Statistics

285,084 members
166,987 posts
  • Gavrilovski
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-11

Hello! I hope you will read this message. Well, recently i bought TC Electronic Polytune 3 tuner. Needles to say, im blown away with it! It really is accurate, nice looking and so interesting! But let's move to the point of this message: i actually have just a little tiny problem with it. I cant tune my low E string preciselly, because whenever i hit the low E string alone, it automatically triggers the polytune mode instead of chromatic mode. So i need a solution. Now, i know TC guys are really proud of that polytune mode thingy, but i gotta admit i bought this tuner mostly because of accuracy and precision, so i dont even need the polytune mode. So this is my queation: is there a way to completely disable the polytuning mode, and if yes, can you explain me how? Thank you and have a nice time! ?

read more...
    0 159
    • Gavrilovski
      TC-Samuel

Hi @Gavrilovski 
      So happy you like it! Unfortunately, at this point it's not possible to disable the polytune functionality. It is harder for the algorithm to register the low notes and if your guitar has some fret buzz going or the strings are a bit tired it might trigger polytune mode. If it's only a problem with the E-string and you don't generally use the polytune functionality a quick fix could be to put it in drop d mode. You do that by long pressing the footswitch until the display reads drop d. Not the most elegant of solutions, but it might fix it. Let me know if it does the job.
      Cheers,
      Sam

• January 15, 2020
  • remuziq
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-11

I upgraded the firmware to the latest available (1.3 released in August 2017) and noticed a slilght improvement in performance but a new problem - drifting sync between loops. They don't sync properly as before. I had to stop using it and go back to my Boss RC50 even though I much prefer the sound of the Ditto. Has anyone else noticed this sync problem after upgrading? Is there a new firmware planned that addresses fixes this issue?

Thanks all!

read more...
    0 72
  • Georgeous
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-11

Installed tc2290 on Mac with OS Catalina. Install says successful & indeed the software shows up as expected. However, it says there is no hardware. I do have the hardware connected directly to the computer (not via a hub) and have swooped our TC’s cable for another cable known to be working. Extremely disappointed. Does anyone here have any ideas? It seems TC can’t be bothered to supply tech support, but hey I’ve earned a useless badge. Way to go TC ?? . Any help gratefully received!

read more...
    0 207
    • Georgeous
      TC-Claus

Hi Georgeous,

What DAW are You using ?

We have seen this issue in Ableton Live only.

All the best from

Claus

• January 12, 2020
    • Georgeous
      Georgeous

Hi Claus,

Thanks for the response. ?? I’m using Reaper 6. Since last posting I’ve tried uninstalling & reinstalling, no joy...s/ware can’t see the hardware. Hardware displays red dashes, no numbers & no response to any button pushing. I loved working with the original hardware version back in the day   ...ho hum...the price of progress...

At this point I’m prepared to cast Rune stones & throw wing of bat at it..perhaps you’ve got a better plan?

• January 13, 2020
    • Georgeous
      TC-Claus

Hi Georgeous,

I've tested and can replicate Your issue.

To solve it, install the non-Catalina version of Reaper

All the best from

Claus

• January 13, 2020
  • Zippy1
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-10

My ditto x4 Has started a looping problem the looper on the Right stays in time but the one on the left starts losing time after two or three loops I tried resetting and unplugging everything nothing seems to work has anybody had this problem before? do I need a new Looper?

read more...
    0 131
  • natc666
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-10

How do you get someone to answer a warranty service request? How long does it usually take? I barely used this amp (10 times) and it's fried already. And there seems to be no way to contact anyone. Is it just money "down the drain"?

0 143
    • natc666
      TCH-Rob

Hi @natc666 ,

Warranty service requests are done throught the "support" tab on this website (www.musictribe.com). Once you create a care ticket, it takes up to 48 hours for the team to get back to you. 

Hope this helps, let me know if you have further questions!  

• January 10, 2020
    • natc666
      natc666

@TCH-Rob I still haven't heard anything from anyone about this. Here's my ticket number Ticket Number: CAS-60643-W6D0Y7 . Can you help? Super frustrating 

• January 14, 2020
  • GilfalasOrcbane
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-10

I apologize if this is a stupid question, but I have just aquired a VL3 Extreme and I can't find the reference manual anywhere online.

All I can find is the Quick Start Guide as a download.

Could anybody please point me in the right direction?

Many thanks in advance!

read more...
    0 162
  • Zampaneze
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-10

Hello,

So I play in a 4 piece band. We used to use an analog mixer for gigs. We upgraded to the X18 for more inputs and the built in vocal effects. We use all powered speakers, subs and monitors. But I'm having issue routing inputs to specific outputs. I'm trying to set AUX 5 as my kick only (subwoofer) from input 4, and using AUX 6 as my bass only (subwoofer) from input 5. Inputs 1-3 are vocals so they will just go main L/R as well as channel 6&7 which are my guitars.

