Statistics

305,248 members
189,524 posts
  • Barkus
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-08-29

Hello. My 3 switch works on the VE and the VL3X but my 6 switch only works on the VE not the VL3X. What gives? Thanks Barkus

0 209
    • Barkus
      Barkus

(view in My Videos)

• August 31, 2019
  • DouglasLohman
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-29

Is there any way to limit the access of a particular tablet to parts of the x32 mixer. I would like only allow the tablet access to the main faders and indivual channel EQ. It's used in a church for mostly speaking with no aux sends or monitors. I've looked all over for this kind of thread, to no avail. Or, can someone point me to the thread if this has been asked/answered previously.

read more...
    0 239
    • DouglasLohman
      RexBeckett

@DouglasLohman 

Hi Douglas, the only way I can think of to do this is to run Mixing Station XM32 Pro on the tablet and create a custom layout with only the allowed controls. It would be hard to make it foolproof but it would guard against accidental changes to other parameters.

• August 29, 2019
    • DouglasLohman
      sgagnon

If you had a budget you could use a control processor and touch panel, such as an Extron or Crestron based system, to design your own and control certain aspects of the mixer. I'm not sure how broad the x32's API is but its certainly a possible option.

• September 24, 2019
  • MitchellAA
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-08-29

Im having AES50 sync problems with DL431 Between talking to the two consoles. but if i set the AES50 on the DL431 to sync to cable A it works fine 

0 161
    • MitchellAA
      Paul_Vannatto

@MitchellAA wrote:

Im having AES50 sync problems with DL431 Between talking to the two consoles. but if i set the AES50 on the DL431 to sync to cable A it works fine 

What consoles are you connecting to it, and are they both set for 96K?

When attempting to sync to AES50 B, have you changed it in the DL431 Sync menu (page 17 in manual)?

• August 29, 2019
      • Dl431
        MaciejKamil Hey Paul, is DL431 compatible with behringer WING ?
        • Jul 21
  • AllanRobins
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-08-28

Hello. I have had a VL3X for 6 months and find it both amazing and so versatile. 

I didn’t buy it for and don’t use it for backing tracks ,looping or automation 

I bought it for good sound ,vocals with harmony , guitar processing esp body Rez as I use a piezo pickup gtr( but can still get heavy electric gtr sounds),a  sound card fo my digital drums ,—and performance recording.  I have stopped using the USB recording as the machine locks up a couple of times per night if I do. Since  I stopped recording to USB I’ve had no trouble. I Kave a Korg MR 2000s so I  use it for recording instead. 

I have attempted to match the adaptive eq with my manual attempt but can’t get close to the adaptive sound      HOWEVER I play harmonica as well and this alters the adaptive tone on my vocal and  for half a verse my vocals is muddy until it comes back to my vocal inspired setting. If Craig is reading this I wonder if it is possible to write into the firmware an adaptive eq lock where once you are happy with the adaptive eq , lock it so the harmonica does not alter this setting. 

I have also put a small momentary switch on my guitar so I can operate the hit button from my guitar instead of having to reach for the unit on the table next to me ( as I have to use my feet for the live drums) 

It is a inspiring device and the other day I recorded 50 songs in 2 days and then spent a couple of days mastering them and the result is so much more pleasant and professional ( not to mention time saving ) than I have done in the past through multitracking. It is so much fun experimenting with the harmonies 

I have included a pic of my “hit” switch on my guitar ( with apologies to Rick Turner)—— this is a must if you can’t use you feet

This is my first post and I’m not sure if this is the right place to post this 

cheers. Allan    

aka the Blackwood Mountain Man 

D1A5C58A-E667-42F1-BCAD-A7963C326A30.jpeg
    read more...
    0 160
    • AllanRobins
      BigDogDaddyD

Hello AllenRobbins.  Really enjoyed reading your post.  I think you're a @#$%-ing genius with the HIT switch on your guitar.  I'm thinking I'm gonna have to borrow your idea.  Sure beats my idea of duct taping my Switch-6 to my guitar (no picture, thank goodness).  But I'm wondering if I could take the guts out of the Switch-6 case and transplant them into the guitar like you did the single button.  I may have to sacrifice my old learner guitar and Frankenstein surgery it and experiment a bit.  I'll let you know how it goes.  I play harps through my Shure 57 on my VLT2 while playing my accoustic/electric through the guitar side.  Have had a lot of fun with the vocal  effects reacting to the different harmonicas.  Thanks again for the ideas.  Good luck on your journeys.

• January 20, 2020
  • billh2020
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-08-28

Greetings!

