Statistics

285,601 members
167,585 posts
  • New
    Scotts6767
    Contributor - Level 1
    2022-04-28

I have a TC Helico9n G Xt and when I plug it in the only thing i get on the screen is the number 8. None of the buttons work and I tried a factory rest, but nothing happens. i really like the unit, but it seems to be dead. Anyone else experience this and if yes, did they find a fix for it?

read more...
    0 9
    • Scotts6767
      PedroRodrigues Hi Scotts6767, thank you for your post, In this case I would suggest to update your unit via Sysex followed by a full calibration. To access all the tools and resources for both operations, please follow the link below: https://wsi.li/dl/A9pAXD2yHBT2EFZBT/ Thank you
      • Apr 29
    • Scotts6767
      kiskadar69 This issue is common with a failed power supply. Try another power supply (12 VDC with a negative tip, minimum 300mA).
      • Apr 30
  • New
    SteveSchow
    Super Contributor - Level 2
    2022-05-09

It has been a while since i used my VLP GTX and getting back into gigging now..  I think there were some firmware updates since the last time I used it (2013).  I would like to know if there are any documents that explain the new features or changers that were added in these firmware updates, that adds to whatever is in the normal user manual?

Also I would like to know what differences, if any, exist between the GTX and the the regular PLAY...since the PLAY is still in production and probably has received even more updates...while the GTX is out of of product and probably stopped getting updates.  

The main reason I like my GTX was because of the midi input capability.  But I recall from years ago some feedback problems occasionally with it and its possible they updated PLAY's firmware to eliminate the feedback maybe?  Anything else different?

I saw questions on here a while ago asking what features I'd like to see in a future product....

I really liked my GTX a lot back when I was using it, I don't need fancy features like looping, harmonies...just basic pitch correction, sometimes some tone mods..  I'm back up singer that needs to be in tune and sometimes pitch my voice up an ocative...and sometimes add some doubling and stuff like that.  If there is ever a more up to date version of VLP, that still has midi..and maybe also adds some of the newer vocal FX that TCHelicon has been coming out with in the smaller pedals...perhaps improved DSP, etc..I would definitely buy one.  The beauty of this pedal was smaller size and simplicity.

I also definitely used the onboard ambient mics to feed my IEM's with stage sound...that has been very useful for me.  A pedal which combines VLP functionality with also a personal IEM mixer would be very useful for a lot of people.  An IEM mixer needs to combine my own mic, with my own instrument (without using built in guitar or keyboard sounds), the FOH monitor feed, as well as the ambient mics....ideally with ability to pan each of those things into a stereo IEM mix to help distinguish them a bit (ambients are already stereo).  Also, if this was provided with a mic splitter..to send pure mic to FOH...even better.  

read more...
    0 17
    • SteveSchow
      NicJonesMT Hi SteveSchow.
      You can view the firmware release documents through the VoiceSupport application.
      Can you please submit a ticket if you are having issues seeing these.
      The main difference between the Play and the GTX is that the GTX has been specifically designed to function with an electric guitar. An Example would be the amp simulators that are provided on the GTX model. Please feel free to submit a ticket and we can advise you further on this.
      • May 10
    • SteveSchow
      kiskadar69 1. "there are any documents that explain the new features or changers that were added in these firmware updates?"
      v1.2.03 Build 50: Mic Boost parameter, Switch-3 programming
      v1.2.11 Build 61 (March 9, 2015, latest): fixes an issue where looper recordings could contain random pops and clicks
      Which version is your Play GTX currently running?

2. "what differences, if any, exist between the GTX and the the regular Play?"
      The TC-Helicon VoiceLive Play GTX..
      2.1. ..cannot handle the three small buttons of the TC-Helicon MP-76 microphone
      2.2. ..has MIDI In and MIDI settings, can be controlled by MIDI
      2.3. ..has a "Notes" style in the Harmony block. In Notes mode, the notes for harmonies are not guessed by Play GTX, but follow the Note On and Note Off commands received via MIDI pretty much exactly
      2.4. ..has INST IN input
      2.5. ..has INST THRU output
      2.6. ..has GND switch for XLR outputs
      2.7. ..has electric/acoustic guitar effects block
      2.8. ..Switch-3 switches can also be programmed with Gtr Delay, Gtr Reverb, Gtr uMod, Gtr Boost
      2.9. ..is white, the display is blue

3. "possible they updated PLAY's firmware to eliminate the feedback maybe?"
      I don't know about that, but I think feedback can be overcome by setting up and using the device correctly.

4. "there is ever a more up to date version of VLP, that still has MIDI"
      Unfortunately, no. Check out TC-Helicon Perform-VK.
      • May 10
    • SteveSchow
      SteveSchow Thanks for getting back to me.

I am aware of the basic differences between these two models according to standard marketing materials. I'm more interested to find out what has been updated to either of these units through firmware updates sincd 2013.

Ironically, I don't use guitar in the GTX. I bought it specifically because it has midi input port. Also because the onboard condensor microphone can be used as an ambient mic for my IEM's. This makes the GTX much more useful generally, unless PLAY has been updated, but I see that it has not..so this may be moot point.

