• New
    timeofsilence
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-01-22

Will there be a Midas version of the Wing?  Sorry if this has been discussed already.  

0 5
    • timeofsilence
      PedroRodrigues Hi timeofsilence Please be aware at this moment we cannot provide any information regarding any future releases, please keep checking our social media for any update on this matter. Thank you
      • Fri at 12:08 AM
      • X32 then M32, Wing then ?????  Will there be a Midas version of the Wing?
        timeofsilence Thanks for the reply :-)
        • Fri at 5:44 PM
  • New
    MarkNorgren
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-01-21

I hope I'm not the only one getting excited for the summer music festival season!  I'm looking for some recommendations to improve my wireless setup.  We currently use a Apple Airport Express for wifi.  It has been extremely reliable.  We do however have problems when we go outdoors and want to move away from the board for festivals.  We seem to loose signal 30-40 feet from stage.  I would prefer to keep the board on stage and mix from an iPad out front.

I have heard that some people use an access point, like an Ubiquiti, to increase wifi range?  I'm wondering what others are using and if you might recommend a product to use to increase our range from stage. 

Thanks and I hope people can get back to business and start making live music soon!

read more...
    1 11
    • MarkNorgren
      GaryHiggins Ubiquiti stuff is great, I use the Outdoor 5 usually and have for several years, distance is a non issue!
      • Thu at 6:36 AM
    • MarkNorgren
      Dale_M Hi MarkNorgren they are arguably all different with access points as well as remote devices. My colleague who still engineered (pre Covid 19) settled for an Ubiquiti one.
      We would recommend a good line of sight & high positioning which helps as well as a Mac program like "Wifi Explorer" to assist the user in seeing the busy traffic issues present.
      • Thu at 6:54 AM
    • MarkNorgren
      Dale_M Hi Mark Norgren they are arguably all different with access points as well as remote devices. My colleague who still engineered (pre Covid 19) settled for an Ubiquiti one.
      We would recommend a good line of sight & high positioning which helps as well as a Mac program like "Wifi Explorer" to assist the user in seeing the busy traffic issues present.
      • Thu at 6:54 AM
    • MarkNorgren
      MarkNorgren Thanks guys! It looks like the Ubiquiti UAP-AC-M-US is a replacement for the Outdoor 5? Can I just plug this into my Airport?
      • Fri at 5:00 AM
      • M32R and WiFi Solutions
        GaryHiggins Replace the airport with the Ubiquiti. Plan to spend some time with it, but it’s worth the effort.
        • Fri at 5:10 PM
      • M32R and WiFi Solutions
        MarkNorgren Sorry for all the questions Gary. Are you saying that after config on my Macbook, can I plug the Ubiquiti directly into my M32R for wifi? No more Airport.
        • 13 hours ago
  • New
    angleton1stumc
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-21

I'm running a midas m32 with version 3.08. can I update directly to firmware version 4.xxx

0 9
    • angleton1stumc
      Paul_Vannatto Yes you can. But backup your scenes, snippets and presets first. Also make note of all of the settings on the first 4 screens of the Setup section.
      • Wed at 7:17 PM
    • angleton1stumc
      angleton1stumc Thanks for the information. I always have a backup for my scenes, snippets and presets so that is not an issue but when you say make note of the settings on the first for screens of the setup section do you mean that the upload of firmware will change those or is this a precaution only.
      • Thu at 5:11 AM
    • angleton1stumc
      Paul_Vannatto Yes the update to firmware 4.x will reset everything to factory default. Going forward, firmware 4.x has a new feature of backing up the complete console, including those Setup settings.
      • Thu at 5:33 AM
  • New
    guitarsit
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-18

Hi all, I am having a hard time finding an answer to the following so posting here to see if anyone can help. Thanks in advance.

I have an MR18 I'm controlling from my Windows laptop. They're connected via ethernet for the MR18 controller, and USB for recording to DAW. Mixing and recording work fine. We're using 9 channels all with analog inputs and I'm using Acid Music Studio for my DAW.

I also have 1 input where the source is set to USB, to play audio from the laptop back into the mix. This works fine for the live mix, but it's not being picked up by the DAW for recording. In the DAW I set the input for the track to be the channel I've got the USB running through -- just like how the other DAW tracks are set up -- but it doesn't detect the audio.

All suggestions welcome.

read more...
    0 5
    • guitarsit
      RexBeckett Hi guitarsit, you need to change the signal tap for the channel with the USB source. This is on the In/Out -> USB Sends tab. The default tap is Analog which is directly from the analogue input A/D converter. If you change the signal tap to Input it will take the feed from after the analogue/USB switch and therefore record the USB playback. Make sure that you don't enable record monitoring to the same USB track in the DAW software or you will get digital feedback.
      • Mon at 9:51 AM
      • Recording channel where source is USB
        guitarsit That did the trick. Thank you!
        • ·
        • Mon at 10:02 AM
  • New
    PSdrums
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-01-15

Hello guys, I am having trouble with my M32 working with Studio One. I am getting signal out of the DAW in this example a loop.

But it seems I am getting no signal in the Daw and the faders aren`t moving when I slide the m32 faders.

Who can help me with a proper connection. Or isn`t Studio One not the most suitable DAW for the MidasThanks in advance!

