Statistics

208,457 members
80,656 posts
  • New
    JustThisJoe
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-28

I cannot find an "always visible" indicator on the channel strip of the X-Air software for PCs (or any of the mobile apps) that clearly identifies which channels are enabled/routed to the main bus?  I can't imagine that there isn't one... am I missing something?

read more...
    0 6
    • JustThisJoe
      KyleJohnson Hi Joseph, Kyle here with Music Tribe. That is visible by selecting the channel in question, then open the Channel or Main LR tab at the top of the screen. The LR button will either be lit up Orange or grayed out.
      • December 28, 2020
  • New
    DjBounty
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-27

Hello. Please I have a behringer X32. I would like to know if there is a way to connect the mixer to an internet network without ethernet cable. 

0 7
    • DjBounty
      RexBeckett Hello Emmanual, the X32 does not contain a wireless network adapter. You will need to use an Ethernet cable to connect the X32 to a network switch, router or wireless network adapter.
      • December 27, 2020
  • New
    Dane16
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-27

when i am in the mic setup tab my mic can be heard by other people and then as soon as i hit the ok button to confirm it it cuts off my mic and then no one can hear me anymore. i have already redone the instalation and stuff like that and i have also redone the stuff in the sound settings.

read more...
    0 9
    • Dane16
      PedroRodrigues Hi Dane,can you please confirm that you are you using a 1 x 1/8" TRS, stereo to connect your headphones?
      Are you using a headset? If you are please see the connection diagram below:

Please check the video below that will be very useful on this matter:
      https://youtu.be/7aNajiA_exw" target="_blank" title="https://youtu.be/7aNajiA_exw" target="_blank" title="https://youtu.be/7aNajiA_exw">https://youtu.be/7aNajiA_exw">https://youtu.be/7aNajiA_exw">https://youtu.be/7aNajiA_exw
      I would also suggest uninstalling the GO XLR APP and the install the lasted version available version 1.2.3.103 that you will find by following the link below:
      https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0CQK" target="_blank" title="https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0CQK" target="_blank" title="https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0CQK">https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0CQK">https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0CQK">https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0CQK

When it comes to configure the GO XLR instead of showing up in your computer’s operating system as a single device with multiple inputs and outputs, GO XLR shows up in your computer as several different audio sub-devices dedicated to different elements of your overall livestream.
      Sound>Playback Tab These different sub-devices will each appear separately in your PC’s
      Sound>Playback tab:

These Playback sub-devices carry the following types of audio information:
      Chat—voice chat audio from services such as Discord or Skype
      Game—audio from your videogame, such as explosions, special effects sounds, or alert noises that originate inside the game
      Music—audio from music applications running on your computer, such as Spotify, Windows Media Player or iTunes
      Sample—audio that has been sampled in GO XLR plays back into your stream over this channel
      System—this channel serves as a catch-all for when perhaps you have a particular video game that won’t allow you to choose a specific output device
      To set up your audio devices in the Sound>Playback tab, use the right-click option on your mouse to take the following assignments:
      set up the System channel as your overall Default Device
      set the Chat channel as your Default Communications Device Once assigned, the system will add a green check mark and text label to mark each of these devices:

Similar sub-devices also appear in the system Sound>Recording tab in order to make your livestream audio available for recording.
      These Recording sub-devices carry the following types of audio:
      Broadcast Stream Mix—the final stereo mix that contains audio from all sub-devices combined into a single stream
      Chat Mic—audio from your personal chat mic (chosen as the Default Device via the right-click function)
      Sample—sampled audio from GO XLR plays back and can be recorded using this sub-device

