Statistics

216,611 members
89,864 posts
  • New
    Robbinsegg1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-19

I am trying to find out a way to change the footswitch function to punch in/punch out.

Behringer has a program that allows this for the regular X Touch, but it seems there isn't one for the X Touch One.

I haven't found any documentation for this, can anyone help me?

read more...
    0 10
    • Robbinsegg1
      WilliamR 1. The device ID for x-touch one is 0x41
      2. Make sure the x-touch one is in MIDI or CC mode, otherwise it will behave like a Mackie unit with emulation of the 8 fader blocks
      Protocol in MIDI/CC mode:
      X-Touch-one MIDI mode implementation:
      Buttons (standard MIDI mode):
      - Note on #0..34 (push: velocity 127, release: velocity 0)
      Buttons (MIDI CC mode):
      - CC #0..34 (push: value 127, release: value 0)
      Button Leds:
      - Note on #0..34 (velocity 0..63: off, velocity 64: flash, velocity
      65..127: on)
      - CC #0..34 (value 0..63: off, value 64: flash, value 65..127: on)
      Fader:
      - Control change 70 (receive and transmit)
      Fader Touch:
      - Note on #110 (touch: velocity 127, release: velocity 0)
      Encoder:
      - absolute mode: Control change 80 (value 0..127)
      - relative mode: Control change 80 (increment: value 65, decrement: value 1)
      Encoder Ring:
      - Control change 80 (value 0..127)
      Jog Wheel:
      - Control change 88 (turn CW: value 65, CCW: value 1)
      Meter Leds:
      - Control change 90 (value 0..127)
      Foot Switch:
      - Control change 64 (push: velocity 127, release: velocity 0)
      LCD:
      - sysex (hex) F0 00 20 32 41 4C 00 cc c1 .. c14 F7
        - cc: bits 0-2: backlight color (black, red, green, yellow, blue, magenta, cyan, white)
        - cc: bit 4: invert upper half of LCD
        - cc: bit 5: invert lower half of LCD
        - c1..c14: ascii characters (1..7: upper half, 8..14: lower half)
      Segment Displays:
      - sysex (hex) F0 00 20 32 41 37 s1 .. s12 d1 d2 F7
        - s1..s12: segment data (bit 0: segment a, .. bit 6: segment g)
        - d1: dots for displays 1..7 (bit 0: display 1, .. bit 6: display 7)
        - d2: dots for displays 8..12 (bit 0: display 8, .. bit 4: display 12)
      • Feb 19
    • Robbinsegg1
      Robbinsegg1 I thank you for replying. Sadly I’m not savvy on how to implement all of this info you’ve kindly supplied. The unit works as normal except for the footswitch, as far as I can tell. The way it behaves when the pedal is pressed is it goes into a rapid play stop, play stop, over and over. The only way to stop it is to unplug the pedal. I Logic Pro I tried to learn the pedal for record Toggle, but the same thing happens, just flashing repeated rapid record/stop instead.
      • Feb 19
  • New
    FlipF
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-26

My Wing was just returned from replacing the warranted malfunctioning touch screen, and now the headphone jacks built in on either side of the console are not working.  I pressed the Monitor Section 'View' and confirmed there is signal.  I also plugged the headphones directly into AUX OUT 7 & 8 which had sound.  I would appreciate any thoughts on what else to try.  

