Statistics

289,847 members
172,411 posts
  • New
    cbeattyjr
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-07-04

I just got a used VL3X, hoping to replace my Headrush Looperboard.

So far I like the vocal and guitar effects.

But my other requirement is to play over pre-made drum loops or backing tracks.  In other words, I don't really live loop. 

I follow the procedure to put the loops on a USB drive and the VL3X recognizes and I am able to import.  But it seems that each loop must be associated with an individual preset.  That's not really what I want to do.  I want to be able, on a whim, scroll the drum loops, choose one, and then play over it.  I know the Headrush and Roland products can do this.  Is it possible on the VL3X?

Also, are the loops and backing tracks stored on the unit when I remove the USB drive?

Thanks in advance.

read more...
    0 0
  • New
    WaylonPierce
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-07-02

Started out powering up and sometimes not.  So I purchased replacement adapter.  It no longer powers up ever.

0 12
    • WaylonPierce
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi WaylonPierce, If you have not yet done so could you please open a technical support ticket via the Support tab at the top of the page.
      • Jul 1
  • New
    HenningBerthold
    Contributor - Level 1
    2022-06-29

Hi. I have a question - I have a Voicelive Touch (not Touch 2) and a Switch 3 - there are some options which functions can be controlled with the switch - but - can I assign them differently? I would like to switch harmony, delay and another effect with it. many thanks for the help. LG

read more...
    0 9
    • HenningBerthold
      WilliamR There are 8 preset configurations you can use that are assigned in the settings. They are preconfigured to the scenarios on the list
      • Jun 29
      • Voicelive Touch ans Switch 3
        WilliamR 1 Harmony/Favorite/Loop
        2 Loop/Stop/Undo+Redo
        3 Loop/Left button/Right button
        4.Talk/Banks/Favorite
        5 Harmony/Banks/Fav
        6 Harmony/10s/1s
        7 Talk/10s/1s
        8 Harmony/Stop/Loop
        • ·
        • Jun 29
    • HenningBerthold
      HenningBerthold

I thank you. I am aware of this function. that means you can't freely adjust right ?

• Jun 30
  • New
    PlayLALA418
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-06-28

What fancy wires do I need to buy so I can hear my Shure SM58 mic through the VoiceLive Play and my FP90X Roland electronic piano? The piano has beautiful speakers.  

Attached is a pic of the back of my piano.  

I'm not ready to record anything, still just working on making all the sounds come together. 

Thank-you very much!

Laura

read more...
    1 10
    • PlayLALA418
      djtetei You can connect your TC Helicon Voice Live Play headphones stereo output jack (3.5 mm) to Roland FP90X stereo input jack (3.5 mm). Make sure to use a high quality cable and, if possible, under 3 meters long. Furthermore, I would strongly advise you to use a dedicated set of monitor speakers, which will allow you to position them better in your acoustic room (preferably behind the microphone and further away from it), in order to minimize microphony.
      • Jun 28
    • PlayLALA418
      PedroRodrigues Hi PlayLALA418 please ponder that the VOICE LIVE PLAY offers the following output options,
      There are 3 settings for the OUTPUT

1 . STEREO – XLR outputs receive a stereo mix of all voices and other inputs .

2 . MONO – A MONO full-mix signal is on the LEFT and a DRY vocal is on the RIGHT .

Any Tone and Pitch Cor Amt settings from the Setup menu are included on the RIGHT DRY channel .

3 . DUAL MONO - A MONO effected voice signal (all voices) is on the LEFT and AUX is on the RIGHT.
      This is great for sending music to one channel of a PA and Vocals to another, especially in a Karaoke situation.

Vocal Cancel – Attempts to remove the vocals from a piece of music .

There are two settings:

1 . OFF – No processing is performed on the aux input .

2 . ON – Processing occurs to attempt to remove lead vocals from a piece of music .

This process can create “Karaoke” style music for you to sing along to, including key information for harmony generation.
      The processing capability can vary quite a bit from song to song, depend- ing on the way the song was originally mixed .

Lead Mute – Mutes the Lead vocal and only outputs processed signals .

There are two settings:

1 . OFF – Lead vocals are routed to the main mix .

2 . ON – Lead vocals are removed from the main mix .

Digital Out Level – Controls the USB output level .

Headphone Lim – Controls the level at which the headphone output limiter engages.
      Levels closer to 0db allow for louder headphone output levels.

With this in mind I believe that the best option for your requirements must involve a mixing desk, please see my suggestion on a picture below. I hope this helps. Thank you
      • Jun 29
  • New
    Frankd117
    Contributor - Level 1
    2022-06-22

I have noticed that while using the vocal harmony function on my VL3 extreme that the harmony cuts in and out or varys in volume while I am singing. Is there a setting that will prevent this?

