Statistics

227,658 members
102,427 posts
  • New
    moonbagg
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-05

Good Day, I recently acquired a DDA AMR24 console. I am having trouble trying to find a manual and/or schematics. The DDAconsoles site seems to be defunct. I did some research on the company which has lead me here since Klark Teknik bought out DDA many ages ago. Specifically what I am trying to figure out is how to wire the PSU's to the block? Any help/advice or a general direction of where to ask would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Stas'

read more...
    0 5
    • moonbagg
      Nigel67 Hi moonbag. That is unfortunate, I hadn't realised that the website was no longer working. It looks as though the power supply cables are not the original ones. They are very different to what they should look like. I would suggest joining the 'DDA Mixing Console Owners' facebook site. I know that they downloaded all the manuals, so you should be able to get them from there. Hopefully there will be a diagram in one which shows you how to wire up the connectors. I think that you may need to get a multimeter out to see what voltage you are getting on each wire though before connecting up to the mixer. Great to see a AMR24 still in operation though.
      • 10 hours ago
  • New
    Alvaro73
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-05

Hi, my Mic Gain dual encoder from a Stereo Channel is broken, or rather the middle shaft has broken off. Attached is a picture to clarify which one I'm referring to.

Could you let me which encoder is a suitable replacement so I can fix it? Part number? Are they Alps?

Many thanks

read more...
    0 6
    • Alvaro73
      Dale_M Hi there, I would advise going to the support tab above and selecting spares, we may still have some but the team can advise on price and availability for you.
      • Wed at 12:05 AM
  • New
    mikerosen
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-03

Hey I have a Midas Venice F24 and when powering the unit off via the button on the back, it makes a weird sound.

It doesn't make the sound when turning on via this button. It also doesn't make the noise if if the button is pushed into the off position quickly. 

I noticed the noise while turning the unit on and off normally. I have attached a quick video where you can hear it.

Any ideas if this is normal? Have had the mixer for ages and never noticed it before

Any help is appreciated :)

View Video
    read more...
    0 4
    • mikerosen
      Nigel67 Hi, I am sure that is normal. We do not have a Venice F to be able to check this on, but I am 99.5% sure this is what happens when turning it off. You should be switching the unit off a little quicker than you are doing though, don't hold the switch in its middle position where it is neither on or off. The noise you are hearing is probably a little arcing as the internal switch contacts break. You could also try getting in touch with other Venice F users and asking their opinion. There is a Midas FB page called Long Live Midas Analogue Consoles and I have seen Venice F users post on there before. We can take a look at the console though at one of our service centres. You will need to fill out a Service Ticket. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Service tab and submit a ticket. A colleague will then get back to you with an RMA number and advise the local service centre to you.
      • Mon at 10:58 PM
  • New
    RLND
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-02

Hi there,

I have owned a Venice 32F for over six years and have it running on a Windows 7 (32 bit) system with a Sinux FWB3414G firewire PCI-e card. It has been working like a charm since day one.

I have now put together a new PC because the old one is on its way out. It has a Windows 10 Pro (64 bit) system and I got a new fire wire PCI-e card by Star-Tech (2 Port PCI Express FireWire Card - PCIe 1394a FireWire Adapter).

I installed the drivers, the card is being recognised by Windows but when I fire up my Venice it is not recognised (I have installed the drivers for the Midas console).

I then tried my old firfewire PCI-e card (Sinux) and it does recognise the console but when I started REAPER the first time and set the sound device to the Midas console Windows popped up a blue window with an error code and restarted Windows.

I tried it a few more times also with another audio program and the PC would just restart.

1. Does anyone know what could be the issue? (Start Tech had drivers to install, Sinux had no drivers to install).

2. Can anyone recommend a firewire card they know is working with Windows 10 (ideally available in Australia)

Cheers, RLND

read more...
    0 4
    • RLND
      Nigel67 Hi RLND, I think your problem is more to do with the driver. Unfortunately Midas support for the Venice F ceased a number of years ago now and there was never a driver released for Windows 10. There are many posts on forums asking if anyone has made the Windows 7 driver work successfully with Windows 10. The only time that I have seen a person answer with a successful outcome was this one, however I have never had anyone else verify it. The post went as follows; 'Downloaded the Win 7 driver. Then right click the .exe file and switch compatibility to Win 7 so now the driver runs in Win 10, thinking its Win 7'. I hope this works for you. If not, then I can only suggest that you search on the internet to see if you can find someone else who has managed to get the driver working. Many thanks
      • May 2
    • RLND
      RLND Thanks a lot Nigel,
      • Tue at 4:31 AM
    • RLND
      RLND ... I tried your tip with the Star-Tech card and it recognises now the console, however, when I start Reaper and switch to ASIO Midas the same scenario happens - blue screen and PC restarts. Meanwhile I read on another forum that there is a difference with different chip sets on firewire cards re Win 10 - some work with Win 10 and some don't. I'll do some further research. Cheers, Roland
      • Tue at 4:35 AM
  • New
    robsimons78
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-28

