Statistics

208,446 members
80,644 posts
  • New
    MILTON
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-12-28

Hello

I can say Wing have ten Headphones Output?

0 9
    • MILTON
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Milton, if by "Phones Output" you mean headphone outputs, the Wing only has 2, not 10.
      • December 28, 2020
      • TRS P10 Out Wing
        MILTON ok, but and the two out in the rear?
        • December 29, 2020
    • MILTON
      KevinMaxwell It has 2 stereo headphone outputs just under the surface to the left and the right. It also has 8 TRS (Tip,Ring,Sleeve) 1/4" outputs they are not headphone outputs. There was a time that the 1/4" jacks were refereed to as Phone jacks because they looked very similar to the jacks that a telephone operator used to use to cross connect phone calls. The 8 1/4" TRS jacks are balanced outputs. If you tried to feed that to a stereo input it won't work right because it isn't a stereo output.
      • December 28, 2020
      • TRS P10 Out Wing
        MILTON ok, I understand, but... why there is a picture of headphone in the output 7 and 8 TRS?
        • December 29, 2020
      • TRS P10 Out Wing
        KevinMaxwell Where do you see that? Can you post a link? Also please be aware that there are 2 1/4" connectors on the back that are contact closures that are meant for things like a foot switch.
        • December 29, 2020
      • TRS P10 Out Wing
        Paul_Vannatto The reason for that is because the factory default assignment to Aux Out 7/8 are monitor L/R respectively. This is for a studio setting where there is a need to plug in monitor speakers. This assignment can be changed if desired (on Routing, Outputs, Aux screen).
        • December 29, 2020
  • New
    teofiluszb
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-19

Hallo XR18 users and Behringer Tech Team..

I just wanna ask, can i use 30 Meter USB Cable (type A to B - just like printer's cable) from XR18 direct to computer / mac ?

anyone have experience with this long cable ? because i want to buy it if it works

With the 10 meter cable it works. But the problem is i need 30 M cable long (my XR is in Stage, but my comp is in FOH)

Thankyou

Teo

Indonesia

read more...
    0 9
  • New
    jbmike
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-20

I'm not sure why its so difficult to actually talk to beringer about their product but I'm looking for a way to have a splitter of some type 16 channel input to the x32 rack so 1-16 runs FOH and 17-32 runs Monitors. I do not want to input signal and split after entering x32 I need to have sperate 32 inputs from splitter.

read more...
    0 19
    • jbmike
      KevinMaxwell are you looking for something like this. https://www.amazon.com/Seismic-Audio-SARMSS-16x1515-Splitter-Mountable/dp/B00AG4721A

I have no idea if it is a good quality product or not t but I think that basically should do what you want.
      • Wed at 1:59 PM
      • X32 Rack
        jbmike that would be great but x32 rack will not take the 32 xlrs
        • Wed at 3:14 PM
    • jbmike
      Paul_Vannatto Why not get 2 S16 (or SD16) and connect one (via AES50) to the X32 Rack and the other to FOH (via AES50)?
      • Wed at 2:13 PM
    • jbmike
      jbmike I guess I can never get my point across on what I need but I had a full size x32 and it had 32 xlr inputs. I want a x32 rack whitch has only 16 xlr inputs. my full size I ran 16 channels for fog and 17-32 for monitor mix off a 16 channel splitter so rack x32 this does not work so I need help with ase50 routing mabe s16 stage box or something to feed 16xlr inputs to the x32 rack so I can use all 32 channel's from the 16 inputs.
      • Wed at 3:12 PM
    • jbmike
      Paul_Vannatto Ok, reading both of your posts, I think I understand what you want. Please confirm if this is it. You want to use the X32 Rack as a stagebox and to send the 16 inputs (of the X32 Rack) to the X32 FOH and have it split so that on the X32 FOH you have inputs 1-16 for FOH mixing and 17-32 for monitor mixes. If that is correct, I can provided the necessary routing.
      • Wed at 3:51 PM
      • X32 Rack
        jbmike Paul i want to use x32 rack and it will do both FOH and monitors. I have 16 inputs XLR in input on stage, right now I use 2 xr18 but trying to stream line to one x32 rack. I use the 16 inputs over all 32 channels so I'm basically splitting x32 and use half for foh and half for IEM. this way I don't share gain and basically have the 2 mixers in one
        • Wed at 3:58 PM
    • jbmike
      Paul_Vannatto OK, mentioning that you have a full size X32 only added to the confusion.

First of all the input gains are part of the preamps which are physically located near the XLR-F connectors. So splitting inputs between the 1-16 and 17-32 does not give independent gains. But you can configure the X32 to provide independent digital trims (Setup, preamps, HA Gain Split).

