Statistics

208,446 members
80,644 posts
  • New
    mfettara
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-12-29

Hello, 

I would find it very useful to be able for the Wing to detect a tempo from any audio track containing a audio click track (for instance Logic Klopfgeist or cowbells - the usual used for clicks) and then be able to automatically apply this to the time parameter of effects (e.g. Delay time) with the possibility of selecting a subdivision of the extracted tempo : 4* 2* 1 1/2 1/4 1/8 ...

That would allow those effects to always follow the incoming analog tempo

In our case, the click is routed from Logic Pro on a Laptop via a KT DN9630 (AES50 chn 8) -> S32 -> (out AES50 chn 40) -> Wing (AES50 chn 40 to input 32) -> out via AES50 chn 40 (viaS32) -> P16-Ms (chn 16)-> IEMs

We do not always have an Engineer available to manually sync using the blank button tap function

I have also submitted this through a ticket ref CAS-403139-R0Q4R9 

Thanks in advance

Marc

read more...
    0 7
    • mfettara
      KyleJohnson Hi Marc, Kyle here with Music Tribe. I will pass this along to the developers.
      • December 29, 2020
      • Behringer Wing Improvement - time based effects sync
        mfettara Thanks a lot Kyle and happy new year as much as possible
        • December 29, 2020
  • New
    ChaseHoyt
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-28

We are looking for someone to work on our Behringer x32.  We need the Ethernet Ports replaced that connect the S32.  

0 4
  • New
    youngchoi425
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-28

Why is it so difficult  to get in touch with the music tribe? I already request the part for X32 compact two weeks ago, but no reply! 

I wish I can call music tribe and speak to in person, but seems like can't find their number anywhere! Is this company even exists?  

read more...
    0 10
    • youngchoi425
      KyleJohnson Hi Young, Kyle here with Music Tribe. Please send me a private message with your case number so that I can look into this for you.
      • December 28, 2020
      • No Reply ?
        youngchoi425 Hi ~ Kyle I sent you a private message about 7hours ago, yet no answer. CAS-404207-W8Q0R7 please call or email me back with working email address .
        • December 28, 2020
  • New
    PaulFranco
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-12-27

Hi

Does anyone know if there are midi commands to start and stop recording on the usb thumb drive? I know you can do this with the X-Live card but I would like to do this for the thumb drive as well. I would rather do this through midi rather than OSC if possible. Thanks for looking.

Paul

read more...
    0 16
    • PaulFranco
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Paul, if you want to use midi, you will need to use the OSC text via sysex, since the USB recorder/player requires OSC commands.

To start recording, the sysex string (second line) would be:
      OSC: /-stat/tape/state 4
      F0 00 20 32 32 2F 2D 73 74 61 74 2F 74 61 70 65 2F 73 74 61 74 65 20 34 F7

To stop recording, the sysex string (second line) would be:
      OSC: /-stat/tape/state 0
      F0 00 20 32 32 2F 2D 73 74 61 74 2F 74 61 70 65 2F 73 74 61 74 65 20 30 F7
      • December 27, 2020
      • X32 Remote Record Start
        PaulFranco Hi Paul As always you have the answers. Thanks mate.
        • December 27, 2020
  • New
    LariosoDog
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-26

Hi

#1. Can Wing both play back tracks on SD card and record new tracks as you do in a daw?

if so is this delay compensated?

#2. Is there a solution to have both ADAT module expansion and the live sd card expansion?

I had on a Fostex VF160 extra ADAT input to use own preamps that I know well.

Thanks.

read more...
    0 7
    • LariosoDog
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Lars, the Wing isn't really designed as a standalone portastudio. But it can play one SD card and record on the other simultaneously. Since the signals are digital, I would think the latency (delay) is very low. There is no delay compensation, though.

For your second question, the answer is probably no, since the Wing only has one card slot. The ADAT card has not been produced yet (and no ETA at this point).
      • December 26, 2020
  • New
    rbird59
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-21

I thought the X32 Edit Manual was in the Behringer Wiki, but I can't seem to find it anymore.

