Statistics

268,265 members
147,829 posts
  • stan2000
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-09-19

Hey,

how do I extend the pattern while copying it?

If I have a beat and I like to extend it. After the extension the next bar is empty. For live purposes this could be a bit unhandy.

Thanks in advance!

0 193
  • RandyB
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-09-19

Upating the firmware brings it back every time.

0 118
  • Paul_Vannatto
    Volunteer Moderator
    2019-09-19

Hi everyone,

While doing some research of using REW, I came across this video that showed how to EQ an SM57 to emulate an SM7b. Attached is an EQ FX file with his settings. Enjoy.

SM57 to SM7b.zip
    read more...
    0 376
    • Paul_Vannatto
      KenMitchell

Hey @Paul_Vannatto ,

That link just takes me to an X32 post in the Recording forum. 

Ken

• September 19, 2019
    • Paul_Vannatto
      Paul_Vannatto

Hey @KenMitchell, not sure what happened. But both links are now working. Thanks for letting me know.

• September 19, 2019
    • Paul_Vannatto
      KenMitchell

Hey @Paul_Vannatto , 

Something is still weird.  The YT link is working now but the link to REW sends you to some AV review site as shown in the HTML when I quoted your original message. 

Screen Shot 2019-09-20 at 9.03.40 AM.png

Here's the link I would have expected: https://www.roomeqwizard.com/

BTW, I've been using REW for years and love it.  At first I was only using it to tune subs and then doing the rest by ear but more recently I've been using it to replace my ears.   Ironically, I'd been taking a refresher course in microphone selection and placement and discovered that I have hearing loss in two different ranges.   I now find myself doing more and more with graphs which isn't too bad since I'm an EE by trade. 

Ken

• September 20, 2019
    • Paul_Vannatto
      Paul_Vannatto

@KenMitchell wrote:

The YT link is working now but the link to REW sends you to some AV review site

I figured out what happened. The REW forum and beta versions are located on the AV NIRVANA website. So somehow they are interlinked. 

• September 20, 2019
    • Paul_Vannatto
      KenMitchell

@Paul_Vannatto 

Yeah I hear you on mik costs vs. usage.  It comes down to what I want vs. what I need.  That's part of my reason for taking the refresher course before I got shopping again.  The other reason is I recently used a matched stereo pair to do some sound sampling for an effects project and the stereo samples turned to garbage when I converted them to mono.  Complemetary samples don't combine well. 

BTW, not sure what you are using with REW for measurements, but I've found the Dayton Audio EMM-6 to be a surprisingly good, low-cost measurement mik.  I have two of them as I seem to break at least one every six months or so due to someone tripping over the XLR cable I have strung out into the middle of the room.  One thing about it that I don't like and that is it's somewhat directional so it doesn't work well when it's pointed straight up. 

Ken

• September 20, 2019
  • kris_
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-09-19

Hi Behringer, loving the RD8 so far! I will immediately get rid of my previous too smallish drum machines, this one is really nice for jamming (one hand on the synth, one hand free to tweak the beat!).

As I want to integrate the RD8 into my self-written librarian and editor software, I really appreciate you still embrace the idea of MIDI as an open technology and provide sysex documentation for your gear - I just started experimenting with the info in the new manual, and can recall the pattern data, but parsing it could use some help.

Is there some more information you could provide me? I already suspect that a pattern file is 889 bytes of useful data with the 8th bit packed away to produce the 1016 bytes of message data, but now reverse engineering will be a bit time consuming (thanks for providing the bit map in the manual, that already helps a lot!).

Thank you, and keep on rocking!

read more...
    1 403
  • bettsaj
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-09-19

I've just bought the behringer UMC22 as it was advertised to be good value for money, there is however an issue that has been highlighted on an Amazon review. Inst 2 doesn't work after setting up. 

I'm using the interface with guitar rig 5 and it works a charm if i plug the guitar into Line 1, but when I plug into inst 2 i get a signal i.e the green signal light flashes but no audio at all. this hjas been raised on Amazon after I checked some of the reviews, and aledgedly behringer are aware of this issue.

Any ideas for a fix as I'm on the verge of sending this back for a refund if I can't get it working as it should.

read more...
    0 1,856
    • bettsaj
      BrianLowe

@bettsaj wrote:

I've just bought the behringer UMC22 as it was advertised to be good value for money, there is however an issue that has been highlighted on an Amazon review. Inst 2 doesn't work after setting up. 

I'm using the interface with guitar rig 5 usps tracking and it works a charm if i plug the guitar into Line 1, but when I plug into inst 2 i get a signal i.e the green signal light flashes but no audio at all. this hjas been raised on Amazon after I checked some of the reviews, and aledgedly behringer are aware of this issue.

Any ideas for a fix as I'm on the verge of sending this back for a refund if I can't get it working as it should.