That all said, to "split" the 16 inputs of the X32 Rack to channels 1-16 and 17-24, you would simply assign the inputs accordingly. For example, input 1 would be assigned to both channel 1 and channel 17, input 2 to ch 2 and 18, etc.
      • Wed at 4:10 PM
      • X32 Rack
        jbmike Thx for trying this is why I'm so mad at beringer for not having someone to call a simple voice communication would clear up what I'm missing. 16xlr inputs split to 32 channels and somehow connected to x32 rack without all internal routing and sharing I know how that works. so just looking for way to hook it up. I'll buy something else and sell my other beringer products that are of no ise.
        • Wed at 4:18 PM
      • X32 Rack
        Paul_Vannatto What you are asking is physically impossible, since the X32 Rack only has 22 physical inputs (16 XLR and 6 1/4"), not 32.

:Edit: Actually looking at the S16 in splitter mode (4), there is a workaround that would provide 16 physical inputs to 32 AES50 inputs with independent gains. It requires an S16, another S16 or SD16, and 2 ADA8200 - therefore quite an expensive workaround IMO (about $1600 US from Sweetwater).

* Setup with the following AES50 connectivity
        X32 Rack [B] <-> [A] S16 in mode 4 [B] <-> [A] S16 or SD16
        * Connect the first S16 ADAT out 1-8 and 9-16 to the 2 ADA8200 ADAT 1-8 inputs.
        * Connect the ADA8200 outputs (all 16) to the inputs of the second S16 or SD16.

You will have 32 inputs available to the X32 Rack via AES50 B
        • Wed at 4:30 PM
  • New
    Phasedelay
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-05

I just recorded audio files from DAW to  my Wings memory card (2 cards connected) for mixing. Routing and effects seems to work very nice and I like the idea of mixing without my DAW. But... I haven´t find a way to record volume automation.  Is it even possible with the Wing? Typically I do volume automation at the end of my mixing process. 

read more...
    0 37
    • Phasedelay
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Jyrki, what DAW are you using? Can it send midi or OSC commands for the automation?
      • Jan 5
      • Behringer Wing volume automation?
        Phasedelay Hi Paul! At the moment I use Nuendo and Studio One latest versions. I checked manual of the Nuendo and it seem s to have this OSC protocol: "Nuendo supports the recording, playback, and mixing of object-based live productions using the Open Sound Control (OSC) network protocol to control a renderer." I suppose both DAWS can send midi. I am very used to use audio sources but not so much midi (except connecting midi keyboards to DAWs midi instruments) and had to find OSC in GOOGLE;D. Could you kindly and as simply as you can explain what next....
        • Jan 6
    • Phasedelay
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Jyrki, That's good news. The Wing (from firmware 1.06 and newer) has implemented the OSC protocol and is available on port 2223. Patrick and I have been working on documenting the Wing's OSC dialect and Patrick has posted the document on his website here
      https://sites.google.com/site/patrickmaillot/wing

For volume automation, you would want the DAW to be sending the respective channel's fader levels as it changes. The command for that can be found on page 38 (/ch/1/fdr).

The Wing also responds to midi commands. Changing the channel fader level is done by sending the midi cc12-63 (chan 1 = cc12) on midi chan 1. Full documentation can also be found on Patrick's site.

As well, the Wing also has a DAW implementation available in the Setup, DAW section and Patrick has documented this as well. Nuendo and Studio One are included in the preset list.
      • Jan 6
        Phasedelay Thanks! I`ll take a huge cup of coffee and....
        • ·
        • Jan 6
        Paul_Vannatto ... with Irish creme of course...
        • ·
        • Jan 6
    • Phasedelay
      -mjk- Jyrki, very soon, Patrick's AutoMate program (also available for X-Live) will be available for the WING so you can do mixing automation where it belongs - in the console. You will love the functionality of that program for mixing.
      • Jan 7
        Phasedelay Hi! I didn't get it how its even possible to sell something "digital mixer" without automation on board at this price???. The sound quality and routings etc are so superior. The WING-team and specially those who do real decisions should take a deep discussion about these kind of issues. REAL BAD POLICY. Any way, it seem that I don't have to wait too long thanks to Patrick's AutoMate. I have enjoyed very much about BW. Music tribe seems to be full of great and helpful people. Thanks!
        • Jan 8
    • Phasedelay
      PatrickGMaillot Hi Jyrki,
      You made the right move this morning :) Hope WingReaperAutoMate meets your expectations; It should and 'many' (that's all relative of course) of us either on X32 or WING use it to mix their stems.
      -P
      • Jan 14
        Phasedelay Itś good to realise that there are some GURUS with us. Thanks! I'll have an other cup of coffee in the evening and try to find out how to use it;-D
        • Jan 14
        -mjk- Be sure to leave questions on the website. Hope you are up and running by now.
        • Jan 14
        Phasedelay Hi. It seem that I can connect wing to reaper with AutoMate. Start, stop etc works nice and I can work with new tracks that I import to reaper setting output channels nicely to source group usb. "Autom On" and "ReadWrite On" light are on but I can't figure out why I can't record any volume automation with slider movements. Any ideas?
        • Jan 15
        Phasedelay Hi. Now I can write fader automation in WING and faders nicely follows my mix. Instead the recorded pan position of audio (the one that I hear in my headphones in WING) don't change even if automation line changes in the Reaper. I can see change of panning in the custom control window and in the panned channel window too. In the touch screen the pan indicator on the right lower corner don't move at all. Little help would be nice...
        • Jan 17
        PatrickGMaillot Hello Jyrki, please take the questions on AutoMate to the x32ram.com forum, or [email protected]; I don't want to pollute the Music Tribe forums with x32ram issues. I'll reply you over email.
        • Jan 17
  • New
    КонстантинКаза
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-01-16

