Statistics

241,168 members
117,419 posts
  • johnno11
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-01

Hi all,

Novice user here do I need special drivers to use Uphoria UM2 on my laptop? if so where do i get them.

0 62
    • johnno11
      RexBeckett The UM2 is class-compliant so does not need special drivers for either Windows or macOS. On Windows, you can optionally install ASIO4ALL to reduce latency when using DAW software that supports ASIO. That is available from: http://www.asio4all.org/
      • September 1, 2020
    • johnno11
      johnno11 That's great thanks. Any idea why play back sound on audacity is low?
      • September 1, 2020
      • Drivers
        RexBeckett There are playback level controls through either Windows or Audacity. If you cannot see the playback level control in Audacity, click View -> Toolbars -> Mixer Toolbar. Also see if these notes help.
        • ·
        • September 1, 2020
      • Drivers
        johnno11 Thanks so much!! little problem seems to be the microphone "in" works great with Mic or instrument but line "inst" 2nd line doesn't do anything. Nightmare!
        • September 2, 2020
  • AlexMorrison
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-08-23

Hey guys,

My band and I are looking to try to use our X32 and or our XAir18 as audio interfaces with OBS to stream to Twitch and Facebook Live. We've got everything connected, but can't seem to get audio from the interface itself into OBS.

For reference, we are running our X32 into a Macbook Pro 2019 via USB (using the X32 as the main audio device) from the X32 Card Out.

We were successful in setting the X32 as the main audio device in a Zoom call for a couple of friends, but due to security concerns with Zoom, we wanted to go through a streaming service to get better security and control.

Does anyone have experience with this or know what to do? Do I need extra software? Do I need an extra piece of gear? I can provide screen shots and things.

Thanks for any help.

read more...
    0 67
    • AlexMorrison
      DaveMorrison You don't need anything extra. It's just a question of routing the right signal to USB 1&2. On the X32 you need to set routing in two places. (These example refer to X32-Edit 4.1 which will run on your Mac - This version runs with firmware 4.0.2). These screenshots will send the Mainbus LR to USB 1-2.
      • August 23, 2020
      • X32 / XAir18 Streaming Connection?
        AlexMorrison Awesome dude, thanks so much for the response. I'll try it out tomorrow and let you know the result!
        • August 24, 2020
    • AlexMorrison
      AlexMorrison Dave, thanks so much for the help. Everything seems to be working.
      • August 25, 2020
    • AlexMorrison
      AlexMorrison Dave, thanks so much for the help everything seems to be working.
      • August 25, 2020
    • AlexMorrison
      AlexMorrison Dave, thanks so much for the help. Everything seems to be in working order.

I did have another question, I'm running some IEM units into outs 1-10 (5 stereo pairs) so I'm wondering, can the IEM still be used with outs 1-2 since they're going to USB now? Can I change the USB outs to a different pair or is the X32 taking ONLY USB 1&2?
      • August 25, 2020
    • AlexMorrison
      DaveMorrison The Busses and the outputs can be separate. You can use outputs 1&2 for IEMs. The reason I set up USB 1 & 2 is that most software will only accept USB 1 & 2. I seem to recall that OBS has a plug-in for multi-channel operation (I could be wrong). On windows you windows, you would need access to the ASIO driver. I haven't my X32 to OBS via USB because I'm using it for other purposes. I wish we had 2 or 3 USB (host) ports on these awesome mixers.
      • August 25, 2020
  • miralev
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-17

Povedl jsem registraci xr18 a dostal jsem účtenku. Jak získám nahrávací software. Děkuji

