Statistics

234,327 members
109,993 posts
  • New
    MFROCK
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-13
    In the last 2 months I have received 3 Model Ds with rust and various other defects.
    One from Musicstore, Germany, two from Thomann, Germany.

Is there still a Model D with the great workmanship that everyone talked about 3 years ago anywhere in the world?

What is wrong with Behringer's quality assurance?
    read more...
    0 9
    • MFROCK
      Dale_M Really sorry to hear this has been your experience, can you please send any images details, serial numbers etc in to us on a Support ticket from the tab above above and choose Technical so that we can investigate any quality issues that may be present. Many thanks in advance.
      • Jun 13
      • What is wrong with Behringer's quality control?
        MFROCK

Since these are devices that I have sent back (Musicstore) or complained about (Thomann), I don't know whether I can use the normal service for this at all, as the devices are no longer in my possession.

I have pictures of the defects of all three devices, but only the serial number of the last two Behringer Model D from Thomann; because I wasn't aware that Behringer had a transport and quality assurance problem with the first device from Musicstore.

• Jun 13
    • MFROCK
      Dale_M if you are happy to send me your email address I can at least get all your images and pass them over to the Quality team even if you no longer have the units.
      • Mon at 12:21 AM
  • New
    ottom
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-13

Hi,

I found two isssues with the "Assign Random" funtion on the Crave.

The first is that the number of levels used by this mode is one less than in e.g. ramp mode. If I have a 4 step pattern, only three different levels of CV are send to the assign output. I checked this with a scope. This als is true with other pattern lengths: a  length of 3 will produce two levels and a length of 8 will produce 7 levels etc.

I *think* the number of levels shoud be equal to the number of steps as they are in e.g. ramp mode, right?

The second issue is that sequences of length 9, 17 and 26 (and maybe more) produce repeating patters of the same length. With other sequence lengths the repeating is not there (or the cycle is much longer and so you do not notice it).

I'm using firmware 1.1.2

I'll upload two pictures: one is the assign output in random mode for a sequence of length 4. It shows 3 signal levels.

The second is the levels produces by a sequence of length 9. You can see the repeating pattern.

Any chanche these issues could be fixed with a firmware update?

Thanks, Otto

read more...
    0 5
  • New
    feijai
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-13

I note that the slider #1 of each of the oscillators has much smaller range than slider #2, which in turn has much smaller range than slider #3.  That's fine and interesting, though I wonder if it is the same behavior as on the original 2600 (the original 2600 manual says nothing about different ranges).

However I also note that, on my unit, slider #1 on easy oscillator is somewhat differently calibrated; and likewise each slider #2 is off of the others; and similarly (and especially) each slider #3.  Is there a way to calibrate these sliders to be properly consistent?  The accessible trimpots only calibrate the oscillators proper.

read more...
    0 6
    • feijai
      NicJonesMT Hi Feijai.
      Could you please click Support at the top of the page and submit a technical support ticket?
      From there we can then advise you further.
      • Jun 13
  • New
    feijai
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-11

It'd be fun to have the 2600 respond to velocity (or bend, or aftertouch).  But the unit doesn't these things on any jack, so the only option is to patch in data from some kind of external device intercepting the MIDI data.  YUCK!  May I suggest a very simple firmware tweak?  Can you add a firmware parameter which states that, when in Mono mode only, the Upper Voice jack outputs as CV the value of one of the following:  (1) Note Velocity (2) Pitch Bend (perhaps positive and negative?) (3) Aftertouch or (4) an arbitary MIDI CC.  Note velocity and pitch bend are particularly useful here.  Obviously in Duo mode the Upper Voice jack has an important job; but in Mono mode it's useless and can be conscripted for this task.  This small change would greatly enhance the capabilities of the machine.

read more...
    0 2
  • New
    mitmattchell
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-10

Anyone know if i can find a TD-3 Synth Tool App that is compatible with high sierra 10.13 mac os?

Support said the new Synthtribe 2.5.2 isn't compatible past catalina 10.14

0 3
    • mitmattchell
      PedroRodrigues Hi mitmattchell please consider that using a OSX released in 2017 that Apple stated that does not provide support since the release of Big Sur might not be the best choice to implement the latest version of the Synthtribe 2.5.2 and therefore it may be advisable to update your OSX to avoid any issues. Thank you
      • Jun 10
  • New
    Watermelon
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-07

There is a problem with Deepmind12.

If you switch to a different patch while playing sound, the sound may stay playing. If you keep playing it, the sound may stop in a few minutes, or it may not stop until you turn it off.

