Statistics

285,448 members
167,422 posts
  • hermyinaz
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-05-17
    Hello folks I am new to bass guitar, I have been playing lead guitar for 20 years and switching to bass now, so I was wondering I wanted to buy that new rh750 head but can I run a rs212 cab with it or a rs 210 cab ? Because the wattage on the head is 750 watts going into a cab that is rated at 450 .....Wont that blow the doors off of those cabs if I just run like 1 rs 212 or 1 rs 210 ? Do I have to basically buy both the 212 and 210 and stack them for more wattage to keep up with this new head or ? Yeah I dont understand to much about the whole cab and head thing and matching up the wattages.....Ok thanks alot any help would be appreciated.....thanks, Bryan.
    read more...
    0 3,986
    • hermyinaz
      CAW You can run with one cab just fine. Just don't turn it up all the way... Also, with one cab, you're putting an 8ohm load on it instead of a 4ohm load, which reduces its max power output by something like 33%.
      • May 27, 2011
    • hermyinaz
      mesajoe I'm running my RH750 against a single RS112 - it is absolutely fine (a great practice combo), but then I am not trying to blast the doors off the house.

So a singe RS212 will be fine..

• June 25, 2011
  • sara
    Contributor - Level 1
    2011-05-03
    Hello,

I am new in with this hardware, I bought the tc eletronic m4000 and I want to use with Digi002 rack.

I try to setupd using spdif conection, but dont work.

Someone could guide me step by step for conect and setup with protools?

Thank you
    read more...
    0 518
  • gmcelroy
    Contributor - Level 1
    2011-05-03
    I'm a new user of TC Bass products and just bought an RH450, which sounds great however when I went to use my headphones the jack did not work nor was the speaker output cut off as it should have been. Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so how was it fixed? I have already contacted the store I bought it from and they have emailed TC Tech support.
    read more...
    0 1,770
  • Irwin
    Contributor - Level 1
    2011-04-27
    First, I love the amp! I have an NS Designs WAV bass, and I can model it with this amp to sound like an upright bass violin or like a bass guitar. The (possible) problem is that when I'm operating using a memory setting, muting and then unmuting results in a big reduction in output. I have to exit the memory setting and then reselect it. Then the amp output is as expected. Is this normal, or is there a problem with the amp? I just purchased this amp in December 2010 and took delivery in January.

Irwin
    read more...
    0 1,863
  • Neoland
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-04-10
    Ok guys, I read the manual, watched the videos, read the forum etc etc.

Still I wondered what exactly happens when I overdrive the input of my RH 450. Ok, the light blinks that it's distorting, but actually it doesn't sound that bad in my ears.

Can you actually damage your amp doing that, or is the advice ("when the overload light comes on go two clicks back") just soundwise.
    read more...
    0 3,625
    • Neoland
      Neoland Hello...hello.....hello, anybody out there?
      • April 21, 2011
    • Neoland
      joeglow If you use too much gain then the indicator will blink but if it stays on steady then you're overloading the gain circuit. I'm no engineer or electronics wizard but I'd say not only will your sound be compromised but there could be a cut out in performance. Perhaps a fail safe so you don't blow the curcuit board is a shutdown of the processing.
      • April 21, 2011
    • Neoland
      Neoland Hi Joeglow, thanks for your reaction, but did you experience such a cut out yourself, or do you assume it could happen.

Like I said, the sound itself doesn't sound compromised to me.

Maybe someone from TC can shed some light?
      • April 21, 2011
    • Neoland
      joeglow No I've never had a cut off of sound but I can only assume it is a fail safe so it doesn't happen. I'd love it if there was a TC bass know it all on board here. It would be great to get an official word on certain things.
      • April 22, 2011
  • CAW
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-04-16
    The RH450 allowed three RS cabs to be daisy-chained, despite this violating the 4ohm rule using "normal" calculations. I have three RS212 cabs. When using this stack with the Blacksmith, should I set it to the 2ohm position (since 3 8ohm cabs should technically be out of limits for a 4ohm power source)? Or does the Blacksmith handle them like the RH450 does, and thus prefers the 4ohm setting for this configuration?