0 66
    • miralev
      RexBeckett You should get a download code by email. Keep watch on your email spam/junk folder. If it has not arrived after three days, send an email to [email protected] telling him the Care case number of your product registration.
      • August 17, 2020
  • RWelker
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-16
    Hello, which additionally hardware on my computer do I need for to connect the digital output to my computer, because my soundcard does have only analoge input, but no digital input like necessary for communicate via AES/EBU which is digital only? Thank you for your feedback!
    read more...
    0 92
    • RWelker
      Paul_Vannatto That is a pretty old model and you will probably spend as much for an AES/EBU computer interface as you would if you got something like the Behringer UMC202HD (https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/UMC202HD--behringer-u-phoria-umc202hd-usb-audio-interface)
      • July 16, 2020
    • RWelker
      RWelker Hello, this device looks really nice and is not too expensive. Does this means that the internal converted signal from analog to digital can be transferred via USB to my computer and can directly used by my DAW (Cubase)?
      • July 16, 2020
      • Behringer "Ultra Voice Digital VX2496" connect to a computer via AES/EBU
        Paul_Vannatto Yes that is correct
        • July 16, 2020
  • Francois43912
    Regular Contributor - Level 1
    2020-07-02
    Hi Everyone, To "pay it forward" I just uploaded a video on you tube hoping others can follow suit. I hope some here can answer some questions I raised on the video as well as uploading some videos to help musicians like me. Best Wishes, Paul https://youtu.be/ibYgBzWCbHk
    read more...
    0 48
    • Francois43912
      GaryHiggins Nice Paul! i use Sonar so what you did setup wise is very likely to save me work, Thanks.
      • July 1, 2020
      • New Video on DAW mode for the Wing
        Francois43912 I am so glad Gary, quite an accolade coming from an expert as yourself. My main issue (not a biggie) is to get the meters to work in DAW mode. My secret wish is that Behringer acquires Cakewalk and base the upcoming DAW on the cakewalk platform!
        • July 3, 2020
      • New Video on DAW mode for the Wing
        GaryHiggins I have a feeling Bandcamp isn’t ready to give it up...and to their credit, have been updating it often. There is no program as advanced AND free anywhere. I can’t believe it’s free. I’ve been a (paid) cakewalk/sonar user for 30 years! I was really upset when it went under...so glad Bandcamp bought it and pulled it from the ashes. I have not had the energy to jump into the DAW end of the Wing just yet...getting ready though. Your video will really help.
        • July 3, 2020
  • Francois43912
    Regular Contributor - Level 1
    2020-07-01
    Hello to all, It would be nice if the LED meters echoed my DAW console. I was wondering if this would be implemented kind of like the iCon control surface. Most of all, a big thank you to Behringer for enabling DAW mode. I hope to share a video on you tube soon to share my experience with DAW mode on my setup. It is my hope to see others do likewise. Although this forum is great albeit not very user friendly, I am sure many would agree videos are most helpful indeed. Let's all help each other! Paul
    read more...
    0 83
    • Francois43912
      jankoppe1 Works just fine for me with Reaper in MCU mode. Maybe it's just an issue with your DAW?
      • July 1, 2020
      • LED meters do not work in DAW mode on the Wing
        Francois43912 Hi Jan, thanks for your reply. I use Cakewalk by Bandlab. Maybe perhaps other members on this forum can chime in, hopefully Cakewalk users.
        • July 1, 2020
        Roblof Do you have Eucon installed? I’ve read that in Protools Eucon somehow takes over the level leds for HUI. Perhaps the same issue...?
        • ·
        • July 1, 2020
        Francois43912 Hi Robert, I don't know what Eucon is, therefore I presume no. Incidentally, I am in MCU mode.
        • July 1, 2020
  • Jaybeberg
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-06-20
    Hi all, New here and can't find specific info on this. I have a decent amateur recording studio and just got the P16-I and several P16-M's to send out cue mixes. So far I've been able to get all live channels from my interfaces routed to the analog inputs on the P16-I and sent out by cat5 to the P16-M's. I can't however get the output from my DAW routed into the P16's. I have two outputs on my interface playing the output of my DAW (channels 1 and 2), but no signal is going into the P16-I. Routed and connected the same way as the direct monitoring I've set up but no signal. What's going on? Thanks for any ideas. Cheers, JB
    read more...
    0 88
    • Jaybeberg
      RexBeckett What audio interface are you using on your PC? What DAW software are you using? If you explain your setup a little more, we may be able to help solve your problem.
      • June 20, 2020
    • Jaybeberg
      Jaybeberg Hi Rex, thanks for the reply. I’m on a Mac, I’ve got 16 channels going in on Focusrite Claretts running Focusrite Control. I’m tracking and mixing on Harrison Mixbus 32C. Sends from the Claretts are going into the P16-I analog (because I’m tracking at 96) and I’ve routed everything on Focusrite control. P16-M’s are for monitoring while tracking and dubbing.
      • June 20, 2020
    • Jaybeberg
      GaryHiggins P16 I’s can do 16 ch’s -16 analog, 16 adat or 8 of each...so unless your daw ch’s are both analog and 2 of the 16 total . Or adat and part of 8 adat ch’s leaving only 8 analog ch inputs, you will have an issue.
      • June 20, 2020
      • Recording live and DAW into P16 cue mix system
        GaryHiggins You should try them in another mixer or amp as well, Claretts may show signal BUT there still may be none at the output, that said 2 other P16i ch's that DO work would indicate it's the P16 ch's at fault. You also ruled out the cables right?
        • June 23, 2020
      • Recording live and DAW into P16 cue mix system
        Jaybeberg Hey, thanks for the replies and sorry for not responding! Was on a long holiday and all the studio stuff has been kind of on hold since then. Just getting back to it all. I can still get all the channels being recorded to play in the P/M16's while tracking but no signal when playing back through the DAW. It must be a routing issue but just can't get my head around what's wrong. If I create an external hardware send on a track wihin the DAW, it makes no difference.
        • September 22, 2020
  • Ab4471
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-06-16
    I’m having problems downloading Edit to my MacBook Pro. Says to refer to the software publisher. Any ideas ?
    0 101
    • Ab4471
      GaryHiggins Perhaps keep trying, this forum and all links seem buggy to me. Maybe it gets better soon...we all hope. What version are you trying, 4.02? I just realized that it’s Edit version 4.1, sorry bout that.
      • June 16, 2020
    • Ab4471
      DaveMorrison Is it a problem downloading or running after it has been downloaded? I just re-downloaded v4.1.0. To run it the first time, open it from the finder while holding down the control key and allow it to run when the dialog box asks.
      • June 16, 2020
    • Ab4471
      NicJonesMT Hi Ab4471
      Can you confirm What OS you are running and are you running with Admin rights?

I'd also recommend extracting the editor from the .ZIP file if you havent already.
      • June 16, 2020
    • Ab4471
      Ab4471 Hi Nic, I’m running Catalonia. Yes I have a dim rights. I’ll try some of the suggestions later. Tx
      • June 17, 2020
      • X32 Edit
        NicJonesMT Thanks for confirming.
        If you remove from the .ZIP and it doesnt work still then can you open a Technical support/service request ticket. A member of the Care team can then do some further trouble shooting and pass on to the dev team if needed.
        • June 17, 2020
Go to page