Statistics

298,482 members
182,089 posts
  • New
    chutney30th
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-09-23

Hello I am very new to using pedals! So please please take into consideration I may sound super simple. 

I have the original TC helicon voice live touch. 

I am going on tour soon so just brought one of these. My voice is super auto tuned in my songs so I thought hard tune would be perfect, except I can't seem to find where I can set hard tune to a specefic kEy. 

however I did find specific keys in harmony. But it doesn't seem to work with the hard tune as maybe the specific key is just for when you using harmony's.

does anyone know how to help, please please explain things to me as dumb as u can. 

best 

and thank you 

read more...
    0 9
    • chutney30th
      Mastrofm Can someone please tell me what ipad mini will download the Xair app to work with the Xair16? I download the app but it does not recognize the xair. Thank you in advance.
      • Fri at 8:16 AM
      • TC helicon voice live touch (1)
        PedroRodrigues Hi Mastrofm, for any questions please make a post and do not request information as a reply to someone else's post. More please bear in mind that you are requesting information for a Behringer unit on the TC HELIOCN page. Please post your question on the Behringer page. Thank you
        • 12 hours ago
    • chutney30th
      PedroRodrigues Hi chutney30th, thank you for your post, please ponder that you can enter a key and scale when you a) know the key of the song you are singing and b) have a pitch reference to sing along with such as an instrument or mixed music. Choose a preset such as #3: Tuned Up + Down to hear the effects.

To enter the Harmony key and scale of your song:

1. Hold the Harmony button to enter its edit menu.
      2. Press the arrow buttons until you locate the Key: menu.
      3. Slide along the Slider to choose the key.
      4. Tap the right arrow to enter the Scale: menu.
      5. Slide to choose a Major scale e.g. M1, M2, M3 or a minor scale e.g. m1, m2, m3.Try each scale for best fit with your music.

Now, sing the song with your accompaniment. By default, the key and scale you set will remain in effect for all harmony presets.
      If you prefer to save different keys for presets, turn the Key/Scale Gbl parameter in the Setup menu to Off.

Please note that regarding Custom scales: Scale customization is not possible in Touch.

Some presets ported from VoiceLive 2, e.g. those with “Drone” in the name, will show Cu for scale.

This indicates the scale is custom, though it cannot be edited further in VoiceLive Touch. I hope this clarifies this matter. Thank you
      • 12 hours ago
  • New
    Hutchball
    Contributor - Level 1
    2022-09-23

Hi, is there a setting so that the harmoniser only activates when the pedal is depressed? (non latching)

1 1
    • Hutchball
      kiskadar69 I don't think there is such a setting on H1. Maybe TC-Helicon will include it in a future firmware version.
      You can use the non-latching mode with these, for example:
      - TC-Helicon Harmony Singer (cons: fixed scales cannot be selected)
      - TC-Helicon Harmony Singer 2 (cons: fixed scales cannot be selected, pros: power input 9VDC =pedalboard friendly)
      - TC-Helicon VoiceLive Play plus Switch-3
      - TC-Helicon VoiceLive Play GTX plus Switch-3
      - TC-Helicon Play Acoustic plus Switch-3
      - TC-Helicon Play Electric plus Switch-3

If you want to use the H1 anyway, here's a workaround:
      Step 1. Set the DRY/WET potentiometer of the H1 to full WET. This way only the harmony will appear on the XLR output. The H1 harmony function should always be On.
      Step 2. Plug your mic into some kind of splitter (active splitter, or a small mixer). The original vocal will be on one of the outputs of the splitter.
      Step 3. Connect the other output of the splitter to the XLR input of the H1, and enable this connection with a momentary switch.
      • Fri at 5:32 AM
  • New
    Mikeaux
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-09-21