Additionally, given that the Blacksmith supports 4 RS410s, I'm assuming it should also support 4 RS212s. Is this correct? And if so, is it OK to daisy-chain all four cabs together and use only one output terminal on the Blacksmith? Or should I really connect two cabs to each of the two terminals? My understanding is that both output terminals are tied together internally (much like in the cabs), so it shouldn't matter if I use one or both. Yes/No?

Thanks,
    A very happy Blacksmith owner.
    read more...
    0 2,001
  • CBrown
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-04-15
    I have owned and loved the RH450 for a couple of years now. After my first test drive of the Blacksmith here at Bass Emporium, all I can say is "Wow!". With all the controls set flat and at a medium volume, the amp sounds more open and natural than the RH with the same full low end I love from the RH. Oh yeah, and BTW, it is LOUD! Headroom for days!
    read more...
    0 1,783
  • JH
    Contributor - Level 1
    2011-04-07
    Hi,
    Im a Jazz and Acoustic Pop double bassist and i need to buy a new rig.
    Did anyone try this Staccato 51 to amplify a doublebass with a Realist pickup?
    What would be the best speaker choice? 2X10 or 2X12 ?
    I'm kind of confused please help
    cheers!
    read more...
    0 2,726
    • JH
      thereturnfc u should take ur bass and try it in the store...if u asked me....

probably 2x12 and 2x10 should be enough...unless u go for 4x10 and 2x12....which is pretty massive
      • April 7, 2011
    • JH
      JH Yap I Should try it but I live in Portugal and they don´t have that one here now....
      • April 7, 2011
  • thereturnfc
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-01-11
    1600watt...oh my god....
    so looking forward for this!
    0 3,144
    • thereturnfc
      jcbrotel Hi,

Just one question: why did you get an RS112 instead of RS212 - just a matter of price ?
      • April 3, 2011
    • thereturnfc
      thereturnfc i took it cuz of price + i dont wanna over kill it since my budget land when i buy 210 and 112...+rh450, and i must tell you that when there is two cab together, it sounds so great than just one cab alone

also, size since i travel sometime alone by bus , i can just take 112 by hand on bus for my distance small gig/practice session. My 210 stays at school where i do most of the gig and practice.

but before u decide, IMO i must tell u that 12'inch is a must, i really dig that low end when combine with 10'inch....

if possible i would want 410 and 212, but that is a long way in term of budget for me...

or i just go with another 212, which should be really loud enough...i never pull the master control over 1'oclock
      • April 6, 2011
  • yogurtboy
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-01-29
    i got a RS210 the other day. Sounded good, but I really found it awkward to carry. It definitely requires its own trip from the car, and I'd much prefer to make one trip (at least for rehearsals). I returned it for an RS112. Now I can carry everything in one trip from the car again.

But for gigs, I'd consider getting a second RS112, but here's the thing...

The 2x10 and 2x12 cabs are rated at 400w @ 8 ohms

The 1x12 is 200w @ 8ohms

If I run the RH450 into TWO RS112s, is it technically capable of pushing more wattage? Or am I just going to get the same volume through 2 cabs?
    read more...
    0 3,831
    • yogurtboy
      yogurtboy TC's support confirmed my guess that more air being moved = more volume. ie:

"If you add a RS112 you will double the sound pressure and will be much louder than using only one. "
      • January 30, 2011
    • yogurtboy
      MatsD Sorry for hijacking your thread but a related question is if there is any difference in sound if i choose two RS112 instead of a single rs212 apart for the impedance that makes the former alternative able to sound louder.

What I fear though is that having two smaller cabinets doesn't allow for as deep frequency response as having one larger, although the total volumes are equal. If this is a neglectible difference, I'd rather go for two RS122, not primarily for being able to play louder but because of weight and portability. I have a bad back and being able to split the weight between more units is a big plus.
      • March 25, 2011
Go to page