Friends, are there any software developers for XR mixers in the group? Do you think it is possible to add the ability to sync the selected channel from other devices as it is done in UI mixers?

1 76
    • КонстантинКаза
      Paul_Vannatto Why would you want to sync a Behringer product with a Soundcraft product? Or am I misunderstanding what you want to do?
      • Jan 16
      • X-Air Edit sync the selected channel from other devices
        КонстантинКаза I want X-Air Edit to get the channel synced with the selected channel on another device such as a tablet. The way this is implemented in the UI mixers I showed in the picture. Maybe there is an open source X-Air Edit?
        • Jan 17
    • КонстантинКаза
      Paul_Vannatto The sync'ing is done by the X-Air console, not the Edit. X-Air Edit is only a client of the OSC server built into the console. Same with any of the tablet apps, such as Mixing Station, etc. This means that as long as X-Air Edit is connected to the console, any changes made by Edit will be reflected on any tablet apps (as long as they are also connected to the console).

X-Air Edit is the official editor app developed and supported by Music-Tribe and is not open source. But the OSC protocol (communication) is available (and included in the X-Air firmware package) for anyone to develop their own app.
      • Jan 17
        КонстантинКаза Paul I know all about what you wrote, but unfortunately the synchronization of the selected channel in applications on different devices does not occur. You can check it out. I know this option is there on the x32/m32 (screen follows mixer and selected channel follows mixer) but XR mixers do not have this, so I would like to know what is needed for software developers to add this feature.
        • Jan 17
    • КонстантинКаза
      Paul_Vannatto On the X32/M32 the Mixer UI Link settings are because the X32/M32 have a physical screen as part of the mixer itself. Those settings are actually opposite to what you want. As you select a screen on the physical mixer screen, the X32-Edit screen will change. Same with the channel selection. But changing screens on the X32-Edit will have no affect on the mixer screen or any other app's screen connected to the mixer.

Furthermore, the X-Air mixers do not have any physical screen built into the actual mixer. So those settings are irrelevant.
      • Jan 17
        КонстантинКаза In this short video, I showed exactly what I need. https://youtu.be/5Z1gfnwIUyE Is it really difficult to make the application X-Air Edit select a channel when receiving the corresponding OSC command from the mixer " / - stat/rta/source 0, 1, 2..."???
        • ·
        • Mon at 12:20 AM
        Paul_Vannatto I see no correlation between your video and the OSC command you mentioned. That OSC command reports the source of the RTA and has nothing to do with a channel selection.
        • Mon at 4:50 AM
    • КонстантинКаза
      aleksmla65 Yes, i think Constantine's(КонстантинКаза) suggestion is very good and really necessary when using the X-Air Edit software simultaneously with several devices (computer and tablets)
      • Mon at 1:28 AM
    • КонстантинКаза
      Paul_Vannatto Trying to mix monitor mixes from FOH is just as near impossible as trying to mix FOH from the stage - not best practice and not recommended. Trying to do so is only fooling yourself.

I work alone for most of my events and either take the time (when available) to setup the monitors during soundcheck the way the musicians want them and/or provide them with either tablets and/or DP48 personal mixers. Once the event begins, I don't touch monitors, but concentrate on FOH. And at the end of the events, I always get great compliments about both the FOH and stage sound.
      • Mon at 1:31 PM
        КонстантинКаза What are the arguments here about how to work correctly and how not to work, in any case, it is correct to work as it is convenient, I am sure that it will not be difficult for developers to add this option, which will expand the functionality of the application and therefore attract customers. Since the competition has it, why not do it at home, even David Schumann promised to add it in the next update of the Mixing Station.
        • Mon at 9:20 PM
Go to page