Statistics

305,510 members
189,819 posts
  • Eduard
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-17

Some scenes from my M32R were deleted. Is it possible to restore them back?

0 184
    • Eduard
      GaryHiggins

@Eduard If they were truely deleted, they are gone for good afaik. Is it possible they are on a usb drive in a different folder? Or stored on your computer? Sorry if they are gone.

• November 18, 2019
    • Eduard
      adam_nowak

Sorry to hear that ... but deleted is deleted

FW update can cause data loss
      From version 4.00 there is a backup function available on the setup page
      It will ask to backup when you will do the next update, so this should not happen anymore from now on, unless you dont read the warnings ...

Do a backup regularly, and backup the backups on different devices

Best regards

• November 27, 2019
  • PatrickGMaillot
    Valued Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-17
    Maybe an answer here (or at least a starting point): https://youtu.be/7GgKUE7CIrE Any interest for this?
    1 340
    • PatrickGMaillot
      OwenDenham

Damn, this guy is an absolute legend

• November 17, 2019
    • PatrickGMaillot
      -mjk- If only the USB stick would record in 24 bits! Yes, this would be the ultimate, standalone Portastudio with (assuming it's feasible) the full automation capability of X32ReaperAutoMate! Isn't the whole point of the X-Live card to eliminate the need to connect a computer for DAW recording? If the USB stick recorded in 24 bits, one wouldn't need the DAW at all (unless turd polishing). Sorry to complain so much, but it's frustrating to be limited by 20th century standards.
      • November 17, 2019
    • PatrickGMaillot
      -mjk-

@PatrickGMaillot wrote:

Maybe an answer here (or at least a starting point): https://youtu.be/7GgKUE7CIrE Any interest for this?

I have an additional question Patrick: Does OSC offer any useful kind of control of the recorder functions (perhaps not normally available on the UI)? If it would record track-by-track instead of blocks, it would operate like a 32 track digital tape machine.
      • November 17, 2019
    • PatrickGMaillot
      PatrickGMaillot Hello, Hummm... without heavy tweaking routing I don't think it's possible. There are no (that I know of) OSC functions to manipulate the data track per track. Especially with the format (not complaining about this, it was chosen for good reasons) used in the multitrack wave files. -Patrick
      • November 18, 2019
    • PatrickGMaillot
      -mjk- So the question is: Do any standalone hardware multitrack recorders support OSC?
      • November 19, 2019
  • PatrickGMaillot
    Valued Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-17
    0 133
  • SamuelLaurenti
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-17

I have a x32 compact I need to personalize the banks by choosing what to do on each fader by saving the scenes without ever touching the settings like gain and send. it's possible?

0 896
    • SamuelLaurenti
      RexBeckett

@SamuelLaurenti 

Hello Samuel, welcome to the community.

I'm not sure I quite understand what you want to achieve. You can save parts of a channel settings as a preset. When this is recalled, only the saved parts overwrite the existing settings. You can also recall (load) scenes and limit the settings that are overwritten using Scene Safes. Each saved scene can have its own set of Scene Safes. The X32 also supports partial scenes - Snippets - which can contain only those settings that you want changed. 

If this is not what you want to do, please explain a little more.

• November 17, 2019
    • SamuelLaurenti
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi @SamuelLaurenti 

If you are meaning that you want the channel sends and sources to stay with the rest of the channel settings when you move them around, there is only one way that I know of to do that. 

* Export your scene to a file

* Load that scene file into X32 Scene Parser

* Select the Surface Input filters (eg. Ch 1-8, 9-16, etc.)

* Click on the Ch Arranger button (in the middle, bottom). This will bring you to the Channel Arranger screen.

* Rearrange the channels to your needs by dragging them left or right.

* Adjust the range of the channels you want changed (First Chan, Last Chan)

* Select the Include Ch Source

* Click on the Transfer button. This will parse out the required OSC commands and change the channel designations and place the results in the Results editor. 

* Examine the resulting OSC commands and tweak it if needed.

* When it is as desired, choose the destination and then click on the Output button. This will create a snippet that can be imported into the console or the X32-Edit and will only change those channels in the snippet.

• November 17, 2019
    • SamuelLaurenti
      SamuelLaurenti

in practice I need to have a master scene with all the microphones and levels, then changing the scene I need to have the channels used in that scene on the first desk in order to have the second desk free for aux and effects

• November 17, 2019
    • SamuelLaurenti
      Paul_Vannatto

@SamuelLaurenti wrote:

in practice I need to have a master scene with all the microphones and levels, then changing the scene I need to have the channels used in that scene on the first desk in order to have the second desk free for aux and effects

By "desk" are you referring to the channel bank layers?

• November 17, 2019
    • SamuelLaurenti
      SamuelLaurenti

yes

• November 17, 2019
  • ChrisTaylor
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-17

Hi,

I have to admit that this is a bit of a strange one but...