Thanks

read more...
    0 15
    • FlipF
      GaryHiggins Mon A (headphones) needs to be routed to aux7/8 and Mon A needs to be the focus..maybe it got changed somehow. I think B is for monitor speakers and C is both...
      • Feb 26
    • FlipF
      FlipF Mon A is routed to AUX OUT 7/8 (See photo). I did not change anything on my settings, and even tried reloading ‘snapshots’ in case something was just hung up somehow...
      • Feb 26
      • Behringer Wing built-in headphone jacks not working
        GaryHiggins Have you always had mon B on aux 1/2? How is your monitor set A, B or C? Mine does not have that for 1/2, and is on A. Curious if that might be it, sorry. Another thought is maybe initialize it, and check it (with all your scenes stored safely) Also what firmware?
        • Feb 26
        FlipF First, thanks for continuing to throw out some ideas!
        • Feb 26
        FlipF Yes, I use Aux 1/2 for studio monitors and I have the monitor set on A for headphones, but I also use B and A+B depending on what I’m doing. I’ve tried all of them.
        I tried to re-initialize it and nothing changed. I am using the latest firmware 1.10.1.
        • Feb 26
        GaryHiggins Wow...2 last ideas. Try unrouting aux 1/2. I kind of recall having an issue with using both and getting problems at one time, maybe it was a setting...or maybe I dreamt it. Worth a shot. Last but not least. If you want to post your snap, I will load it and see if I can still hear my phones...that would eliminate some odd setting in your setup. If mine works I would say maybe you need to send it out again....REAL BUMMER...hope not. I will look around my desk some more, maybe I see something else. BTW, you can attach the snap (I think) on your original post by using the edit button. The original poster supposedly can do this.
        • Feb 27
    • FlipF
      FlipF I already tried it with and without Aux 1/2 assigned but no change. I just did it again to make sure.
      Also, I tried to upload a snapshot but it said it’s an invalid file type.
      • Feb 27
    • FlipF
      FlipF I’ve tried it with and without the monitors assigned to Aux 1/2. It made no difference. I just tried it again just to be sure.

I also tried to upload a snapshot, but it said it’s an invalid file type, or something like that. It won’t upload.

I really appreciate you trying to sort this out. It’s very frustrating, and the lack of ability to reach Technical Support in a reasonable time frame (and only via email), is just making it all worse. It took just under a month to get the screen replaced, and I can’t afford that kind of downtime, let alone to do it again if it does indeed need to be shipped back. I keep hoping I’ve just done something dumb and it’s easily fixable…

Thanks again!
      • Feb 27
    • FlipF
      FlipF Now, as I finished posting, and went back recording, the touchscreen FROZE!!! I had to turn the machine off and restart it to get it to work.
      • Feb 27
        GaryHiggins Sorry, have you tried reloading that firmware again, or an earlier version? You can use Dropbox or similar, copy the link in your post. We do that here often. You have to attach from your original opening thread, can’t do it on later ones so I’ve heard. Dropbox links will work any time. .
        • Feb 27
  • New
    KevinTweddle
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-02-13

Hi,   How would I wire these up to control XR 18 and Logic from my X Touch (Universal) please.  Is it possible to run all via ethernet cables?

0 10
    • KevinTweddle
      RexBeckett Hi Kevin, this is explained in the MIDI Documentation. You can download it by clicking on Documentation at the riht side of the product page: https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0B1X

When using the X-Touch for control of an XR18 and a DAW, I believe the PC must be controlled through the X-Touch's USB port.
      • Feb 13
      • Wanting to connect X Touch, XR18 and Logic Pro X (imac). How to wire up.
        RexBeckett Yes, you need the XR18's USB port connected to the PC to record/play audio. I think you will get much better response using wired Ethernet. The built-in Wifi is rather slow.
        • Feb 16
        KevinTweddle Thanks Rex. So to clarify...I now have an ethernet cable from my home router to a 1Gig switch box (to expand my outputs). The X-Touch and XR18 are also both connected by ethernet cables (all Cat 6) to the switch box. I have the X Touch (midi)USB connected to PC . Does the USB cable from the XR18 for audio in/out now go back to X-Touch via one of the two USB Hub sockets on the X Touch? Sorry for all the questions. Most of the Youtube videos and Behringer instructions just show how the 3 way system works but don't explain or show you exactly how it's wired.
        • Feb 16
        RexBeckett I would connect the XR18 USB directly to the PC. USB hubs can often cause problems with audio.
        • Feb 16
        KevinTweddle Great . Thank you. So both USB cables (from X Touch main and XR18 go to two USB sockets on PC?) I'll give that a try! Hopefully getting close to getting result now thanks to you Rex.
        • Feb 16