The firmware of Deepmind12 has been upgraded to V1.1.2.

I wish that Behringer will solve this problem with developing newer firmware.

read more...
    0 4
    • Watermelon
      NicJonesMT Hi Watermelon.
      Could you please click Support at the top of the page and then scroll down to the Tech support option and submit a ticket.
      We will need to go through some trouble shooting steps with you to try and find the cause of the issue and flag to the development team.
      • Jun 7
  • New
    EthanRupert
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-06

So I recently added a Behringer Poly D synthesizer to my rig and it's much quieter than my other keyboards to the point where I can't get it to cut through a mix without using a boost pedal. Is there a way to boost the keyboard's volume through the system settings or parameters on the back of the keyboard? I've read through the Manuel and it doesn't go in depth. 

I'm also wondering if they sell beefier power supplies for these because the stock supply is very delicate and I'm worried about it holding up on the road. Any help is appreciated!

read more...
    0 4
    • EthanRupert
      NicJonesMT Hi EthanRupert.
      Could you please submit a tech support ticket by clicking on Support above. We can then go through some trouble shooting and advise you further. Please ensure that you confirm how all parameters on the Poly D are set, and any other devices that are connected.
      In most situations a video is extremely helpful as we can then visually and audibly assess whats going on. If you upload it to a file sharing platform (Google Drive/Dropbox/WeTransfer ETC) and then post a direct link to the video in your ticket, we can then download and attach to your case :)

With regard to the powersupply, you could probably get a third party power cable that is a bit thicker, just ensure it is the correct voltage, amps and polarity and you should be fine :)
      • Jun 6
  • New
    MattG082
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-05

I ordered one through Sweetwater and really like it. Got the cutoff put up a bit from 9khz to 15khz. VCOs are all tuned properly from the back, to correspond with front.

However I’m having a very strange issue with the hold button. In basic mode with no fx or anything engaging...After pushing any notes, there is a faint sustain or hold of the note. I have API pres that have plenty of gain. So I ramped it up. Well, it showed up on my VU meters on my Rosetta. So I pushed hold on and off. The low sustained note went away! Pushed a note again, release, and there’s the very low last note I played. I put the arp on, and boom note disappears.

In short, it seems any note I push with hold off, actually holds my last note on all VCOs, but very faint. VCOs are not lit during this issue. You probably wouldn’t hear it in a mix or notice at first. But with silence and headphones, it’s a wtf is going on moment. After testing its obvious something is engaging some kind of hold all the time. That only shuts off if you engage arp on then off, or hold on and off to go away.

One user told me it’s possible VCA bleed happening. Which seems to be common with analog synths. Some need to be calibrated, if not done at factory. I’ve not messed with a VCA before. So I’m not sure if I’m turning it on the back till the noise bleed disappears. I just don’t want to effect anything else. As I can see tuning, and the Filter Cutoff on an EQ for basic calibration. Not so much with this. It’d really be going by ear.

The ARP on, seems to gate the noise even when playing a single note and not sustaining. So that is the only place, it’s not showing up as an issue.

Any other owners with this issue? Or experienced synth owners that would have an idea? Everything else with this synth is great!

Edit: Also noticed when setting any of the 4 VCOs to Pule Width or PW. It’s gone until I turn up the Pulse Width knob. Then it comes back unless set to 0. So seems it’s bleeding into all wave forms. Unless it’s in ARP mode. No bleed in ARP mode on single notes not sustaining. So that part seems fine weirdly, and not effected. It’s mostly noticeable more on high notes, and different wave forms that are brighter...well it’s way more prevalent.

read more...
    0 13
  • New
    JohnnyBee
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-06-01

Did ask a question via the service but it showed as "answered" without an answer so; just want to order a spare case if possible.

Thanks.

0 9
  • New
    warrenlain
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-01

I am getting no signal from oscillators 1-3. But the A-440 is loud and clear. The noise circuit also doesn't put out a signal. I've tried using the High and Low Z outputs, the headphone out, and the tiny 1/8" (CV?) audio out. None of them work. I've tried setting the MIDI channel to 1 or 2 using the dipswitches, it doesn't seem to matter. And the MIDI controller I'm using is able to function as an external MIDI controller for my DAW/VSTs. I even tried using two different 5-pin MIDI cables in case it was my controller/MIDI cables... I'm wondering if my Model D is dead?

read more...
    0 12
    • warrenlain
      NicJonesMT Hi WarrenLain.
      Please click support at the top of the page and submit a technical support ticket. From there we can try and identify the cause of the issue.
      • Jun 1
Go to page