Hi,

Is there any way to send midi tempo values from Microsoft Word to the Voicelive 3 Extreme to set tempo?  I use Microsoft Word files for my lyrics, and when I open up the individual song files, I'd like to have a tempo setting in each song file with individual tempo values to be sent automatically via USB midi to my Voicelive 3 Extreme, automatically setting the tempo.  Is that possible?  If not, is there a way around it?  I'm using Windows 10 Pro.  Any help is definitely appreciated.  Thanks.

read more...
    0 2
  • New
    orpheus70
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-09-21

Ayuda por favor!!!como conectar a ordenador!!!He probado con 2 ordenadores diferentes.......nada.....todo igual

read more...
    1 4
  • New
    Jesuton5
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-09-20

Hi all, 

I have not been able to find any definitive instructions for midi program changes to link my VoiceLive 3 Extreme to my Widi Master. 

Midi signals are definitely being sent by Bandhelper, confirmed by Midi Log. 

The Widi Master is definitely receiving the Midi signal, confirmed by blinking LED. 

The Widi Master also blinks when I press buttons on the VL so not a Widi Master issue. 

Midi Wrench also confirms that the Midi signals are being sent and received by Widi Master. 

The only thing left to really double check are the Midi Program Change Values I put in.

I've only been able to find instructions on message boards and YouTube videos so it's a bit frustrating to be honest, and difficult to pinpoint what the issue could be. 

Here's an example of what Midi signal I'm  sending to change the VL3X preset:

EASY ON ME - Preset number 257.

I therefore entered:
    BANK MSB 0
    BANK LSB 2
    PROGRAM 0

I also tried 
    BANK MSB 000
    BANK LSB 002
    PROGRAM 000

... but the preset still doesn't change.

Would appreciate any assistance with this! 

A link to official instructions or a bunch of examples cos I'm out of ideas!

Thanks very much.

read more...
    0 7
    • Jesuton5
      PedroRodrigues Hi Jesuton5, thank you for your post, please ponder that the MIDI implementation in VL3 is essentially the same as the VoiceLive 2…
      There can be up to 500 presets loaded into a VoiceLive 3, and it’s possible to navigate between these presets with an external controller sending MIDI Control Change (“CC”) and Program Change (“PC”) messages. The VoiceLive 3 can receive CC and PC messages via MIDI from sources like keyboards, footswitches, DAWs, and more. For the controlling device to send a MIDI message to VL3 it needs to be using the same MIDI channel as the VL3, typically this is channel 1 but you’re welcome to change it.
      Also make sure you aren’t misusing the MIDI input filters and ensure that the MIDI input is set to be either “USB” (for the USB-mini input) or “MIDI Ports” (for the 5-pin MIDI input) depending on how you're connecting. These settings can be changed in VL3’s “Setup” menu, on the “MIDI” tab.

To change Presets via MIDI, first tell the VL3 which Bank to look in, then tell it which Preset in that Bank you want to change to.
      Bank select: To specify the desired bank, issue an LSB Bank select message (CC#32) with a value of 0-3.
      Preset Select: After specifying the Bank, issue a PC Preset select message with a value of 0-127.

MSB LSB VL3Bank Program Change (PC) VL3 Preset #
      0 0 0 0-127 1-128
      0 1 1 0-127 129-256
      0 2 2 0-127 257-384
      0 3 3 0-115 385-500

The internal number associated with a Preset isn’t exactly what you see on the VL3’s screen, they’re actually all off by 1. This is because internally the list of Presets actually starts at an index of 0. This means that 0 = Preset #1, 1 = Preset #2, 2 = Preset #3, etc. It’s like your presets are saved from 0-499 but are displayed as 1-500.

There are 4 Banks in VL3, and each Bank contains 128 Presets. Therefore the Preset selection number that goes to VL3 needs to be between 1 and 128. So for a Preset above 128, you need to subtract the number of the first Preset in the same Bank to get the MIDI Program Change info.

