Statistics

216,311 members
89,520 posts
  • New
    svedvik
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-22

Hi,

I have two 165mm (6.50”) constant directivity Dual Concentric™ drivers taken from Tannoy iW60 EFX.

I am building new enclosures for them and I am missing the Thiele / Small parameters for the driver to allow me correct sizing of the enclosures.

Can somebody please provide these data specifications?

Please see identification number on the attached photo.

Thank you!

Breg

Sigmund

read more...
    1 5
    • svedvik
      Dale_M Hi Sigmund, this is a legacy speaker so the info on this may be limited now but I will try and inquire for you.
      • Feb 23
  • New
    Paul53
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-20

I'd like to know if bi-wiring is recommended for the Cheviot Legacy (I own).

0 10
    • Paul53
      PedroRodrigues Hi, Paul53,please consider that most of our residential loudspeakers, and your Tannoy CHEVIOT are a good example have two sets of speaker terminals, one for the bass (LF) and one for the treble (HF).
      These are normally joined by links, and a single cable run is used to the amplifier.
      However, by removing these links, and using two sets of cable or a special bi-wire cable, the LF and HF are only connected together at the amplifier.
      Even the best cables suffer from losses due to their electrical resistance, inductance and capacitance, and so bi-wiring avoids interaction between the LF and delicate HF parts of the signal.
      This gives better clarity, detail and an improved soundstage. Your Instruction Manual will detail how to prepare your loudspeakers for bi-wiring, and your dealer will be able to advise on suitable cable choices for a given budget.
      For further information, please refer to our White Paper by following the link below:
      https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/read/22286929/tannoy-supertweeter-paper-in-pdf-format
      • Feb 22
      • Bi- wiring or not the Cheviot Legacy
        Paul53 Hi Mr.Rodrigues,
        • Feb 22
        Paul53 ... I was going to thank you, first. As a matter of fact, the theoretical benefits of bi-wiring are known. The question is if, in practice, such benefits are discernible. Moreover, there are those who believe the single-wiring sound is preferable...
        • ·
        • Feb 22
        PedroRodrigues Hi Paul53 effectively I think they are specially considering that your Tannoy CHEVIOT has two terminals, one for the bass (LF) and one for the treble (HF). and in this case and I mentioned above by removing these links, and using two sets of cable or a special bi-wire cable, the LF and HF are only connected together at the amplifier.
        Even the best cables suffer from losses due to their electrical resistance, inductance and capacitance, and so bi-wiring avoids interaction between the LF and delicate HF parts of the signal.
        This gives better clarity, detail and an improved soundstage.
        • Feb 22
  • New
    Miche
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-15

Hello, i would like if somebody say, where i can buy a only speaker remplacement Tannoy

read more...
    0 3
    • Miche
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi Miche, If you have not yet done so I would recommend submitting a parts request, this can be done by going to support at the top of the page and filling in the parts form.
      • Feb 14
  • New
    laer
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-13

Hey,

Does anyone know og the spare parts facility is open now, or if it is closed because of covid?  

0 4
    • laer
      RexBeckett Hi laer, I believe that the parts team are still working. You can request parts by opening a Care ticket.

At the top of this page, click Support then scroll down the new page and select Parts. Make sure that you enter all required (*) data before clicking Submit. The Care team will respond by email.
      • Feb 13
  • New
    wsblissjr
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-08

I'm interested in getting some Reveal 502 monitor speakers (I think anyway) however they don't seem to be available at any of the usual suspects in the USA where they use to be... Sweetwater, Guitar Center, etc.  Is there a reason for that? Are they still a current product or are they being replaced?

read more...
    0 6
    • wsblissjr
      Nigel67 Hi, yes they are still a current product. You will need to contact Sweetwater and they will be able to give you a date when they are coming back into stock.
      • Feb 8
  • New
    dbaumgardner1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-06

During certain broadcasts and decibels of vocals I may have the need for a replacement center coaxial because it seams to clip or pop at certain frequencies while person talking. Can a new or replacement coaxial be found/purchased. Thanking you in advance for your help

read more...
    0 9
    • dbaumgardner1
      RexBeckett Hello, I suggest that you open a Care ticket for this.

