Statistics

207,646 members
79,743 posts
  • New
    bumbummen99
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-10

I have picked up an 302 USB yesterday. Sadly, channel separation does not work. When having sound play back trought USB or 2TR and booth black buttons in down position (route to phones instead of main), it will still play it back on usb mic in / main mix, just a bit quieter. This does not work for recording or online voice communication since all sound is being captured again.

Is this desired? is my unit just broken? What should i do?

read more...
    0 4
    • bumbummen99
      Paul_Vannatto The USB feed to the computer is tied to the mixer's Main mix. So if the Line/USB To button is pressed down, it will be heard in the heaphones, but not sent to the main mix (and USB out).
      • Jan 10
      • Xenyx 302 USB channel seperation not working
        bumbummen99 When i press the red button (USB/Line) down i switch between line or usb 2 channel input. Mic is always in the main mix. I can use the Black buttons to seperate the channels out of main mix (Line/USB and 2TR) what is not working. This is how it is said in the manual and the electrical diagram. The switche do not work 100%. They still feed the other channels than mic to main mix even when thy are switched off. I am sorry but your answer did not help me or solve the issue.
        • Jan 10
    • bumbummen99
      Paul_Vannatto "Mic is always in the main mix" - that is correct. As long as the mic volume knob is up, it will always be in the main mix. If you have both (red and black) buttons of Line/USB down, then the USB return (from the computer) will be heard in the headphones, but will not be in the main mix (which feeds the USB sends to computer). If you are getting the USB return signals back to the computer, then you have a defective console.

Please understand that I haven't used one of these small analog mixers for some years. I now use the digital mixers such as the XR18, MR18, X32 and Wing.
      • Jan 10
  • New
    mgwerner
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-08

Sorry for this, but I can't  find a clear answer on released specs:

are the 6 Aux/Monitor sends in Stereo? I'm afraid of, but on the other hand nowadays mono in ear monitoring wasn*t acceptable...

thank you

regards, mike

read more...
    0 12
    • mgwerner
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Mike, all Aux outputs are balanced TRS (mono) outputs. In order to have stereo monitor outputs for IEM, you will need to use 2 outputs. These are typically assigned to a couple of mixbuses (eg. bus 1 and 2) that are stereo linked. The assignments are done on the In/Out, Aux Out screen of the X-Air Edit.
      • Jan 8
      • Berhinger X 18, Monitors sends Stereo?
        mgwerner Thank you!
        • ·
        • Jan 8
    • mgwerner
      ThomasWilliams To be clear, the _monitor_ (headphone) output is stereo, and independent of the Auxes. Aux's. Oxen... Whatever they are.

Also, if you have some money, a P16 will tap any 16 channels (which could include busses or the mains) and allow the listener volume, pan, and tone control. I have one of those for my own IEMs. You can set up literally as many P16s as you want on an XR18.

Note: the P16 does not work with the XR12 or -16.
      • Jan 8
  • New
    TheCroMan
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-01-07

Hello: 

I have an issue with the Input section in the controlling software of my XR 12. I'm using the Linux software, but the same issue arises on my Windows PC as well. 

As you can see in the attached image below, the are where I can presumably select MIC/LINE in is not showing up in my software. I have the latest updated version of both the Linux and PC software. Is this a bug? Is there now a different are to choose MIC or LINE in?

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks!

read more...
    0 6
    • TheCroMan
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Josip, the lower screen you are showing is for the XR18 that provides 18/18 USB multi-track interface. The XR12 only has the stereo USB port for a USB stick. That is why you don't see the USB input section.

For the Mic/Line question, there is no separation. The first 4 channels have the combination input jack (XLR and 1/4"). The only difference is that the XLR jack expects a mic input and goes through the preamp, whereas the 1/4" bypasses the preamp. The other inputs are line only (1/4").
      • Jan 7
      • XR 12 Software Issue--Inputs
        TheCroMan Thanks for clarifying, Paul. One more thing: when I use the USB recording utility, I get very low volume output levels from my mic. I get appropriate levels for my music, but the audio from my mic barely registers when I import it into Audacity. Thanks again!
        • Jan 7
      • XR 12 Software Issue--Inputs
        Paul_Vannatto Hi Josip, what model of mic are you using and what is the gain set on the mic channel?
        • Jan 7
  • New
    skipweaver50
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-04

Hello everyone.

I am trying to find out how to save every single thing on our Midas M32 so that if one day we walk in and all the settings are changed we can load them back to how we had it. Also, we want to have different settings saved for a different service, such as for the individual microphones. Is that called scenes? Can someone walk me through how to save those?

