Statistics

234,021 members
109,628 posts
  • JeremyGorman
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-10-13

Does anyone know if loops in the VL3 can be triggered via MIDI? I'm trying to get around the limit of 8 Loop Triggers (A - H) in the VL3.

Thanks!

Jeremy

0 42
    • JeremyGorman
      PedroRodrigues Hi Jeremy it is possible to have MIDI sync on VOICELIVE 3 so you can can sync a external device such a pedal to use as a trigger, but for that you will need to have your VOICELIVE 3 unit running firmware version 1.2 . For more information please follow the link below to access a video about the MIDI Sync https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-c2hk4o9iA
      • October 13, 2020
    • JeremyGorman
      JeremyGorman Thanks Pedro and thanks for responding! Yes, I'm familiar with the MIDI sync feature, but I was really trying to see if the VL# might respond to MIDI commands to trigger loops. Since the VL3 has 50 loop slots (with 3 loops in each), but only 8 loop triggers (A - H) I am unable to trigger more than 8 separate pre-recorded loops. I was hoping to find a way around that.
      • October 13, 2020
      • Loop triggering in VL3
        PetGerbil no, the loops can't be triggered from midi...But, I've just had a squizz at the manual, and it looks like the 8 loops is per-preset, so could you change preset and get access to another 8 loops ? (I wonder if changing to a different "Step" would do the same thing ?...)
        • October 13, 2020
      • Loop triggering in VL3
        JeremyGorman No, it appears that assignment is one-time only. EX: you assign Loop 1:A to Trigger A in Program 100 and then assign Loop 2:A to Trigger A in Program 101. When you go back to Program 100 you now have Loop 2:A instead of Loop 1:A
        • October 17, 2020
    • JeremyGorman
      JeremyGorman Ok, I think I figured out a "work around" If I set one of the Loop Triggers to "Load Current Slot" (instead of specific slot) then whatever Loop Slot is loaded on the Loop page will appear. Ex: 'Trigger G - Load Current Slot - A' Now I create a Loop for Program 100 in Loop Slot 5:A and buttonmap Trigger G to the 'Hit" button. For Program 101 I create a Loop in slot 6:A and again buttonmap to the 'Hit' button. As long as I make sure to load Loop Slot 5 for Program 100 and Loop Slot 6 for Program 101 it works! Not ideal by any stretch, but a workable alternative.
      • October 17, 2020
    • JeremyGorman
      PetGerbil Does it make a difference if you re-save the loop and/or Preset after assigning 'em ?
      • October 17, 2020
      • Loop triggering in VL3
        JeremyGorman Doesn't seem to make a difference.
        • October 18, 2020
  • FelipeDeJesusCepeda
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-12

Hola, tengo el VLX3 pero no se como actualizar su firmware, su version es: 2.2.00 BUILD 366, agradeceria mucho que me puedan ayudar... Gracias

0 82
  • JohnShelley
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-09-28

For most of the work I do, I use a product called BandHelper to play backing tracks and a syncronized midi file.  The midi file controls my lighitng system and my VL3X.  It works flawlessly for all the CC commands to turn effects on and off, etc.

To have my delay match the tempo of a song, however, I have to make separate presets for every song on my VL3X each with the tempo already set to the BPM of the song - even though all other settings may be exactly the same as another preset.

It would be much more efficient to one preset but be able to send along a midi message to say "this song is 60bpm" and "this song is 100bpm"

Is this possible? 

read more...
    0 64
    • JohnShelley
      PetGerbil Should be just a case of making sure that Bandhelper is sending a MIDI Clock signal. Unless you've got a loop in the looper. In which case the tempo will be locked. There's a MIDI tempo parameter in the SETUP sections MIDI tab. That'll need turning on. Also I've got a vague memory of MIDI sync being added in a firmware update, so make sure you've got the latest firmware.
      • September 28, 2020
  • rpromans13
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-09-21

Folks- I love using my Play Acoustic during gigs, but like much of my unused brain power, I KNOW there's a tonne of unused awesomeness in my Play Acoustic.

My problem is that I'm just not that good at pulling knowledge out of countless YouTube video tutorials (mostly because the instructor spends too much time yapping and I loose my patience, then jump to another video).  
    I'd (and I bet others) spend $$$ to attend a workshop that takes folks who already are comfortable looping and harmonizing, but want to get really hands instruction on from the experts (YOU FOLKS)!

