Statistics

207,634 members
79,731 posts
  • New
    H6227
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-21

Recently had to take the fader bank out and top screen bank loose to replace a broken screw in the fader bank. Plugged everything back in now I get a series of beeps and a blank screen. Did not unplug anything on the screen bank..just took screws out and moved it to get to side panel screw. 

read more...
    0 5
    • H6227
      DavidKnighton Hello Hank,
      A series of beeps generally indicates trouble within the boot sequence on the MC. In my experience, multiple beeps usually means the system RAM is not detected. If your MC contains a compact flash card, try pulling the RAM from Slot 0 and placing it into Slot 1, then try a reboot.
      • December 22, 2020
  • New
    guitarsit
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-18

Hi all, I am having a hard time finding an answer to the following so posting here to see if anyone can help. Thanks in advance.

I have an MR18 I'm controlling from my Windows laptop. They're connected via ethernet for the MR18 controller, and USB for recording to DAW. Mixing and recording work fine. We're using 9 channels all with analog inputs and I'm using Acid Music Studio for my DAW.

I also have 1 input where the source is set to USB, to play audio from the laptop back into the mix. This works fine for the live mix, but it's not being picked up by the DAW for recording. In the DAW I set the input for the track to be the channel I've got the USB running through -- just like how the other DAW tracks are set up -- but it doesn't detect the audio.

All suggestions welcome.

read more...
    0 3
    • guitarsit
      RexBeckett Hi guitarsit, you need to change the signal tap for the channel with the USB source. This is on the In/Out -> USB Sends tab. The default tap is Analog which is directly from the analogue input A/D converter. If you change the signal tap to Input it will take the feed from after the analogue/USB switch and therefore record the USB playback. Make sure that you don't enable record monitoring to the same USB track in the DAW software or you will get digital feedback.
      • Mon at 9:51 AM
      • Recording channel where source is USB
        guitarsit That did the trick. Thank you!
        • ·
        • Mon at 10:02 AM
  • New
    glotts
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-01-18

I'm having a problem where 3 of the inputs on my XR18 don't sound the same as others.  One (channel 6) is unusable - super muffled, no highs.  Channels 12 and 13 are similar, just not quite as severe as channel 6).  I've reset the entire mixer to factory defaults, initialized it - and plugging a mic directly into each channel (no other routing, effects, etc.) and it's clear - those 3 channels are definitely different.  So, assuming it's a hardware problem perhaps?  Anyone else experienced this?

read more...
    0 13
    • glotts
      KevinMaxwell Try plugging the mic into input one XLR and then go to input 6 and select the "analog input" INP 01 and see if ti sounds the same or if the problem is still there. Then try it the opposite way go to channel 1 and select input 6 as the input and move the mic the the #6 XLR. This will enable you to test and see if it is the channel or the input.
      • Jan 17
      • XR18 Channel Input Hardware problem?
        glotts Will give that a try, thanks Kevin!
        • Jan 17
  • New
    glotts
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-01-18

I'm having a problem where 3 of the inputs on my XR18 don't sound the same as others.  One (channel 6) is unusable - super muffled, no highs.  Channels 12 and 13 are similar, just not quite as severe as channel 6).  I've reset the entire mixer to factory defaults, initialized it - and plugging a mic directly into each channel (no other routing, effects, etc.) and it's clear - those 3 channels are definitely different.  So, assuming it's a hardware problem perhaps?  Anyone else experienced this?

read more...
    0 16
    • glotts
      Nigel67 Hi. As you have mentioned these issues are probably hardware related. You have made a factory reset and then plugged the same microphone into each channel (with the same cable?). There should be no difference in sound. Could be the input protection capacitors have gone faulty. You will need to get the channels repaired. Please click on the support tab at the top of the page, and in the new window that opens, scroll down to the Service tab and submit a ticket.
      • Jan 17
      • Behringer XR18 Input Problem
        glotts Thank you! Yep, same mic cable and mic .... already opened the ticket!
        • ·
        • Jan 17
  • New
    tom8521
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-01-17

I want to buy a Behringer Wing.
    But, few users are Ghost touch screen.
    The defect corrected on new production? from which serial number the problem was corrected.

it would be good to provide a mode allowing to deactivate the touch screen in the event of a problem, in order to end the concert with the buttons, pc ... tablet.
    What do you think?

read more...
    0 6
    • tom8521
      john0121 Hi Tom, you'd be best to submit a case regarding this. Can you please fill out the Pre Sales from via the Support button and a member of the team can advise. Thanks
      • Jan 17
    • tom8521
      MartinPressmar Hey Tom, you can test it!

Update the Behringer Wing firmware to the latest version. Once updated, power cycle the mixer.
      After power cycling the unit, turn the Wing off.
      Press and hold the Home and Meter buttons, and while holding those buttons, turn the Wing back on.
      The Wing will then enter Screen Test mode.
      This displays the number of touches, and also where the screen is registering the touch.
      Let the test run for AT LEAST one hour.
      If the screen shows 0 touch events after running the test for at least an hour, you can determine that the mixer is not faulty.
      Press the blank function button on the bottom right to get to the mixer’s home screen.
      • Mon at 8:55 AM
  • New
    Rockbanger
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-16

I'm trying to use my XR 18 with Reaper for recording. Youtube videos recommend setting up the Device by changing the Audio settings in the Device settings in Reaper to ASIO and the driver to X18 ASIO Driver.

