Statistics

260,016 members
138,474 posts
  • New
    GreatBigMe
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-29

If I place the D1 after the H1 on my pedal board do I get a doubling of the harmonized voices from thr H1?

0 3
  • New
    RedlNorbert
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-25

Hallo zusammen,

habe ein Problem, mein Singers-2 kann seit kurzen kein Tonsignal im Instrumenteneingang empfängt.

Kabel ist in Ordung, Signal kommt aus der Gitarre.

An was kann das liegen.

Danke Norbert

read more...
    0 2
  • New
    chopperblue
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-22

I recently bought a HS 2 and have had it now for about a week.  Up until a couple of days ago it appeared to work OK. I beleive something happened as I was changing from my electric guitar to a Taylor accoustic that has a pick up and 1/4 inch jack.

The HS2 made a horrible zooming sound and the main LED dimmed then stopped working completely, (no mic sounds out) and none of the other buttons did anything.

So I went on-line (Music Tribe) and saw where I could re-load the firmware.  Figured it would be my last gasp option befor sending it back as a warranty repair. I work with electronic devices and have done alot of firmware re-loads, so doing this wasn't new to me. I also lucked out and had the correct USB cable.

My first try was to use the Voice Support 2 app but I kept getting the "this device is in use" error message from Windows.  I saw where there were some "try this, then try this, check for this, it might be this" ect. So I bailed on VS2 and downloaded Bome Send Sx.

This sofware was able to connect to the HS2 with out the error messages. So I searched around the Music Tribe website and found some instructions.  I followed them exactly as written and was able to get the HS2 into its Boot Mode amber blink pattern.  From there I sent over the "get ready for a file" command and then sent the firmware. The rev level was Harmony Singer 2.1.0.04 Build 12.syx.

So Bome showed the file going down and it went on for about 5 minutes until it stopped showing anything on its screen.  The HS2 stayed in its amber blinking pattern and never re-booted.  So I kept it cabled into its USB port for about an hour and then power cycled it.  When it came up it showed  the same dim main LED and with no other LEDs just like it was before the download.

Figuring that  the HS2 firmeware load failed, I left it unplugged, no power or USB for about a day. Today I did one final check before boxing it for return and .....its lights came back on when it booted up.  I plugged it back into my sound system and it apprears to be working now. 

I'm not sure how this happened so here are my questions:

Is this normal? I mean is this HS2 going to go down again due to whatever caused it to stop working in the first place?

Are there some "don'ts" that users need to be aware of?  Like don't change inputs while the HS2 is on, etc.?  

I like the device, and feel it's going to be a lot of fun to use but it seems to me to be very fragile.  With a warranty of just 90 days, I have a feeling it's useful time on this earth with be limited.

Sorry for the long write-up.  Maybe someone else may befefit from this story down the road.

Thanks

read more...
    0 2
    • chopperblue
      Dale_M Hi there sorry this has been your experience, personally it would be best to return it to the seller as this may be an intermittent/unstable fault and request another. I hope this helps.
      • Nov 22
    • chopperblue
      chopperblue

Thanks Dale, I appreciate your advice

• Nov 23
  • New
    Fluteranger
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-18

Hi everyone, I just bought TC extreme 3 today, and trying to setup step by step, i use this processor for my flute sound instead of singing.. one important effect i try to get is a one octave high. well flute have a 4 octave range, for the 2 lower range of flute, the processor is doing well, but next to octave 3 and more the sounds is a bit weird, the sounds effect is not getting more high but suddently drop to the lowest pitch.. any one can help me with this problem? maybe explaination why, or TC just have a very limited frequency respons from the input pitch? thank you.. 

read more...
    0 3
    • Fluteranger
      PedroRodrigues Hi Fluteranger, thank you for your post, Effectively the VL3X was primarily designed to be used for Vocals and Guitar but that does not means that it could not be used on other profiles. On your description I could not understand if what you are describing happen when you use the unit with a Mic set up or using Natural Play? Thank you
      • Nov 21
  • New
    ShawnBrown
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-16

Hi:

I have a bit of an elaborate karaoke basement. As part of the set up I have:

• 2 Perform V 
    • ZOOM LiveTrac 8 mixer
    • Mac for playing backtracks from KaraFun (great service)

The mixer has the capabilities to have custom outputs for each of the 6 or so headset jacks. These could have just the backtrack output with no vocals

My Question:

The Perform V can use room sense to use for the harmony, but with the PA speakers, multiple singers, background noise, I am wondering if the aux in is a option as described and would this even work.