What do you think?

Regards,

Rob

read more...
    0 26
    • rpromans13
      PedroRodrigues Hi Robert Romans, Please be aware that we do have our TC HELICON channel on YOUTUBE that is pretty great but I understand what you mean and to be honest I think is a great Idea but I will forward this idea to management. Thank you
      • September 21, 2020
  • jte
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-09-19

Hi!

I wnat to change the order of the steps in a certain preset...how do I do that? I couldn´t find any answer googling, nor in the manual...maybe you guys knows a trick :)

Thanks in advance!

0 22
    • jte
      PedroRodrigues Hi Burnd Sneijder, I will gladly assist you on this matter, if you go to Step management you will be able to add a step. Use the Preset Up and Preset Down footswitches to locate the Preset you would like to add .
      • September 21, 2020
  • jte
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-09-19

Hi everyone,

I have a Problem and wondered if anyone else has experiences with this error. Since yesterday my VL3X starts switching into the setup menu by itself. I could not figure out what triggers it. I had an Issue with a broken Mic cable but this doesnt seem to affect it. Maybe the button is broken?

My Setup:

VL3X, Acoustic Guitar, Condensator Mic (Neumann)

Appreciate any help!
    Regards from Germany

read more...
    0 35
    • jte
      PedroRodrigues Hi, burnd sneijder I would suggest a factory reset on your unit.
      Turn off your VL3X.
      Unplug headphones (if attached)
      Using a toothpick or a small wire (we recommend a straightened paper clip), press the button that is inside the Headphone jack.
      The button is small and at the very end of the inside of the jack. You don't need to use much force – so please be gentle.
      You will feel a small click when the button presses.
      With the button held down, press the power switch on your VL3X.
      Wait until you see the System Maintenance Screen.
      You should see the System Maintenance screen immediately. If you see the "normal" VL3X screen (without the "System Maintenance" banner on top), you haven't pushed the button inside the headphone jack correctly.
      Try again.
      Choose the desired option from the menu using the Control Knob
      • September 21, 2020
    • jte
      jte Hi Pedro,
      thanks a lot for your reply! I fear I didn´t really get the purpose of your suggestion...what is it I can do in the maintenance menu? (Sorry, I don´t have my VL3X it at hand right now..)
      • September 21, 2020
    • jte
      jte Ah, sorry, no I get it. Factory Reset. That means I loose all my personal presets and setup configurations I suppose. Well, I´ll try that maybe as a last option. You don´t have any guess what could cause this error? I read something about microphones that could trigger a switch to other menus...
      • September 21, 2020
      • VL3X Error: Erratically jumps into the setup menu
        PedroRodrigues Hi burnd sneijder, you are correct, we do have microphones that can control some features on the unit such as TC HELICON MP60 // MP75
        • September 21, 2020
  • clayewi
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-17

Does the Voicelive Play provide phantom power? My mic does not work with it and it appears to be the phantom power issue. Phantom power is not mentioned in the manual anywhere.

0 311
    • clayewi
      JasonB81 Hello Clay -Within the settings of the device there is a setting to select your mic type - you will want to select the CONDENSER MIC option which will supply the phantom power needed to power the mic. You will need to hold down the setup button and scroll to the mic settings. Hope this gets you on the right track. Thank you.
      • September 17, 2020
  • RennySchweiger
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-28

I have a VL3 set up with a BeatBuddy, where the BB is supplying MIDI tempo, and this is working correctly. I can create new loops while the BB is playing, and these loops are sync'd correctly with the tempo and have precisely the correct length. So far so good.

I also have a VL3 preset with a prerecorded Loop assigned to it, and in this example we'll say the Loop was recorded at 100 BPM, again while under the BB MIDI tempo control. When I play back this prerecorded loop to a same BB song set to 100 BPM, the Loop is exactly the correct length because it was recorded at that same tempo, HOWEVER, when the loop starts is entirely dependent on the precise time I press the VL3 footswitch (assigned to start the loop). What I'd like to be able to do is to start the Loop and have it sync (or snap) to the BB's MIDI, so that if my footswitch click is off by a fraction of a beat, it syncs up correctly (kind of like when you record a loop and/or overdub in the first place). Is this possible? I don't see any settings or any way otherwise to do this, so I'm dependent on my accuracy of pressing the footswitch. 

