Statistics

305,248 members
189,524 posts
  • nielsvanleeuwen
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-13

Dear all, I've seen multiple messages about driver error with Behringer X-touch when connecting USB to PC/laptop. It sais "driver error". Is there a solution for this issue? Thankx, Niels

0 257
    • nielsvanleeuwen
      KenMitchell

Hi Niels ( @nielsvanleeuwen ), 

Welcome to the community.  Do you happen to be using an AMD Ryzen based system.  There's been smoe reported problems with that platform.  Not long ago a community member posted a solution that he found.  I seem to recall he had to go into the BIOS and make a settings change regarding USB and "handoff" of some kind, but I don't remember the details. 

If it is a Ryzen, you may want to search the forums to find that fix. 

Hope this helps, 

Ken

• November 13, 2019
  • jsmalbro
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-13

Hi!

Can I download an earlier version of the Toneprint Editor anywhere? 

My MacBook Pro is too old o run the current version. I have two specific sounds that I would like my Quintessence to make, and I haven't been able to find them anywhere.

Best regards

Jesper

read more...
    0 143
    • jsmalbro
      TC-Mike

hi, there are no older vesions of the editor available and Quintessence needs at least version 4.xx to run as earlier versions had no support for the pedal. 

You can also use Android, iOS version or PC version of the editor as a workaround....

Best regards,

Mike

• November 13, 2019
  • jdrukman
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-12

Just got the Pro-1 and it sounds amazing. I would like to sync its internal sequencer with some MIDI gear, and it does respond to clock, which is great, but it doesn't seem to respond to stop/start, which makes it nearly useless, because there's no way to get the sequence to line up perfectly with another device. If I hit play on my Electribe, it triggers my other pattern based gear to start playing, but the Pro-1 is free-running, so the beats don't line up perfectly. I have to flip the sequencer on/off switch on the Pro-1 and even then it's nearly impossible to get it bang on the money. Am I missing something?

read more...
    0 245
    • jdrukman
      Herr_Satz

From what i see after a few hours, you can sync the internal arp only using an external CV signal clock

• December 25, 2019
  • DennisMilsom
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-12

It neither finds the xr in search nor connects via IP's ending in .0 thru .4 External router is seen by iPhone and is working..XR is in DHCP mode under the LAN tab

Not sure what else I can do??

0 643
    • DennisMilsom
      KenMitchell

Hi @DennisMilsom , 

If you log into your external router there should be a page that will show you the connected devices and what IP address they've been assigned.  That is the address you want to use.  I can't explain why it isn't being found by a scan. 

Ken

• November 12, 2019
    • DennisMilsom
      RexBeckett

@DennisMilsom 

An external router normally acts as a DHCP server so it issues IP addresses to all connected devices. The range of addresses it will issue are usually controlled by settings on one of its web server pages. Typical ranges are: 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.99 or sometimes 192.168.1.100 to 192.168.1.199 but there are many other possibilities. The router will also have its own IP address which is what your browser should open to view the settings. This could be 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.254 etc and is often shown on a label on the router. This address must be outside the range used by the DHCP server.

One thing you can do to make finding your mixer easier is to give it a fixed Static IP address. This should be outside the range used by the DHCP server and not one used by the router for its own control (some routers reserve more than one address for their own use). 

For example: If the router's IP address is 192.168.1.1 and the DHCP range is 192.168.1.100 to 192.168.1.199, you could set the XR's static address to 192.168.1.16 - easy to remember and enter if necessary.

XR16 Static.PNG

There is another potential benefit to running a static IP address on the mixer. If the router failed, you could connect a PC with a direct Ethernet cable, set the PC to use an appropriate fixed IP address (say 192.168.1.10) and get control without the need to change anything in the mixer settings.

When using an external router, I recommend turning it on and leaving enough time for it to complete its startup before switching on or connecting the mixer. Thirty seconds is usually enough - or when its LED indicators show it is ready. If the mixer tries to connect before the router is ready, it will sometime self-assign its IP address - usually something weird - and then not be reachable through the router. Changing the network mode switch for ten seconds should cause it to request, and be granted, a new IP address.