Also Im trying to set AUX 1-3 as monitor mixes, the only things I need there are vocals, but in the routing screen it seems I can only send 1 input to 1 aux output. So it seems I couldn't send channel 1-3 through AUX 1. Is this correct? If so could I put input 1-3 in a BUS and send that BUS to AUX 1 and so on and so forth?

read more...
    0 145
    • Zampaneze
      DaveMorrison

@Zampaneze 

It's all doable. For the direct sends just un-assign from the main LR bus. Sending signal to the aux outs is using the "send on fader" section. I'll post some screen shots.

• January 10, 2020
    • Zampaneze
      DaveMorrison

@Zampaneze 

Screen Shot 2020-01-10 at 12.07.51 PM.pngTo turn off a signal from the Main Bus (LR) deselect the LR button. You can find this a few places. One is under the Channel tab.

Screen Shot 2020-01-10 at 12.06.28 PM.png

To add signal to a bus (which would be assigned to an Aux out), Push, for example, the Bus1 button as shown. Now all the faders contribute only to that output. Push the Main LR button when your done. For your kick, just raise the fader for that channel only on the out put you want.

If you any more questions, just ask.

• January 10, 2020
    • Zampaneze
      DaveMorrison

@Zampaneze 

After re-reading your post, I realized you were doing direct routing of the bass and kick. You can do that and that bypasses  the processing of the mixer by default. If you want EQ, Dynamics, or Level control, choose the tap point (in the routing section) to something like post fader + mute or use one of the busses.

You can upload you scene, if you need more help.

Here are (older) instructions for saving/uploading a scene. https://behringerwiki.musictribe.com/index.php?title=Uploading_files_to_the_forum
      Upload by Choose File at the bottom of the window. 

• January 10, 2020
    • Zampaneze
      Zampaneze

@DaveMorrison 

I've seen in a bunch or tutorials and forums if I'm using the Aux sends for subwoofers choose "post fader" which is how I believe I have for both of them already, seeing I set the EQs. I'm sorry I also don't have access to my X18 at the moment. It's in our studio and I'm at work. But we're in there very little due to a busy show schedule and I'm trying to learn in between sessions in there.

• January 10, 2020
    • Zampaneze
      DaveMorrison

@Zampaneze 

I think you are on the right path. If you are runnig a single wedge and single output to the subs, Use Bus 1/Aux out 1 for the wedge and Bus 2/Aux out 2 for the Subs. I'd probably run the wedge pre-fader and the subs as post fader (select a channel and look at the sends tab)

• January 10, 2020
  • Caught exception: Specified column "user_id" is not in the row
  • xoxe2
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-10

I would like to know since I cannot find the reason for this, why does the UMC404HD incorporate a 5V DC input if it is powered by the USB bus.
    • Free the USB bus from power?
    • Does it help you maintain that power?
    • Is it convenient to always have the power supply when using it?
    I have verified that without plugging in the power the bus feeds the Phantom without problems using a condenser microphone and a guitar.
    Greetings.

read more...
    0 155
    • xoxe2
      KenMitchell

Hi Jose ( @xoxe2 ), 

Welcome to the community.   Since I don't have access to the schematics I can't confirm this but my guess is that the max current draw with all four pre-amps at max gain, all four microphones using phantom power, and all outputs being used, exceeds 500mA or 2.5W which is the max for USB 2.0. 

I've successfully used the interface for recording with a pair of stereo condenser mics without the external power supply without issue but I've never tried it with four mics. 

Ken

• January 10, 2020
  • obiwan2k2
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-09

When I first connected T2 into usb in the win7, it reconized them after automatic driver update and toneprint got the serial number, etc. but after disconected them, the pedal stop process all sounds effects. none sound when trigger on. Anyone knows if its possible to accidentaly clear the flash?Can i do if a upgrade de firmware of T2 reverb? I cant found the program to update or firmware.

read more...
    0 97
    • obiwan2k2
      TC-Marcus

Hey obiwan2k2!

Sorry to hear that!

To verify that the pedal isn't bricked please try this

1. Unplug power to pedal

2. Insert USB cable between pedal and your pc (or mac)

3. Hold down footswitch (keep holding it)

4. Power on pedal (while still holding down footswitch)

What happens?

If the LED turns green it means the pedal is in boot mode and is ready to be firmware updated. 
      If no light turns on something is wrong. 

Please let me know what result you get such that I can better help you further

• April 29, 2020
Go to page