Statistics

289,498 members
172,015 posts
  • spareroomstudio
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-05-30

Hi folks. Having a new issue with X32.  let me explain and see if you can help out. We are using the X32 console for FOH, and the X32 rack on stage for IEM's.  We also have the S16 stage box for all instruments and mic's coming back to the main console.  The Main Console is setup on Bus 1-11 for all the IEM's.  We recently had to do some stage work and had to power everything off and move some cables around.  So even though we believe everything is plugged back in correctly there seems to be no communication for the Buses back to the X32 rack.  The B section also is not showing the box checked/green, and every so often flashes n/n (which I presume is no communications).  We ran several cables directly from the console to the x32 rack to make sure it was not a bad cable. Still no communications to the rack.  We have not changed any of the scenes on the main console (at least that we are aware of).   We are at a loss in what to do next.  Without the X32 rack, our worship team has no IEM's.  Any information on steps we can take to get the two talking to each other again would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. 

read more...
    0 123
    • spareroomstudio
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi Chuck @spareroomstudio ,

Check the X32 Rack (Setup, config screen) to make sure that the syncronization is not on Internal. It should be set to the  AES50 port that is being used on the Rack to connect to the X32 FOH.

• May 30, 2020
  • FBCS
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-05-28

Hi, I downloaded Ver 4.1, extracted the zip and ran the X32 Edit. Wonder why it hangs Channel 23 out at the end of Bank 17 after the DCAs? Is it just my PC (MS Surface Pr0, Win 10, 1909)?

I initialized, Mixer, Show Data, & Libraries under Setup>Mixer>Initialize. Still shows the same arrangement.

I loaded up scenes from Posts on this forum, and from our setup and still leaves Channel 23 out after DCA8.

Is this Channel in time-out??

Al

Screenshot (5).png
    read more...
    0 394
    • FBCS
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi Al @FBCS ,

In all likelyhood you have a bank arrangement assigned. On the far left column is an Edit button. Click that and drag ch 23 over to where it is suppose to be. 

• May 28, 2020
    • FBCS
      FBCS

Hi Paul, I clicked on Edit and it shows all in order. See attached

Screenshot (6).png
      • May 28, 2020
    • FBCS
      FBCS

I could not drag any channels in "Edit". They just turn on and off. But I hit "Clear All" and "Init" and all Channels lined up correctly. Thanks!

• May 28, 2020
    • FBCS
      Paul_Vannatto

@FBCS wrote:

I could not drag any channels in "Edit". They just turn on and off. But I hit "Clear All" and "Init" and all Channels lined up correctly. Thanks!

Great to hear that you got it fixed. You are correct that when in the channel config screen, you can't drag them. Click on the Mixer tab (at the top). Then on the left side is a Move button. That is what you use to drag them in different order.

• May 28, 2020
    • FBCS
      FBCS

Thanks Paul. Will arranging them on X32 Edit then syncing with the board change the arrangement there as well? And maintain the routing?

• May 29, 2020
  • RaymondCronin
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-05-28

Hey guys,

We bought an audio interface so our church could have quality livestreams and whenever I used the UMC202HD with my Mac in conjunction with Ecamm Live it makes both audio and video skip and cut out. This doesn't only happen on livestream but it happens on the recording files as well. I tested Ecamm with only the camera and my internal mic and the issue is gone when I stop using the interface. I'm thinking there's a miscommunication between the Mac and the interface. In addition I wanted to check to see if it was a soundboard issue, so instead of running the main out into the interface I used one of the microphones to see if the issue would persist and it did. So I've narrowed it down to my audio interface and my Mac having problems. Anything would be helpful. We've triple checked the audio interface and it is not clipping. Phantom power is on and I've yet to test if that's the issue, but I'm not near the audio interface at this time. Some help would be greatly appreciated. The interface is halting our ability to livestream at the moment.

read more...
    0 58
  • wsbcav
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-05-25

Good Day!

Looking for some advice. As like many churches have done recently, we have stuck our foot in the 'live stream' door. I set up our M32 Mix Bus (XLR) to go to the ATEM Mini live stream mixer (1/8" TRS).  I supposedly have all the correct cables (Hosa XLRF-3.5mm TRS Rt Ang Cable, 5' ) but I get a hum. I can filter it out using a DI box, but obviously that attenuates the signal way too much. I can use a Zoom recorder as a go between to get rid of it, but that is not ideal as it influnces the quality of the signal. 

The hum is not present on any other perifial that utilizes any of my mix bus outs (XLR). Also, when a mic is connected directly to the ATEM Mini, the hum is not there. My sales rep is baffled by this as so am I. Everything is powered from a power conditioner. Any thoughts?

