Statistics

305,984 members
190,328 posts
  • New
    Howlwiesound22
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-11-20

Is there a way to send two channels say 1 and 2  to Aux channel one to make it a stereo output? I actually tried and had no luck. It came out mono. And if not would it be possible to write the software to send a signal to pin 2 for left and pin 3 right and 1 for ground. Or is this change that has to be made to the hardware? Or just maybe I totally missed the boat on this one?

read more...
    0 14
    • Howlwiesound22
      Paul_Vannatto You need to stereo link channels 1 and 2 (on the Channel or Input screen - on left side). That will make channels 1/2 a stereo pair. No you can't make one XLR input a stereo input (by sending left to pin 2 and right to pin 3), because the XLR input is a balanced input (pin 1 is shield, pin 2 is signal+, pin 3 is signal-).
      • Nov 20
  • New
    Joso
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-10-26

Hello 

I want to change the channel of the soloing instrument to get a different sound and volume. Is it possible to do this by a midi foot switch during performance without too much delay. I never used midi before, so I need clear instructions. We use a Midas M32 c and the dl 16 Stagebox 

read more...
    0 358
  • New
    donmartell2825
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-10-22

I connect ok and everything works but if I touch the effects icon in the iPad, the screen goes blank and the app closes. New iPads all three updated to latest rev. 

thanks

Don Martell

0 26
    • donmartell2825
      GaryHiggins X32-Mix? If not I suggest trying Mixing Station for iOS. Not sure when X32-Mix was last updated. Mixing Station is updated very often. My bet is an issue exists with the the latest iPad updates.
      • Oct 24
    • donmartell2825
      Nigel67 Hi donmartell2825. I am sorry, but unfortunately this is a software bug that the Software team are aware of and investigating further. There is no release date for a fix at the present time. As Gary mentioned, if this is required urgently or there is no other work around, then you could try using Mixing Station. Many thanks
      • Oct 26
    • donmartell2825
      smball3 I’m having the same issue with my brand new iPad Pro Gen 5. Is there a workaround?
      • Oct 28
    • donmartell2825
      Paul_Vannatto The workaround is to use Mixing Station instead.
      • Oct 28
    • donmartell2825
      donmartell2825

Here’s what fixed this issue finally. I updated my iPads to 16. Now everything works fine. Thanks for the advice everyone.

Don

• Oct 28
  • New
    enzee212
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-09-27

Hello! I hope my question is easily answered.

I am using the Midas M32C along with the DL32 stage box. This rig functions as the “brain” of our live shows supplying our IEM system as well as giving a feed to FOH.

I have the Dante card installed in the M32C.

My issue is that the levels coming of of the Dante card to my DAW are extremely low and do not reflect the gain structure that we have established in M32C as show in M32 Edit. For example, I can see in the Midas software that I am getting a full signal anywhere from -6 to 0db, but when I look at what Dante is sending to my DAW, those numbers are averaging -30 to -20db. 

For my connections, I am going out of the primary port on the Dante card right into my laptop.

Can we assign what feeds the Dante card? Is there a layer of gain structure that I am missing here? Shouldn’t the Dante output reflect what the M32C is showing?

Thank you so much in advance for any help on this frustrating matter. It’s much appreciated!

read more...
    0 20
    • enzee212
      GaryHiggins If you are using local out for card ch’s it may be the issue. Maybe try using something like the p16 menu so that you can get a tap point beyond the input itself. Each p16 ch can be a direct out of each specific ch and you can set the tap to be say post eq or even post fader.
      • Sep 27
    • enzee212
      GaryHiggins Resolved??
      • Sep 29
  • New
    joelittle84
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-09-06

Hi there, 

Just got the MR18 and we love it so far, but it is still new to us.  We control all of our monitor mixes, mostly wireless in-ear, a  powered monitor here and there.  Additionally we like to record our shows to logic, also a pretty easy and power process.  We are trying to figure out our options for when we are bring out our MR18 to a club or even that already has Sound.  We are pretty much maxed out on our Aux sends and can give the mix engineers the LR output, but that is limiting.  Additionally, we are also getting some push back to handing off our tablet and letting them mix the FOH via the app.  Most engineers like their own gear, understandably, and not everyone is on digital gear. So what can we do to get the house sound crew our indivual inputs but still use the MR18 to give us our monitor controls that we like and recordings like we have been making?  I was thinking of some sort of splitter of some sort to send out to any and all sound systems where they can get our inputs, and we can handle our monitors ourselves. But not even sure if they make such products.  Thanks in advance for the help! 

read more...
    0 17
    • joelittle84
      Paul_Vannatto Yes they do make channel splitters, such as the Art S8, Behringer MS8000, etc. I just picked up 2 used MS8000 for that particular purpose.
      • Sep 6
    • joelittle84
      RobDurkin Alan Hamilton has a great video about this on YouTube. https://youtu.be/xT9gTBFxvZk You will likely want to mix your own in-ears and send your split signal to FOH for the engineer to mix you.
      • Nov 12
  • New
    DPenn1000
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-09-05

