Statistics

259,822 members
138,241 posts
  • New
    subiraudio
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-30

Hello. I live in Uruguay and the local official representative don' have the spare part for a power supply for a Behringer Xenix UFX1604 mixer/USB interface (serial number: S1400053AB3). I openned a ticket here in Music Tribe but won't get an answer.

Can anybody tell me where could I get the spare part, in some other place (with international shipping, no matter the cost)?

read more...
    0 11
    • subiraudio
      subiraudio I think this guy is the guilty, since the part is covered in the bottom side with an plastic acetate, and it has like a black smoked spot, as if something burned there, right in the place where this chip is set.
      • Oct 30
    • subiraudio
      Dale_M Hi there we do not advise customers probe the power supply as their is a danger of electrocution, can you please advise your ticket number so I can check for you?
      • Oct 31
  • New
    cffwbav1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-25

Hi, I run the sound booth of our church, a building with some nice natural reverb.  We use an X32 Compact.

I send sound out to internet streaming using Bus5.  I'd like to add reverb FX only to Bus5, without adding it to the mains.  Haven't been able to figure out how to set that up in the EFFECTS setup.

I've put Vintage Reverb onto FX slot 2, then increased the sends of Bus 5 when selecting FX2L, but I still get it coming out of the mains. How to avoid that happening?

Thanks

read more...
    0 10
    • cffwbav1
      Paul_Vannatto Select the FX2L channel strip, select the Main tab at the top, and disable the LR
      • Thu at 2:57 PM
    • cffwbav1
      whamil You need to turn off the send to the mains buss in the fx2 return channel. I'm not at a board to look, but you ideally use the fx2 as an insert on Bus 5.
      • Thu at 3:07 PM
      • How do I add Reverb ONLY to Bus 5 and NOT to the Mains in X32 Compact?
        whamil Another thought here. I work at a church that also live streams, and has nice natural reverb. I stream in stereo, so I use two mics, you would only need one. Unfortunately I don't have an X32 to use there, but that's beside the point. I use the mics specifically to capture the reverb and I add it only to the live stream, in whatever amount sounds good. Place a mic where is picks up as much of the stage as possible and as little of the congregation and use it just to add reverb to the live stream.
        • Sat at 3:15 PM
  • New
    DavidSelf
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-11-15

Is it possible to route this scenario:  mic (ch 18) -> usb (ch 3)?  I am trying to set up my pc so i can send a mic into it via usb while using usb 1/2 out into the x32.

0 9
    • DavidSelf
      Nigel67 Hi DavidSelf. Could do with a little more information as to what else you are wanting to send to the computer via the USB, i.e on channels 1 and 2 as this will affect the patching, but yes you could assign the Direct Output of Input 18 (with the Tap point you require) to Out 3 (in Out 1-16 tab) or Ultranet Output 3 (Ultranet tab) and then either assign Out 1-8 or Ultranet 1-8 to Outputs 1-8 in the Card tab. You could also set up the User Outs function after assigning the Input 18 to the Direct Out and then assign the User Out 1-8 in the Card tab. You have to assign to the Card in blocks of 8, you cannot assign just one individual channel - well you can in theory in the User Out, you just assign one channel to a block of 8 outputs, but you still have to patch a block of 8 outputs to the card. Then for the two return channels from the USB, bring them into Aux In 1-2 via the Aux In Remap (Card 1-2) in the Input tab. Hope this is what you were after.
      • Nov 15
    • DavidSelf
      DavidSelf Thanks Nigel67, I'll give that a try. I had already set the returns to come in on Aux 1/2. Right now I can't get my outputs from x32 to work at all in my PC. No problem sending audio to the x32 from the PC. I have the x32 currently configured with 1-8 input as local and 1-8 output set to card 1-8 with a mic in ch 1. I see the input signal and can hear it locally on my x32 monitor (phones). In the meters view I see ch 1 signal but nothing in the output other than L/R. Should I see output movement in the meters on ch 1. ie, does the output signal destined for card ch 1 show up in the output meter?
      • Nov 16
      • Routing Question
        Nigel67 Have you turned up the mix bus gains on Input 1 to send audio to Mix busses 1-8? So if you select input 1, then go to the Bus Sends section in the detail area and turn the gains up for 1-4 and then 5-8. You then need to raise the Mix Bus faders which is the right hand bank of faders with the switch set to Bus 1-8. You should now see the meters above the Mix Bus faders lighting as well as the L/R meters. As default, the Mix Busses 1-8 are assigned to Out 1-8, so as long as Out 1-8 are assigned to Card 1-8, then you should see audio coming into your computer. have a look on You Tube, as there are many videos showing how to record from an X32/M32 to a DAW, which you will find very helpful.
        • Nov 16
    • DavidSelf
      DavidSelf Thanks for the help Nigel67
      • Nov 17
  • New
    zogjohn
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-10