Thank you for your assistance!

read more...
    0 10
    • skipweaver50
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Anthony, scenes can save almost all settings on the M32. The only settings it doesn't save are the scene, cue, snippet lists as well as the Library presets and the first 4 screens of the Setup sections. If you want to save the cues, scenes and snippets, you would export (using the Utility button) the show (from the Cues screen. If you also need to save the settings on the 4 Setup screens, there are some 3rd party tools available.
      • Jan 4
      • Save Everything On Midas M32 And Changes Scenes
        skipweaver50 So if I save a scene, will it overwrite what is not saved? Does a scene save the output level for each channel?
        • Jan 5
      • Save Everything On Midas M32 And Changes Scenes
        Paul_Vannatto When you save a scene, you would go to the Scene screen, select a slot then save it. Anything in that slot will be overwritten by the new scene you are saving (if that is what you are asking). Yes the scene saves all output levels. If you want to see what a scene saves, export the scene (either using the Utility button on the console) or use X32-Edit, then have a look at the file using a text editor (eg. Notepad++).
        • Jan 5
  • New
    Koben
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-04

Hello,

I hope someone could help me. 

For Streaming I use my PC connected to a X1622USB. For that I needed 3 externel USB Soundcards and the cables are a mess. 

Now I thought about the UMC1820 and I asked me some questions. 

1. If I only use my PC an the UMC1820 connected per USB, do I have separate audio outputs and could control them with the software?

2. Could I use the UMC1820 between my PC and the X1622USB and control four channels directly with the X1622USB?

3. Or am I just stupid, and some of You has an better idea for my problem?

Thanks!

read more...
    0 3
    • Koben
      DavidKnighton Hello Benjamin,
      All the inputs and outputs on the UMC1820 are discreet, meaning they are completely separate and not tied to anything. You can use it with the 1622 no problem, just be mindful that your inputs are going through a 2nd preamp, and careful not to set too much gain. As far as using the 1820 and 1622 together, why not just get an all-in-one solution like an XR18 or M32R? Possibly beyond your current budget, but it would help alleviate the mess of wires.
      • Jan 5
    • Koben
      Koben Thanks David.

The XR was something I looked into as well. But I always thought, That I could have only 2 Channels through USB.

But then maybe the XR12 is good enough for my situation. The M32R looks beautiful, but you are right, that‘s not in my budget.
      • Jan 5
      • Connect PC to UMC1820 to X1622USB
        DavidKnighton The XR12 does not feature a USB interface, just a 2Track USB recorder. If you want to use the mixer with a computer, you'd need the XR18, as it features a full 18x18 audio interface via USB. The XR12 and XR16 do not have this feature.
        • Jan 6
  • New
    Gpro
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-04

Caveat, I'm new at this and I'm having trouble connecting my iMac to my X32 Rack software.  I think I need an updated software version that works with Big Sur.  Would anyone be able to help me with this?

Thanks

0 11
    • Gpro
      john0121 Hi Larry, there shouldn't be any issues between X32 Edit software and Big Sur. What exactly is happening when you try to connect?
      • Jan 3
      • X32 Rack & iMac running Big Sur
        Gpro Hi John, and thanks for the quick reply. When I download the X32-Edit software, I get a "can't be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software. This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information". I'll attach a screenshot of the error. Thanks John for your time.
        • Jan 4
    • Gpro
      Gpro Hi John, never mind. I figured it out. Virus protection was blocking communications. Now the next challenge,...learning how to use it. Thanks anyway!
      • Jan 4
  • New
    ThomasWilliams
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-01-03

Since the last update of X-Air Edit, I've been having problems with the initialization file on most restarts.  Near the bottom of the file, there are two consecutive lines of default (all zero) settings for the User 2 view.  If I rebuild the window, it survives for maybe one restart before being reset in the init file again. 

I've stopgap-solved my problem by backing up the good init file and then having a batch file copy the good file to overwrite the one that's being corrupted; then the batch file launches XAIR-Edit.  This will get me through until I need to change the User2 window...

My educated but fallible guess is that the addition of the new DCA windows introduced a bug that broke the automatic maintenance of the initialization file.