I have been using two SoF busses for a vocal buss and then an instrument buss with its compression side chained to the vocal buss to make room for the vocals when the vocals present themsleves in a busy mix. I also need 6 auxes as monitor mixes. It occurred to me today that I could repourpose two FX busses serve as the other two monitor mixes. I set it up in the GUI but haven't had time to test it out yet. I'm wondering of it would be better to use the FX busses as the vocal/inst busses and keep the native busses on monitor duty. Any suggestions?

read more...
    0 4
    • DPenn1000
      Paul_Vannatto The problem is that the FX buses are post fader and can't be changed. This will create an issues when repurposing for monitors or submixes. This last weekend I did sound for a Paul McCartney tribute band with 32 inputs (X32 Rack for monitors, Wing for FOH, SD8 and SD16) and did not have to submix vocals and instruments (with sidechain) in order to get the vocals on top of the mix.
      • Sep 5
  • New
    dschutt23
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-07-25

I am using the MAir app on my iPad and I am wondering if it is possible to adjust effects independently between monitors and mains. Right now, when I turn reverb up in mains it turns it up in monitors as well.

0 10
    • dschutt23
      Paul_Vannatto Change the FX Return sends tap from post fader to pre-fade (or any of the other pre fader taps)
      • Jul 25
    • dschutt23
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. When looking at the software you should see you have FX Sends and FX Returns. If you raise the FX Sends it will raise the FX everywhere they are sent. If you raise the FX Returns in the Main mix it should only affect the main mix, and you can use the sends on fader mode to raise the FX Returns to the Busses. The FX Returns should be Green channels labeled FX 1 R, FX 1 L etc.
      • Jul 25
  • New
    jeppeschaumburg
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-30

Hi,

I have some questions regarding the M32C. I'm planning to use it together with some Midas stageboxes, so it can all be put in a rack and placed on stage. The sound engineer should then control the sound from an iPad, a laptop or a compatible control surface/mixer (see question 1).

Please respond to the questions where you have an answer or something relevant to say:

1) The M32C can be connected to and controlled by various compatible control surfaces and mixers. I understand that it could be the various M32 mixers, but what else can it be? Is it only mixers from Midas/Behringer or also from other brands? Can any of the Behringer X-Touch devices (DAW Remote Controllers) be used? I'm happy to get some specific suggestions here.

2) What is the maximum number of return channels in M32C? Our current sound engineer say that it's 16 on a M32R Live mixer, and he uses 8 for some audio effects and then there's 8 left to be used for monitors through the XLR out on the DL32. But since we use in-ear monitors (and prefers a stereo monitor mix), we could easily use more than 8. Is the "25 bus" feature of M32C related to the number of return channels?

3) Can you connect an iPad/iPhone to the M32C using a wi-fi router, without having the M32C connected to a laptop as well? Or is it required to use a laptop for some kind of setup before you can connect an iPad/iPhone?

4) Is it possible to record multitrack to the same computer (for example using Ableton Live) that is used as a mixer for the M32C?

5) The M32C has 40 input channels, and using the DL32 I can connect 32. How to I connect the 8 remaining channels? Do I need to use another stagebox? Or can those 8 channels only be used for the built-in audio interface of the M32C?

Thanks for helping me out!

- Jeppe

read more...
    0 16
    • jeppeschaumburg
      Paul_Vannatto 1. The Midas DL16 and DL32 as well as the Behringer stageboxes are only compatible with the Midas M32 series of consoles and the Behringer X32 series and the Wing. They are not compatible with the Midas Pro series of consoles or any other brand.

2. Returns are called outputs. The M32C has no physical analog outputs. You will require a stagebox to provide these physical outputs. With multiple stageboxes, you can have up to 48 individual outputs (24 on AES50 A and 24 on AES50 B). The M32 itself has 16 mixbuses, 6 matrixes (all mono) and the Main LR that can be assigned to outputs.

3. Yes you can use just a tablet (iPad or android) connected via wifi. But I would highly recommend using a laptop (with M32-Edit) for routing and setup.

4. Yes you can have a laptop control the M32C (via wifi/ethernet) and record to a DAW (via USB) simultaneously.

5. All M32 and X32 can input 38 sources (4 banks of 8 plus 6 Aux In Remap). Channel 39/40 is for USB player. You can add a Behringer SD8 to the DL32 to get the additional 6 inputs.
      • May 30
    • jeppeschaumburg
      KevinMaxwell How many stereo IEM mixes are you looking for.

You said " The sound engineer should then control the sound from an iPad, a laptop or a compatible control surface/mixer" Is this your sound person or are you talking about tying this into a house system and having that person mix on your tablet?
      • May 30
  • New
    JeffBernhardt
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-05-26

Already a weird question, you might be saying. But, I have an M32C with an S32 and they work together PERFECTLY with every Ethernet cable that I have (I have a 150 foot, a 100 foot and a 20 foot). However, I bought a 3 foot one because the M32C and the S32 are in the same case together and it doesn't work (the units won't synch up with each other). I've returned the cable thinking it was defective, but the new one doesn't work, either. I know it sounds like a dumb question, but because all my others work and neither of the 3 foot ones work, it's making me ask if length has something to with it.. THANKS!!

read more...
    0 142
    • JeffBernhardt
      Paul_Vannatto Hey Jeff, no, there is no minimum requirements. Is the 3 foot patch cable shielded and does it have ethercon ends on it? The reason I ask is that without the ethercon ends, the RJ45 end might not be correctly aligned in the RJ45 jack.

