Statistics

250,607 members
127,787 posts
  • New
    kongo
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-17

Hello,

Can someone point me to the FAQ on how to get the Polytune out of boot mode? I tried to update the firmware, but it got stuck and now I can't unstick it. 

I downloaded the "PolyTune_SWUPdater" and "setup" file, and followed all the instructions on the release notes page

The issue seems to be that the SW Updater is designed to work in Windows XP, not Windows 10. I tried to run various compatability settings (like running the program in compatability mode for Win XP), but it doesn't let me run the SW Updater, so I can't update the firmware (and its now stuck in the boot mode).

I read that you can run the SW Updater program from an old Windows XP computer and get it to work, but I really don't have any of those around, or know anyone who does.

Can someone please help?

read more...
    0 4
    • kongo
      NicJonesMT Hi Kongo.
      Could you please click Support at the top of the page, and submit a technical support ticket. From there we can then advise you further.
      • Sep 17
  • New
    Chedmus
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-28

Just purchased a TC Polytune 3

Not arrived yet.

To save me taking my pedal board appart to get acces to the power cables i'm considering using a battery with this.

Does anybody know whether the Polytune draws power whilst connected - even when the unit is off?

Whilst connected, how long will a standard alkaline battery last during constant use (true bypass mode)

Cheers

read more...
    0 21
    • Chedmus
      PedroRodrigues Hi Chedmus, please consider that the Polytune 3 will draw voltage even when off , it draws lower voltage but it does draw energy. Thank you
      • Aug 30
  • New
    MTGuitar
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-31

I'm trying to decide between the regular Polytune 3 and the Mini version, I like the Mini's size, and that it has the switches on the outside, but is it possible to upgrade the Mini's firmware?  I don't see anything like a USB connector like the regular Polytune 3 has, and there don't seem to be any software updates on the product page. 

Thank you!

read more...
    0 19
    • MTGuitar
      Dale_M Hi there, no there is no software updates available for the mini as it does not have a USB port, only the full size Polytune 3 offers this advantage.
      • Aug 31
      • Is it possible to update firmware on Polytune 3 Mini?
        MTGuitar I figured that was the case, I just wanted to confirm. Thank you for your response!
        • ·
        • Aug 31