Statistics

241,387 members
117,656 posts
  • New
    Yemsky
    Newcomer - Level 3
    2021-07-13

I bought an Infinium X1 crossfader (serial number S200900032954) as a replacement for my DDM4000 mixer (serial number S1500259167, date code 1503).

The installation instructions look straight forward, though getting the three-cable plug into the spare socket the DDM4000 has for a replacement crossfader is a bit fiddly.
    However, once installed it does not work: It lights up, but moving the crossfader has no influence on the audio signal between the selected channels of the mixer.
    There is one post here from about a year ago which desribes the same problem but it unfortunately received no answer.
    https://community.musictribe.com/discussions/171200/306533/x1-infinium

I submitted a support ticket to Behringer three days ago but have not heard back from them.

There are many post on various online forums describing this exact problem (and also reporting that the non-functioning crossfader is getting very hot when connected "as is"). People claim that you need to cut the two outside wires of the three-wire cable and switch them around before connecting the Infinium X1 with the DDM4000.
    Surely, I do not have to do a DIY soldering job to connect a genuine Behringer spare part with a Behringer mixer?!?!?!
    What is the problem here? Has the socket on the DDM4000 been soldered on the wrong way around in the factory or is the plug at the end of the wire of the X1 soldered on the wrong way around?

What is the solution, please?

PS: The marketing blurb for the X1 says "Complete installation instructions and a dedicated toolkit are provided for your convenience."
    The installation instruction contain a picture (see attached) which says "Possible only with DDM4000" which is difficult to interpret. I think it's meant to show that the DDM4000 has a spare socket to connect the cable, but I am open to hear other interpretations.
    Also, the "dedicated toolkit" is a flathead screwdriver, when in fact all screws you need to losen and tighten for the job on the Behringer equipment are Phillips. The documentation even shows all screws and the screwdriver to be Phillips, not a single flathead as the included screwdriver.... Bizarre.
    Is this whole product a bit of a cock-up?

read more...
    0 27
    • Yemsky
      Nigel67 Hi Yemsky. I am sorry, but I do not have this information to hand, but have asked our Service Team if they can provide details.. As soon as I have the information, I will pass it over to you.
      • Jul 13