Statistics

268,281 members
147,850 posts
  • New
    trucutru0323
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-05

i cannot make te pitch shifter sound decent on my plethora x5, im trying to use it like a whammy with an expression pedal but when i pitch it up (or down to make a dive bomb) it sounds very awful, like if it was out of phase or something...

Can someone share their settings???

read more...
    0 8
  • New
    sdanjou
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-20

I recently bought a brand new hall of fame 2 mini and really liked the default factory setup, it was some kind of a Hall Reverb with a Shimmer associated to the MASH function that was lovely.

I decided to try some toneprints with the application but at the end I decided to go back to the default configuration so I loaded the "Default" toneprint, my surprise was that this was not even near to the factory setup, even the Mash function did nothing, I tryed also Toneprint 1 & 2 setups but again this is not the setup that came with my unit from factory.

Have any of you experienced the same? Any help to recover the factory setup?

Thanks in advance to all and kind regards

read more...
    0 6
  • New
    gilmourstrat
    Contributor - Level 3
    2022-01-18

Hi,

on the release notes of the 1.3.6 Firmware update it mentions faster board changing/loading. Is it fast enough to be used in a pratical way LIVE? Meaning midway thru a song, change to another board with gapless sound changing?

Many thanks!

read more...
    0 3
    • gilmourstrat
      PedroRodrigues Hi gilmourstrat, thank you for your post, effectively the new FW will allow the user to load a board faster but not as fast as you are requiring. Thank you
      • 5 hours ago
  • New
    Bentoto
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-31

WTF!!! Just got a brand new mixing link...

the sound cut everytime I press on the trigger!!!

TC ?!? It use to be a great brand!!

or my device is just broken?!?

someone to help?! Is it normal ?!

0 3
  • New
    Bentoto
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-27

Hello

I’ve just bought a mixing link and and I ve found very annoying problems!

Every time I engage the Fx loop, there’s un blank in the sound…same when disengage the fx.

Is it normal ?!?

I hope that I could « discretely » and softly  blend fx without any cut! But for now…it doesn’t work as I hoped!

Thank for your answer

Best regards

read more...
    0 8
  • New
    Marksross77
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-26

I’m trying to reach tech support for tc electronic and was directed here. Basically tone print doesn’t work except once in a while. As far as I can tell I’m doing everything correctly. Phone speaker is on, tone print setting switch is selected etc. but it just doesn’t work. Very frustrated. Any ideas? Thanks Mark

read more...
    0 6
    • Marksross77
      PedroRodrigues Hi Marksross77, thank you for your post. In this case I would first suggest performing a firmware update on your unit.
      To update firmware:

-connect Hg pedal to computer via USB
      - hold down the footswitch and insert the power connector
      - release footswitch (pedal LED will turn green to indicate boot mode and your pedal is now ready to receive the update)
      - Start the updater and select your HG pedal in the drop-down menu
      - Click on "update"

To access the firmware please see the links below:

Hyper Gravity PC installer R706
      https://www.dropbox.com/s/yzsw2bfbxotlj3k/HypergravityFirmwareUpdater-1.0.05.706.exe?dl=0

Hyper Gravity Mac installer R706
      https://www.dropbox.com/s/ouhxpj74uxxnvts/HypergravityFirmwareUpdater-1.0.05.706.dmg?dl=0

To use TonePrint-based compressor configurations, set the Compression type selector to
      “TonePrint” To Transfer the Toneprint to your Pedal

Launch the TonePrint app on your smartphone.
      Find the TonePrint you want to use. You can browse TonePrints by Artist or Product (i.e., pedal type). You will also find Featured TonePrints.
      Plug your guitar or bass into your TonePrint pedal.
      Turn your TonePrint pedal on.
      Turn up the volume on your instrument and set the pickup selector to one pickup.
      Hold the speaker of your smartphone next to the chosen pickup and touch “Beam to pedal
      • Tue at 12:35 AM
  • New
    Paton90
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-24

Hi! i'm working with a loudness pilot 3xSDI which has been connected in my abscence. As i was reading the manual to learn how to use it i realized the "alert" led in the front panel is turned off, which means there's no computer or hardware connected with icon software, BUT the "signal" led is green, which means audio is being received and processed by Loudness Pilot. Is Loudness Pilot doing any process if no configuration has been made with software? is it possible? Or the signal led is just indicating audio is being received but Loudness pilot is not applying any correction?