Thanks in advance for any help. 

Renny

read more...
    0 40
    • RennySchweiger
      PedroRodrigues Hi Renny Schweiger, so we can assist you with more tools please submit an assistance request via https://community.musictribe.com/pages/create-new-ticket
      • September 1, 2020
  • RennySchweiger
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-23

I created a Preset (call it #2) to be used as a Step 2/2 on Preset #1. (It was originally a copy of Preset #1 and I made significant Harmony and other settings to it.) I have successfully copied #2 as a step to #1 and all is well. I can also edit and save changes to Step 2/2 in Preset #1. And because I made changes to Step 2/2 in Preset #1 as I was tweaking, it is now a bit different from Preset #2. So Preset #1 with my two Steps is all set. 

Here's the question: Can I safely delete Preset #2 (not that it is no longer needed) without affecting Step 2/2 in Preset #1?  I'm afraid to try! I don't want to mess up my Step 2/2 I worked so hard on.... 

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. 

read more...
    0 58
    • RennySchweiger
      PedroRodrigues Hi Renny Schweiger, yes you can, the factory presets are stored permanently within the device, even if you've overwritten them with custom presets. The custom presets are stored in a different location and applied "over" the factory presets when you save them.

When you delete a factory, or custom preset, leaving the space "blank" within VoiceSupport, the unit automatically re-populates that spot with the factory preset.
      You can also use Mix Knob 4 to select the Preset number where the current Preset will be stored.
      If you want to save the Preset where it currently is, do not change this value.
      If you would like to save the Preset to another location, change “Store To” to another number.
      The name of the selected Preset slot will be displayed in the upper part of the screen.
      Using Store To is handy when you would like to make several Presets with similar sounds.
      You can create a “master” Preset and store it so a few different locations using Store To.
      You can then edit those copies further if you wish.
      • August 24, 2020
    • RennySchweiger
      RennySchweiger Thanks for the reply Pedro. My apologies for not being more clear, but you missed the essence of the question. I only used the generic names Preset "#1" and "#2" to mean two presets in general. I my specific case they are both user presets, not factory presets.
      • August 24, 2020
    • RennySchweiger
      RennySchweiger The question still stands -- if I create a (new user) preset (B) and copy it AS A STEP to another user preset (A), can I delete the preset (B) used for the step? Will the preset (A) now with two steps in it remain intact if I overwrite or delete the user preset (B)?
      • August 24, 2020
    • RennySchweiger
      PedroRodrigues Hi Renny Schweiger ,please be aware that on the VL3x copying a preset, whether its to a new user preset or a step in another preset it does not retain any ties to the old preset. It does not act like an alias. So modifying the original will not change the new preset/step.
      • August 25, 2020
    • RennySchweiger
      RennySchweiger Thanks Pedro, it worked. I deleted the no-longer-needed user preset and the Preset with the Step is still intact. Also FYI thsi is on my VL3 (i.e., not a VL3x).
      • August 26, 2020
  • Spaceman21489
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-08-18

I am having a heck of a time with my VL3? I've got the basics down but I'm having trouble with one last thing. The way I have it mapped is so I can hit "harmony" and "double" from the main screen but then to get my lead guitar tone (different than my rhythm sound) I've got a HIT button that I press but the problem is the "tone" stays the same (delay and drive DO change; that's ok). In other words, I want two different "AMP" modelings for my guitar but I need it on one screen (for instance "1 New Harmony). Thanks.

read more...
    0 23
    • Spaceman21489
      TCH-Rob Hi @Spaceman21489 ! To change effect settings or "styles" (such as amp models, reverb type, etc.) you'll need to use the steps function on VL3. Steps are separate presets that are stored within each preset and allow you to cycle through those instead of using the hit control. For more info on Steps head to page 45 of the VL3 reference manual. Please let me know if you have any further questions! :)
      • August 18, 2020
    • Spaceman21489
      Spaceman21489 Thank you! I will give it a shot.
      • August 18, 2020
Go to page