I am still learning my way around a digital mixer and hope that I can get some advice on the best way to configure our MR18 mixer. In a nutshell, I want to route non-EQed audio post-fader to the USB interface and am not sure the most efficient method.

Our Application

We work with corporate clients to produce company meetings. These can take place in a variety of spaces, including very reverberant venues like breweries.

We provide the local sound reinforcement and broadcast audio and video to remote locations using web conference or live streaming. When web conferencing, remote locations may present (using audio, video and screen sharing) to the local audience.

Here is our audio routing: 

• We have a combination of wireless lav/headworn/handheld microphones coming into the MR 18.
    • We are using PEQ’s on the channels and a TEG/GEQ on the LR mains. We also use the auto-mix feature on the microphone channels.
    • The MR18 LR mains feed a local sound system for sound reinforcement. 
    • The Midas USB interface is configured for 2 channel operation connected to a computer workstation running a video switcher application (i.e. the Video Switcher).
    • The web conferencing remote audio feed is routed from the Video Switcher to the MR18 using the USB interface for in-house playback. This allows remote presenters to address the in-house audience.
    • To avoid a feedback loop, on the MR18 we create a mix-minus aux-send feed using Bus A. This mix-minus routes all local microphone audio less the web conferencing remote audio via the USB interface to the video mixer. The tap point is post-fader since individual microphones are muted when speakers are off-stage. This audio is broadcast to all the geographically remote locations.

The Problem

Depending on the event space, we use PEQ/TEQ/GEQ on the microphones to suppress feedback. I would like to send the “fuller” sounding non-EQ’ed microphone audio to the remote audience while maintaining a tap point that allows us to mute individual mic channels for both local and remote audiences.

On a side note, I've learned alot reading through these postings and appreciate the knowledge shared on these boards. Thanks in advance for your advice!

Bill

read more...
    0 596
    • billh2020
      GaryHiggins

@billh2020 It seems like you have got your local feed under control with post fader room compensated sends to FOH. You can set your usb sends at a different tap and by using the +M version of that tap, still maintain your mutes as desired. You might want to try the pre eq plus mute tap (solid yellow in M32-Edit) for the usb ch sends. It would be best if you post your scene here to get a clear picture of what you have set up.

EDIT: In the setup/GUI Prefs section, if you make sure "Apply changes to all channels" is NOT checked, you can even send every ch at a different tap point if that works out better for some usb ch's.

• August 28, 2019
    • billh2020
      Vasco_Romijn

In the routing setup by the USB sends tab you can set those channels to Pre EQ+Mute. I think you lost fader control on the USB sends this way because it is not post fader anymore. You have to try yourself because I do not own a MR18. Just have the software installed for offline configurations when I know there is one at a veneu where I have to work.

• August 28, 2019
  • askuse7
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-28

Hi everyone,

I purchased a Model D a few months ago and went through the calibration process and it is working great.

I let the Model D warm up for 30 mins before I use it, but I still like to check the tuning occassionally so I connected the Low output to a Boss guitar tuner, and when I need to tune I just power on the tuner, make sure only Osc 1 is on, then press an A note on my controller keyboard, and then use the Tuner knob on the Model D to correct the tuning.

This works well, except you can hear the A note when I play it through my speakers. Is there a way to do this so the note will not be heard so I can tune in-between songs when I play live? If I press the Main Out switch to off, will the signal still go out Phones or the 1/8" Main Audio Outputs?

Also the Model included 2 1/8" mono cables. Are they exactly the same? Can either cable be used for audio and CV connections?

Thanks!

read more...
    0 352
    • askuse7
      DaveMorrison

@askuse7 

How about an A/B switch pedal? Switch out the tuner when playing; Switch out the PA when playing.

• August 28, 2019
    • askuse7
      askuse7

Hi Dave,

That would certainly work, but I was looking for a solution that doesn't require any extra cables or footswitches, and I think I've found it.

I did a bit of research tonight, and I first confirmed the Phones output is completely separate from the 2 Main 1/4" Audio outputs, which makes sense. Next, I inserted a stereo 1/8" to 1/4" headphone adapter in the 1/4" input of my guitar tuner, and then connected a stereo 1/8" cable between the tuner and the 1/8" Phones output of the Model D. I then switched Off the Main Audio output switch. I then played an A note and the tuner recognized it no problem, so I now have a good working solution for checking the tuning without the sound being heard through my speakers.

I also checked the 1/8" Main Audio output as well, and it is not separate from the Main Audio volume control. If you press the Main Audio switch to off then the signal is shut off from the 1/8" Main Audio output as well. Unusable for silent tuning.

