Statistics

223,678 members
97,893 posts
  • New
    TK0471
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-18

My RD-8, sometimes when pattern play is stopped, it never plays again without power off/power on of the unit.  I will even go to 'steps', and it shows no steps lit for different drum sounds.  They come back after reboot.

Anyone else come across this issue?  I have the 'latest' update that I am aware is available as of 2021-03-17.  Thanks.

read more...
    0 27
    • TK0471
      PedroRodrigues Hi TK0471 can you please confirm that you have follow the process below to create a Step Mode and to save pattern : Select a SONG. 2. Press PATTERN. 3. Select desired pattern number via step keys 1-16. 4. Press STEP. 5. Select desired tempo with Data control. 6. Press RECORD. 7. Select the VOICE you wish to use. 8. Steps can be programmed either with the unit playing (press PLAY) or in the stopped position. The moving white LED is the play head which shows the current play position. The TRIGGER pad can also be used to play and record the currently-selected voice. 9. Select different voices to add into the current pattern. 10. Press stop and record to exit record step mode. How to save a pattern: 1. Once you have created your masterpiece of a pattern press PATTERN. 2. Press SAVE. 3. Press PATTERN again. 4. Select the Step number of the Pattern you wish to save, current pattern will be displayed in white after which SAVE will flash. 5. Press the flashing SAVE button to execute the operation.
      • Mar 24
  • New
    NealS_Munson
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-03-22

RD-8 has been off with power unplugged for a couple of weeks and now, when I turned it back on, I have no audio coming out of my desktop via usb. I can select an instrument and tap the "TRIGGER" button and hear an output into the headphones, but still cannot hear anything through the computer.

I've rebooted my computer and done a factory reset on the RD-8.... Still nothing.....

I tried the bass drum out to my interface as well as the Mono out and nothing.....

I do get a notification sound from my computer when I disconect the USB cable and also when I turn the RD-8 on and off.

Other than that I get nothing?????

Please help!

Neal

read more...
    0 22
    • NealS_Munson
      JoeRivers96 Hi Neal, Are you using the original power supply? Sometimes this affects the audio output if a third party power supply is used. Please also try a factory reset:

Press the Settings button.
      Hold Tap/Hold and press step key 16. The display will read Wait.
      When the display reads Done, power cycle the RD-8 to complete the procedure.
      • Mar 22
    • NealS_Munson
      graesserph Not exactly sure what you mean with "I have no audio coming out of my desktop via usb". Please take note that the RD-8 does not at all pass any audio through USB. You can send and receive MIDI through USB, but not audio, as the RD-8 is no audio interface...that's what its specification says.
      The the RD-8 has only analog audio outputs, the main mono out jack, the individual mono out jacks, and the headphone out jack. This is it. As far as my understanding goes, the RD-8 will never pass audio through USB.
      • Mar 24
  • New
    Sebastian95515
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-18

As the title suggests, my RD-8 suddenly, while playing on it, turned off and I have not yet been able to power it on again. Only the signal light flashes shortly, but nothing else happens.

Also tried connecting it over USB, but the RD-8 isn't recognized. 

I was running OS 2.0.6 as far as I remember.

Anyone had the same issues/any advice?

read more...
    1 13
    • Sebastian95515
      dafraludom I have the same issue - lodged a Care Ticket.
      • Mar 20
    • Sebastian95515
      dafraludom Sorry, but unit still dead and no joy from care ticket response - looks like I have a door stop.
      • Mar 29