Back in the 2013 days, the GTX (and maybe PLAY?) had a strong tendency to get feedback unless you changed the tone to settings that might prevent feedback by lowering treble but also didn't sound as good. At some point my understanding is that TC updated the firmware in PLAY with a specific feedback suppression capability that can be switched on, but it was not added to the GTX at the time, I guess because the GTX had been discontinued I'm not sure.

But then later in 2015 there was a firmware update to the GTX again anyway, which I'm not sure right now whether I have that yet, I have to get my GTX out of storage and connect it to my computer to find out. But anyway, I am wondering if they added that feedback suppression to the GTX also at that time? That would be EXTREMELY good if they did, it would make me very happy.

I don't know if I can switch to PLAY from the GTX in order to get better feedback suppression. Mainly because I am definitely using the GTX's built in condensor mics as IEM ambient mics.

The other larger and more sophisticated VL's are not an option for me as I am just a backup singer and I don't want a box that is that big and complicated for what I do. The GTX is/was nearly perfect, except feedback was sometimes a problem with it.
      • May 10
  • New
    jshangst
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-07

The Voicelive Play does not react at all to the MCA 100.  I have set up the VP for the correct mic type and have verified with a multimeter that the XLR cable is fine and the 48 V phantom power is present (the button lights up.).  I have also downloaded and installed the latest firmware for the VP.  I have tried with all of the modes: Hit; Hit/Talk and preset up; nothing works.  Is there something else to try, or is the MCA 100 just defective? 

read more...
    0 17
    • jshangst
      NicJonesMT Hi JshangSt. Please click support at the top of the page and submit a technical support ticket.
      We need you to provide a detailed description of your full setup and exactly what is happening.
      • May 8
    • jshangst
      kiskadar69 Tip 1: set SETUP / "Mic Type" to "MP-75 MIC".
      Tip 2: set the SETUP / "Mic Control" parameter.
      Tip 3: the MCA100 is not compatible with condenser microphones but can be used with any dynamic microphone.
      Tip 4: you need to connect the MCA100 and VoiceLive Play with a standard 3-wire microphone cable (2 wires is not enough and you can't put a wireless microphone system between them).
      Tip 5: restart the VoiceLive Play AFTER you connect the MCA100 +microphone.
      Tip 6: if you are not using an original power supply for VoceLive Play, try an original power supply. The processors can happily deal with a less than optimal power supply. However, the external switching is based on precise voltage sensing across what would normally be the phantom power circuit. The problem being that sub-optimal power supplies have different voltage drop characteristics during high current draw.
      • May 9
    • jshangst
      jshangst

Thanks; I have checked all of these things. The mics I have tried are SM57 and SM58; cables are all tested. Is it possible to diagnose what is going on by removing the mic and measuring the signals on the exposed pins? (I am an experimental physicist and have access to any kind of test equipment you can imagine.)

• May 9
      • MCA100 not working with Voicelive Play
        kiskadar69 "Is it possible to diagnose what is going on by removing the mic and measuring the signals on the exposed pins?": even if this is possible, TC-Helicon will never tell us the procedure
        Tip 7: do not connect the MCA100 directly to the microphone. Use a short microphone cable.
        • May 9
    • jshangst
      vampirexx

Hi all i got the same problem with my tc helicon Perform-V and the mca100 adapter, the button is blue all seems to be connected but the switch doesnt work, how can i solve? Thanx

• May 22
  • New
    B4ssguitarguy
    Contributor - Level 1
    2022-04-30

It’s been 12 days since I raised a ticket and to date, I have not received any communications. I have been regularly checking the spam folder and there is nothing in place to block correspondence. This is not a good system.

0 10
    • B4ssguitarguy
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle with Music Tribe here. Could you please provide your Case number so I can take a look for you?
      • Apr 30
    • B4ssguitarguy
      B4ssguitarguy

Rotary knob not working is now assigned to Case Number CAS-596341-G5M2Q5 . Here you go

• Apr 30
      • No action or reply  from support
        KyleJohnson Thanks, I have let the Service department know to take a look at your case.
        • Apr 30
    • B4ssguitarguy
      B4ssguitarguy

Thank you Kyle

• Apr 30
    • B4ssguitarguy
      B4ssguitarguy

Hi Kyle. Can you follow up on this? I am not getting any responses from Nic Jones. Thanks.

• May 5
        PedroRodrigues Hi B4ssguitarguy, thank you for your reply, your case is with our Service Department and I have requested they look in to this matter. Thank you
        • May 6
    • B4ssguitarguy
      B4ssguitarguy

Hello. Can you tell me how long the service department will be looking into this? It’s now been over 1 week without any communications from the service department. Thanks.

• May 7
        PedroRodrigues Hi B4ssguitarguy, I have requested the Service Department some celerity on this matter but unfortunately I belong to the Tech Support Team and unfortunately I cannot provide a specific time window for this matter. Thank you
        • May 14
Go to page