The 9-digit message for changing to a preset is in the format of:

MSB LSB PC#
      Or, you can first send a CC#32 of the Bank you’re looking in, then a PC value of the Preset you want.
      Here are some examples:
      Preset #5 would be: 5 - 1 = 4
      000 000 004
      or CC#32 value 0, then PC 4
      Preset #100 would be: 100 - 1 = 99
      000 000 099
      or CC#32 value 0, then PC 99
      Preset #208 would be: 208 - 129 = 79 (because Preset #208 is in Bank 1, which starts at Preset #129)
      000 001 079
      or CC#32 value 1, then PC 79
      Preset 259 would be: 259 - 257 = 2
      000 002 002
      or CC#32 value 2, then PC 2
      Preset 322 would be: 322 - 257 = 65
      000 002 065
      or CC#32 value 2, then PC 65
      Preset 491 would be: 491 - 385 = 106
      000 003 106
      or CC#32 value 3, then PC 106
      Preset 500 would be: 500 - 385 = 115
      000 003 115
      or CC#32 value 3, then PC 115

When you try to address a Preset that does not exist (either an empty spot or one outside the 1-500 range), there is no built-in warning system, VL3 just won’t do anything. So if you can see the “MIDI” indication on the VL3 appearing when you send commands, but are not getting the Preset to change, ensure you’re not referencing an empty or non-existent Preset location.

If that all seems too complicated for you, consider using Steps instead of Presets. Steps are essentially Presets within a Preset, and you can have up to 10 Steps all in the same Preset. If your current Preset contains the Steps you’ll be using, it just takes a single CC message to choose your Step…
      CC 115 = Step
      Value represents Step Number, i.e. 1 = Step 1, 2 = Step 2, etc.
      So sending a CC#115 with a value of 2 will take you to the second Step in your current Preset.

Sources:
      https://kb.musictribe.com/musickb/view/article/tch/en_US/VoiceLive-3-Selecting-Presets-and-Banks-via-MIDI-228155247

https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/6-what-msb-lsb-refer-for-changing-banks-andprograms/

https://forum.musictribe.com/showthread.php?14591-Midi-PRESET-Change&highlight=voicelive+preset+change+midi

https://forum.musictribe.com/showthread.php?15866-Voice-Live-3-Set-List-Maker-on-iPAD&highlight=voicelive+preset+change+midi

I hope this helps.

Thank you
      • Tue at 11:31 PM
    • Jesuton5
      Jesuton5

Hello Pedro, thanks for your response. Your message is a copy of one made by you elsewhere on this message board, and actually the only instructions I was able to find. This to say that I have yes attempted to follow these instructions but have not been able to make them work. Would you be so kind as to check the example I gave of preset 257 and show me what it should in fact be, and let me know where I'm going wrong? This is
      of course for Program Changes. As for the Command Changes alternative, there are only two fields to fill in on Bandhelper ('controller' and 'value') but your instructions above include three pieces of information, (eg CC#32, value 3, PC 115) so please clarify this also if possible please. Finally, I am unable to use steps as I have created individual presets for backing track playback, this is the basis of my show. Looking forward to hearing back from you. Thanks P.S As another user also alerted,the links at the end of your response no longer work. Best wishes

