Statistics

250,910 members
128,129 posts
  • New
    kgentertainment
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-09-03

I cant seem to activate/assign bus 9-12 for monitor mixes .

It says :

This output is currently NOT ASSIGNED to any local or analog output connector.Please check XLR tab"

0 18
    • kgentertainment
      Paul_Vannatto Just ignore that message. You can still assign buses 9-12 on the Out 1-16 screen to be used to make up a bank of 8 for other assignments (such as Card, AES50, etc.). What the message is saying is that your X32 only has 8 XLR-M jacks on the back of the console (which is assigned using the XLR Out screen).
      • Sep 3
    • kgentertainment
      kgentertainment

• Sep 3
    • kgentertainment
      kgentertainment

Thanks @Paul_Vannatto...Does the same rules apply when Using the S32 Snake , because that's where I'm having the issue ?

• Sep 3
    • kgentertainment
      Paul_Vannatto Yes, the S32 is connected to the X32 using an AES50 cable. So when you assign the buses 9-12 to outputs 9-12 (on the Routing, Out 1-16 screen), go to the AES50 screen and assign Out 9-16 to the A or B (whichever you are using on the back of the X32) second bank of 8
      • Sep 3
  • New
    vijaymgdg1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-03
    Hello,

I have recently bought Audio Technica T2020 condenser mic
    I have Behringer @502 USB Mixer, which Doesn't have "48v" phantom power instead is has 12V
    I have external 48v Heyden Phantom power

Question:
    I connect my MIC to external 48v Heyden Phantom through XLR cable
    Next --> how do I connect to Behringer USB mixer in order to get the output to PC?

1] Is connection should be through the normal XLR cable I got with Behringer and connect from external 48v Heyden Phantom power in the socket provided in the mixer for mic OR

2]From external 48v Heyden Phantom power to Behringer USB mixer through other source like audio jacks in some other socket ?

Mic-->48v Heyden Phantom power (XLR)-->MIXER(XLR)

OR
    Mic-->48v Heyden Phantom power (XLR)-->MIXER(AUDIO JACK)
    read more...
    0 16
    • vijaymgdg1
      Nigel67 Hi vijaymgdg1. The Heyden unit only supplies 48v, it does not have a mic pre amp in it so you still need to connect to the mic input of the Q502USB. You still require the balanced microphone XLR cable. So your connection will be microphone - Heyden - mIcrophone XLR input on Q502USB. Make sure that the Phantom power is switched off on the Q502USB.
      • Sep 4
  • New
    neiljxs
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-02

So, I'm a new Flow 8 customer, and I'm finding it a great fit for small duo/trio gigs or open mic nights.

---

There's one scenario that I'm finding annoying - I tend to run it with mics and instruments in the first several inputs, and then backing tracks in 7/8.

During a break, I want to mute all the mics/instruments - but leave the tracks playing as break/background music.

Obviously I can do this in the app track-by-track, but that's quite a few buttons presses (or, I could mess around recalling different presets, but I don't want to risk losing my current settings) ... both are doable, but are a bit fiddly in a live environment.

I have the handy physical "mute all" button on the mixer, which is nearly perfect - but that also mutes the tracks.

---

So, my software change suggestion (as my hardware suggestion would be to squeeze on some physical per-track mute buttons!) would be to introduce a new setting of which tracks were exempt from the mute all function. I could then set 7/8 to be mute-all-exempt, and, and the end of a set, just hold "mute all", and that would be perfect.

Of course, if anyone has any idea how to achieve what I want with the existing software, please let me know.

Many thanks!

read more...
    1 16
    • neiljxs
      Nigel67 Hi neiljxs, I will pass your Flow 8 enhancement request on to the design team for discussion. At the present time, your suggestions are the only options available. Many thanks.
      • Sep 2
    • neiljxs
      simsimphony Nice NeilXS!
      • Sep 3
  • New
    MNissola
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-01

Hi can someone help me with this?

Is it possible to add a fader to control the left and right main volumes separately?

Something like the atached image (it's edited).

Thanks!

0 18
    • MNissola
      Paul_Vannatto Unfortunately it is not possible to add separate L and R faders to the main fader for this reason. Every app communicates to the X-Air console using OSC commands. There is only one OSC command (/lr/mix/fader) for the stereo main fader. What you can do though, is adjust the Main LR pan to the left or right to get the desired results.
      • Sep 1
      • XAir X18 LR Volume Control
        MNissola Ok, thanks for the fast reply!
        • Sep 2
  • New
    Jonesy66
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-31

Hey there. 

Can anyone shed some light on the availability of a foot switch to turn off the effects on my Behringer XAir desk? I'm a singer and would like to disable the effects when I speak to the audience without having to grab the iPad. I believe it can be done via the midi port but A) I have no idea how that works or how to do it and B) which switch would be compatible. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks. Alan. 

read more...
    0 16
  • New
    yoMuzicMan
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-08-29

Hi.

