Statistics

216,614 members
89,867 posts
  • New
    sudocat
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-04

The last FW update for the odyssey was one year ago, when will we be able to clock the sequencer/arp via the external trig in like we can on the MS-101 ?  Thank you Behringer!

0 9
  • New
    Ensichei
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-04

Hi I bought my first two hardware synths the neutron and model d. The neutron arrived the day before yesterday, the model d still does not arrive. I noticed a distortion in the filter with resonance approaching halfway through the pot.

Also always with resonace ranging from half and over when I use the cutoff pot I hear crackling noises.

I have also noticed that sometimes the pwm's pots also work on all waves and not just on the preset ones. Should I send it back?

Ps: sorry i'm not good with english and i used google translate :(

read more...
    0 23
  • New
    Meborrh
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-03

Hello, i have the problem that whenever i press play  on my daw with the Poly D on external sync mode the arpegiator sequencer starts playing on its own, i also own a Crave and on the Crave the software allows me to disable the sequencer sync and problem solved, but i do not find the option for the Poly D and i cant figure out  how to solve this, i just want to sync to tempo to eventually press play if i so decide to and be in sync but i do not want it to start as soon as i press play on my daw.

Any way around this?

read more...
    0 25
  • New
    shtst1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-02

Unless I am missing something, there doesn't seem to be a voltage input for controlling the rate of the Neutron's internal LFO. Am I, indeed missing something? Is this something that can be added onto the next round of firmware update, i.e a setting capability that will reroute some other input to the rate of the LFO?
    THANKS!
    Sam

read more...
    0 17
    • shtst1
      shtst1 Sorry, I wasn't specific enough in my question. I know that there is an lfo voltage input, but its effect is to *sweep* the lfo rate. Is there any way to use an external voltage source as a *clock* to lock the Neutron's lfo to a specific exact tempo.
      • Jan 3
    • shtst1
      LariosoDog There is midi clock sync, manual says how to activate external sync and how lfo rate do divider of clock
      • Jan 7
      • Neutron lfo input
        shtst1 Thank you, but what I'm interested in is a *voltage* clock control, for example from the output of a korg volca unit.
        • Jan 7
  • New
    CSurieux
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-12-31

Hi,

The Crave documentation shows that the ASSIGN output could be 0/5V or -/+5V.
    But there is nothing more on the subject.
    Is it something related to what is set for the ASSIGN patch output ? CC or something else ?
    Or is it something we can change  and how ?

I selected CC7 for ASSIGN, expecting the generated CV to be -/+5V, but it seems to be 0/+5V because when I plug ASSIGN output to VCA patch input and send CC7 the final output volume change but never totally reach 0= No volume ???

Further more the Sequencer and Arpegiator volume are not changed ??
    Bug ?

read more...
    0 35
  • New
    free-variation
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-12-30

Hello,

I have found that I have to really pound the black keys to get the same accent as on the white keys (currently set to its default of 96).  Is this a hardware issue requiring servicing?

Thanks.

0 10
  • New
    CSurieux
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-12-30

Hi,
    Is it normal that the VCA CV input have no complete action on VCA /Line output ?
    It is my first problem.

I first started using ASSIGN output and patched it into VCA CV input, I selected CC7 for ASSIGN value, then send on Crave midi USB input CC7 from an external expression pedal connected to a midi controller.
    The output volume was modified but there was always some output note playing, even after sending a CC7 with value 0.

Then I changed my strategy and used a midi to CV adapter (Doepfer Dark Link) converting midi CC7 to CV and patching with this the VCA CV input.

But no success : the volume increases or decreases with CC7 values but when I set the value to zero and send a midi note there is still an output ???

My second problem is that VCA CV input has no effect on sequencer or arpegiator ???
    Is this normal ?

Is the only option to control Crave output volume to use a Volume pedal on it's output ? No way to use midi ?

read more...
    0 26
  • New
    aktivomat
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-29

Hello!

I get a really annoying Digital-Noise (quite gently but audible) when my Pro-1 is connected via USB to my Computer. In the moment I disconnect the USB Cable the noise disappears. I also have a K-2 and a TD-3 which I connected with exact the same setting (same, cables, same inputs, same power-plug)  and here I don't have the problem. So is it a specific problem with this synth or do I have a faulty model?

Thank you very much for your help!

read more...
    0 20
    • aktivomat
      RobbyWingfield Hi Ivo! This is Robby with Music Tribe. Have you tried using a USB cable with a ferrite bead? If you have and the problem still persists please submit a Technical Support ticket by clicking on Support above.
      • Jan 5
    • aktivomat
      aktivomat hello,

thank you for your reply. it occurs on every constellation. but usb hum seems to be a common issue with many synths. i was just confused that it is lot more audible with the pro one than with the k2. so i gave a usb isolator a chance and this little tool did the job. sad to purchase a further tool to make it work proper but ok…

kind regrads,
      ivo
      • Jan 30
  • New
    Rhyot
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-27

Hey gang, few questions:

Preface: MIDI out to Poly D via USB cable, audio back in through an i/o. Track and Sync enabled on Live's MIDI Output setup pane. 

1.) Is there an LFO Sync option with the Poly D? I've configured MIDI Sync which appears to only have effect over the sequencer module on the synth. I'd like to send MIDI notes from Live to the Poly D, and have the LFO be in sync with the DAW, i.e., LFO plucks, or whatever, then record that into the software. I also have the Moog Sub Phatty, and there's an option to enable LFO Sync, where the knob moves between synced steps, such as 8/1, 4/1, 2/1, 1/1, 1/2, 1/4 etc, with trips and dots as you turn the LFO knob. Poly D doesn't seem to have that capability, unless I'm missing something. 

2.) With Output Sync enabled on Live's MIDI setup, the sequencer basically goes on steroids even if I'm really not using it, and then I actually run into the synth playing a note I'm not sending, and then skipping the notes as the looping midi clip comes back around. It plays on ARP mode properly, but well, only for single notes, because alas, we're in ARP mode. I've only been able to successfully track MIDI > Audio by having Track Output enabled, but Sync Output disabled. 

In the software, I can find the MIDI USB option for Clock Source, and that's great for sequencer stuff, but I really only plan to use this as a recording synth, sending midi and note information to the synth in whatever form I hope to get it back to the DAW, not playing much if ever with the arp/sequencer. What I really need is for the LFO to sync to the DAW, play the notes it's told to play, and sound great. That's it. 

Any ideas? 

Thanks!

read more...
    0 27
    • Rhyot
      RobbyWingfield Hi Garrett, this is Robby with Music Tribe. I've spent some time researching this for you. Could you please submit a support ticket above so I can help you in more detail? Thanks
      • Jan 5
      • Poly D & Ableton Sync // LFO
        Pelao17 Hi Robby, I have exactly the same questions. It would be great if you could help me with this. Cheers
        • Feb 28
  • New
    STUGATS
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-25

Hey there, im making this post because im running into the issue of my td-3 slowly getting more out of sync the longer it plays. it starts out at 1/32 and a half out of sync but it gets up to 1/16 note out of sync. ive been messing around with the settings in ableton but it doesnt fix it. its connected by a USB cable for midi and connected to a scarlett2i4 audio interface to get it to my computer.

how can i get it to sync properly?

read more...
    2 9
Go to page