I hope someone understands my question haha

thanks!

read more...
    0 6
    • Paton90
      PedroRodrigues Hi Paton90, thank you for your post, if the Signal LED is Green even if the Alert Led is off the unit will be able to detect at the input stage any audio signal above -70dBFS.
      Nevertheless, in some cases when the Alert LEDs is off, this may indicate problems within the signal being processed. Thank you
      • Tue at 12:56 AM
  • New
    liquidhologram777
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-23

I know you can loop your delayed signal on the original Flashback x4 but I can't seem to be able to on the 2x4. Did they most regrettably get rid of this amazing feature with the new and improved model? Or is it user error and I'm doing it wrong?

read more...
    0 3
    • liquidhologram777
      WilliamR Hello, William from musictribe here. When we added the feature of adding a second storage bank, we had to sacrifice the loop delay switch and move the loop function to the selector knob to place the new bank switch in. This, unfortunately, sacrificed the ability to record the delay to a loop.
      • December 23, 2021
    • liquidhologram777
      liquidhologram777

Thank you for the fast response and solid logical/technical explanation William, I appreciate that. It may not seem like much but that's actually a BIG DEAL. In fact that's one of the key features that I selected the Flashback2x4 over many other delay looper pedals on the market. When I was doing research there are only a few videos out there for FB2x4 but several for the FBx4 showing people looping the delayed signal and everything out there made the 2x4 seem to be the same thing only with more features and more tone print slots, not less of anything not a single product video mentioned loosing any key features.... I don't want to have to only loop my bypassed signal I want to get a rhythm going with one of those beautiful bouncy delays in that giant box and loop it! If I cant do that it makes the looper mode useless to me as I still need another delay pedal in my chain ahead of it to not sound dry... that's kind of a design flaw and I may as well stick to using my computer for loops I was hoping this would allow me to loop without the computer and perform with only hardware If I had realized this I probably would have gone with the Flashback Triple Delay instead and just use a dedicated looper as I still need 2 pedals to be able to loop my delayed signal. I understand from a marketing standpoint you don't ever want to mention that the new version is missing something or has lost features, but I do feel that I was not presented with all the information I needed to make the most informed decision, so instead of feeling super satisfied with my purchase I am left feeling like I could have made a better choice, and at the end of the day may have purchased the more expensive model (better for you) and been super satisfied with it (better for me), with that said I still really like the pedal and I do think it sounds great, I like all the user presets and customizability, stereo and midi are all features I will use so its not like I have buyers remorse, I just wish it did the other thing I bought it to do. Just thought I would let you know my perspective to consider when making technical and design choices in the future also the biggest improvement any company can do to a looper is the ability to quantize loop start and stop to the tap tempo or external MIDI world clock so your loops perfectly sync with the DAW, synth, or rest of the bands loopers. If you could loop your delayed signal and have it locked in with other hardware/software in use this pedal would be ABSOULTLY PERFECT! I understand that's asking a lot and may not be possible for the size or without costing significantly more, but I don't think you will regret moving in that direction next. Thank you for your time and assistance.

• December 23, 2021
  • New
    edoates
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-01-02

Tyring to start thread with user suggestions for the Plethora X5...

1. Make the tone print loading process easier.

---it seems that you have to update the toneprints you find in the all toneprins list, and then SOME of them are now compatible with teh X5. TC should do those updates and place them in the X5 Toneprint list so we don't waste our time

---When many (most?) toneprints or just templates are loaded into the board itself, the various parameters don't stay fromt he template/toneprint, but are set to whatever the knobs are set to. SO swe have no idea what they are supposed to be. Example, I'm copied the parameters (at leas thte three I havd access to on the board) from the three band noise gate, and on two differnernt X5, the noise gate is completely different!!!! 