I've connected my XR18 to a Windows computer via USB and am recording each track in Reaper.  I'd like to capture the built in channel effects via USB (Gate, EQ, Comp).

In the Windows app, if I navigate to "In/Out" and then "USB Sends", can someone confirm which option I need to select?  Is it "Post EQ", "Post Fader", or something else?

Thanks,

Ron

read more...
    1 24
    • yoMuzicMan
      Paul_Vannatto If you want FX return 1L/1R (first FX return stereo output) to go to Reaper, you would assign those outputs (FX 1L and FX 1R) to a pair of USB sends outputs. I would suggest post-EQ as the taps.
      • Aug 29
    • yoMuzicMan
      yoMuzicMan

I'm only interested in capturing the channel effects Gate, EQ, and Comp for each channel. I'm not interested in the FX busses for reverb, delay, etc. So I need to know the setting to route each channel via USB Sends. Thanks!

• Aug 29
    • yoMuzicMan
      Paul_Vannatto Those aren't termed "effect", rather channel processing. If that is what you want, post EQ will tap after all channel processing and just before the channel fader.
      • Aug 29
  • New
    tsoftechnologie
    Newcomer - Level 3
    2021-08-28

This Discussion is about recording with WING LIVE unto SD Cards larger than 32GB on Behringer Wing.

0 24
    • tsoftechnologie
      Paul_Vannatto I'm not exactly sure what you want to discuss. But you can use SD cards larger than 32 Gb, as long as they are formatted as FAT32. I'm currently using 2 64 Gb cards.
      • Aug 28
  • New
    cheadcase915
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-28

Hello it has been a while, but I cant find a solution. Im running Reaper 6.35 and I installed the latested xr18 driver (4.59.0) Im running analog inputs from 1-11 & 16 armed to record on spearate tracks and USB sends on 12-14 to send backing tracks and clicks to the mixer. I never had this issue up until 2 weeks ago. Before i would record and no problems. Now 9 seconds in it freezes... I can playback and all is well i can even use the ASIO4ALL on the xr18 no issuse. The obly problem with that is i cant get all 18 ins and outs.

read more...
    0 16
    • cheadcase915
      Paul_Vannatto ASIO4ALL can mess up the functioning of the XR18 ASIO drivers. Completely remove ASIO4ALL and it should work fine.
      • Aug 28
    • cheadcase915
      cheadcase915

My CPU doesnt go above 23% and my memory is at 37% but it is still freezing and going i to not responding

• Aug 28
  • New
    Hockeybod
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-26

I recently updated the firmware to V4.06 and I'm not sure I like being out of my comfort zone, but one feature I did like was the facility to save all the console settings as a single .bak file.

Is there the same facility in version 2.05? Saving show or scene files just doesn't work predictably for me, and I seem to lose stuff too often. If I can't save a .bak file in 2.05 are there any tips on how to quickly and reliably save all the settings in one USB drive folder?

read more...
    0 17
    • Hockeybod
      Paul_Vannatto Firmware 2.05 is really old and it does not have the "save all settings" feature which was introduced with the release of firmware 4.0. I would recommend you stay with 4.06 and get use to the new features and interface. It will be well worth your effort. If for some reason you cannot stay with 4.06, Patrick has developed an app to backup the non-scene settings. It is called X32DeskSave and is found here:
      https://sites.google.com/site/patrickmaillot/x32#h.p_ySwjz_5zMHd0
      • Aug 26
    • Hockeybod
      Hockeybod

Thanks. I'll give 4.06 another try and it's good to know about X32DeskSave. One reason for not being sure about 4.06 is that there doesn't seem to be a manual for it which makes it difficult for people who are new to the X32 Compact. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?

• Aug 27
    • Hockeybod
      Paul_Vannatto You are correct that the X32 manual has not been updated for some time. In fact it is actually based on firmware 1.x. But there are numerous youtube instructional videos available for firmware 4.x and we are here to help answer any questions that come up.
      • Aug 27
    • Hockeybod
      whamil There is this page that is about X32Edit, but it is similar on a board, and I almost always also use Edit with a mixer on any show of any size. I like Edit on a touch screen better than the android app. https://survivethegig.com/x32-edit-in-depth/
      • Sep 8
  • New
    DanielNyberg
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-25

I have a X32 and a S16 that both needs new PCBs (non functional AES50 port). I cant find anyone that sell these parts online (not even on ebay). I had a ticket for Behringer sparepart division for two weeks now, but no respons, and no contact information that I can turn to.

How do you get spare parts to your behringer products???   

(Im in Europe)

read more...
    0 21
Go to page