But I have a good working solution using the Phones output for checking the tuning of my Model D when I use it for live performance without it making a sound through my speakers.

Hope this helps anyone else wanting to do the same!

Andy

• August 28, 2019
    • askuse7
      RonaldFigura

Here's what I used to do with my MiniMoog... Took the headphone output of the Moog and ran it into a digital tuner that recogzed ANY pitch coming into it and showed the status of the tuning. Don't remember the make or model of the tuner, but it was cutting edge at the time (early 1980s). I powered it with a walwart so it could be always on. No need to mute the MiniMoog to tune because it showed whatever note I was playing. But if I needed to I could mute the Mini output and the headphone output would still supply an output to the tuner. I just had to be carefull not to drive the headphone output too hard or the tuner would "freakout". You can do this same thing on the Behringer Model D. All the functionality is there.

• September 21, 2019
    • askuse7
      RonaldFigura

PS- find a "digital chromatic tuner" This should work as I described in my other reply to your post.

• September 21, 2019
    • askuse7
      askuse7

Hi Ronald,

My Korg Slimptich chromatic tuner arrived last week from Japan, and it worked exactly as I had hoped!

Added bonus, it shows B Flat instead of A# and G# instead of A flat, so I can't make the same mistake I made last time

See attached pic for final solution.

Andy

Model D Slimpitch Tuner.JPG
      • September 22, 2019
  • celoranta
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-08-28

Hello folks.

I've been trying to use the X-LIVE card to perform virtual soundchecks with my band.

As we generally do not have a front-of-house guy, my desire is to record a sound check tune to the X-LIVE, then move to the FOH with my iPad and X-Edit, then play back the recorded sound check and make channel adjustments as needed.  

From what I've read previously, the process above is one of the intended purposes of the X-LIVE.

Unfortunately it seems that the recording, when played back, differs greatly from the sound of the live band.  I do not believe this should be the case.  Here are the specifics:

• We have NO acoustic instruments aside from our vocals.  Guitar is through an amp head, cab simulator and DI, bass is direct to board via DI, electronic drums and keys are direct to board as well.  
    • There are no stage wedges.  Our mix is via IEMs and P-16s.  The stage is quiet.
    • The level of our overall mix is very loud.  More than enough to overwhelm the acoustic voices as they pertain to the FOH mix.
    • I had previously (accidentally) messed with the TRIM settings, which certainly screwed up the playback a lot.  This has since been corrected and all 'tape' trim settings for all channels are set to 0db.
    • 'Record' mode channels
      • 1-8 are sourced from digital snake inputs 1-8
      • 9-16 from x32 input 1-8
      • 17-32 are irrelevant for now
    • 'Play' mode channels are assigned as defaulted:  Card 1-8 to Channels 1-8, etc.

Am I missing anything here?  Is there any other reason the played back audio might sound different than the live audio?  Please lend a hand as I am very excited to change over our process, but my patient band mates are losing their patience somewhat with my failed attempts.

read more...
    0 1,314
    • celoranta
      RexBeckett

@celoranta 

Hi Chris, the fastest way for us to help is to look at your scene. Save the scene and attach the file to your post (see Choose File button below).

• August 28, 2019
    • celoranta
      garyh

@celoranta i am not sure but suspect the issue is with the tap points for the card, if you use the “local” ch source for card out, you will get pre everything recorded to the xlive. This will be true for aes50 sources like digital snake mic pre’s also. When you then playback you get the ch processing. You get half your sound in a way. It’s not just the xlive btw, other usb cards do it the same. It’s a flaw imo of local to card routing. by not allowing local sourced tap points other than pre. The work around is to use another routing menu like p16, aux out or even out 1-16 to use as the source to your card. Doing this will allow you to select pre fader or post fader (or other) ch taps to the xlive card. In card out routing, change it from local to whichever source you decide to use. P16 might work well since you already are using p16m’s in your system.

• August 28, 2019
    • celoranta
      celoranta

Thanks for the assist, but 'pre' is exactly what I'm looking for.  I want to record my channels before any processing, and then play them back through the same channels on the board (with the same settings,) which should allow any processing to affect the recorded track in the exact way it was affecting the live channel.

• August 29, 2019
    • celoranta
      garyh

You had started this thread by stating your recording (using local and aes50 inputs) wasn’t working for you? When you record pre everything card tracks and then play them back you are dealing with ch trim on a card playback ch. if you then adjust everything based on trim, as soon as you go back to the live gain based mic ch level of the given current gig, there will be a difference, the difference CAN be great. Mic placement, room acoustics, bleed, etc are all factors that may vary from when the recorded version was done. I also assume you listen to post fader main l/r.