• Wed at 12:52 AM
    • Jesuton5
      kiskadar69 @Jesuton5: read pages 151-152 of the TC-Helicon VoiceLive 3 Reference Manual. On the VoceLive 3 SETUP / MIDI tab: set the Source parameter, set the Input Channel to 1 (because I see that BandHelper sends on channel 1), and set the Input Filter parameter so that VoiceLive 3 filters out neither CC (Control Change) nor PC (Program Change) messages.
      I'm not familiar with the BandHelper program, but the messages it sends seem to be correct.
      • Wed at 6:32 AM
    • Jesuton5
      Jesuton5 Hi @kiskisdar69, thanks so much for your reply and for your suggestions! Yes I can confirm that I've definitely reviewed those pages. INPUT channel has always been set to 1. OUTPUT Channel is also set to 1, is this correct? I have also tested setting to 2. And yep, INPUT and OUTPUT Filters definitely set to NONE. Still no joy sadly.
      • Wed at 8:13 AM
    • Jesuton5
      kiskadar69 Jesuton5: test WIDI Master MIDI Out and VoiceLive 3 MIDI In separately. For testing, get a notebook/computer with a reliable USB-MIDI interface (or ask someone who has one).
      1. Connect the MIDI Out of the WIDI Master to the MIDI In of the notebook and monitor the MIDI messages coming into the notebook.
      2. Connect the MIDI Out of the notebook to the MIDI In of VoiceLive 3 and use the notebook to send Bank Select MSB, Bank Select LSB and Program Change messages.
      • Thu at 12:03 AM
  • New
    garubi
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-09-20
    A few days ago I started using a Voicelive Play and so far I like its effects and overall usability.
    Anyway I'm missing some sort of parametric EQ or low cut filter...
    In fact I'm using the Voicelive not for my voice but to apply effects to an accordion and would like to "cut" the low end up to 200Hz to filter out the keys' "thumb".
    Previously I used and old Digitech WX400 and it has a 3 band parametric EQ very basic but it did the job.
    Now I can't find anything similar in the Play... I'm looking in the wrong place?
    Thank you
    read more...
    0 2
    • garubi
      PedroRodrigues Hi garubi, thank you for your post, please ponder the only tool that offers EQ, Compression and Gate on the Voicelive Play is the Tone Style. That applies varying amounts of Adaptive EQ, Compression and Gate.

There are 9 styles to choose from:

1. OFF – No Tone Style is applied.
      2. NORMAL – Some “bottom”, “mid” and “air” EQ , light compression and minor gating (when
      the input level gets low enough, the input is muted) is applied to the signal.
      3. LESS BRIGHT – Similar to Normal, but with less emphasis on high frequency EQ.
      4. NORM+WARMTH – Similar to Normal, with a small “mid bump” to add some warmth to the
      voice.
      5. MORE COMP – Utilizes the Normal EQ and Gating settings, but with more aggressive compression settings. This is a good setting to try if you have a large dynamic range when singing
      and want to keep your levels under control.
      6. NORM NO GATE – Removes the Gate function from the normal setting. This means that even
      at very low input levels, the mic is still active or “hot”.
      7. LESS BRIGHT NG – The same as Less Bright, but with the Gate function removed.
      8. WARMTH NG – The same as NORM+WARMTH, but with the Gate function removed.
      9. MORE COMP NG – The same as MORE COMP, but with the Gate function removed

For more information on this unit, please follow the link below:

https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0DEH

Thank you
      • Tue at 11:41 PM
    • garubi
      garubi

Hi Pedro, thank you for your help. I'll try that settings, thank you. As a suggestion (or feature request) I think that even a fixed "low cut" setting, on/off could be useful in many cases, for example to cut out the noises when the singer handles the mic etc...

• Wed at 1:22 AM
  • New
    helenane
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-09-20

Hello,

I managed to record the vocals from Voicelive 3 into my DAW, thanks to your advices. Thanks a lot. 

But I still don't understand a particular function that you mentioned: "If you want to essentially use your VoiceLive 3 as a USB hardware plugin with your DAW, we recommend using the DAW INSERT input mode and the SAME AS XLR output mode, with the XLR Output Mode set to Dual Mono."

What exactly means using Voicelive 3 as a plugin for vocals, does it mean to apply the Voicelive 3 effects, to the dry vocals that are already recorded in my DAW? Like I use any other vocal effect from Logic, for example?

Because with all the above mentioned settings, this thing is not possible:) In fact, with all the above mentioned settings made, I can't hear any sound going out from Voicelive 3 or comming in from my DAW. 

read more...
    0 3
  • New
    helenane
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-09-20

Hello and many thanks,

Thanks to you, I managed to update and integrate my new TC Helicon Voicelive 3 with Logic. 

