Statistics

305,516 members
189,825 posts
  • RussellSides
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-19

I build my shows in X32 edit. I am using version 4 with a X32 Rack on Firmware 4. Show export and import works correctly out of X32 edit v4 to the X32 Rack Firmware 4. The issue is importing back into X32 edit, the snippets load in the wrong slot breaking the Cue stack.  You can export then import straight back in and it is still broken. Please Fix! 

My work around is to have X32 edit 3.2 and 4 on the computer. Import into 4, then open 3.2 import JUST SNIPPETS, then close 3.2 and finish in 4.  

read more...
    1 750
    • RussellSides
      Paul_Vannatto

Thanks for reporting this Russell @RussellSides. We will have a look and find out what has changed.

• November 19, 2019
    • RussellSides
      RussellSides

HOW IS THIS NOT FIXED IN 4.1!!!!!

• December 8, 2019
    • RussellSides
      BenjaminFarmer

Snippet Copy and/or Paste is also broken.

Select Snippet #1 and press Copy then select #10 and hit Paste and it doesn't copy.  When I export then look at the .SNP it's empty.

• January 11, 2020
    • RussellSides
      Paul_Vannatto

@BenjaminFarmer wrote:

Snippet Copy and/or Paste is also broken.

Select Snippet #1 and press Copy then select #10 and hit Paste and it doesn't copy.  When I export then look at the .SNP it's empty.

Thanks Benjamin. I've added this to the bug tracker.

• January 13, 2020
    • RussellSides
      Nano

I too just expirienced this issue, I use the x32 (console, rack etc) for a couple musicals each year, and create my "show" in X-EDIT. Using snippets to create mutes and fader positions, then run through them using cues. After hours and hours of trying to figure it out, I was only able to figure out that it seems to be an X-EDIT issue, creating snippets using the x32 interface works fine, importing  and exporting the show file to and from the USB. When importing the show file into X-EDIT, the snippets load..one position off...shifting everything up..if you then export back to USB or any drive for that matter, the snippet files are incorrect. When opening the .snp files you'll notice the last one on the list's data keeps overwriting the previous one. Hoping for a fix soon.

• February 24, 2020
  • Wouter
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-19

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with my tc-electronics Sub n' Up. The pedal works great, but I can't beam toneprint stuff to my pedal. I have tried all the pickups on my strat, turned my phone up loud, and I do get some flashing from the pedal. But the effect signal does not change. My phone is a Pocophone F1. Hope someone can help! thanks in advance.

read more...
    0 275
    • Wouter
      macfilipe

Hi,

When beaming, do you get the green confirmation flashes at the end of the process?

If you don't get the confirmation flashes, what's your signal chain from guitar to the pedal? Do you have any other active pedals / preamp between the guitar and the Sub n'Up?

If you do get the confirmation flashes, have you set the little toggle switch on the Sub n'Up to the middle position?

These bits of info might help us find out what's going on...

• November 19, 2019
    • Wouter
      Wouter

Hi,

Well now that I think about it the flashes might be red? Going to check tonight because I'm not sure. But I'm sure that I do get flashes. My signal is great (isolated power and good cables). It doesn't matter if I use the sub'n 'up solo or in a chain on my pedalboard, the beaming feature does not work either way. I do indeed have it switched in the middle position. I've read that it might have to do with the speakers of certain phones? That the speakers must be magnetic or something? i wouldn't know if this is the case for me, but im gonna test it with a friends phone soon. Logic would say that red means wrong (red flashes), which would mean that the signal the pedal is recieving isn't sufficient. So it probably is going to be my phone that is the problem, knowing that it can't be my guitar and/or signal. We shall see. Thanks for your response!

• November 19, 2019
    • Wouter
      TC-Mike

hi Wouter, you can also use an audio cable (mini jack to 6,3 mm jack) to beam the toneprints to your pedal and transfer toneprints via USB instead, it it turns out to be the phone speaker.

• November 19, 2019
  • sounddesigner
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-19

For instance, I'd like to have a monitor on stage have a mixbus assigned for instruments and another separate mixbus assigned for vocals for the same monitor.

However, when I am exploring routing options, it appears it is about assigning an output to a mixbus and not the other way around (it seems I can only have one mixbus per output). 

Am I overlooking something obvious or am I looking in the wrong place for this?

read more...
    0 142
    • sounddesigner
      Paul_Vannatto

@sounddesigner wrote:

For instance, I'd like to have a monitor on stage have a mixbus assigned for instruments and another separate mixbus assigned for vocals for the same monitor.