Once each of these sub-devices has been set up and assigned to a GO XLR slider, each slider on GO XLR can independently control its assigned audio device.
      Each slider may then be used to adjust that device’s volume within the final livestream stereo mix. To further illustrate this separate-and-mix concept, if you feel that your Chat audio is too loud, you simply reach out to the assigned slider on your GO XLR and move the slider downward to decrease the Chat volume relative to the Game, Music or Sample audio.
      If the Chat audio is too quiet, you can reach out and move the Chat slider up to increase the Chat volume or you may also grab the Game, Music and Sample sliders and move those sliders downward to decrease those sub-devices’ volume relative to the Chat audio.
      As last to avoid an unintentional doubling of your audio, you will need to go into Windows under the Sound>Recording tab and make sure that the Windows “Listen to this device” option is switched off for your designated Default Device.
      The “Listen to this device” option is the internal method by which Windows allows you to monitor audio, but the processing latency inside your PC is slower than GO XLR’s internal audio processing, and so this slight delay inside the PC can create an unintentional doubling of the audio.
      To de-select “Listen to this device,” follow these steps:
      Open the Windows Sound control panel.
      Click on the Recording tab.
      Right-click on your designated Default Device.
      Choose the Properties option from the pop-up menu.
      Choose the “Listen” tab in the Properties pop-up window.
      Find the “Listen to this device” option.
      Make sure “Listen to this device” is UN-CHECKED
      • Jan 8
  • New
    AnilKumarVeppatangudi
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-25

I have a XYNYX2222USB mixer. I would like to know the best way to connect it a Video Camera for Audio output.

0 3
  • New
    Roblof
    Volunteer Moderator
    2021-01-22

Exciting news!

Wing Dante has been publicly released to the distribution channels today. Distributors should be able to start placing orders now if everything goes as planned.

After that you need to wait for that slow boat from China before you can get it into your hands ;-)

read more...
    2 13
  • New
    RexBeckett
    Superhero - Level 3
    2021-01-22

Following the purchase of a Flow 8 Digital Mixer, I set about learning how it worked – from a user’s perspective. This was done by connecting audio test equipment to the inputs/outputs and observing the effect of each of the controls on the various outputs. The results allowed the creation of an apparent signal paths diagram. The diagram reflects the Flow 8 functionality with firmware V11729. Subsequent firmware releases may change the signal paths.

The diagram is not part of any official documentation and is just intended to help users understand how the various controls affect the operation of this great little digital mixer.

View Attachment

read more...
    3 3
    • RexBeckett
      DaveMorrison Nice work. How do you like the Flow8 as a mixer?
      • 3 hours ago
      • Flow 8 Apparent Signal Paths
        RexBeckett Thanks, Dave. I think that the Flow 8 is great for mixing solo or duo performers and is ideal for many streaming or broadcast applications. The hardware has been well conceived and designed and has many advantages over typical small analogue desks. The Android app needs some attention but most of the functions work.

I see the Flow 8 as filling the space between a small analogue mixer and an XR18. I have been testing it in a multi-participant streaming environment where it replaces a Xenyx QX1002USB + UMC404HD. The Flow 8 is excellent in this role - providing both a physical control surface and the advantages of a digital mixer e.g. instant recall of saved snapshots, remote control and multi-channel recording over USB.
        • 2 hours ago
  • New
    timeofsilence
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-01-22

Will there be a Midas version of the Wing?  Sorry if this has been discussed already.  

0 5
    • timeofsilence
      PedroRodrigues Hi timeofsilence Please be aware at this moment we cannot provide any information regarding any future releases, please keep checking our social media for any update on this matter. Thank you
      • 18 hours ago
      • X32 then M32, Wing then ?????  Will there be a Midas version of the Wing?
        timeofsilence Thanks for the reply :-)
        • 26 minutes ago
  • New
    KRONS11
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-20

I cannot for the life of me figure out why I cannot hear my song playing while I am trying  to record vocals.i read the manual over and over, I have watched countless amounts of videos. I can hear the music very faintly. I just need to hear my music while recording vocals. Sounds extremely easy, never had any issues using a much smaller USB interface. Now I have nothing but issues regarding this issue. Thanks for any and all help! 

read more...
    0 5
    • KRONS11
      RexBeckett Hi Krons11, I think you have run into a common problem with the built-in USB interface. Playback from USB is controlled by two buttons. When 2-TR/USB To Main is pressed, the USB playback will be added to the Main mix. To avoid possible feedback, this button also mutes the USB recording feed. When 2-TR/USB To Phones/CTRL RM is pressed, the USB playback is fed to the Phones and CTRL Room outputs replacing the Main mix. This button does not mute USB recording.