But I'm still experiencing a lot of latency, while using my Voicelive 3 in (input) USB stereo mode and (output) USB output stereo. 

Do you know if this latency can be reduced? Can I try to make another parameter adjustment in Voicelive 3, or in my DAW?

Or should I use also, besides the USB audio cable, an XLR connection between Voicelive 3 and my audio interface? (Although I understood that UBS audio is the best connection to a DAW.)

Thanks. 

read more...
    0 4
    • helenane
      PedroRodrigues Hi helenane, thank you for your post, please make sure that the sample rate on your DAW matches the sample rate on the VOICELIVE 3, 16 bit / 48 kHz.
      When it comes specifically to latency you will need to have in to consideration if you are using a Mac or a Windows computer because on Windows computer you will have the drivers transporting the audio from the sound card to the CPU of the computer and them from the CPU of the computer to the sound card again and from there to the speakers.
      In a case of a Mac is different because Mac uses core audio device.

You also need to consider when addressing latency, the following:

The computer CPU speed.
      Audio interface quality.
      The type of connection. USB/FIREWIRE.
      The compatibility driver/operating system/ DAW.
      The amount of buffering selected on the DAW, measured in samples.

Increasing the buffering size gives the computer more type to respond to the audio, per example when you are using plug ins like the ones that you have stated, this is very important but also slows the response of the all system.

All these points can be addressed to decrease latency issues, but this scenario will also create less stability for your system.

Latency can be proportional to:

The number of audio channels used

Number of Plugins used
      Sample Rate
      Bit Depth
      Amount of Memory
      Processing Power

I hope this helps

Thank you
      • Tue at 11:58 PM
  • New
    helenane
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-09-17

Hello,

I want to record my Voicelive 3 vocals with their wonderful effects into my DAW (Logic or Ableton).

So, I have my Voicelive 3 connected to my iMac via the USB plugin. And I also have the Voicelive 3 VOICE channels mono/dry connected via XLR plugins to my audio interface (a Scarlett 2i2).

But I have the follosing issues:

1. VoiceLive 3 is not showing up as a selectable audio device in my DAW (any of them, Logic or Ableton); it only shows up as a MIDI device.

2. Even though, Voicelive 3 can send the audio signal into my DAW and I am able to record it. But the audio signal has no Voicelive 3 effects applied on it, it's completly dry. And the signal's latency is extreme. 

Can you help me with some advice? Did anyone have these problems? Could they be fixed?

Or should I choose a Voicelive 3 Extreme instead of Voicelive 3, because it simply works better and easier with a DAW?

Thanks a lot. 

read more...
    0 13
    • helenane
      PedroRodrigues Hi helenane, thank you for your post,please be aware that upon release VoiceLive 3 did not support USB audio, this feature was added in an update (Build 336 - 9/2/2015). If you haven’t already, please use our VoiceSupport 2 application to update your VL3 to the latest available firmware.
      A USB audio connection is established through the USB-mini port in the back of your VoiceLive 3 connect that to your computer using the included USB cable, same as you would for a firmware update. User-added image. USB audio in VoiceLive 3 only supports 2 channels
      This means you unfortunately cannot do crazy multitracking with simultaneous separated auxiliary, backing track, stereo vocal, and stereo guitar channels. But we have included multiple modes for different uses to make the most of these 2 channels.
      There are three different input modes for VoiceLive 3 to receive USB audio from your computer, which are selectable in the Setup menu on the Input tab under the USB Mode parameter:

STEREO USB audio from your computer is received with its panning intact, as a stereo signal. Incoming USB audio competes with the backing track player (Extreme only), and levels can be edited in the VoiceLive 3's "Mix" menu. USB output back to your computer is locked to a full stereo mix (wet vocals and wet guitar together)
      DAW TRACKING Incoming USB audio is stereo and one-way, as in VoiceLive 3 does not return the USB audio coming from your computer back into the computer
      DAW INSERT For applying VoiceLive 3's effects to dry audio from your computer. USB audio received from your computer is expected to be panned - audio panned left will go through VoiceLive 3s vocal path, and audio panned right will go through VoiceLive 3s instrument path

