Statistics

269,815 members
149,564 posts
  • New
    Martini22
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-24

G system serial number  6538513 silver .  Can someone tell me the software that this model of G system would have had uploaded from factory and if it requires any updates for software  compared to to the later (last units made) . I was told that this serial number is with the IB Buffers and updated effects 4.02 version.

I have yet to get to grips with understanding the unit ...can these details of software version etc be viewed from the units display? 

Any assistance would be appreciated . 

Tony 

read more...
    0 2
    • Martini22
      PedroRodrigues Hi Martini22, the G-System iB-Modified was the latest addition to the G-System family. FX and presets-wise there is no difference between this and any other G-System that has been upgraded with the latest firmware updates. The main features in the iB-Modified are as follows:
      The iB-Modified G-System features the ultimate 3rd generation input buffer modification, designed by Italian electronics guru Massimo Mantovani. By changing the analogue input design, as opposed to the silver version, as well as a number of components, a super transparent tone that offers loads of punch and a snappier response has been achieved.
      All in all there are three different version of the G-System input circuit, the standard, Limited Edition and the iB-Modified versions respectively.
      After the Limited Edition was discontinued, all standard G-Systems that were made got the 2nd generation input buffer version from the Limited Edition. Approximately six months later we introduced the iB-Modified version, and all G-Systems made after this have the 3rd generation input design from in the iB-Modified version. Unfortunately via the serial number I cannot specify exactly what Firmware was loaded on your unit from factory, nevertheless I will leave you a link below to access the latest firmware and the process to update your G-SYSTEM to latest Firmware releases Version 4.5 https://wsi.li/dl/X9LbYD7xGZ32kKzdv/ Thank you
      • Wed at 12:22 AM
    • Martini22
      Martini22 Hello Pedro and thank you for the reply. I read on the rig talk that unit having a serial number higher than 6539340 is IB Mod version so mine is apparently 2nd gen. if correct. I will have to live with that versions issues I guess . The so called white paper by Laird Williams is hard to actually locate on this site ...can you send me a link to this for a pdf download to help me get going. The old links are dead and cannot see it anywhere ..just comments about the paper. Many thanks Tony Martin
      • Wed at 2:38 AM
  • New
    Jeffro09
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-23

Does anyone know how these two units compare? I know the rev2496 is discontinued, but any comparison information between the two would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

1 4
  • New
    Kusht
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-20

Hi

I know the Flashback 2 x4 delay time can be synced with an external midi clock but does the in built looper also sync to the Clock?

Cheers

0 0
  • New
    nissan62
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-20

Добрый день!!! У меня испортился эфект в микшере xenyx 1002fx!!!! Испортился ATmega8 которая загружает пресеты в процессор эффектов!!!! Что бы поставить новый ATmega8 нужна программа (прошивка) для ATmega8!!!  

read more...
    0 7
    • nissan62
      Dale_M I am afraid we are unable to share such files, we can advise on a warranty repair or a replacement PCB? If you wish to choose either of these pleae go to the Support tab and select Service or Spare parts.
      • Jan 20
  • New
    nissan62
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-20

добрый день мне нужна прошивка для ATmega8!!! Она загружает пресеты в аудио процессор V1000 