Also is it a straight configuration? If it is a crossover configuration, it definitely won't work.
      • May 26
    • JeffBernhardt
      JeffBernhardt

Thanks, Paul! Both of the new 3 foot cables that I bought (which neither work) have ethercon ends. Also, it’s a straight connection with nothing between the M32C and the S32….. Strange that neither of brand new cables worked and that ALL my other cables worked. I even tried a 6 foot non-shielded one that’s for an Internet router and it worked (do worry, I didn’t plug in any microphones or anything else and just wanted to see if the units synched with each other, and they did). I found it hard to believe that two new cables didn’t work and it caused me to have to ask if there’s some sort of issue with such a short length, even though I knew in my gut that there wouldn’t be. With that being said, the new ones are the same brand and model, so I will try something different.

• May 26
    • JeffBernhardt
      Paul_Vannatto Sounds like a matter of poor quality control by the cable manufacturer
      • May 26
    • JeffBernhardt
      Dale_M There should be no problem with short length, we recommend cat5e STP as the approved cable type. As Paul has stated it might just be a bad quality cable.
      • May 27
    • JeffBernhardt
      JeffBernhardt

As suspected, even though two cables in row didn’t work (both were same brand/model), it was the cable all along. Because ALL of my other cables work perfectly, I knew this would be the case). But how strange is it that two identical cables didn’t work. Reputable retailer and reputable cable manufacture, so it was just a fluke (maybe a bad batch run type thing at the factory)…

• May 29
  • New
    ChopperKovach
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-20

I'm getting mixed information here, so it would be great if you could clear this up.  

Here is the configuration:

M32 for FOH (On-Site)  ----   PROVIDED BY VENUE

M32C and DL32 for Monitors (I carry in rack with IEMs)

What is the proper routing configuration for both the FOH and Monitor settings?  

The purpose is to walk in to any venue, and patch in the M32C/DL32 into existing system for IEM and artist control of IEM mixes.

I want to be able to simply plug in the AES to my rack, and provide monitors for my band.   I don't care about rerouting the outputs for mains or moving inputs to the DL-32 if possible.  If I had a 32 handy, i could figure it out, but I'm trying to prep this for someone else.

The information I have found is very confusing and contradicts itself many times.

Thanks in Advance.

read more...
    0 17
    • ChopperKovach
      Paul_Vannatto The M32C has 2 AES50 ports. If you have connected the DL32 (port A) to the M32C Port A, connect the M32 (FOH) to the B port and transfer all A inputs to the B outputs (using the Routing, AES50 screen). For example, on the Routing, AES50 screen assign the following:
      * AES50 B1-8 Outputs -> AES50 A1-8
      * AES50 B9-16 Outputs -> AES50 A9-16
      * AES50 B17-24 Outputs -> AES50 A17-24
      * AES50 B25-32 Outputs -> AES50 A25-32
      • Apr 20
      • M32C as monitor console AND DL32 for monitor outputs.
        ChopperKovach thanks for your response. Here is my point of confusion. Can I configure this so I don't have to re-route inputs and outputs? Also, more confusion occurs as I am trying to understand the setting you are referring to, but not referencing whether it is my IEM M32C or the FOH M32.
        • Apr 21
    • ChopperKovach
      GaryHiggins You can easily share the inputs with that setup. The DL32 is only one of two stage boxes set up to share its preamps between 2 mixers. Keep your M32C connected to the DL32 A port, you will then retain preamp and monitor mix control and any FOH M32 mixing won’t change your set up or alter your gain settings. Connect the B port from the DL32 to FOH M32. They will then have access to all 32 DL inputs too but only have a digital trim for each input ch. They can boost or cut the trim but that won’t change your actual gain settings. One would have to presume they can connect to their own speaker system from the FOH M32 position. Your system should be independent. What you want may be a lot more trouble if no M32/X32 is at FOH.
      • Apr 20
        ChopperKovach Thanks for your response. The intent is that regardless of what the FOH console is, I can take a stage split (monitor) and plug it into the DL32 if necessary. Obviously other than a Dante feed. My confusion comes with understanding how I can make the IEM rack (with M32c/DL32) not require reconfiguring from show to show, but if there is a M32 at FOH, just plug it into my rack and not have to worry about reconfiguring the FOH console. I am not using the last 6 outputs of the DL32, so it can either pass signal from FOH, or they can have a separate feed.
        • Apr 21
        GaryHiggins You would be ok with any x/m32 at foh with the dl32 B port used as I mentioned previously, the DL essentially becomes a splitter by design. Pretty sure you would have to own an analog splitter for use with other manufactures mixers to keep hem out of your kitchen and even then they will surely want some preamp control which might alter your in ear set up when done, Maybe it’s only minimal with luck.
        • Apr 23
Go to page