At the top of this page, click Support then scroll down the new page and select Parts. Make sure that you enter all required (*) data before clicking Submit. The Care team will respond by email.
      • Feb 6
    • dbaumgardner1
      dbaumgardner1 Hello Rex, I tried your suggestion and none of the Definition D-500 nor the D-750 were even mentioned in the parts area
      • Feb 6
      • D750 Coaxial
        RexBeckett Use any model and explain in the description.
        • Feb 6
  • New
    mbodner12
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-29

hi ,please propose a couple of tannoy setups using bookshelf speakers and bass woofer ( I assume) 

an amplifier proposal would also be great / I have a project turntable 

atache pic of room 

it is 8x6m large 

thanks !

read more...
    0 6
  • New
    ChrisFromGreece
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-27

Hey there!

I am about to buy a second hand dc8ti.

Just wanted to know the release date of the speaker so i know if its too old.

Also want to know if these speakers come with a base (plynth or somewhat)! The owner says it didnt come with a base but all the pictures i see, it has a base.

Also is it available for purchase as a spare part (the base), and what is the cost?

read more...
    0 10
    • ChrisFromGreece
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi ChrisFromGrece, you can find out the manufacture date of a unit by the serial number. The below article will guide you in how to find this out:

https://community.musictribe.com/pages/kba?articleId=8bc4966a-6c30-ea11-a812-000d3a081b66&brand=Tannoy

With regards to the plinth, it may be worth double-checking the model of the speaker as the DC8Ti should as you have seen in photos come with one, however, the DC8T would not. This information again should be shown on the serial number label
      • Jan 27
      • Definition DC8ti
        ChrisFromGreece Thanks for the reply. I can’t tell which model it is (dc8ti or dc8T). Is there any chance you can tell, if I send you some pics??
        • Jan 28
      • Definition DC8ti
        ChrisEdwards1 Hi ChrisFromGrece, of course if you can supply pictures of the unit and serial number we will be able to confirm from the product code within the serial number.
        • Jan 28
  • New
    JD23
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-24

A couple of years ago, I bought a house that had a theater room in the basement.  The previous owner left the rear speakers installed in the wall.  I pulled one out and learned they are Tannoy iw60 efx boxes.  I found the manual online.  I'm a speaker noob.  I read the cinema mode is 4 ohms while a music mode is 8 ohms.  My receiver only goes down to 6 ohms.  So, I assume I need the speakers to be in music mode.  I have no clue how to do this.  I would appreciate any help.  Also, advice on whether these will be good rear surround speakers would be great.  Thanks!

read more...
    0 18
    • JD23
      PedroRodrigues Hi JD23 when using the Tannoy iW60 EFX I would recommend having a Amplifier Power that offers the following power and impedance 100 - 200 W @ 8 Ohms and power handling of Average 100 W; Programme 200 W; Peak 400 W so you must look for power amplifier that offers these specifications to avoid any issues. Thank you
      • Jan 25
    • JD23
      JD23 Thank you for the reply. I am wondering how to make the speakers 4 ohms vs 8 ohms. Aside from the normal red and black pair of banana plugs, there is a green connector on the back with a place to insert 4 wires and set screws to tighten down on them. The holes are marked two with a plus and two with a minus. Does this have something to do with the resistence?
      • Jan 25
  • New
    Bascule
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-24

Hi,

I've had these so long I don't remember what they are ?

Wondering if anyone can help?

Cheers,

Andy

read more...
    0 40
    • Bascule
      Bascule The cabinet is about 25x50 cm
      • Jan 24
    • Bascule
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi Bascule, upon review, it appears you have a pair of DC1000 from the Series 90 range. I have included a copy of the brochure for you in the link below if this is of any help.

https://we.tl/t-NCqpazmh1E
      • Jan 26
      • I've forgotten what these are!
        Bascule Cheers! :-)
        • Jan 26
    • Bascule
      Bascule Hi ChrisEdwards1 - Perfect, many thanks for that! :-)
      • Jan 26
Go to page