Statistics

268,791 members
148,425 posts
  • InactiveUser
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-08-29
    So I have a trusty pair of B212A's that I've had for years. I use them at shows of various types, in multiple venues, etc. They have been carted everywhere, are insanely durable (excepting the little screw thingy on their mount - I lost both screw thingies within the first year...). They have even made several appearances on the Playa in Black Rock City! But now, during a show last week, when I tried to fire one of them up, she came alive, but the red clip light stayed lit, and she had almost no sound....and then a second or two later, died, and has not shown any signs of life since. I tried replacing the fuse, but that did not work (the previous fuse looked ok anyways). I've got the thing apart on my bench, but I'm not quite sure what I'm looking for. Any ideas as to exactly what has failed on this thing? I'm guessing it's gotta be somewhere on the power board? Does anyone have schematics for this thing?

(ps - yes, I know this thing has a huge capacitor, and that it may not be discharged. I'm generally aware of how not to get killed while working with such objects, and have a fair amount of experience working on CRT monitors and ATX power supplies, as well as a few amplifiers)
    read more...
    0 1,262
  • InactiveUser
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-08-24
    Does any one know how to hook this amp up using the built in crossovers? I'm using two of these on my system. Where do I find the speaker cables required to do this? None of the music shops have them.

Thanks,
    Gary
    0 1,588
    • InactiveUser
      PerSovik What will you be connecting to?

Subs + Tops? Then it should be quite straightforward using ordinary two way speakon leads separately to subs and tops. If you are using the B1800X, then you can run a NL4 four way lead to the sub and a NL2 two way lead between sub and top, but if you cant get the four way lead, then four two way leads will work fine. Channel A to tops and channel B to subs.

If you are connecting to biamped tops, it would depend on the make and model, some use two ordinary speakon leads, one for low and one for high, while others need a four way lead. However, in this case you can't use the built in fixed 100Hz crossover, you need an external x-over.
      • August 26, 2012
  • InactiveUser
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-08-27
    Hi all,

is the P16I capable to work with microphone level inputs directly from a passive multicore-split, or do I need to have a preamp in between?

Hardwood
    0 1,027
  • InactiveUser
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-08-26
    Hi, I have a problem when I turn on my behringer eurodesk SL3242FX-PRO, when I turn it on all the lights and effects numbers start flashing for like 5 minutes and then stop and looks great.

Thanks!
    0 1,319
  • InactiveUser
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-08-22
    This should be a simple task and I am sure I am missing something. I called the Behringer Support number and they "didn't know". I had to return my first X32 due to intermittant gain issues and lost all of my configurations. How can I save every setting in the console to USB? I can do this easily on other digital consoles.

Thanks,

Gary
    read more...
    0 1,057
    • InactiveUser
      DickFranks Press the "View" button in the Scenes section. Then press the "Utility Button" . On the bottom of the display you'll see an option to save the show to the USB thumbdrive. This saves all the scenes.
      • August 23, 2012
  • DickFranks
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-08-23
    I haven't seen any issues with 1.05, so waiting to load 1.06. Wondering if anybody has installed it.
    0 1,180
    • DickFranks
      InactiveUser I have 1.06 installed. So far there have been no noticable issues.
      • August 23, 2012
    • DickFranks
      PerSovik 1.07 is out now, so you can skip 1.06
      • August 23, 2012
    • DickFranks
      DickFranks Hope they fixed the bug I found. If you assign non-home page links to the Assign buttons, they don't work right.
      • August 23, 2012
  • InactiveUser
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-08-21
    My church is looking at buying the X32, but a concern I have is if you need help with connection, setup, or not knowing how to do something, is there a number in the States we can call? I know you can email but a phone number would be a lot more helpful when we can't wait a day two for a response. Any new on a more indepth manual? Just saw the question on how do you get to the labeling of the tracks.....where is this in manual for example?
    read more...
    1 7,005
    • InactiveUser
      DickFranks For the tech support number, check the first category in this forum: "For Technical and/or Warranty Support..."

To change the channel labeling, see page 17 in the manual:

4.12 What kinds of Utilities are available?

The X32 console provides various utilities that make the console much easier and more fun to use, while providing a great deal of flexibility and power. Examples Include:

Channel Customization: Various input and output channels can have custom colors, names, and icons assigned to them, which are then shown in the color LCD screens located on each channel strip. Using these functions, you will always know exactly what source and destination is tied to the channel, with no need for board tape and sharpie pens. For example, an input channel could be labeled “kick drum” while the channel for a mix output could be labeled “Joey’s monitor”.