Or I'm crazy.... anyways I'm looking for the manual so I can figure out what does what.

read more...
    0 6
  • New
    angleton1stumc
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-21

I'm running a midas m32 with version 3.08. can I update directly to firmware version 4.xxx

0 9
    • angleton1stumc
      Paul_Vannatto Yes you can. But backup your scenes, snippets and presets first. Also make note of all of the settings on the first 4 screens of the Setup section.
      • Wed at 7:17 PM
    • angleton1stumc
      angleton1stumc Thanks for the information. I always have a backup for my scenes, snippets and presets so that is not an issue but when you say make note of the settings on the first for screens of the setup section do you mean that the upload of firmware will change those or is this a precaution only.
      • Thu at 5:11 AM
    • angleton1stumc
      Paul_Vannatto Yes the update to firmware 4.x will reset everything to factory default. Going forward, firmware 4.x has a new feature of backing up the complete console, including those Setup settings.
      • Thu at 5:33 AM
  • New
    LeenertsP
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-19

I have yet to get my X-LIVE card working. It consistently displays the following error; "SD-Card Error System error: 14". The X32 console has the latest bios update (4.04.1) as does the X-LIVE card (A12). I've reseated the card several times, and I've tried several brands of SD cards. The latest are the 32GB SanDisk Ultra 80MB/s SDHC cards, but I still get the same error. Additionally, the X-LIVE card displays the same error whether or not there are SD cards in the slots or not. Anyone out there encounter the same error and got past it?

read more...
    0 2
    • LeenertsP
      Paul_Vannatto According to Patrick's X32 OSC Protocol (page 72), X-Live error 14 is a "protocol error". I would suggest you re-initialise the X32 (make sure your scene is saved) and see if the error persists. If not, load your scene. If the error returns, there is a setting that isn't working (not sure which one).
      • Tue at 11:54 AM
    • LeenertsP
      LeenertsP Paul, thanks for the response. I have re-initialized the X32 a few times and, unfortunately, the error does persist. Do you know of a list of the settings I should look at on either the X32 or the X-LIVE card? Thanks again.
      • Tue at 12:41 PM
    • LeenertsP
      Paul_Vannatto Patrick's X32 OSC Protocol document can be found here
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Snbwx3m6us6L1qeP1_pD6s8hbJpIpD0a/view
      (see page 72 for the X-Live error list)
      If after re-initialising the console, the error persists. it is possible a hardware issue. I would suggest you submit a ticket (click on Support above).
      • Tue at 2:18 PM
  • New
    Kruse
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-14

Hi, I have a very specific use case.

Let's call it a DJ scenario.

I am playing music from Spotify on one channel and on the other I am talking.

When I talk I want the music to be lowered.

Can the X-Air do a sidechain compression so that the input in the mic is controlling the compression on the music?

And is the compressor advanced enough for what I want. I would like a really long release time on the compression so that the music is not hammering up and down with every word I speak.

Other ways of achieving this? And will it work to my satisfaction?

Hope someone out there can help me.

read more...
    0 3
    • Kruse
      RexBeckett Hi Kruse, what you describe is called ducking and yes the XAir mixers have this function built into the Gate section of channel processing. The release time can be set up to 4 seconds and the hold time can be a further two seconds. The source that triggers the ducking can be selected from any of the individual channels or mixbuses and an optional sidechain filter is available.
      • Jan 14
    • Kruse
      Kruse Sounds like I am going to buy a new mixer. Great feature. Just what I need.
      • Jan 14
    • Kruse
      -mjk- That compressor also supports side chaining by key source (on the above screen cap, you can see "Side Chain Filter"). So, you can put the compressor on your music playback channels, and select your vocal channel for the key source. That will make a hole for your vocal channel.
      • Jan 14
  • New
    irodnyc
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-13

Hi Community.

I recently started podcasting and picked up a Behringer XENYX Q1202USB 12-Input, 2 Bus Mixer with USB Output.

im having a hard time connecting my iPhone so that I can record a phone call. I'm connected to a MacBook and using Audacity.

Can someone help me figure out how to make the setup work? I've tried several configurations but can't seem to get it right.

read more...
    0 11
    • irodnyc
      RexBeckett Hi irodnyc, does your iPhone have a 3.5mm headphone socket?
      • Jan 13
    • irodnyc
      Paul_Vannatto Place a pencil condenser mic close to the iPhone's speaker.
      • Jan 13
    • irodnyc
      NicJonesMT Hi Irodnyc.
      You need to setup what is known as a Mix Minus.

To do this you need to get a TRRS to Dual TRS/TS Splitter Cable. Connect the Headphone (3.5mm) port on the phone to the TRRS end, and then connect one side of the Splitter to an input (Headphone side if labelled), and the other side to an output (Mic Side if Labelled) (On the Q1202USB you will need to use the FX Out).

You will then be able to get in signal from the phone into the mixer and send this via USB to your recording software.

For sending Audio back to the caller, you can then raise the FX Send on other Channels that you want the caller to hear. As an example, if you have a mic on input 1, raise the FX Send for this.

If you need any more assistance please feel free to submit a technical support ticket by hitting Support at the the top of the page.
      • Jan 14
Go to page