This arrangement works well for normal recording and subsequent playback but is not so good for recording a new track while listening to playback from previous ones (overdubbing). Ideally this requires Phones or Control Room output of a mix of the recording and playback signals. This is not possible with the built-in USB interface. The same situation applies to multi-participant streaming.

One solution is to connect the 2-Track outputs to the 2-Track inputs with a pair of RCA/RCA cables and press the 2-TR/USB To Phones/CTRL RM button. This will give you a mix of USB playback and the mixer output on the Phones and Control Room outputs. You would need to use the PC output level control to balance the two sources.
      • Wed at 4:17 PM
    • KRONS11
      -mjk- The RCA cable solution also gives you a nice latency free monitor for overdubbing. But, I would caution that, if that button is not in the correct position there will be an ear splitting, equipment damaging feedback that you will really wish you had avoided. I suggest watching this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtCgKMp8ofw
      • Wed at 5:54 PM
  • New
    Wklaas
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-19

Hi, 

i just have 2 problems. One regarding the Flow 8 App on Android and one for the iOS App.

Android: I just got an Smasung A51 as a gift for buying a TV. But this Phone won't connect on the the App side of BT. The Audio connection works, but I can't get the App connection work. Tried the same with my old S7 works without any trouble. But I like to have a bigger screen.

iOS: I have tried my "old" iPad mini 2. Connection (Audio and App) works fine. But the UI has a serious problem. When I select a fader on the screen and try to move it, it takes about 1cm movement until the fader actually moves and follows the finger. On going up this is no problem, because there is enoght space beyond the fader, but on going down to the end I'll always outside the screen before the fader is in 0 Position, so it takes two, three times with selecting and moving down, until the fader moves to 0. This is annoying, because I simply can't move the fader fast enough down to null. 

read more...
    0 12
    • Wklaas
      DavidKnighton Hello Wklaas,
      Thanks for providing this feedback. Would you be willing to submit this as a technical support inquiry so we can capture data? Then we can submit your case to our software engineers for review. The SUPPORT link at the top of the page is where you can submit a ticket. Scroll down and select TECHNICAL SUPPORT.
      • Tue at 10:29 AM
    • Wklaas
      Wklaas Done. CAS-412024-K6M8B9
      • Tue at 10:58 AM
  • New
    guitarsit
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-18

Hi all, I am having a hard time finding an answer to the following so posting here to see if anyone can help. Thanks in advance.

I have an MR18 I'm controlling from my Windows laptop. They're connected via ethernet for the MR18 controller, and USB for recording to DAW. Mixing and recording work fine. We're using 9 channels all with analog inputs and I'm using Acid Music Studio for my DAW.

I also have 1 input where the source is set to USB, to play audio from the laptop back into the mix. This works fine for the live mix, but it's not being picked up by the DAW for recording. In the DAW I set the input for the track to be the channel I've got the USB running through -- just like how the other DAW tracks are set up -- but it doesn't detect the audio.

All suggestions welcome.

read more...
    0 5
    • guitarsit
      RexBeckett Hi guitarsit, you need to change the signal tap for the channel with the USB source. This is on the In/Out -> USB Sends tab. The default tap is Analog which is directly from the analogue input A/D converter. If you change the signal tap to Input it will take the feed from after the analogue/USB switch and therefore record the USB playback. Make sure that you don't enable record monitoring to the same USB track in the DAW software or you will get digital feedback.
      • Mon at 9:51 AM
      • Recording channel where source is USB
        guitarsit That did the trick. Thank you!
        • ·
        • Mon at 10:02 AM
Go to page