Thank you for your time and Happy Memorial Day!

Mke

read more...
    0 613
    • wsbcav
      RexBeckett

@wsbcav 

Hello Mike, welcome to the community.

I believe that the 3.5mm audio inputs on the ATEM Mini are stereo so that cable may be part of the problem. I think you would need a cable like this to connect the stereo mixbus through two XLR outputs to the ATEM Mini. 

Edit: Even though the specifications call the audio inputs stereo, I think they are really for mono mics.

I prefer to separate the grounds of audio and video systems. If a DI box reduces the signal too much, you could use a pair of 1:1 line isolating transformers like this. 

• May 25, 2020
    • wsbcav
      wsbcav

Thank you for the suggestion. What is it that I am not understanding about my current setup that is causing the hum? Is it the stereo vs TRS? In this configuration, I would need to designate another mix bus out for live stream. Is that common? 

Mike

• May 25, 2020
    • wsbcav
      RexBeckett

@wsbcav wrote:

Thank you for the suggestion. What is it that I am not understanding about my current setup that is causing the hum? Is it the stereo vs TRS? In this configuration, I would need to designate another mix bus out for live stream. Is that common? 

Mike

@wsbcav 

I questioned the cable because it is described as intended for a microphone. It doesn't specify how it is wired and that can be important when trying to connect between balanced and unbalanced equipment.

Hum is a common problem when connecting audio and video gear together through unbalanced cables. It can be accentuated when connecting a professional line-level output to an input intended for consumer sources. In some cases it may be necessary to include attenuators to match the signal level. Line isolating transformers (linked in previous post) would help by breaking the ground connection.

Looking deeper at the ATEM Mini, I think the audio inputs are for mono mics but use a stereo TRS 3.5mm connector. So there could be a huge difference in signal level (depending on the ATEM setting for Mic/Line input). I would reach for a DI box. If this reduces the level too much it suggests a problem with the cables.

• May 25, 2020
  • roxy
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-05-27

Hello:

I would like to know if this UMC204 hd is compatible with mac? 

0 85
  • jhonoso10
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-05-21

Hola.

Necesito configurar mi x32 de tal manera q mi mezcla LR sea enviada via USB a uno de estos programas. OBS- Facebook-YouTube-Zoom, ETC.

La idea es usar los 32 canales de la consola y tambien hacer mezcla de monitor In ears a los musicos. ta,bien usar los FX de la consola y poder darle un toque de masterizacion  en el LR.

Como puedo hacer todo esto.
    Muchas gracias.

read more...
    0 120
    • jhonoso10
      RexBeckett

@jhonoso10 

Hello John, welcome to the community.

We can advise you better if we can see your current configuration. Export your current scene (Scenes -> Utility on the console or by using X32 Edit) and attach the .scn file to your post (see Choose File button below).

• May 21, 2020
    • jhonoso10
      jhonoso10

Hola, Gracias x la respuesta, 

te adjunto la scena con la cual trabajo, alli se puede evicendiar que estoy utilizando casi todos los recursos de la consola.

Gracias x la ayuda

STREAMING X32.scn
      • May 24, 2020
    • jhonoso10
      RexBeckett

@jhonoso10 wrote:

Hola, Gracias x la respuesta, 

te adjunto la scena con la cual trabajo, alli se puede evicendiar que estoy utilizando casi todos los recursos de la consola.

Gracias x la ayuda

@jhonoso10 

What version of firmware are you running on the X32? It looks quite old. I don't know if you would be able to load a scene if I modify it using X32 Edit V3.2. Do you use X32 Edit? If so I could show you the settings instead of modifying your scene.

I see you have already set Matrix buses 5/6 for the streaming output. These can be routed to USB Sends 1/2 after being assembled into a block. Are you using Ultranet for monitoring?

• May 24, 2020
    • jhonoso10
      jhonoso10

Hola, Muchas gracias.

Te adjunto una nueva scena con la version actual del X32 Edit. 

Con respecto a ¿Estás utilizando Ultranet para monitorizar?  la respuesta es no, solo los mix bus fisicos que son  in ears.

y con respecto  a esto // --  Si es así, podría mostrarle la configuración en lugar de modificar su escena. Seria estupendo, y asi poder aprender mucho mas.

De ante mano muchas gracias

STREAMING X32 V2.scn
      • May 25, 2020
    • jhonoso10
      RexBeckett

@jhonoso10 wrote:

Hola, Muchas gracias.

Te adjunto una nueva scena con la version actual del X32 Edit. 