Send the desired mixbuses to a matrix. Then assign that matrix to an output. Mixbuses mix channel signals. Matrixes mix mixbus signals.

• November 18, 2019
    • sounddesigner
      RexBeckett

@sounddesigner 

Hello Joey,

The answer depends on which mixer you are using. On an X32, you can mix multiple mixbuses using a matrix bus. On an XAir mixer, you cannot do this.

Ahah - Paul beat me to it. 

• November 18, 2019
  • devontodetroit
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-19

Hello everyone,

Just got an Odyssey and plugged it in and it is making a constant pulsing noise which seems to be the LFO (Noise will speed up and down if I turn up the LFO freq)

Obviously this renders the synth unplayable, Have I got a faulty device?

Thanks for any help, I'm pretty gutted here

read more...
    0 479
    • devontodetroit
      microbug

Sounds like the classic Ody problem: VCA Gain lever fully on? Turn it down, does the sound stop?

• November 19, 2019
    • devontodetroit
      devontodetroit

Yes the VCA gain makes it stop but then the other osc are turned down also?

Do I need to send the unit back? Thanks for respoding to me

• November 19, 2019
    • devontodetroit
      Talos

Now turn up the VCA envelope slider 

• November 20, 2019
  • marabiad
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-19

Hello, my new Crave starts to sound immediately when switch on. How can I restart it? Thanks

0 260
    • marabiad
      microbug

1. Read the manual please

2. set the VCA mode switch to ENV

does that shut the sound up?

• November 18, 2019
  • BradIsbell
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-11-18

Please remove the limitation of X32 Edit that prevents entering of an arbitrary hostname.

On my network, it's convenient to have hostnames for various devices, including my mixers.  However, X32 Edit assumes that we only want to enter IP addresses and actively prevents me from entering any characters otherwise.

Additionally, it would be helpful if X32 Edit support command line parameters, so that a simple shortcut could be made to connect to a mixer and sync immediately on load.

x32-edit-address-limitation.png

read more...
    1 294
  • Dirk-Klein
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-18

A very nice Video...

https://youtu.be/FeEzW3X85-E

i love it!

0 244
    • Dirk-Klein
      GaryHiggins

@Dirk-Klein That link gives an error?...a different address perhaps?

• November 18, 2019
    • Dirk-Klein
      Dirk-Klein

For me (in Germany) the link works!
      Then please look for yourself on Youtube, "Sweetwater Behringer Wing" ...

• November 18, 2019
  • RossMiller
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-18

Hi gang,

I have found what I think is a bug in the MacOS software . I will try to explain what I see

In the effects slots, when linking A & B in a stereo EQ. It links fine with whatever side you are on taking presidence. But if I load a new scene (which did not have this function activated) It actually stays turned on thereby unintentionally overriding one side of the eq. 

This should be a function stored in each individual scene. It is a function buried way to deep. Otherwise before you change a scene you would have to got each EQ you are using, and make sure it is turned off. 

Although Randomly changing EQ curves on monitors is exciting

Hope this makes sense

read more...
    0 105
  • wave64
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-18

Hi guys. Purchased our VoiceLive 3 Extreme back in March, and when we first turned it on, all the voice preset effects (1-82) were showing and working fine. I could see and scroll through the whole list. But, all of a sudden one day, the device stopped showing effects 1-55: All I can see and scroll through is 56 (Puppet Master) and onward through 82 (Rocket Man) but nothing before that. I got the latest firmware and updates after installing VoiceSupport 2 and connecting it. However, this did not resolve the issue. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions for something we could try that might remedy this? Is this an issue that perhaps you have seen before? Let me know please. Thank you...

read more...
    0 205
    • wave64
      PetGerbil

Sounds like a "favorites" Issue.

If you tap the Green "Genre" button, use the big knob to change the setting to "All" Then press "Genre" again to exit. Does that fix it. ?

(Pg 46 of the manual.)

• November 19, 2019
  • d6_bass
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-11-18

I'm looking at speccing up an IEM rig for my band.

There are 9 of us, will an x32 rack give us enough room to drive stereo mixes for all of us? If it  helps, the 4 horn players are not averse to sharing a mix.

0 175
    • d6_bass
      GaryHiggins

With horns sharing 1 stereo mix, you will be ok, 6 stereo mixbuses are ok. 18 (9x2) wont fly

• November 18, 2019
    • d6_bass
      MusicallySavage

Hmmm

I use IEM's differently. I send FOH down one channel and give everyone their own instrument or preferences in the other. They blend their own balance. That way I only need one more send than musician.

• November 29, 2019
Go to page