• November 12, 2019
    • DennisMilsom
      DennisMilsom

@RexBeckettHi Rex, tyring to get this setup  for a gig on Staurday so it's up early for me to try and get it sorted haha! It's 12.30 am here at the mo!

OK so according to the router webpage setup program, the routers' IP is 192.168.0.1 so would that mean I could set the Static of the XR to 192.168.1.1 (which IIRC is the factory default?)

I cannot find anywhere on the router page where it lists a range of IP addresses? Although I could be missing it as it's under some wierd name??

Dennis

• November 12, 2019
    • DennisMilsom
      RexBeckett

@DennisMilsom wrote:

@RexBeckettHi Rex, tyring to get this setup  for a gig on Staurday so it's up early for me to try and get it sorted haha! It's 12.30 am here at the mo!

OK so according to the router webpage setup program, the routers' IP is 192.168.0.1 so would that mean I could set the Static of the XR to 192.168.1.1 (which IIRC is the factory default?)

I cannot find anywhere on the router page where it lists a range of IP addresses? Although I could be missing it as it's under some wierd name??

Dennis

@DennisMilsom 

Good morning, Dennis.

Normally you want the XR16 to have an address in the same subnet as the router. So that means it should be 192.168.0.x I would try using 192.168.0.16. If that doesn't work try 192.168.0.116 or 192.168.0.216.

• November 12, 2019
    • DennisMilsom
      DennisMilsom

@RexBeckett  Sorry Rex, none of that worked. And further even the search function in Mixing Station does nothing! It just sits there with Searching.... at the top of the page.

• November 13, 2019
  • DennisMilsom
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-12

@RexBeckett  Hi Rex, still having issues with this ethernet!

Trying to connect up to my laptop (windows 10) which only sees it as ["Unidentified Network" No Internet access]

Tried the windows diagnostic and tries to fix something, not sure what, but the ethernet is still not working as the X Air app can not connect...it is set to DCHP as instructed on a previous thread.

Any ideas?

read more...
    1 224
    • DennisMilsom
      RexBeckett

@DennisMilsom 

"Unidentified Network" No Internet access flagged on a Wifi network is not a problem as long as your PC stays connected to it. Unfortunately PCs will often drop the Wifi connection in favour of one that does have a path to the Internet and is set to connect automatically. Sometimes it is necessary to turn off the connect automatically option for your home Wifi router.

What make/model of router are you using?  

• November 12, 2019
    • DennisMilsom
      DennisMilsom

@RexBeckettits an Intel Gigabit 82579LM on the laptop...an intersting thing I found ws that when connected via wi-fi the address is 192.162.1.1 but when the ethernet (from the XR) is connected that connection shows the address as 192.162.1.2 and windows keeps saying no default gateway available...I wonder if the change in the address could be the culprit?

• November 12, 2019
    • DennisMilsom
      RexBeckett

@DennisMilsom wrote:

@RexBeckettits an Intel Gigabit 82579LM on the laptop...an intersting thing I found ws that when connected via wi-fi the address is 192.162.1.1 but when the ethernet (from the XR) is connected that connection shows the address as 192.162.1.2 and windows keeps saying no default gateway available...I wonder if the change in the address could be the culprit?

@DennisMilsom 

Are you connecting the Ethernet directly between the PC and the XR16 - i.e. without using a router? If so, you should set the XR16 network to be a DHCP Server like this:

XR16 Server.PNG

• November 12, 2019
    • DennisMilsom
      DennisMilsom

@RexBeckett  yay! That was it...thx again Rex! Reason I am looking at this is even at home here, the internal router on the XR dropped out, three times actually. So now I am convinced hahaha! It's an external router for sure! Short term I'll try and get the netgear one up and running, but I am now looking at a couple of dual band ones - these ones looked ok (I think???)  TP Link  and this one Aiport Express 

• November 12, 2019
    • DennisMilsom
      RexBeckett

@DennisMilsom wrote:

@RexBeckett  yay! That was it...thx again Rex! Reason I am looking at this is even at home here, the internal router on the XR dropped out, three times actually. So now I am convinced hahaha! It's an external router for sure! Short term I'll try and get the netgear one up and running, but I am now looking at a couple of dual band ones - these ones looked ok (I think???)  TP Link  and this one Aiport Express 

@DennisMilsom 

I've used that TP-Link unit. It works well for short range. External antennas are better for longer range. I also prefer a router with at least two LAN sockets so I can connect a wired Ethernet in emergencies.