I find post fader recorded card tracks to be much closer to a live ch level and sound, even if you use flat eq on the recorded side going in. Your complaint in the thread open more or less appears to bear this out: "Unfortunately it seems that the recording, when played back, differs greatly from the sound of the live band." You should surely do what you find works the best for you. It may not be the usual way, I was only offering another possible solution. 

• August 29, 2019
    • celoranta
      JackDemeis Chris, I have the exact same problems; 1) no or inexperienced soundman, 2) electronic drums, and 3) IEM. I'm the drummer in the band and a long time FOH engineer and would love to be able to get a FOH mix 85%-90% done and have the inexperienced soundman just adjust levels. While Gary brings up good points about "...the difference CAN be great. Mic placement, room acoustics, bleed, etc are all factors that may vary from when the recorded version was done." I seems really odd that the resulting differences between playback live can be great. To me, I think your right on regarding the channel gain. I think in the end what we need is the source during playback (in my case it's Logic Pro X) to have at least similar input level as live.
      • October 7, 2020
  • Dc503
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-08-28

Anyone else get this after trying to run it 

I'm going need a refund if this can't be fixed did this on the demo to I just figured it would be fixed by time I paid for it 

0 222
    • Dc503
      DrMove

For me, the software doesn't work period.  First of all, it isn't installing in my operating system, (Windows 7 Pro on Dell Latitude E6420 Laptop) it just opens from the folder where the executable resides.  And when it opens it does nothing...I try to import a file and...nothing.  I'm guessing at this point, since TC Electronic and Music Tribe are ignoring my numerous email requests for answers, that they want you to sign up to the Finalizer.com cloud account and upload your unreleased masters to their servers.  Well I'm not doing it.  I should be able to 'Finalize' my masters in the privacy of my environment.

TC ELECTRONIC AND MUSIC TRIBE....HERE ME ON THIS...I WANT A REFUND ASAP.  YOU HAVE MISLEAD US ABOUT THIS SOFTWARE!  REFUND PLEASE!  REFUND PLEASE! REFUND PLEASE!  REFUND PLEASE!  REFUND PLEASE!  REFUND PLEASE!  REFUND PLEASE!  REFUND PLEASE! 

I SEE YOUR FACEBOOK AND LINKED-IN PAGES...IF I DON'T GET A REFUND, I WILL BEGIN POSTING ON BOTH PAGES ABOUT HOW YOU ROOKED US OUT OF OUR HARD EARNED CASH AND ARE NOT RESPONDING TO OUR REQUESTS FOR AN EXPLANATION AS TO WHY THE FINALIZER SOFTWARE DOESN'T WORK.  AND HOW YOU MISLEAD US AND DIDN'T TELL US THAT OUR MASTERS WOULD BE IN THE CLOUD, AGAINST ANYONE WITH ANY SENSE WISHES.  I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE GOING TO DO WITH MY MASTERS ONCE YOU HAVE THEM.  AND JUDGING FROM HOW YOU ARE NOT RESPONDING TO MY MANY EMAILS, I CAN ASSUME IT'S NOT GOOD OR HONEST!

I WANT A REFUND!!!!!!!  REFUND PLEASE! REFUND PLEASE!  REFUND PLEASE!  REFUND PLEASE!  REFUND PLEASE!  REFUND PLEASE!  REFUND PLEASE!

AS STATED ABOVE I WILL POST NEGATIVE REVIEWS ON BOTH OF YOUR PAGES ON FACEBOOK AND LINKED-IN.  IF THAT DOESN'T WORK, I WILL START WITH THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU AND THEN  I WILL FIND OUT WHAT AGENCY IN THE EUROPEAN UNION HAS JURISTICTION OVER CONSUMER ISSUES LIKE THIS AND GET THEM TO WAKE YOU UP!!!!!!!

SINCERLY,

F.RICK FERNANDEZ

• August 28, 2019
  • RayDoetjes
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-08-28

My DeepMind12 started to randomly freeze up.

I have updated to the latest firmware 1.1.2, recalibrated even increased the default fan speed to rule out overheating.

Nothing has helped. The store reverted me to this site to make an RMA request. But I can’t find how to submit an RMA request to send in the instrument to be serviced. I have the receipt.

read more...
    0 270
  • Dc503
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-08-27

I purchased finalizer app and it crashes it won't start up at all is this not good for Windows 10 

0 257
Go to page