Same issue here too. Help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
      Regards

Brian

• October 19, 2019
    • bettsaj
      jehanlabyrinth If you're on Windows PC go to Control Panel > Sound > Select your Behringer UMC22 under recording tab > Properties > Advanced tab > Select 2 channels instead of 1 channel. That was also my initial problem and it turns out that it has something to do with the settings. Just make sure you guys select the same settings matching your DAW or recording will not work. Hope this helps.
      • January 23, 2021
  • AwkwardTyson
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-09-19

So I recently updated from Driver version 4.38 to 4.59. When I was on 4.38 I had 4 USB devices for Playback and recording (1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8). After upgrading I only have 1 USB option now (1-2). What gives??? 

0 175
    • AwkwardTyson
      KenMitchell

Hi @AwkwardTyson ,

That's strange.  I'm on 4.59 and I have them all. 

Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 11.25.27 AM.png

I'd try deleting the XR18, un-plugging it, rebooting, re-installing the drivers, and finally re-plugging it in.  Did you happen to do the update with the XR18 plugged in?  I've seen problems with that in the past. 

Hope this helps, 

Ken

• September 19, 2019
  • jamesmark
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-09-19

Trying to download the latest version 4.1.10 toneprint but it keeps making network error. any mirror link? 

0 124
    • jamesmark
      KenMitchell

Hi James ( @jamesmark), 

Welcome to the community.  I didn't have any problem when I tried just now.  I'm not sure where MT hosts their back-end servers but they seem to go down for maintenance at various times but come back within a few minutes. 

Ken

• September 19, 2019
  • markflip
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-09-18

Hello, I've seen this topic come up a bit with similar requests for nova system but I don't see a current thread so I'm starting a new one. I bought a G system about 6 or more years ago and found it pretty deep to fully understand and at the time I just set it in a box and opted for my analog pedal rig that I had built. I recently joined a new band playing all original music and I felt it was time for a change of my tone and pulled out the G system again. 

I have to say thank you to Laird and his incredibly useful and way overachieved (in a good way) unofficial manual, I now feel I have a pretty good grasp of whats going on in that thing. I have it connected the 4 cable method through the preamp loop on my fender blues deville 4x10 amp and it sounds really fricken good.

Here's the problem, the band I play in has a drummer with an electronic kit and he keeps pushing for total volume control of our entire band so he is anti amps on stage. I tried to push back as much as possible but I am seeing the merit of not having to lug that amp from show to show. There is also a lot of new equipment out there and I was wondering if anybody has a good combination of a preamp and amp/cab simulators that could be wired in the 4 cable manor on the G so that the final output goes straight to a PA with no actual amp producing sound on stage?

The way I would see this happening is that I would have a preamp pedal running through the insert loop on the G, then the out of the G would go into an amp/cab simulator that would go to the PA. Ideally the simulator would have XLR outputs? Does such a thing exist? And to take it one more step, I would like to go stereo out so I may have to have 2 identical amp/cab simulators.

Does anyone have any successful experience with a setup like this and any hardware recommendations would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

read more...
    0 214
    • markflip
      markflip

Don't everybody rush in all at once here! Take turns please?

• September 22, 2019
    • markflip
      DaveMorrison

@markflip 

The Sansamp's amp simulation is pretty good. I've used one forever.

• September 22, 2019
    • markflip
      markflip

Well I was hoping to have more feedback from the community but I spent a lot of time researching preamps and I found one that I think will be ideal. I wanted to share my find incase this question comes up again.

I purchased a https://www.two-notes.com/le-clean preamp today and once I get it in and hooked up and tweaked I will report back. I have high hopes that this will be the ultimate solution.

Two-notes makes several preamp models, I went with the le-clean because it's said to mimic American style tube amps and I am trying to replace a Fender Blues Deville 4x10 combo.

What sold me on the two-notes is a couple things;

• There is an effects loop that is inserted after the preamp

• I plan to connect the send on the G to the input on the Pre, the out on the Pre to the return on the G, the out on the G to the return on the Pre, then go XLR out of the Pre into the mixer, Viola the 4 cable method!

• There is a cabinet simulator (preset for the model, no adjustment) after the fx loop return

• this is a good starting point to have amp like sound with only one device

• They also have a software driven cabinet simulator that can be inserted after the le-clean as an upgrade down the line (if needed)

• The preamp is 2 channel and it can be selected through MIDI commands

• both channels are true tube circuitry!

I also looked at the https://www.effectrode.com/products/effects-pedals/blackbird-vacuum-tube-preamp/ but the price is a bit more than I was willing to dish out at this time. I would also need more hardware to get the cabinet emulation and DI to the mixer. If you have the cash though this is an awesome unit. It is also 2 channel and there is a channel select jack that you could wire into the relays on the G...

• September 23, 2019
  • cepatton
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-09-18

Where can I find an authorized Behringer repair shop for mr K3000FX? My rehearsal studio is in San Jose, Ca. Any assistance you can give would be greatly appreciated.

cepatton 

0 128
  • jackftce
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-09-18

Using my Hypergravity Mini seems to increase feedback through PA with both Fender and Taylor A/E guitars. Is there a toneprint download that can help minimize this?

0 156
Go to page