• New
    joshtew
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-26

There is currently no way to assign a name to the saved preset slots(FW v1.9), from a management point of view this is a problem as musicians may not remember which slot they saved their preset to and slots will get used up pretty quickly and things get messy when musicians end up overwriting another's preset slot.

Please do add in a feature to name the preset slots for easy identification, and to edit the name as well.

read more...
    0 7
  • New
    andyp13
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-12-31

I have a DP48 for my IEM and the other guys in the band are using P16's. I also have the S16 in aes50-a. So for that reason my DP48 is connected to aes50-b.

if I record a sound check the guys using the P16's can then adjust their personal mix without having to do any re-routing at the X32(rack). However, it seems that this can not be done for the DP48. As far as I am aware I would have to re-route to playback the soundcheck so I can adjust my IEM mix???? or am I mistaken, is there a way I can play back without having to re-route (and then having to re-route again to be able to use IEM for the actual live performance?

please email me as I will probably never find this discussion again. (The most confusing forum ever designed).

[email protected]

thanks.

read more...
    0 8
    • andyp13
      GaryHiggins Andy, it might be easier if you posted your scene file. You can use dropbox or similar and post the link to your file here. Not really clear on what the routing issue is but you should be able to do what you wish. Off the top of my head you could include aes50 33-48 (by default unless changed is P16) as part of your DP48 mix and at least hear what they do. Something to experiment with anyway.
      • December 31, 2020
      • DP48 Playback for mixing IEM
        andyp13 Hi Gary, thanks for the reply and sorry if my post is a little confusing... all I was hoping to do was to do a soundcheck with the band and record it in my X32, then play it back as a virtual soundcheck to be able to get my inEar mix right, however it appears that if I wish to do this I have to go into the menus of the X32 and route some of the settings so I can play it back and hear it in the DP48, then put all the settings back ready to use it live....the guys using the P16’s don’t need to do that.....I got the DP48 as I wanted more channels but I think it will need to be returned as the last thing I want to do before a gig is to have to play about with the routing settings ? gutted.
        • December 31, 2020
        GaryHiggins It seems as though maybe you need to setup your DP routing of aes50 ch’s such that you are able to listen to the same sources as the band is. IF they can hear the recordings ok with p16’s, you need to be able to hear the same sources they hear as a mix on the DP48. You shouldn’t have to re route to do that. P16 uses aes50 33-48 by default for the sources and at the chosen setup tap point. So include aes50 ch’s 33-48 as a mix or part of a mix, on the DP48. What do you use now on your DP48 to listen to? You should be able to save a setup and recall it on the DP pretty easily. Save your current live mix to use when playing out or once your mix is right for a certain gig/recording. If you can post your current scene it would be easier to see the issues and help without a lot of back and forth and maybe me not creating more mud than clarity. Paul V has a lot more experience with the DP48, maybe he can suggest a fix.
        • Jan 1
        andyp13 Hi Gary thanks for the reply, I just came across your reply by accident on Google as I’m still trying to find out some info before I return the DP48, I didn’t get an email notification so had no idea I had a reply... - this forum is a joke, along with it being very slow, laggy and confusing... if you can help my email is [email protected] as the chances of me finding this thread again would be very very slim. I can use the DP48 to listen back to the P16 channels without having to do any re- routing for record and playback ..but as it only gives me 16 channels I may as well just keep my P16 or if I need more channels use an iPad....
        • Jan 1
        GaryHiggins I didn't mean JUST those 16 ch's but making those ch's also part of your DP 48 mix. What ch's do you use now? Not sure why you would be listening to different sources or tap points than the band, but rather adding others that they can’t (because of their ch limit) yet still including their 16 with yours. Really seeing the specific scene and routing would help, it could be something completely different.
        • Jan 2