• New
    Samuel3000
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-16

Hello, 

I am hoping that I may be able to get some information or help with a project I am working on. I am wanting to build a set of cornetta cabinets for my 10" gold drivers. They are currently housed in the original 3lz cabinets, however there is literally no information or sources for different design cabinets for these drivers.

I was hoping that I could contact tannoy directly via email to someone who may be able to share archive information, but this seems the only route! 

I believe that larger, ported or folded horn, cabinets will benefit these drivers and I would like to use a design that has been tried and tested. Hence I would love to bring a set of cornettas to life.

These will eventually be used as part of an audiophile Soundsystem in a small public listening space, so to have something extra special is needed. 

Crossovers will be designed and built to suit the design. 

Any information or archive plans showing the internal details and spec of the original cornettas would be very much appreciated. 

Or if it would be possible to continue this discussion via email with someone at tannoy who may be able to help? I can explain in further detail the plans for what is being put together and the space these will be used in and how they will be used. 

The rest of the system will also include sets of hpd 385 drivers, so vintage tannoy will be in heavy use!

Thank you very much

Sam

read more...
    0 2
  • New
    stoicadanut
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-02

Hi. I want to find, or maybe somebody can tell my witch driver used on tannoy subwoofer vsx15dr? Just original. I want to buy original one. Thanks.

0 14
    • stoicadanut
      Nigel67 Hi stoicadanut. Our Spares Team will be able to advise you the information you require. Please send in a spares request ticket. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Spare Parts tab and submit a ticket. Many thanks
      • Dec 4
  • New
    jblair
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-01

Re: Case CAS-466240-T5N7P2

I sent in a Tannoy Gold 8 studio monitor to be repaired since it was still under warranty.  I sent the speaker into the repair center on June 29 and I received notification that it arrived on July 14.  The only communication I have gotten since then was on September 13 which stated:

Your unit has been evaluated and parts have been ordered. We currently do not have the parts in stock and they have been placed on back order. I do not have an ETA at this time.

Is there a reason that a repair should take this long? Why not just send a replacement since the monitor was still under warranty?

I would appreciate some clarification and some action since having one expensive monitor sitting in my studio does me little good.

Thank You

Jeffrey

read more...
    0 10
    • jblair
      Nigel67 Hi jblair. I can only apologise for the delay in repairing your loudspeaker. I have checked your ticket and messaged the colleague who is handling it and asked him to contact you with the present repair situation on Monday. Again, I am very sorry for the inconvenience this is causing you.
      • Dec 3
  • New
    Chris58
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-01

Any idea where I can get a replacement grille key for Tannoy Stirlings?

0 8
    • Chris58
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi Chris58, If you have not yet done so I would advise opening a parts ticket via the support tab at the top of the page.
      • Dec 1
  • New
    Visum
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-01

Hi

I have the Tannoy Precision 8D and the Kit Activ Assist but I'm missing the software. Where can I download it?

0 9
    • Visum
      Nigel67 Hi Visum. I have just sent you an e-mail. Please check you junk and spam boxes as they sometimes go in there. Many thanks.
      • Dec 4
  • New
    apacuka
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-21
    Would you like to know if there is a wall bracket for the type in the item? Unfortunately I looked anywhere on the net but so far I haven't found it. Thanks for the help
    read more...
    0 6
  • New
    gtrmichael
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-15

I need a Tannoy 1205 Reveal 6 replacement tweeter.

0 4
    • gtrmichael
      Nigel67 Hi gtrmichael. Please send our spares team a ticket and they will get back to you with pricing and availability. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Spare Parts tab and submit a ticket. Many thanks
      • Nov 15
  • New
    HIFI2000
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-12

Hello !

I am dealer from Kazakstan

How i can make the order now ?

0 9
  • New
    Vicped
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-03

I play digital piano at home ( just cocktail piano- no singing). I have an excellent and very critical ear for music. I play high quality sampled or modelled pianos. My setup at home gives me the perfect sound I need into my Bose headphones. I also play organ, and need some speakers which can reproduce the organ pedal frequency ( down to about 40 hertz).  I would like a pair of speakers to hear the Rotary speaker effect of the organ Leslie simulator.

Task: I want to play some occasional gigs in pubs/ coffee bars ( maybe only 6 per year). Instead of buying a set of speakers for home and a small P.A. Setup for small gig work, I am considering using Tannoy Reveal 802 Monitors for both jobs to get value for money.

The case For: Reveal 802 have 100w power each, and for background piano, I think about 30watts should be fine. So they would not be stressed at all. They have excellent reviews for good bass response without a sub, so should give a rich sound for piano lower keys or organ pedals.

So has anybody else tried this? 

read more...
    0 5
    • Vicped
      Vicped And I should mention that when I go into music shops , salespeople tend to say they aren’t designed for that. Of course they would say that as they want to sell you two products- and they have had the sales training. But setting the design aim aside, my query is ‘ will it work’?
      • Dec 3
    • Vicped
      Paul_Vannatto If you look on page 5 of the manual, it clearly says these are "designed as near-field monitors, positioned typically 0.75 to 3 meters from the listener". PA speakers are designed completely different to cover further distance and wider coverage. Also, those speakers have no front screens protecting the drivers. All you need is one drunk poking at your speakers and they are done with.

Pubs are actually quite difficult to do good sound and you need good PA speakers to make it work. One of the bands that I do sound for did a few gigs at a local bar (pub) and using TurboSound iQ12 as the main speakers (2500 watts per speaker), it was a challenge to get it right to get it not too loud but loud enough to get over the ambient noise (of customers talking and whooping it up).
      • Dec 3
    • Vicped
      Vicped Thanks for taking the time to reply. Yes I know that monitor speaks are designed for up to 3 metres listening distance. But I am wondering how they perform beyond their design capabilities? E.g. what if a listener is 4 metres away- do the sound waves suddenly stop at 3 metres distance, I don’t think so. So could I get away with more distance, say 6, to 10 metres?
      I take your point about damage to the speakers, butI don’t play that type of gig. Think of a piano bar where customers interested in hearing the music sit near to the piano, and those who sit on the other side of the pub don’t need to hear it at all.
      • Dec 4
      • Using monitor speakers for live performance- low volume small to medium venue
        Vicped I can’t be the only person who thinks that buying decent monitors for home and trying to use them in rare live gigs could be a money saver.
        • Dec 4
      • Using monitor speakers for live performance- low volume small to medium venue
        Vicped I have looked at the specs for bandwidth and read reviews of P.A. Speakers, but it seems no mid range P.A. Speakers can get near the sound quality of monitors, until you get to the high end products from EV or QTX, which are above my budget and do not make sense for a few gigs per year. Maybe I should explore the HiFi route? Some second hand Mission floorstanders and a decent HiFi amp may be an option….
        • Dec 4
    • Vicped
      Paul_Vannatto Well put it this way. You are most welcome to try your near-fields or hifi. Just don't be surprised if they don't ask you back. PA speakers are specifically designed for PA work.
      • Dec 4