0 10
    • Frankd117
      NicJonesMT Hi Frankd117
      Can you please click support at the top of the page and submit a technical support ticket.
      Please provide as much information on how you have parameters set, and your full setup as possible.
      • Jun 23
    • Frankd117
      H1r4m Prueba modificar los ajustes de voz
      • Jun 23
      • Voicelive 3 Extreme Harmony Cutting Out
        H1r4m Setup - Tone - y ahí modificas las opciones de voz
        • Jun 23
  • New
    Jaitin123
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-06-20

My Tc helicon voicelive play is creating a constant noise when plugged in to PA system in the live set up.I have checked it with multiple PA systems.The problem also persists while I listen to the monitoring through plugging in the headphones.

Any suggestions on how to fix it ?

read more...
    0 11
    • Jaitin123
      PedroRodrigues Hi Jaitin123, the VOICELIVE PLAY offers 3 settings for the OUTPUT

1 . STEREO – XLR outputs receive a stereo mix of all voices and other inputs .

2 . MONO – A MONO full-mix signal is on the LEFT and a DRY vocal is on the RIGHT .
      Any Tone and Pitch Cor Amt settings from the Setup menu are included on the RIGHT DRY channel .

3 . DUAL MONO - A MONO effected voice signal (all voices) is on the LEFT and AUX is on the RIGHT.
      This is great for sending music to one channel of a PA and Vocals to another, especially in a Karaoke situation.
      Vocal Cancel – Attempts to remove the vocals from a piece of music .

There are two settings:

1 . OFF – No processing is performed on the aux input .

2 . ON – Processing occurs to attempt to remove lead vocals from a piece of music .

This process can create “Karaoke” style music for you to sing along to, including key information for harmony generation.

The processing capability can vary quite a bit from song to song, depend- ing on the way the song was originally mixed .

Lead Mute – Mutes the Lead vocal and only outputs processed signals .

There are two settings:

1 . OFF – Lead vocals are routed to the main mix .

2 . ON – Lead vocals are removed from the main mix .

Digital Out Level – Controls the USB output level .

Headphone Lim – Controls the level at which the headphone output limiter engages.
      Levels closer to 0db allow for louder headphone output levels.

Please confirm that you have set up you unit accordingly and that the cables used are in good conditions.
      Thank you
      • Jun 20
  • New
    Massy66
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-06-19

Hi, all in a while my voice live 2 is'nt working. All the connections are properly made: mic cable in the Xrl input, 1/4" cable in guitar in input, xrl cable in xrl  left (mono) output which is connected to a mixer xrl fader. Well, yesterday I switched on the voice live 2 and it didn't world. I couldn't head no sounds From the PA connected to the mixer while other instruments were working good ad usual. I checked twice EVERY cable by connecting each of them directly to the mixer: mic and guitar worked. So it' s not the cables and It's not the mixer and the PA system. I even tried to solve by resetting to factory default both set up and presets but nothing. Actually it seems there's something wrong  in the input 'cause not just there's no level in the led mic but even the guitar tuner doesn' reveal any sound from guitar. Hope I explained it Well. Any suggestion?

read more...
    0 14
  • New
    LucV
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2022-06-16

How can I tell which version of Firmware I am running on my VoiceLive 2?

What is the latest Firmware release for VoiceLive 2 and where can I find it?

0 8
    • LucV
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi LucV, please see the latest response sent by myself on your case (CAS-608005-V4S8F3) regarding this query.
      • Jun 16
  • New
    LucV
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2022-06-16

Is there a site that does a product comparison between the VoiceLive 2 and VoiceLive 3?

I have the 2 and am curious to know what extra features that the 3 has.

Thanks.

0 6
  • New
    LucV
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2022-06-15

Question on VoiceLive 2. 

What exactly does the "Guitar Effects" button do?

Does the VoiceLive 2 assign a different guitar effect to every different vocal preset?

Thanks.....Luc

0 8
    • LucV
      PedroRodrigues Hi LucV, thank you for your post, I would suggest to follow the link below to access a few videos guides where you will find all the information you are looking for. :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlsImL02sMQ&list=PL3A952CAB33D44BFE . I hope this helps .Thank you
      • Jun 15
    • LucV
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi LucV, the Guitar Effects button will enable/disable any selected effect and apply it to your guitar signal, this is on the basis that the Guitar Thru connection is not used as this will mute the Guitar Effects. Holding the Guitar Effects button will enter the menu in which you can alter the effect/mix.

It is not possible to assign a different effect to each vocal preset as the Guitar Effects are global.
      • Jun 15
Go to page