2. Use the APP to allow storage of my own toneprints across differnet X5s

---I have two X5s for different rigs and I want many of my default boards and effects to be the same. Seems to be no good way todo this in the app

---ideally, I should be able to backup and ENTIRE Plethora X5 and save it save it in the app, then restore it to another X5 in case of failure, whatever. 

3. Please write a compehensive manual, even if PDF only. Search wildly on Youtube to things you want to do is wasteful and almost never gives me what I want. See the Nove System and G-System comprehensive models for an example of useful manuals.

4. Integreate NovaDrive as the GSystem has done: it uses Midi in / out / through and treats the NovaDrive as just another effect. To me, the NovaDrive is the ideal overdrive/distortion pedal for a system like the X5.

read more...
    0 19
    • edoates
      CSurieux I don't think that there is still someone at TC working on this product, last firmware is quite 2 years old (even if they changed its file date, it is the same firmware).
      We have already requested many important fixes without any answer... good luck.
      • Jan 3
      • Plethora X5 Suggestions for TC
        CSurieux Incredible, the beast was not dead, new firmware 1.3.6 today, great features but still no global tempo or midi out RTM sync.
        • Jan 13
  • New
    GaryWorsham
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-01-07

By now everyone must know that the G-Major was an OK unit for the time with the exception of the rotary encoders.  I had one ten years ago and it started to get flaky so I sold it.  For some really odd reason I decided I wanted one again and I would resolve myself to deal with the encoder issue one way or the other.

I bought this on Reverb.  I asked the guy if the encoders worked OK.  "Everything works" he said.  Well, he lied.  But you know what?  I knew he was lying.  The probability of a G-Major with working encoders is just about zero at this point.

First off, the G-Major has 4 encoders.  2 are ALPS "ring" encoders and two are regular pot style rotary encoders.

I diassembled the unit, which isn't that hard, and took the front panel PCB off so I could work on it by itself.

I clipped off the encoders when they soldered to the boards then used my soldering iron with a manual solder sucker to clear the holes.  I lifted a trace on one hole connecting to the pull up resistor.  Fortunately I noticed it and was able to fix it with a short bit of solid hookup wire.

I got ten PCB mount encoders from Digi-Key for about $1.50 each before shipping and tax.

Bourns part

Then I cut a small piece of Vero board to mount the encoders to.  I ran wires through the existing holes for the center encoder and then slid the Vero down over those wires.  The encoders and wires solder to the top of the Vero.  I figured out where to run the wires so that the encoders adjust things the right way when you rotate CW and CCW.

I had a weird short when I reassembled the first time.  I was checking the encoder behavior frequently but somehow one of the lines got shorted to ground.  I removed and replaced the encoder and it worked.

Now, for sure it looks pretty bad compared to the original.  However, it actually works properly instead of flashing, doing nothing, skipping backwards, skipping over the setting you were trying to reach, etc. which is how it acted before this.

I would describe this as a reasonably advanced electronics tech project.  For me the biggest challenge is seeing things.  I use a magnifier headband thing which helps a bit.

read more...
    2 37
    • GaryWorsham
      GaryWorsham
      • Jan 7
    • GaryWorsham
      GaryWorsham
      • Jan 7
    • GaryWorsham
      GaryWorsham
      • Jan 7
    • GaryWorsham
      Paul_Vannatto That's a cool retro-fix project. Kudos. Now if you had a 3D printer, you could design and print the covers to make it a finished project.
      • Jan 8
      • Resurrecting the G-Major
        GaryWorsham Thanks. I did get a couple plastic knobs, sliced the skirts off with a dremel cutoff wheel, and they fit OK. Hopefully small rodents and insects will not take up residence inside the unit.
        • Jan 8