs (RCA).

0 52
    • vpn19
      PedroRodrigues Hi vpn, the Clarity M Stereo does not offer an analogue input so you would not be able to connect your Motu M4 directly to the Clarity M . The unit offers AES3 and S/PDIF inputs as well as it can operated via Plug-in mode on your DAW. I would suggest to check a few S/PDIF converters that any help you on this set up and output form your monitor out on your M4 and inputting on the Clarity M via S/PDIF. I hope this helps. Thank you
      • November 17, 2021
  • New
    RichardBlack
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-27

Hi,

Delving in the world of minor annoyances here. When I switch my studio on, everything powers up automatically, except my Clarity M.  This has to turned on manually by pushing button 6 on the right-hand side, even though it's power supply is already on.

Is there a secret setting to fix this please?

R.

read more...
    1 26
    • RichardBlack
      PedroRodrigues Hi RichardBlack, please consider that the Clarity M must be powered as you have described. Thank you
      • September 28, 2021
    • RichardBlack
      matahone This is the only negative feedback about the product from me. Why on earth is there no way to turn it on with power?
      • Jan 29
Go to page