Statistics

196,365 members
66,946 posts
  • New
    2020-11-12

Hi!

I just bought a TC Helicon Perfomance VK and I would like to know how to do the connections on a digital soundcraft ui16 soundboard. 

I'm using my keyboard Roland FA-O6B with an inhalambric Shure microphone. I'm an amateur singer and piano player at church. 

I love the Perfotmance VK, works great for our small church, but I don't know how to do the connections correctly...

Anyone can help me? 

Valeria (From Barcelona)

read more...
    0 11
    • Valeria Juez
      Chris Edwards Hi Valeria, please take a look at the attached photo of the setup diagram from the user manual (this can be downloaded here https://www.tc-helicon.com/product.html?modelCode=P0DEE). Where the mixer is placed circled in red would be your ui16, you will simply need to run from the L&R outputs of your Perform VK into 2 of the combo inputs on the ui16. Hope this helps.
      • Nov 12
    • Valeria Juez
      Pedro Rodrigues Hi Valeria the TC Helicon Perfomance VK should be connected as you can see on the picture, I hope this helps
      • Nov 12
  • 2020-09-30

Does anyone know if the TC Helicon Voice Live Play will work well plugged into a guitar amp input?  The vocal processor has two independent XLR outputs, one for the acoustic guitar and one for the voice mic. I'm running into a Fender twin Ultimate Chorus amp which had two 1/4 inputs as well as stereo FX input/ outputs. Any help would be much appreciated. 

read more...
    0 15
    • Daniel Hadley
      David Knighton Hi Daniel Hadley,
      The Voicelive Play has a balanced Left and Right outputs at line level. You could plug this into a guitar amp using an XLR to 1/4" adaptor, but the guitar input on the amp is going to be unbalanced, so you may experience noise or level differences if the adapter isn't properly terminated. A guitar amp is probably not the best choice for a vocal anyways, because they don't usually have tweeters in them, so your vocal will probably sound muddy. Best approach would be to use a proper 2-way speaker with a dedicated balanced Line input.
      • Sep 30
  • 2020-07-09
    Hello, I would like to use the SINGTHING as a vocal-monitor on stage and I have three questions: 1) In an english description I read: “Easily send your vocals to the main sound system, with or without the built-in processing and effects". Is this correct or possible? 2) Is the output level value of the monitor box as “big” as the output level value of a “normal” dynamic microphone? 3) Or is the FX 150 Voice Solo the better choice as a vocal monitor on stage?
    read more...
    0 30
    • Christoph Schön
      William Reichling Hello, The sing thing is a great choice to use as a personal stage monitor. The main xlr out would send exactly what you hear to the main out, All of the inputs (voice, instrument, and aux) are mixed together and sent out as a mono signal via this output. If you don't want effects on the mains out, you would turn them off. You can't have it effected on the monitor and dry on the mains or vice versa. You can do that with the FX150 as it has a thru output if you want to send a mic signal to something unaffected.
      • Jul 9
    • Christoph Schön
      William Reichling https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8m_lcRcpJA&list=PLR6Yp1ynH1xeeGB9ifrVOCJ8DQWlirUoB&index=2
      • Jul 9
    • Christoph Schön
      William Reichling https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZdU6LoWfs4&t=98s
      • Jul 9
    • Christoph Schön
      William Reichling I have attached our video manual for the Sing Thing and the FX150 which would go through all the features.
      • Jul 9