BR Peter Steur

read more...
    0 10
    • PSdrums
      Paul_Vannatto What do you have assigned on the Routing, Card out screen?

For full M32 integration, I would suggest using Reaper with Patrick's X32Reaper app (found here https://sites.google.com/site/patrickmaillot/x32#h.p_DUz7OP4Wmg0- ) or his commercial X32Automate (found here https://x32ram.com/ )
      • Jan 15
    • PSdrums
      PSdrums Thank you for you reaction Paul. On my board card out screen i have 32 in 32 out assigned (not the usb 2 T).
      • Jan 16
      • M32 fully working with DAW Studio one
        Paul_Vannatto Wrong screen. What you describe is the Setup, card screen. I was asking what you have assigned on the Routing, Card out screen.
        • Jan 16
    • PSdrums
      PSdrums Comes reaper with full automation?
      • Jan 16
      • M32 fully working with DAW Studio one
        Paul_Vannatto Reaper and the X32 can be fully integrated using Patrick's apps
        • ·
        • Jan 16
  • New
    sethmajor
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-15

Hello everyone. I am trying to set up a Midas Venice U32 to a laptop to stream from through OBS.  When I plugin the USB from U32 to the computer I get a driver error message. I have attempted to locate the correct up to date driver bought cannot get the audio to the OBS system. 

Thank you for any guidance.

read more...
    0 9
    • sethmajor
      DavidKnighton Hello Seth,
      Are you getting any audio into your computer or no audio at all? Does your computer even recognize the U32 as an interface? Are you using Mac or Windows? If Mac, you need to update the firmware via Windows computer in order for the USB to discover on Mac. The update tool is here https://www.midasconsoles.com/midas/product?modelCode=P0AJK under the SOFTWARE tab.
      • Jan 15
      • Midas Venice U32 Driver
        sethmajor No Audio at all. It is recognized in my computer control panel but shows driver error. I am using Windows. I will try the update thank you!
        • Jan 15
        sethmajor When I click on the link it opens to VU24, is it the same driver for the VU32, which is what I have?
        • Jan 15
        DavidKnighton They are the same drivers for either console frame.
        • Jan 15
        sethmajor I tried the link that you provided but it says I do not have the correct windows operation, is there a driver of windows 10? Or another option to get sound from the mixer to my computer besides the USB?
        • Jan 16
  • New
    Miklos
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-12

Hi there, 

I wrote to your service team and they suggested I should write to you intead. My Midas XL4 

has a broken IC circuit in the motherboard, i need either a new motherboard or just another IC cucuit. 

I Have attached a picture in hope that someone in your network can help with this as without this the console 

will be completely worthless, and that would be really bad. 

Thanks in advance 

read more...
    0 7
    • Miklos
      Nigel67 Hi Miklos, I am going to set up a case for this. I will e-mail you in the next few hours and we can go from there.
      • Jan 12
  • New
    reggie1024
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-11

Hey Everyone.  I've been on this site trying to get in touch with a representative for midas for warranty purposes and the page it directs me to never seems to be working. Has anyone else had this problem? Are there any other solutions?

read more...
    0 3
    • reggie1024
      KyleJohnson Hi Reggie, Kyle here with Music Tribe. In order to contact our Service team, please click on Support at the top of the page then scroll down and select Service Request. Fill out the form and submit.
      • Jan 11
  • New
    Howgreen
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-09

Question,

I am having issue finding a DN32 Dante Card in the US.  

My question what is the difference between an X32 Dante card, and a Klark Teknik DN32 Dante card?  

Is the X32 Dante card compatibile and does it operate the same as a DN32 Dante card on a Midas M32 Live Console?  

read more...
    1 12
    • Howgreen
      GaryHiggins I’m 99.9% sure they are compatible. Essentially no difference.
      • Jan 9
      • X32 Dante I/O Compatibility with M32 Live
        Howgreen Gary thanks for the information. Are there any users that have installed this card instead of the DN32 Dante that can confirm?
        • Jan 9
        GaryHiggins The KT site says theirs works in either Behringer or Midas, same Dante chip, Brooklyn II. The reverse would also be true. X-Dante will work in an M32. Mine is in my Core and has been for a year or so. I might try to put it in my M32 for the heck of it.
        • Jan 9
        GaryHiggins update: Howard, I was inspired this am to make sure I wasn't dreaming and put the X-Dante card in my M32R, and as suspected it works 100%. I had updated it to the latest firmware this past summer (4.08) but doubt it makes a difference as to if it works in a M32 or not. That said you would want to update either model to the latest version.
        • Jan 10
  • New
    Geoffwalker55
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-08

Hi I have a midas f32 operating on windows7 using protools12 and a uad thunderbolt device somehow my pc aint seeing the mixer if i click on the midas icon i can see it anyone know how i a get rouind this issue please i would normaly take my rig to Parr Street Studios in Liverpool but thanks to covid this is not possible any help would be gratefullt welcomed

Thank you

Geoff

read more...
    0 5
    • Geoffwalker55
      john0121 Hi Geoff, is this the firewire version or the USB version? Either way it would be best to fill out the tech support form via the Support button (top of page). A member of the team can then work through some troubleshooting with you. Thanks
      • Jan 10
Go to page