0 10
    • nissan62
      Dale_M I am afraid we are unable to share such files, we can advise on a warranty repair or a replacement PCB? If you wish to choose either of these pleae go to the Support tab and select Service or Spare parts.
      • Jan 20
  • New
    nbtien2003
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-20
    I just bought 01 set of TC DB 6 Single, but the output connection has no signal. Please help me handle this
    read more...
    0 20
    • nbtien2003
      PedroRodrigues Hi nbtien2003,thank you for your post, regarding your question can you please confirm that you have set up the SDI OUTPUT at 48 kHz sample rate and 24 bit resolution.
      Please also confirm if you have activated the Advanced SDI Mode section of the I/O SDI, to diagnose a potential problem, DB6 offers a diagnostic mode, to activate diagnostic mode, set the Clock Mode parameter to Diagnostic.
      In Diagnostic mode, the DB6 will disregard the audio clock information included in the audio packets in the SDI stream and de-embed the audio based on the video clock only.
      Please use the Audio Out Groups parameter to define if and how the group assignment of the processed audio signals should be changed.
      The processed audio signals will be assigned to the same audio channel groups at the SDI output that were selected using the Audio Groups selector.
      This is the default setting which is also used when Advanced SDI mode has not been activated.
      The processed audio signals will be assigned to the selected audio channel groups at the SDI output.
      If you are using this parameter to reassign audio channels to other groups, make sure that you are processing the right audio groups downstream.
      The Rate Detect Mode parameter is used to specify how DB6 should behave when receiving SD, HD and 3G signals. By narrowing the range of formats acceptable to the DB6, lock-up time may be optimized.
      If you set the Rate Detect Mode parameter to Automatic, DB6 will accept all SDI formats: SD, HD and 3G. This is the default setting which is also used when Advanced SDI mode has not been activated.
      Please consider that once you set the Rate Detect Mode parameter to SD, DB6 will only accept the SD format and not consider locking to HD or 3G signals, resulting in optimal lock-up time for SD signals. I hope this helps
      • Jan 20
  • New
    Jazzgorilla
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-19

I'm trying to use both digital in/outs if an M5000 I just picked up. 

My main interface is a RME UFX+. The AES I/O is being used for the first engine. 

I have an RME Fireface 800 that uses the ADAT connections back into the UFX+. I was planning on using the Fireface 800's S/PDIF I/O for the second engine in the M5000. 

Two things:

1) how do I get to the second engine in the M5000 to select a different effect?

2) doesn't S/PDIF clock itself? It's blinking on the Fireface 800 meaning that it isn't clocking correctly. 

read more...
    0 4
    • Jazzgorilla
      PedroRodrigues Hi Jazzgorilla, thank you for your post, Please check the manual for the M5000 on page 11 and forward to answer your first question and on page 14 and forward for your second question. To access the manual for the M5000 please follow the link below: https://wsi.li/dl/uepNZtp2AJ2mEBEtj/ Thank you
      • Jan 20
    • Jazzgorilla
      Jazzgorilla

Thank you. I’ve got the clocking issue figured out but still don’t have what I *THINK* is promised with this unit. Which is the ability to have 2 different reverbs going at the same time. One off of ROM (AES I/O) and one off of RAM (SPDIF I/O). Am I correct here? The manual is not very user friendly…

• Jan 20
  • New
    gilmourstrat
    Contributor - Level 3
    2022-01-18

Hi,

on the release notes of the 1.3.6 Firmware update it mentions faster board changing/loading. Is it fast enough to be used in a pratical way LIVE? Meaning midway thru a song, change to another board with gapless sound changing?

Many thanks!

read more...
    0 8
    • gilmourstrat
      PedroRodrigues Hi gilmourstrat, thank you for your post, effectively the new FW will allow the user to load a board faster but not as fast as you are requiring. Thank you
      • Jan 19
  • New
    BBgjkin
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-15

My over 10 years old dcx2496 finally stopped working, because of power supply failure. 

Is there any way to get the power supply replacement? It seems easy to replace it by few unscrewing and unplugging. And I am sure I could do it without problem. Please let me know where to get it. 

read more...
    0 4
    • BBgjkin
      Nigel67 Hi BBgjkin. Please submit a spares ticket and someone will e-mail you back with pricing and availability. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Spare Parts tab and submit a ticket. If we no longer have stock, then have you tried a local repair shop? It may be something as simple as the electrolytic capacitors drying out and in need of replacement. Many thanks
      • Jan 16
  • New
    patrikehlersson
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-13

Hi!

What kind of card should i by to my TC M3000.

I think they stop making the PCMCIA.

/Patrik

0 0
Go to page