There are also a couple output modes for how your VoiceLive 3 sends its audio (your vocal and guitar signals) into your computer, which are selectable in the Setup menu on the Output tab under the USB Output Mode parameter:

STEREO USB audio output to your computer is a stereo mix of wet vocals and wet guitar
      SAME AS XLR The two left and right USB audio channels (1 and 2 respectively) sending to your computer mimic the two main XLR outputs from the VoiceLive 3
      DRY VOX L / GUITAR R Mono dry vocals are sent to your computer on channel 1, and mono dry guitar is sent to your computer on channel 2

If you want to essentially use your VoiceLive 3 as a USB hardware plugin with your DAW, we recommend using the DAW INSERT input mode and the SAME AS XLR output mode, with the XLR Output Mode set to Dual Mono.
      With this setup, audio from your DAW panned left will be fed through VoiceLive 3s vocal path and back out wet in mono to channel 1, and audio from your DAW panned right will be fed through VoiceLive 3s guitar path and back out wet in mono to channel 2.
      On Windows machines, VoiceLive 3 is not compatible with ASIO drivers. We recommend using a native Windows driver like DirectSound, WaveOut, or Wasapi, which of the two gives you the lowest latency.
      If your VoiceLive 3 is not showing up as a selectable audio device in your DAW, please see this page.
      On Mac computers, VoiceLive 3 is class compliant and does not require additional drivers. I hope this helps. Thank you
      • Sep 18
    • helenane
      helenane Hi Pedro.
      Thanks a lot for your advices. I think that I now have a better idea about how it's working, But I still have 2-3 questions if you are still available:
      1. Unfortunately the VoiceSupport 2 application that I installed from the official webpage does not work - ERROR: VoiceSupport is unable to load required control files. I understand that is a general problem with the app running on Mac, that Helicon already made a change, but for now only for Windows, and I'm using a Mac. SO I AM NOT ABLE FOR NOW TO UPDATE TO THE NEW FIRMWARE, ALLOWING MY VCL3 TO SUPPORT USB AUDIO - I think this is also the reason why in my INPUT tab I don't see THE USB MODE PARAMETER, it's simply missing, and also in my OUTPUT tab menu I don't have the USB ouput mode parameter. They are simply not there.
      2. So my question is, until I'll be able to update (which does not depend on me, for now) IS THERE POSSIBLE TO MAKE MY VOICELIVE 3 AS IT IS NOW, WORK WITH MY DAW, ONLY VIA THE 2 XLR AUDIO OUTPUTS connected via XLR cables to my audio interface? In fact, I did that, Voicelive 3 is actually sending wet audio into my DAW that can be recorded, but with a tremendous latency:) that I don't know how to fix.
      And a final question if you have the time for an advice: If I change my Voicelive 3 with a Voicelive 3 Extreme, will I be able to get rid of all these update actual problems and have the USB audio feature already available and working?
      Also....WHEN YOU SAY THAT I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO TO DO CRAZY MULTITRACKING WITH VOICLIVE 3, DO YOU IMPLY THAT THIS IS POSSIBLE WITH VL3 X?:). Thanks a lot for your help.
      • Mon at 3:30 AM
    • helenane
      helenane

Thanks a lot for your comments. I think that my initial issue is solved. I'd still like to ask you about recording with Voicelive 3 and latency, if you are still available. If not, I will open a new discussion, because as I said, this could be a new topic.

• Tue at 7:27 AM
  • New
    Figiel
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-09-16
    84 / 5 000

Wyniki tłumaczenia

Hello I have a Mac program 11.6. What should I do to download presets from voice support
    read more...
    0 2
Go to page