The Perform V is a great piece of equipment!!

read more...
    0 4
    • ShawnBrown
      PedroRodrigues Hi ShawnBrown, thank you for your post, for the RoomSense to correctly perform chord detection you will need to have a chorded instrument near the RoomSense mic otherwise the unit will not be able to accurate detect the harmony. As you have described “with the PA speakers, multiple singers, background noise” that will definitely be an issue for the RoomSense mic chord detection.
      The Aux In can be used to determine key/scale for Perform-V’s Harmony or HardTune effects when you connect a music player or a smartphone.
      But for live sound as you have described unfortunately it will not work as the audio from the AUX input is slightly delayed from input to output to improve chord detection, the delay won’t have any effect on music you’re singing along with but it does mean this input is not designed to support instruments that you will be playing live as you will feel them strangely “laggy”.
      • Nov 17
  • New
    davymaguire
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-16

Will 600mA @ 9V power the Harmony singer? I know that the PSU weighs in at 670mA but there is usually a bit of headroom allowance with a PSU.

0 1
    • davymaguire
      PedroRodrigues Hi davymaguire, thank you for your post, the Power Supply used with Harmony Singer must offer 9 V / 670 mA otherwise you may damage your unit. Thank you
      • Nov 17
  • New
    OneDrinkPony
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-16

My band uses BandHelper (BH) to manage songs and set lists. When we perform I advance the set list to the next song and BH sends midi to different instruments. I would like to do is use a new product midi uhost https://www.cme-pro.com/widi-uhost/ to send commands to the VoiceLive Play from BH.

I know other VoiceLive products have MIDI and the Play does not. But, when using the VoiceSupport2 app it is sending MIDI commands via the USB cable. This is what I want to do with the WIDI Uhost.

Thanks

read more...
    0 2
    • OneDrinkPony
      PedroRodrigues Hi OneDrinkPony,thank you for your post, unfortunately that will not be possible as the USB port on the unit is exclusively to exchange data between the unit and VoiceSupport 2 so it will not accept other software sending messages to that USB port. Thank you
      • Nov 17
  • New
    amckee27
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-15

Hey all,

I'm singing 1979 by the Smashing Pumpkins. I have a lot of affects on the section of the song where Billy Corrigan sings, "today yeah." The volume, when I press the hit for that voice change, goes up considerably. To get the right sound I need to have the levels up on the effects to really get the underwater voice. I can't figure out how to get the On Contol voice, which is most of the song, and the hit effects voice leveled. Any way to control the two volume of these sources separately?

read more...
    0 9
    • amckee27
      NicJonesMT Hi AMckee27.
      You would need to press the "MIX" button and adjust the levels in this menu. You should then be able to build a balanced mix of all of your levels on the output.
      • Nov 15
    • amckee27
      amckee27

Thanks Nick- but does that affect the global mix? Or does it just affect the mix at the effect level? I just want to mix the Hit state as compared to the On state for this one effect. The Mix button seems to be a global setting with the options: headphone, loop Roomsense, main out, harmony and delay/reverb.

• Nov 17
  • New
    Newme41
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-11-13

Hello

Can please somebody tell  for what this setting is used and how because it is not explained in the manual
    ""MIDI PC Messages The product’s 3 presets correspond to Program Change Bank 0: 125, 126, 127""
    and because I pretty much embed my parameters in my midi files. I even made my own Performer.ins for cakewalk or other midi files program. but unfortunately this performer Vk  in event list can not select the type of reverb (Hall Room club) only the deep and decay . like echo you can choose the deep the feedback on and off but not the speed . I always have to get my tap
    with harmony you can set all parameters which is a very good plus point.

read more...
    0 10
    • Newme41
      PedroRodrigues Hi Newme41, thank you for your post,considering your question the
      “MIDI PC Messages The product’s 3 presets correspond to Program Change Bank 0: 125, 126, 127"
      This is related to the MIDI implementation for your unit to allow the Perform VK to be controlled by an external MIDI controller,part of the MIDI mapping process to allow the preset to be controlled externally via MIDI
      This is available on the manual on page 12 under “MIDI Implementation” and follows to page 13 and 14.

I will leave you the link below, so you can access the full manual.

https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0DEE

Thank you
      • Nov 14
  • New
    DennisMilsom
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-11-07

Just tried running the leys into the Perform VK and then audio out to the powered speaker, however all I can get is this muffled low end sorta sound, nearly no definition. I am using mono cables.

Which leads me to think these connectors are all just stereo only. I note in the diagrams in the manual they show stereo cables.

So, are they exclusively stereo, or are they a "switching jack" whereby either a mono or stereo can be used? If it is a switching, then there is a hardware fault with my unit.

Thanks

EDIT: Just tried a stereo cable, same result, so I think the unit is faulty! I bought it brand new, but it's juts out of the warranty period. I have never had a need before today to try this, and as it was brand new it's not something I would have thought of testing when I opened it tbh...

Anyhoo, there is an issue so hopefully maybe Nic or someone else from TC can chime in here?

read more...
    1 18
Go to page