Other data: Windows 10, current update.  Plenty of RAM and free disk space.  XR18 mixer connected by Ethernet.  Problem started after the software update.  I have deleted and reinstalled the (current version of the) editor.

read more...
    0 4
    • ThomasWilliams
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Tom, I have confirmed the issue with my linux version of X-Air Edit and will report this to the developers tomorrow.
      • Jan 3
    • ThomasWilliams
      ThomasWilliams Thanks, Paul. let me know if they would like me to beta-test the update.
      • Jan 3
      • Losing User 2 Settings on X-Air Edit
        Paul_Vannatto Hi Tom, I just sent you a message about an update (fix)
        • Jan 8
  • New
    TedToler
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-01

New to the forum - Just acquired a WING and am having issues with playback of WAV files from USB stck in top port.   WING recognizes the drive and can select the WAV file(s) into the playlist.   Once selected the playback controls are present - BUT - pressing play just basically does nothing.  Time code does not progress so its not like it is processing the file and there is not a route to output.   Anyone else having the same issue or is that feature not fuly implemented yet?   Very difficult to tell based upon scant documentation available.   Thanks

read more...
    0 8
    • TedToler
      GaryHiggins Have you tried using a different usb drive? I seem to recall some users having issues with certain makes of usb drives. Formatted on the Wing itself?
      • Jan 2
    • TedToler
      DaveMorrison I don't think the Wing has sample rate conversion. I think the sample rate of the file has to match the sample rate of the Wing (ie. 48k). That's something to check.
      • Jan 2
    • TedToler
      TedToler Thanks for the advice Gary and Dave - I actually tried several different USB drives and that had no effect, made sure I had them formatted in the WING. Following that I finally did go back and set the clock speed of the WING back to 44kHz instead of 48 kHz and found that the files would play - frankly I also found simultaneously the fader control for the USB stick on the AUX set. The lack of full documentation and a viable user manual for the console is a bit disheartening but I'm getting there. I'm going to conduct a full check on the variations involved and put my findings here. I would really prefer the WING clock set to 48 kHz if possible for quality of recording for post but I'll only go there if I can also can use the USB payback.
      • Jan 3
  • New
    LesBolen
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-01-01

The last firmware update for the XR18 was April, 2018. 

No more updates to keep up with current changes in recording technology? No new updates to the XAir app? Is this the end of life for support for the unit?

Les

0 17
    • LesBolen
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Les, what "current changes in recording technology" are you referring to? The X-Air Edit 1.6 was released at the end of Nov (2020) with DCA spill as one of the new features. Yes the latest firmware (1.17) was released in April 2018. But there is another update being worked on - no ETA at this point.
      • Jan 1
      • XR18 - End of Life Support?
        LesBolen Hello Paul,

Thank you for your fast response. I'm referring to higher sample rates/bit depths of some of the new interfaces, and I realise that firmware isn't going to magically re-program the chips to offer faster bit depths/rates...but essentially just asking that the firmware "keeps up with the Jones" if you will? And I'm happy to see that updates firmware-wise are being worked on...as I want to keep using the XR18 as my interface (I currently use it with Studio One)

I was unaware that the x-air Edit was updated, just checked it out; love the new features -- dca-spill, new EQ functionality, etc.

Happy New Year!

Les
        • Jan 1
      • XR18 - End of Life Support?
        KlausMock Hi Les, audio interfaces with higher samplerates were available long time before the XR18 was released. The R18 was mainly designed as a live audio mixer with audio interface capabilities. With the given sample rates. So it is not realistic to change the sample rate via a firmware update at all. And be aware that in the given price range you would rarely find an audio interface with that input count and the build in DSP power at all. Regards, Klaus
        • Jan 2
  • New
    WITELITE
    Regular Contributor - Level 1
    2020-12-29

I've set up my DP 48 and the 48 channels from the board using an AES connection. However if I mute the channels, the sound seems to still come through to the DP 48. Is there a way to set it up so that the channel output follows the muting on the board?

read more...
    0 4
    • WITELITE
      KyleJohnson Hi Michael, Kyle here with Music Tribe. In the AES50 Output routing of the WING, any source you assign would be assigned as just the input signal from the source, routed straight out to the DP48. This would bypass any channel processing including the Mute. If you want to send a post fader signal from the WING out to the DP48, you should use the USER routing tab to set up custom tap points for your outputs.
      • December 29, 2020
      • DP48 and wing channel mutes
        WITELITE Kyle - Thanks so much for the speedy reply. Most appreciated. As a former X32 user who LOVES the Wing, it would be cool to have the option like we did there of prefader +mute. I recall theX32 had an array of "tapping" options and hope you guys consider for future firmware. Using a User Signal would include EVERYTHING on the channel if set to Post Fader I think and the option of the clean input with Mute capability would be great. Thanks!!
        • December 29, 2020
      • DP48 and wing channel mutes
        KyleJohnson Hey Michael, thanks for the suggestion. I'm happy to pass this along to the developers.
        • Jan 4
Go to page