• Press the SELECT button for a channel you wish to assign a custom label, icon, and color for.

• Press the home key, then page right to the CONFIG page. You can also press the VIEW button next to the LOW CUT pot to go to the CONFIG page.

• Press the UTILITIES button.

• Adjust the various encoders to select a color, icon, and type in a name for the selected channel. The X32 also provides a long list of preset names for typical input sources and output destinations, saving time and effort.
      • August 22, 2012
  • InactiveUser
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-08-21
    I own a PMP6000 and X1202FX, have owned others including the DDX. Would you please consider building these configurations as shown in the pics on these links?

Based on the QX1202USB:

http://s648.photobucket.com/albums/uu203/ed323us/?action=view&current=mixBehrQX1202FXEDZ.jpg

This adds 2 XLR channels to the 4 there, another FX on a L/R channel control, and would add mon mix, FX footswitch control, and sweep-mid EQ on a ring on the channel mid knob.

Based on the PMP6000:

http://s648.photobucket.com/albums/uu203/ed323us/?action=view&current=mixBehrQX1202FXEDZ.jpg

This removes 4 XLR channels, and one stereo line channel with EQ replaced by 4 stereo line channels w/o EQ. It adds single-knob compression to the 8 XLR channels.

It's getting to where all my vox processing is getting done by TCHelicon boxes, and acoustic guitar FX are stereo outboard, so I need the extra stereo line-ins rather than extra XLRs.

Thanks for your consideration!
    read more...
    0 1,064
  • InactiveUser
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-08-21
    We have a pair of B1800D subs that we used twice. One of the speakers has a BLUE power lED and the other has a yellow color. The speaker is also not as loud as the one with the Blue LED. What is causing this?

Thanks
    0 1,033
  • TrevWilkins
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-07-14
    I've read a lot about the X32 and it seems that it can do something that most digital mixers can't (I hope so). I've used many digital mixers for live shows but they don't allow you to group channels to a buss and compress the buss. This is especially useful when running monitors from FOH as compressing the channel also affects the aux send. The usual workaround is to copy channels and use separate FOH and monitor channels but that's just using up channels for no good reason.
    It may be possible on other mixers but no house engineer has ever been able to demonstrate this. It's very easy on an analogue mixer.

I'd like to group several channels (e.g. vocals) send their outputs to a stereo group, compress the group and be able to control its output from a DCA or group fader.

Can the X32 compress busses in this way?
    read more...
    0 2,289
    • TrevWilkins
      InactiveUser Hi Funrocker,

Thanks for visiting our forums. We really appreciate it when people take the time to ask questions about our products and we try our best to always provide timely accurate answers.

When i get into the office Monday morning, I'll find a member of the BEHRINGER team that can answer your question. Expect a response from myself or someone else by end of the day Monday.

Thanks!

-Mike37615.png37540.png37614.png37539.png37538.png37536.png37609.png
      • July 15, 2012
    • TrevWilkins
      ChristianBoche Hi Funrocker,

yes, you can do that! You can build DCAs and audio subgroups on the X32. F.e. send all your vocal channels to a dedicated subgroub and compress them there. You can ride the volume of all channels at once with the associated subgroup fader.

Christian
      • July 15, 2012
    • TrevWilkins
      TrevWilkins Sounds good, can you assign the subgroup to a DCA?
      • July 16, 2012
    • TrevWilkins
      ChristianBoche

Funrocker wrote:

Sounds good, can you assign the subgroup to a DCA?

Yes
      • July 19, 2012
    • TrevWilkins
      PerSovik navtecki wrote:

> I have build a drum-group by press-and-hold gruop 1 select and press select

> from the drum-channels. Now I want to add to the drum-group a compressor.

> How can I do that? By pressing select of this Group no menu

> is available.

You can't process a VCA group, a VCA is just a volume control that works on several signals at the same time. To do group processing, you need to assign your drums channels to a mixbus.

Assuming you want Mixbus 1 and 2 to be your stereo drum group, first you configure the mixbuses:

Select Mixbus 1 - select Link and LR in the home screen .

Select the first drum channel - select Sends - select Sub Group in the Pre-post field for the linked1-2 sends - select main and turn off the output to mains.

( The fader indication for the two buses will go blank, there is no sends on faders from the channel to that group now, the send is now on the channel's main fader and pan. No signal will go from the channel straight to main.)

Repeat for all drum channels.

Now you can select Mixbus 1 again, there you have got the dyn and eq for the mixbus to serve your basic compression and overall eq needs. ( select Config and add your insert if you want one )
      • August 21, 2012
Go to page