I don't recommend the Airport Express - several people have had problems using them with XR mixers. It also only supports 2.4GHz Wifi.

• November 12, 2019
  • digitalfade
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-12

I wanted to post this link over on the Behringer tribe. Anyone have the QX1002USB that might have some advanced knowlege of the PAN on the the Stero inputs. 3/4 , 5/6, 7/8. Does it PAN the input or will it take both the L/R channels and PAN them to the MAIN MIX left side if you only have the LEFT SIDE of the MAIN connected.

read more...
    0 119
    • digitalfade
      RexBeckett

@digitalfade 

The stereo input Balance controls will not convert a stereo signal to mono. When set to centre, the left side of the input is sent to the left mix bus and the right side of the input is sent to the right mix bus. When turned fully clockwise, the right side of the input signal is boosted by 3dB and sent to the right mix bus and the left side input signal is cut off. The converse is true when the balance control is turned fully anticlockwise.

• November 12, 2019
  • nimasan
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-12

Hi there,

I'm currently using TC Helicon's Harmony M with my midi keyboard.

I need the presets/steps features that VoiceLive 3 is offering so I want to switch to that product.

However, it is being advertised/promoted as a voice/guitar effects product and I'm not planning on using it with a guitar but with a midi keyboard instead.

I want to sing, play some chords on my midi keyboard and I want VoiceLive 3 to be able to translate those keyboard chords into harmonies for example.

Is this possible or will I have problems with it?

Is VoiceLive 2 Touch better for me maybe? However, I noticed that VoiceLive 2 Touch does not have "steps" but only "presets". I don't want to have to create 5 presets for a single song. I want one single song-preset containing a bunch of steps inside (verse, chorus, bridge etc..)

Thanks in advance for your help!

read more...
    0 1,015
    • nimasan
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @nimasan,
      VoiceLive 3 is advertised as a vocal and guitar processor because in addition to our suite of vocal effects it also has a bunch of guitar effects, but you can absolutely use it with a keyboard instead.  You can either use just the MIDI output from your keyboard to guide harmony voices, or use the audio output of your keyboard (if it has any) and apply the guitars effects to it, or even use a combination of the two.  So yeah what you're asking is totally possible, Gavin Castleton has a really good video on the topic here.

As for VoiceLive Touch 2, it can work well with a keyboard as well but I wouldn't say it's better for you.  Like you've noted, the Touch 2 doesn't have the ability to create Steps so you'd be working with neighbouring presets instead.  The biggest benefit that Touch 2 has over VoiceLive 3 - aside from being mountable on a mic stand - is its 6-track looper, VoiceLive 3's looper only has 3 tracks.

Hopefully that's helpful, let me know if you have any more questions.  Cheers!

• November 14, 2019
  • DennisMilsom
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-12

Thanks I.A.

0 106
    • DennisMilsom
      CraigFowler

Below the compressor threshold graph on the Windows app.  Failing that, select the channel, go to the Mains tab.

• November 12, 2019
  • DennisMilsom
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-12

I am considering doing a lot of setup work for the XR16 at home in the studio on my PC (Windows 10)  - however I need to ask if anyone knows if these setups can actually be transferred to the controlling app on my iPhone (or indeed an Android - Galaxy 7") ....not much point if I cannot somehow get them transferred over.

Pity the XR has no way of saving scenes/setups to say a USB device that it can read and load from! Regardless of the controlling device.

read more...
    0 141
    • DennisMilsom
      RexBeckett

@DennisMilsom 

The tablet apps use different file formats to the PC ones so direct transfer is not possible.

What you can do is to save each of your configurations on the PC as a scene file. Then, when you have the XR16 available, load each scene and save it as a Snapshot. Snapshots are stored as internal files in the mixer. Most (if not all) apps can load snapshots - and it is almost instant. You could, if you wish, save the loaded snapshot as a local scene file using the tablet/phone app.