However i have searched the web for an X18 ASIO driver without success. The only thing i found was ASIO4ALL v2 which only provides HD Audio Mic input not 18 to 18 inputs and 2 to 2 out.

Where can i get the X18 ASIO Driver download please?
    read more...
    0 10
    • Rockbanger
      RexBeckett To download the X18 ASIO drivers, click on Software at the right side of the product page: https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0AWZ

Scroll down to the bottom of the list for the latest version of the Windows driver (4.59).
      • Jan 16
    • Rockbanger
      Paul_Vannatto Before installing the X18 ASIO drivers (that Rex has provided the link), uninstall the ASIO4ALL, It could interfere with the proper drivers performance.
      • Jan 16
  • New
    ValeriuM_Trufin
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-01-15

Our church just recieved our Wing console, and I'm trying to find a solution to output one signal Main 3 to multiple locations, with different delays.

We want to send the same mix to lobby / overflow / daycare rooms but because some are in proximity to the main room I want to add to some of the outputs a different delay.

Right now I see I can only set a delay tot he BUS, not to the outputs, like I could on X32.

read more...
    0 6
    • ValeriuM_Trufin
      KevinMaxwell Route your Main3 to the matrix outputs there is delay there and then you also have a separate volume control for those feeds. I would even recommend that your house feed goes thru one of the matrix sends.
      • Jan 15
      • One Main or Matrix bus, multiple out delays ??
        ValeriuM_Trufin I thought so, but I just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something.
        • Jan 15
  • New
    MatthewSimmons
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-01-13

Hello there. I use an X32 Rack connected to an S16 for additional I/O. I had occasion to add a Mixbus to one of the outs on the S16 to run an IEM feed for a second drummer we had at a gig. 

The issue was, even though in routing this Mixbus was set to prefader, there were certain things in the mix this drummer couldn't get unless they were turned up in the mains. The specific example in this case was a click track, which is normally turned down in the mains (and also not assigned to the mains, but is usually just kept turned down anyway). Everyone else can just go to sends on faders or use of the 'smaller' apps on their phones and turn the click up, but the person using the S16 couldn't. 

For the purposes of the gig in question we just turned it up in the main mix, which wasn't a problem since it was unassigned to LR, but I'm having an issue understanding why the pre/post setting isn't observed by the S16. Does it have its own setting for that somewhere that isn't accessible in the iOS app? Like do I need to connect a laptop to it to change this setting or something? 

Thanks in advance - 

read more...
    0 6
    • MatthewSimmons
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Matthew, the iOS app (X32 Mix) is a mixing app and does not work well for routing. Either use the front panel or X32-Edit when configuring the routing. I always use X32-Edit (or M32-Edit) for all my setup and routing and using Mixing Station on my tablet for the mixing.

I would say that probably there is a routing issue that you are fighting with. If you can't figure it out, export the scene to a file, zip it and save it to the cloud (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) and share the link here. I'll be glad to have a look and better advise.
      • Jan 13
      • Issue with mixbus using X32 Rack + S16 - Pre/Post issue?
        MatthewSimmons Hi Paul, thanks. I'll have to check it out later as everything is put up at the moment. It just struck me as very odd because I've mapped mixbuses to outs on the S16 in the past and didn't have this issue. I'm thinking its just a pre/post fader issue, but the app thinks its set correctly, so I don't know what to think!
        • Jan 13
  • New
    austinluce16
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-12

Hi all,

About to purchase an X32 for a venue.

The distance from where the X32 will be located to where the stage box will be located is near the upper limits of 300ft. 

I am wondering if I can install something like this photo below for the AES ports:

And then I would use something like this:

Kinda looking for help on if this is feasible to do for the stage box since the converter boxes are supposed to just convert 1:1 from Ethernet signal to fiber that it shouldn't change the packets but I'm not sure and didn't know if there was anyone out there who has done this sort of thing?

thanks for the help!

read more...
    0 8
    • austinluce16
      RexBeckett I'm afraid that this will not work. AES50 does not conform to Ethernet standards so cannot be passed through standard Ethernet converters. Klark Teknik offer some products that will convert or extend AES50. The DN9610 Repeater/Extender may be sufficient for your application.
      • Jan 12
    • austinluce16
      DavidKnighton Hello Austin,
      You can not use generic IP equipment with AES50. The appropriate device to transmit AES50 over fiber is a pair of Klark Teknik DN9620 or a pair of Klark Teknik DN9680.
      • Jan 12
  • New
    GaryWorsham
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-01-10

Hi,

I am checking out the X-Air Live Toolbox OSC application as there are a few things I'd like to be able to automate as regards the mixer sends, etc. for different setups.  Their documentation refers to the OSC document but I think it's the old forum site.  Can anyone who has this document post it please?

http://forum.music-group.com/showthread.php?8362-X-AIR-OSC-DocumentationRelease

I looked here and at Behringer site, can't find it.

Thanks!

DL

read more...
    0 6
Go to page