• 2020-07-26

Hi all - I'm having trouble getting the footswitch "reset" feature to work on my Clarity M Stereo. Do I need to use a certain type of footswitch? I've tried a few different keyboard sustain pedals without any luck.

Also, I'm using the Clarity in plugin mode - would that affect the footswitch in any way (I assume not)?

read more
    0 14
    • Anthony Lopez
      William Reichling Hello Anthony, Please be sure you are using a two-button footswitch with a TRS cable as shown in the diagram on page 7 of the users manual.
      • Jul 28
    • Anthony Lopez
      William Reichling https://mediadl.musictribe.com/download/documents/tcelectronic/CLARITY%20M_CLARITY%20M%20STEREO_M_EN.pdf
      • Jul 28
      • Clarity M Stereo Footswitch not recognized
        Anthony Lopez Thanks for the help William. I did try 2 different two-button foot switches with TRS ends like those pictured - both did not work. Do you know if this dual pedal needs to be a momentary switch pedal, or a latching on/off type pedal? If you have a model of pedal you can recommend, I'll gladly take whatever advice you can give me!
        • Jul 28
    • Anthony Lopez
      William Reichling In relation to your question:

“For a clarity M, Do you know if this dual pedal needs to be a momentary switch pedal, or a latching on/off type pedal? If you have a model of pedal you can recommend, I'll gladly take whatever advice you can give me!”

I would recommend a momentary switch pedal since the GPI inputs on the Clarity M acts like the PAUSE/PLAY and RESET buttons on the product itself – these buttons are momentary.

The connected switch must support the ¼ Jack pin assignments specified in the manual – see picture below

GPI1 is activated by momentarily shorting Jack Tip and Jack Sleeve
      GPI2 is activated by momentarily shorting Jack Ring and Jack Sleeve

My only experience connecting a foot switch to Clarity M is using a MXR M199 (Single Tap Tempo Switch) which work fine and is TRS configurable through DIP switches inside. I believe they also make dual pedals, but I would assume that some of the Behringer pedals might work as well - e.g. FS112BV Dual Momentary Footswitch
      • Jul 31
      • Clarity M Stereo Footswitch not recognized
        Anthony Lopez Awesome, thanks for such a detailed response William! I'll try one with that configuration.
        • Jul 31