Statistics

305,518 members
189,827 posts
  • New
    H8u3v2a1crKn
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-10-24

I have an external masterclock that I want to keep using, does anyone know if the SPDIF input (the RCA style connector) on the UMC1820 can be used to accept the external audio clock?  If not, this is a deal breaker for me, as my old system (an MBox original) does use SPDIF for clocking and I can't "upgrade" to something with fewer capabilities.  Thanks in advance.

read more...
    0 6
  • New
    NoneyaB
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-10-24

I'm getting constant crackling on my UMC404HD, doesn't matter whether I'm outputting via 1&2 or 3&4

I'm using Ableton 10 on Windows 10 with the most recent ASIO driver.  It had the same issue on the driver I had installed previously.  It has the same issue when using the interface via DirectX.  I've confirmed that the onboard sound doesn't have any issue, its isolated to the interface.  It crackles on all audio output even a test tone.  I've tried both via USB bus power and the power cord that came with it.  I've had the unit since Jan 2021, but I've barely used it.  I'm just now getting back into recording.  Like an idiot I forgot to register the warranty so am I out of luck or is there something I can do?

read more...
    0 13
    • NoneyaB
      WilliamR Hello, please click on the service link above and create a tech support case, an agent will get in touch with you ASAP.
      • Oct 24
  • New
    Johnnsnell
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-10-22

Hello,

Probably a novice question, but I have an U-Phoria UMC204HD audio interface. Can I connect this to a regular stereo hifi amplifier using RCA cables using the 'Playback Outputs'? I've been trying and had no success.

Many thanks

read more...
    0 15
    • Johnnsnell
      WilliamR Please click on the support link above and submit a tech support case. One of our agents will get in touch with you to help you set it up.
      • Oct 24
  • New
    JimFigurski
    Contributor - Level 1
    2022-10-22

I have an M1 macbook air and am using Digital Audio Workstation Reaper to record music.

When I use reaper with my BEHRINGER U-PHORIA UMC404HD audio interface and select it in the audio device, the volume on the computer F11 and F12 (keys) SHOULD not affect the project i'm working in. But recently, (not all the time) If I don't turn the volume up all the way, I lose signal strength. Today it was working ok. Meaning, I could press the F11 and F12 keys (volume) and it would not affect the volume coming out of the speakers. Sometimes it does though...There must be. a way to control this.

read more...
    0 18
    • JimFigurski
      NicJonesMT Hi JimFigurski.
      Can you please click support at the top of the page and submit a technical support ticket.
      • Oct 25
  • New
    cesarcare
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-10-18

se escucha interferencia, alguien tiene ese problema? y como solucionarlo. corro en windows 10 pro

0 9
    • cesarcare
      Dale_M Try another USB cable/USB port, if the problem is still there, try on another PC/MAC and see if the problem follows the UMC204HD.
      • Oct 18
  • New
    Dinto
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-10-17

I am looking for an economical but efficient interface preamp. Right now I have a at2020 mic but i am not married to it.  I am using a line6 ux2 interface. but am not getting the gain i need using phantom power.  with a sure sm58 mic it has enough gain but the mic is not what i want to get the sound I want.

I have been thinking the um2, or the berhinger Mic500 usb.   or perhaps just a Berhinger microphone preamp mic 300 or mic 500. it is just for fun so do not want to spend more than i need. but willing to spend what i need for what I want.

Can someone please help me decide what kind of setup I should order?  I would like to know if i put a preamp between the line 6 interface and the Microphone if it is a wise decision ... If a Berhinger Mic500 usb solve all my issues in a single unit?  Getting totally confused. If i am advised to buy a preamp why should I upgrade to the Mic500 and not just get the mic300?

thank you in advance

read more...
    0 1
  • New
    willebear42
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-10-12

Recording live instrument over recorded playback without delay or volume howl - Behringer 802 Mixer / TO CTRL vs TO MIX - Newbie

I am using a Behringer 802 two bus mixer through a Shure MVi USB interface into a laptop running Windows 10 and Audacity.

I can’t figure out how to get the pre-recorded tracks to playback through the monitors while recording a live instrument or vocals without either a delay or feedback/howl/volume swell.

I’ve got the playback audio from Audacity coming out through the headphone jack into the CD/TAPE Input via RCA, the CTRL ROOM Out to the monitor speaker and the MAIN OUT into the Shure MVi USB into the laptop.

When I depress the CD/TAPE TO CTRL while recording in Audacity there is a delay in the live instrument.

If I depress CD/TAPE TO MIX during recording the live instrument does not have any delay but there is an awful feedback/howl happening.

I have the settings in Audacity set to “Play other tracks while recording” and “Software Playthrough (play new track while recording”

I am trying to both hear the other tracks as well as the live one through the monitor speaker during recording but can’t figure out how to do it without a delay in the live instrument/track or without noise coming into to the recording.

The closest I’ve gotten is disabling the “Software Playthrough” in Audacity while depressing the CD/TAPE TO MIX which eliminates the delay and the loud howl but there is still noise coming back in being recorded.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thank you in advance!

read more...
    0 13
  • New
    Dwib86
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-10-09

If I go into the control panel it only gives me three options, 48,000k, spdif, or Adat, but not an option for 44,000k.

So obviously Pro Tools will not allow me to change it within Pro Tools because it already doesn't match.

It would appear it's default is 48000, but I want to record it 44.

Can anybody shed some light on this problem? Thanks much!

read more...
    0 14
    • Dwib86
      NicJonesMT Hi Dwib86.
      We've recently released a new driver for Windows. Can you please download this and you should be able to then change the Sample rate.
      Alternatively (If on Windows) you can go into your Windows Sound Settings and select Sound Control Panel. In the Playback tab, right click the UMC and go to Properties > Advanced. You should see a drop down menu and you can use this to change the sample and bit rate.
      On Mac go to your Audio MIDI Setup and again you should see a dropdown menu to adjust the sample rate.

If you are still having issues please click support at the top of the page and submit a tech support ticket.
      • Oct 11
      • How can I set Behringer Uphoria 1820 to 44,000k instead of 48,000?
        Dwib86 That's amazing! Thanks for the info!
        • Oct 11
  • New
    sdwood68
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-10-05

I've recently purchased a Behringer U-Phoria UMC204HD and have some Presonos monitors pluges into OUT1 & 2. When ever Windows 11 starts, stops or hybernates do to no activity I get this load obnoxious buzzing pop sound (attached). 

How do I make it go away?

read more...
    0 22
  • New
    OSFOUR
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-09-28

Comment changer échantillonnage  sur le panel contrôle  de umc  404  hd

impossible  de   changer à l’échantillonnage  sa  reste  bloquer  sur 4800 kHz  alors que reaper enregistre en 4 100  khz  le le derouleur  ne  marche pas  aider  moi svp

read more...
    0 7
    • OSFOUR
      NicJonesMT Hi There. Please close Reaper, then Right click the Sound Icon on your Tool bar and select Sounds.
      In the Playback Tab right click on the UMC option you are using and Go to Properties > Advanced. in this Menu you will see a dropdown Menu. In this menu you can change the Sample and Bit Rate. Change this to the option that you would like to use and close this menu. You will need to do the same in the Recording tab.

Once you open Reaper you should be able to change the sample rate of your project.

If you are still having issues please click support at the top of the page and submit a technical support ticket.
      • Sep 28
Go to page