Con respecto a ¿Estás utilizando Ultranet para monitorizar?  la respuesta es no, solo los mix bus fisicos que son  in ears.

y con respecto  a esto // --  Si es así, podría mostrarle la configuración en lugar de modificar su escena. Seria estupendo, y asi poder aprender mucho mas.

De ante mano muchas gracias

@jhonoso10 

First we stage the Matrix 5/6 outputs on the Routing -> Ultranet tab using post-fader signal taps:

Routing, UltranetRouting, Ultranet

Then we can route the first Ultranet block to the USB output on Routing -> Card:

Routing, CardRouting, Card

This will result in Matrix 5/6 outputs being routed to USB Sends 1/2. 

• May 25, 2020
  • JKPCAHSC
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-05-26

Our sound board stopped working can someone from tech support call me 

0 85
    • JKPCAHSC
      RexBeckett

@JKPCAHSC 

Hello John, welcome to the community.

You are more likely to get help from Technical Support if you raise a Care ticket. This is done by clicking on Support at the top of the page and then clicking the Create a Care Ticket button. This is only possible if you have completed all the required fields in your profile. Make sure that you fill-in every required field on the Care form.

• May 26, 2020
  • dan_eli7
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-05-25

Hi there,

My church has a X32 Rack mixer for our broadcast mixer. We currently have an X32 as a FOH mixer with two SD16s connected to the X32, daisy chained to one another, on port A of the X32.

Now, we are sending the signals from the X32 to the X32 rack from Port B of the X32 to port A of the X32 Rack. Is this the right way to do it?
    Right now, I'm getting a "digital trim" as my gain instead the regular gain on the X32 RACK. Is that normal? Or should I send a CAT 5 Cable from Port B of the SD16s To Port A of the X32 RACK?

Thank you for your time.

read more...
    0 122
    • dan_eli7
      DaveMorrison

@dan_eli7 wrote:

Now, we are sending the signals from the X32 to the X32 rack from Port B of the X32 to port A of the X32 Rack. Is this the right way to do it?

Yes. That is one of the correct ways.

Right now, I'm getting a "digital trim" as my gain instead the regular gain on the X32 RACK. Is that normal? Or should I send a CAT 5 Cable from Port B of the SD16s To Port A of the X32 RACK?

Yes. Only one console can control the preamp gain. The other(s) will have digital trim. 

The S16 can not be connected to a console through it's AES50-B port. That's only for other stage boxes.

If you need help with routing, give us a shout.

• May 25, 2020
    • dan_eli7
      ScottyFPOB

I am about to set up the same. My question; what is digital trim and how does that work?

• May 25, 2020
    • dan_eli7
      CraigFowler

It gives you -+18 dB of attenuation/boost at the top of the channel.  It’s a digital trim, so it doesn’t affect the preamp behind the channel.

• May 25, 2020
    • dan_eli7
      ScottyFPOB

Is that controlled with the gain know or is it at the top of the fader slide?

• May 25, 2020
  • AlexLane
    Community Manager
    2020-05-26

Midas What goes on tour... Part 1 - with Chris Braun

read more...
    0 99
  • wsbcav
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-05-25

Good Day Everyone!

In my research, I have found tutorials on using 2 32 channel or 2 16 channel stage boxes. I was wondering if the following configuration will be a problem:

Midas DL32 Channel stage box AES-50 A-to FOH mixer A input, AES-50 B to stream/recording mixer A input

Midas DL16 Channel Stage box AES-50 A Ato FOH mixer B input, AES-50 B to stream/recoring mixer B input. 

The 32 channel stage box will recieve all of the physcal inputs on stage. 

Ther 16 Channel stage box located in the sound both will recieve all of the wireless inputs as well as all multimedia. 

All of the tutorials I have seen use either/or but not both together. 

Hope you have a Happy Memorial day and thank you for your time reading my question.

Mike

read more...
    0 88
    • wsbcav
      CraigFowler

No.

The DL32A>FOHA is fine.

The DL32B>StreamA is fine.

The DL16A>FOHB is fine.

The DL16B>StreamB is not fine.  This is because the DL16's B socket is only meant to be used for cascading stageboxes, not connecting to a console (unlike the DL\S32's B socket, which can be connected to another console.)

There might be a workaround it if we knew more about your intended setup.  What console are you using for FOH?  How many inputs (and outputs) on the DL32 and DL16 do you actually need?

Also, although a single AES50 cable can carry 48 signals to a console (assuming X\M32, not a Wing,) only 38 of those signals can actually make it onto channels for processing (32 with full process, 6 with limited processing.)

• May 25, 2020
Go to page