I have bought an AXE FXiii (which I love) but am struggling to find a foot controller that I like. All I want to be able to do is scroll through presets and then select scenes, as well as activate the tuner. That is all that I need to be able to do. For that reason, I just cannot justify the costs of the dedicated Fractal foot controllers. I have tried a Voodoo Lab Ground Control, but just couldn't get it to work and now have a Voes MX-12, which works OK but is a little 'clunky'. Suddenly, it occurred to me that I have a TC Electronics G-system languishing under the stairs. Although not without its problems, I always loved the feel of the G-system, with its soft footswitching and huge LEDs. That made me wonder if it was possible to use the G-system MIDI out to control the AXE FXiii. I know it seems a little excessive but, on the other hand, it seems impossible to sell the G-system at the moment so, rather than it just gathering dust....

Any thoughts/comments gratefully received. Thanks

read more...
    0 125
    • ChrisTaylor
      TC-Mike

G-system can do custom mapping of MIDI prg changes sent out with each of the G-system presets, so you could use it for that plus Encoder A,B;C can also be assigned to send out Midi CCs 

Best,

Mike

• November 17, 2019
  • javi_bassist
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-17

Hello,

I've just bought three days ago a TC Electronic Polytune 3 Noir mini and the screen has broken. Do you know how could I replace it?

Polytune 3_.jpg

read more...
    0 500
    • javi_bassist
      TC-Lars

Hi Javi.

Are you sure that it's broken?
      Try to remove the protective plastic film and see what it looks like.

To me it looks like the protective film simply has a few scratches. 
      Or do you mean that the diodes are not lighting up?

Kind Regards,
      Lars

• November 19, 2019
  • GaryHiggins
    Superhero - Level 1
    2019-11-17

While looking about the user in/out options for use in the 'card out' column, It almost looks to me like the ability to overdub or replace tracks with the X-Live card might be an unintended (or maybe intended) perk with the new 4.0 firmware? See the attached user out patch. Does this not make that user bank of 8 card outs only actually replace local track 6? Card out 1-8 has user outputs 1-8 which is setup for card playback tracks 1-5, 7 and 8 and local input ch 6 as the assignment. Wouldn't this replace 1-5,7 and 8 with a copy of themselves adding (replacing) only the material on local input 6 to track 6?Screen Shot 2019-11-17 at 6.44.18 AM.png

read more...
    0 331
    • GaryHiggins
      RexBeckett

@GaryHiggins 

You're right, Gary, it looks as though it could work. I'm sure you'll find the time to give it a whirl...

• November 16, 2019
    • GaryHiggins
      OliverStein

It will not work! You can't playback from the card while you record. When you hit record every time a new session will be created.

• November 17, 2019
    • GaryHiggins
      GaryHiggins

@OliverStein  Thanks. Yup, I was able to give it a shot and it appears to be a no go. Too good to be true and a big case of wishful thinking I guess! You can seperate the USB card playback and the SD section record (or the reverse) but not SD play and SD record within itself. It's one or the other, once in record as you said it's a new session overwritting all tracks not selective tracks, routing be damned. I guess it's back to the old SD to DAW and DAW to SD with track replacement for me. A tad more tedious but not a total deal breaker.

• November 17, 2019
  • Nog
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-17

Hi, I am posting to help others with looping in serial mode. Info which I think is missing in the user manual. Serial mode is likely to be used for recording a verse in one loop and a chorus in the second loop. The process I initially used for doing this was:-1. Press loop 1 button - Record verse loop in loop 1 slot. Press loop 1 button again. Loop 1 will automatically play. 2. Press loop 2 button (arms loop 2 record). At the end of loop 1 cycle record chorus into loop 2. At the end of recording chorus press loop 2 button to end recording. Chorus would then automatically play. In a live situation you would be then playing the chorus twice in a row (not usually good). Instead of pressing the loop 2 button to end the chorus recording, press the loop 1 button. This will take you straight into the verse, which is much more useful in a live situation. Hope this helps.

read more...
    1 201
  • trunkfunk
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-16

I'm confused how the Slew rate limiter works or if it's working correctly. In theory, adding a slew rate limit to a square wave can turn it into a triangle wave. If I try that as a simple patch OSC 1 (w/ square wave) into SLEW IN and SLEW OUT into DELAY IN, the slightest turn on the knob kills the sound.

Now, the manual says the slew rate controls is from 1ms to 3s.  So maybe that explans it.  Makes it seem like not the best for audio ranges?  If this is the case, then what is a good way to use this?

read more...
    0 684
    • trunkfunk
      TC-Mike

Think of slew function rather as a lag processor/signal smoother that is most commonly used eg for playing gliding pitches (glide time /portamento ) when playing overlapping notes, so instead of of the CV for pitch changes to new value it takes the slew time to reach new parameter value. it can also be used to turn a Gate signal into a very simple envelope.

slew limiter.png

• November 17, 2019
  • wclangenberg
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-16

Just wondering if anybody else has had issues with the transpose switch on the Odyssey?  Mine works in the upper and middle position, but there is no difference between middle and lower positions.  Not sure if this is user error or if the switch is faulty.  It worked when I first got it, then intermittently and now not at all.  Thanks 

read more...
    0 136
Go to page