• November 12, 2019
    • DennisMilsom
      DennisMilsom

@RexBeckettcool thx, although that somewhat confuses me hahaha! I have read elsewhere that the onyl thing stored to the XR is the latest setup, I was not aware it could save anything else (to the XR itself I mean).

I am still unclear as to the exact methodology here...So I create the setup on the PC, then when the PC is connected to the XR load that setup THEN save it as a scene...but where do I save the scene? Does that scene somehow get saved inside the XR?

So I assume if that is the case then either the iPhone or Android app can then select a scene at a gig and I can thenm tweak it live, as it were.

Sorry for the confusion at my end, it's all a bit new at the mo hahaha!

• November 12, 2019
    • DennisMilsom
      RexBeckett

@DennisMilsom wrote:

@RexBeckettcool thx, although that somewhat confuses me hahaha! I have read elsewhere that the onyl thing stored to the XR is the latest setup, I was not aware it could save anything else (to the XR itself I mean).

I am still unclear as to the exact methodology here...So I create the setup on the PC, then when the PC is connected to the XR load that setup THEN save it as a scene...but where do I save the scene? Does that scene somehow get saved inside the XR?

So I assume if that is the case then either the iPhone or Android app can then select a scene at a gig and I can thenm tweak it live, as it were.

Sorry for the confusion at my end, it's all a bit new at the mo hahaha!

@DennisMilsom 

All the XR and MR mixers can store upto 64 internal Snapshots. They are similar to scenes but, as they are stored in the mixer, they load almost instantly. They can also be loaded (and saved) by any connected app on a PC/tablet/phone. They are arranged in numbered slots 0-63 but can also have a name. When XAir Edit is connected to the mixer, the snapshot controls will appear under the top, right buttons.

Scenes and snapshots save almost all mixer configuration settings - apart from a few global things like network settings. Unlike snapshots, scenes are stored on the controlling device (PC/tablet/phone). So they can be saved and loaded by their apps even when not connected to the mixer. Each type of app stored scenes in a different format - sometimes in folders called Shows. So they are specific to the app that saved them.

You can have different controlling devices connected to the mixer at the same time. So if you load a scene using one app, the mixer takes on these settings. Then you can save the settings to a scene with a different app on another device and thus transfer the settings.

I save all my XR mixer settings as snapshots on the mixers. I also save copies of them as scenes on a PC and one or more Android tablets (running Mixing Station XAir Pro). This gives me the ability to load the snapshots using any control device and, as you say, make any adjustments and save the modified snapshot. If one of my mixers died, I could use the saved scenes on my PC or tablet to load on a replacement mixer and resave the snapshots. 

• November 12, 2019
    • DennisMilsom
      DennisMilsom

@RexBeckettcooly cool! That is the way I will go too. That's exactly how I was envisaging using it!

• November 12, 2019
    • DennisMilsom
      DennisMilsom

@RexBeckettis it also true that I can select any of these snapshots via MIDI?

• November 12, 2019
  • DennisMilsom
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-12

So there is X32 FMP Remote; M32 FMP Remote; M Air FMP Remote; and Air Pro MX ??? Each is around $16 (Oz) so I need to make the right choice first up if possible haha!

Which one would be the best?

Thanks

0 142
    • DennisMilsom
      KenMitchell

Hi @DennisMilsom , 

In my opinion the best app out there is Mixing Station. In-app purchase for either XAir or X32 so it's one app that is highly configurable, actively in development, and very stable, even on the latest iOS.  

Hope this helps, 

Ken

• November 12, 2019
    • DennisMilsom
      DennisMilsom

@KenMitchellthanks but neither is available as an iphone app, that I cna find out here anyway!

• November 12, 2019
    • DennisMilsom
      KenMitchell

Hi @DennisMilsom , 

Where are you located? Are you saying you can't find Mixing Station" in your app store?   I didn't even know that was something to even have to deal with.  It may be a matter of the developer submitting something to Apple. If that's the case, we can open a ticket with him and ask him to submit the right requests. 

EDIT: Missed the Oz reference in your original post.  Not sure why it wouldn't be available there.  I'll submit a ticket to David to find out. 

Ken 

• November 12, 2019
Go to page