How do I get effects in the x32 rack into the P16-M direct channels

0 4
    • zogjohn
      Paul_Vannatto Assign the desired FX returns (eg. FX1L, FX1R) to a couple of outputs on the Routing, P16 (also called Ultranet) screen.
      • Nov 10
    • zogjohn
      zogjohn thanks Paul, so I have to dedicate 2 of the channels in the P16-M for those 2 effects returns (FX1L and FX1R?
      • Nov 10
    • zogjohn
      Paul_Vannatto Yes if you want stereo. All reverbs and delays are stereo out and don't sound right as mono.
      • Nov 10
    • zogjohn
      zogjohn got it, so that leaves us 14 channels for vocals and instruments in the p16-m I assume. I'm confused if my channel 15 and 16 are different then the FX channels though and can still be used for instruments.
      • Nov 10
  • New
    BLZBub
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-11-08

I cannot connect the mixer using ethernet. I am getting all kinds of error messages such as "Mixer IP not in local range, mixer not reachable (100%packet loss)". 

I have tried every setting DHCP, DHCP SERVER AND STATIC IP. I have matched the IP of the mixer with the tablets ethernet.

I can connect using the access point but this will be useless in a live setting. When accessed this way the IP comes up as 192.168.1.1 and the mixer is there although when I go to the NETWORK settings the LAN IP is shown as 192.168.1.18, SUBNET is shown as 255.255.255.0 GATEWAY is 0.0.0.0  Are these settings correct? 

I have tried a factory reset with no luck, my ethernet cable is shown as working. I am not computer literate or a telephone engineer, could someone tell me in normal non techy words what the hell I have to do as I need this to work for weekend.

read more...
    0 11
    • BLZBub
      DavidThomson1 your tablet and mixer should not have the same IP address. connect via its built in access point at home and perhaps start by setting your mixer to something like static IP 192.168.1.2 Subnet 255.255.0.0 Gateway 0.0.0.0 then set your tablet/laptop to static IP 192.168.1.4 Subnet 255.255.0.0 Gateway 0.0.0.0 . If you are using a direct cable between the two without a hub etc, then you will perhaps need a crossover cable (I need to use one with my iPad Pro and MacBook when connecting direct or it doesn't work)
      • Nov 8
      • Xair xr18 unable to connect with ethernet
        BLZBub What is a crossover cable? I have never used one before, the mixer worked fine when last used 2 years ago
        • Nov 8
        BLZBub When you say "setting your mixer", where am I setting this? Is it via the mixers NETWORK settings and would this be in the LAN section? I have spent 10 hours on this and am running out of patience and alternatives.
        • Nov 8
        DavidThomson1 yes in the lan setting of the mixer app page. ive found it hit or miss with the cable directly connecting if its a normal lan cable depending on the device connecting to it (laptop, iPad , tablet etc), my solution was to make a crossover cable and it has worked flawlessly since.
        • Nov 9
    • BLZBub
      Paul_Vannatto Are you trying to connect your device (tablet, laptop, etc.) directly to the XR18? If so, don't. Get yourself a good dual band router (eg. D-Link, Linksys, TP Link, etc.) and use a standard ethernet cable to connect the XR18 (switch to Ethernet) to the router (do not use the WAN port). Then connect your device either with wifi (use the 5Ghz band) or an ethernet cable to the router. That way the router will take care of assigning the IP addresses and connect all devices correctly. If you want something simple and reliable, do it this way.
      • Nov 8
        larryannarelli I’m glad I found this thread as I think it can also help me. I’m trying to connect a new iPad Pro (newest generation) to my xr18. We’ve had no trouble connecting an older iPad when the xr18 is set to access point. With this new iPad, when I open the xair app I no longer see my xr18 and therefore can’t connect to it. Your post suggests I should not use the access point connect option. Can you further elaborate on why? Frankly I just want to get an option in place that works reliably so I don’t have issues at my next live gig. This experience has been very frustrating. We
        • Nov 10
    • BLZBub
      Paul_Vannatto Hi larryannarelli, no to access point. Instead switch to Ethernet (switch on the XR18 beside the ethernet port) and connect the XR18 to a dual band external router (using an ethernet cable). Don't rely on the internal wifi (access point) or wifi client, since they are not reliable in a live gig setting. IMO it was a big mistake to include wifi into the X-Air consoles, since it has given so many of us so much grief over these years. They should have provided just the ethernet port, like with the X32 or Wing and made us use external wifi routers.
      • Nov 10
Go to page