Hi, I've sent in a parts request for a new FireWire board for my Venice F16 mixer. Can some please come back to me? Would really appreciate getting this mixer working again

CAS-446634-M4P1Z2 

Many thanks

0 7
    • robsimons78
      Dale_M I have asked the Spares Team to assist.
      • Apr 28
      • FireWire board F16
        robsimons78 Thank you. I have been contacted now. I guess before I order a new firewire card, I want to be sure it's not working 100%. I've tried on OSC High Sierra and Catalina, newest drivers, and terminal hack OK. Drivers appear fine, the FireWire lights are green, but no devices found. Do the FireWire lights need to be RED to indicate that it's faulty??
        • Apr 28
      • FireWire board F16
        DavidKnighton Hello robsimons78,
        From my experience, the LED does not change color. It is constantly illuminated during power on. The only true way to know if the firewire chip is gone is by interfacing with a firewire enabled computer running Windows 7 or Mac OS El Capitan or earlier. These are the latest known working and supported operating systems. Any other operating system is not officially supported or tested.
        • ·
        • Apr 28
      • FireWire board F16
        robsimons78 Thanks, that's helpful. I have one more machine with a legacy OSX that I'll try. If that doesn't work then I suppose I have my answer Also, I know it's been pitched a few times before, but an updated Thunderbolt card for these mixers would be a godsend, thousands of Venice owners would jump all over it.
        • Apr 29
  • New
    michaelanthony9357
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-22

Hi all,

I bought one of these mixers in the US that came with a 120V power supply, I now live in Asia where the voltage is 220-240V and I bought an official spare power supply here that says 230V. Would I be able to use this spare power supply for my US-bought device?

Thanks for your help!

read more...
    0 11
    • michaelanthony9357
      DavidKnighton Hello michaelanthony9357,
      looking at the 1202FX, it appears to take an external AC-DC power supply, rather than direct AC mains. I would compare the DC output voltage on the adapters to ensure they are identical.
      • Apr 23
  • New
    lucattani73
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-19

Hi ! 

I'va a problem on my X2442. On stereo channels 9/10 and 11/12 the Gain control doesn't work. If I try to turn fully clockwise, I hear just a white noise increasing, but the source sound doesn't change in level. I've connected a digital piano and a digital synth, no FX enabled. What can I try to verify? The fader controls work fine.

Thanks!  

read more...
    0 14
    • lucattani73
      RexBeckett Hi lucattani, the user manual for the X2442USB seems to explain that the gain control on channels 9/10 and 11/12 only affects the Mic (XLR) input. This is strange but apparently what the designers intended. See attached clipping about the stereo channels from page 8 of the user manual.

If they are spare, you could use channels 13/14 and 15/16 which do have functioning gain controls for line-level inputs. Otherwise you would need to adjust the output level on the source devices.
      • Apr 19
      • Behringer Xenyx X2442 USB - Gain doesn't work on two stereo channels
        lucattani73 Ah... yes, I think it's a strange idea. But.... THANK YOU VERY MUCH RexBeckett
        • Apr 21
  • New
    RickJackson
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-04-16

Hard to find answer to size of the pin of the replacement power supply for Behringer MX400 micromixer. It is 12 V, center +, but No where says the inner or outer diameter of the pin/plug it uses - so hard to order correct replacement.

Rick 

read more...
    0 12
  • New
    MasterMine91
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-15

Hello everyone. i recently bought a Behringer Xenyx 1204 USB and i was trying to install the driver for the mixer for my DAW can anyone help me

0 17
  • New
    SJegorovs
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-15

Hello to all,

where I can find a description,  how I can install the windows software package (Instruments,  hosts...) on my Win 10 PC. The quick Start Guide is very poor,  and a manual I cannot find on the download page. I will by happy for every hint.

Best regards

Svens

read more...
    0 25
    • SJegorovs
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi SJegrovs, the mentioned software package is made up of a DAW(Digital Audio Workstation) and Plugins, how you install the Plugins will vary depending on the DAW being used.
      We would recommend referring to the manual for the DAW you are using for the best guidance on installing the Plugins, if you plan to use the included Audacity DAW their website has some very useful information regarding this. Please see the link below:

https://www.audacityteam.org/download/plug-ins/
      • Apr 15
Go to page