Statistics

267,856 members
147,366 posts
  • New
    tjph
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-11

Hi. I've been trying to decide which TC-Helicon product is best suited to my needs.  The Play Acoustic is an attractive option, but I've been holding off because of the modest number of guitar effects.  I've seen that the Play Electric used to be sold, but is now no longer in stock and seems to be a legacy product.  If this is no longer available, has something replaced it that costs a similar amount or is the much more expensive Voicelive 3 Extreme the only way to get both the vocal and guitar effects?

read more...
    0 6
  • New
    Wackdad68
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-09

I have voicelive rack. When I add presets from voicesupport2 the effects are off. Is there a way to import them with the effects on?

thanks

Dale

0 14
  • New
    robtabbers
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-12-09

Hi, how are you doing.

Recently I started with A nirvana tribute and already sig in a foo fighters tribute and I have also a Pearl Jam tribute.

Now i recelty (for the 3rd time) I purchased a tc helicon voicelive Play and I finally managed to get really good effects.

I am still wondering one thin gthough

I also own a Mic mechanic and a Duplicator form TC Helicon.

Can anybody tell me which of the several choosable tone settings in the Voicelive play is equal to the Tone knob on the MEchanic and or the Duplicator. That setting really matches with my voice.

Thank you

Gr. Rob

read more...
    0 15
    • robtabbers
      kiskadar69 Since there is a gate in Mic Mechanic and Duplicator, I think..
      1. ...the "Normal" setting in Mic Mechanic and Duplicator is the same as the "NORMAL" setting in VoiceLive Play and...
      2. ...the Mic Mechanic and Duplicator "Less Bright" setting corresponds to the VoiceLive Play "LESS BRIGHT" setting.
      • December 9, 2021
  • New
    Steve1mc
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-09

Is there an update and should I bother with it. My D1 was bought new about a year ago.

0 10
  • New
    mrvs
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-07

Can't save preset as favorite in VoiceLive3/X.
    When I press the Control Knob down while on the home screen
    а small "FAV" tag NOT shown. Insted a small LOCK symbol shown.
    Pressing again and LOCK symbol is gone.
    I do everything according to manual.
    Why I can't save a preset as FAV?

read more...
    0 10
  • New
    disrezoloution
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-12-07

Does anyone have or now how to recreate the Motown vocal sound for Voicelive Touch 2 or Voicelive2?

Help!

0 21
  • New
    pancho0924
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-06

Can anybody provide me with a link to buy an original 9 volts power supply for my Voicelive 3? Most of the OME power supplies are 12 vols, my original is 9 volts. 

0 18
    • pancho0924
      kiskadar69 Does your VoiceLive 3 say it works with 9VDC? As far as I know, VoiceLive 3's run on 12VDC.
      "You can damage your unit over time by under-volting the system. It's definitely not meant to run at 9V. We do use a 12V (and 5V) internal rail."(Craig Fraser @ TC-Helicon,2015.02.24.)
      "I have tried running it with a 9V transformer rather than the proprietary 12V one, and while I got sound, I did notice a slight degradation in tone and headroom."(db808,2015.03.30.)
      "The lower voltage creates stress on all the electrical components and something will go "poof" long before its expected lifespan."
      • December 9, 2021
    • pancho0924
      pancho0924

I have the original power supply. It states in the back that is 9volts. The power supply brought both the New England and the United States of America connectors. I'm using the American, but it says on the back that it is 9 volts. 3 amp

• December 9, 2021
  • New
    TangerineTomorrow1970
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-05

It says in the manual that I can use a recorded track on the DAW to trigger harmonies from the device.  No success so far.  Any ideas out there?  I have followed the one tiny paragraph in the manual as to how to do this.  Thanks. 

0 16
    • TangerineTomorrow1970
      NicJonesMT Hi there.
      Can you please click support at the top of the page and submit a technical support ticket.
      Ensure that you provide a detailed description of exactly how you have the Play acoustic setup and which DAW you are using. We need as much information as possible and can then advise you further.
      • December 6, 2021
  • New
    EricClise
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-12-03

I use Play Acoustic extensively and a huge fan. I have one issue I can't seem to fix, namely I get a popping or crackling sound when I whistle. It is not air noise, I've tested that and I get it when listening to the headphone out on the Play Acoustic itself so it is not somewhere else in the signal chain. It almost sounds like some kind of signal clipping but it happens at all gain settings. This is an amazing unit and perhaps this is simply a type of sound it cannot process. Any suggestions are appreciated. I have tried everything I can think of. BTW, it doesn't seem to be an effect generated problem as it is present in a dry signal.

-ec

read more...
    0 11
    • EricClise
      kiskadar69 There were such problems with the original Mic Mechanic and Harmony Singer 2, and TC-Helicon tried to solve the problem with a new firmware version. Is your Play Acoustic running the latest firmware version? If so, there's only one workaround I can think of: set up a second microphone for whistling that's not connected to the Play Acoustic.
      • December 5, 2021
    • EricClise
      kiskadar69 Workaround number two: if you only want to use one microphone, plug your microphone into a microphone selector switch. The first output of the microphone selector switch should be connected to Play Acoustic, the second output of the microphone selector switch should be connected elsewhere.
      • December 5, 2021
  • New
    clubwestrecords
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-01

I know that the ambient mics can be utilized to determine the key of a song for harmonies.  Can the ambient mics also be utilized for the autotune/hardtune feature to automatically shift the vocal towards the correct and specific key (as opposed to just nudging towards the closest correct pitch like the mic mechanic would do)?  

Thanks!

Drew

read more...
    0 10
Go to page