Statistics

261,465 members
140,192 posts
  • InactiveUser
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-08-11
    hey guys got my mixer yesterday , but it seems it came with a problem , all the meter lights are on when powered up and the eq on all lines are not working , any help would be appreciated , I live in Trinidad and bought it online from amazon
    0 1,423
    • InactiveUser
      CraigReeves I would suggest processing a return through Amazon ASAP. This is not normal behavior. Or at least contacting our customer service.
      • August 14, 2012
  • InactiveUser
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-08-13
    Ok, got a few simple questions about mixers:

Before I start, this is particularly with the 1204USB

This one is concerning the TS from 3,5 MM jack:

1) I noticed while recording from my mixer from USB (receiving audio from 3.5 mm to duel TS), I am getting a constant "wine hiss" . I also noticed that If don't have the audio channel maxed out volume from source (soundcards) that I get this annoying static, especially at lower ranges. Is this typical?

BIG QUESTION. Applicable to all the Xynex USB audio interfaces.

Ok, the whole point of me going to USB is to get a digital source. NOW, the fact that I am getting an impure source from USB started making the wheels in my head spin. If the USB is the recorded source, why would I not have a digital transference, which would totally eliminate the concept of worrying about signal and things of this nature?

Also with the USB, I notice a lot of static when I scroll the mouse. Is it possible that the interfaces also attached to USB are causing static on the live recording? this question kinda ties into the previous statement.

Am I really flawed here in the way I'm thinking about it? Its been brought up 10000000 times about this at broadcastingworld.net (We talk about Behringer all the time) but so I'm not "sea layering" here, I just wanted to get some confirmation from the source.

Other questions:

Whats the recommended way to adapt an aux send to a 3.5 mm jack for a computer recording in. Its stereo 3.5 jack. Any recommended way to do so?

Ok, I'm not an audio guy by trade, but always wondered about this. I want to hook up duel headsets on my phone jack, or use a duel to split the headset to use as another source for control room out (Almost all my audio is getting routed to computers or 3.5 mm devices) SO, with that being said, If I split the stereo of any input/output or adapt it, is it expected to have degradation to signal? Or is it better to daisy chain audio devices (in example, I send channel for phones to Stereo TS to 3.5 mm adapter, then to tape deck, then listen through device) Just curious for audio purposes.

Next question.

Gain vs. volume control. Just curious for sound quality whats better to mess with there>
    read more...
    0 1,977
    • InactiveUser
      InactiveUser Just so I can give a sample of the "winey Hiss" or "white noise" Im getting:

http://thebeattransit.com/mixer%20zerod%20out.wav

This is it. This is with the mixer NOT taking any sources, and all aux turned down, and aux sends disconnected.
      • August 12, 2012
    • InactiveUser
      InactiveUser I dont get it.

I ditched the USB cord. Crystal clear on the main out on XLR adapted to A/V cables, to 3.5 MM....????????????????????? So its not the mixer, its not the Sources, its the connection of the USB? Im beginning to think that the machines other devices on the USB connections are causing issues.
      • August 13, 2012
    • InactiveUser
      InactiveUser OK....I'll just set it up how my old 1204FX PRO was set up....
      • August 13, 2012
    • InactiveUser
      InactiveUser I hope this prob you are getting doesnt plague all their usb mixers as i just purchased the x1832usb after a long thought out decision that started with getting the x1204usb but decided the x1832usb is the best for me. So far the only other reference i have seen to the issue you have is a you tube video on the x302usb where the guy shows the actually audio recording and the white noise registering in his recording app. It will be interesting to see what Behringer Support has to say about this.
      • August 14, 2012
  • InactiveUser
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-08-14
    I purchased the Xenyx 502 from amazon a few days ago and received the package today. After getting the unit out, I realized that the power supply is the PSU MX3UL and not the MX3EU.
    I live in Singapore and I have no idea where to get the replacement power supply. Returning the product is the last thing I would want to do.
    read more...
    0 1,099
  • BruceMcIntosh
    Contributor - Level 1
    2012-08-11
    Hi,
    I am new to this subject being a videographer. I need to record musical groups with up to 4 mics 4 instrument inputs. I need to have individual pre fader outputs to go into a digital audio recorder system. I have looked at the sales descriptions but can't determine which instruments have these outputs. Can anyone tell me the lowest cost mixer that does?
    read more...
    0 2,079
    • BruceMcIntosh
      PerSovik Hi Bruce,

while only the bigger mixers have direct out from the channels, you can use the channel inserts of the smaller mixers to tap the signal. To do this you need cheater jack cables with mono plug in one end and stereo plug in the other end. The ring and tip of the stereo plug needs to be connected together to feed the signal back into the mixer. Look for a mixer with inserts, I believe the 1222 models are the smallest ones.
      • August 12, 2012
    • BruceMcIntosh
      BruceMcIntosh Thank you. I had read about the hack with the shorted stereo plugs but I didn't know which mixers had inserts. Now I know where to look.
      • August 12, 2012
  • KevinHunter
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-08-09
    I noticed that there are now two firware releases available for the x32 (1.03 & 1.05).

Its stnadard practice to include release notes to let people know if the updates are bug fixes or new features and they can make an informed choice wether to install them or not.

Can you do this ??

Kev
    read more...
    0 1,200
    • KevinHunter
      PerSovik If you unzip the file, you'll see that the releasenote is right there.
      • August 10, 2012
    • KevinHunter
      KevinHunter Yes you are absolutely correct

Im used to seeing the release notes on the download page so you can choose to download it or not .

But in the file is better than nothing .

Kev
      • August 10, 2012
  • InactiveUser
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-08-05
    i have everything all connected and installed the correct driver and when i go to Audacity i put my preferences on the Behringer but for some reason i try to record and nothing comes up on the program like its not catching anything at all i have the phantom power on and everything im fresh out of ideas what to do i just bought the equipment and ive had it for almost 2 weeks now and have not been able to record.

Can anyone please help me resolve this issue so i can record i have even written to Behringers tech support via email got a response with a case number but no one has yet gotten back to me
    read more...
    0 1,821
    • InactiveUser
      JamesBurns Hi XaviiSuperior!

Thank you for joining the forum. Tech support are really the best equipped to handle your question. Can you PM me your case number so I can check where you are in the system?

Take care,

James.
      • August 6, 2012
    • InactiveUser
      InactiveUser Its because you installed the drivers. Look at my Spheel I did a few threads down on it.

Once you install the drivers, The USB codec turns to a software driven ASIO device. It doesnt play nice with audacity.

You got to remove the drivers, and revert it back to USB audio codec status.
      • August 9, 2012
    • InactiveUser
      InactiveUser to properly get rid of the AISO driver in WIN 7:

1) you must go to- Control Panel---->Hardware---->Device manager---->

2) Go down to to your Universal Serial Bus (UBS) Devices

3) Disable and delete the Behringer 2.4.8 Audio Codec.

Then restart the comp. If its still there, you did something wrong.
      • August 9, 2012
    • InactiveUser
      InactiveUser twitter.com/xaviisuperior

Oh, mierda, ¿está usted a este tipo? Mi amigo te sigue en Twitter. San Diego, tío cuál está para arriba!
      • August 9, 2012
  • InactiveUser
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-08-09
    Hi there,

can somebody give me an advise how to do the settings when using both together? The sound comes in from a computer as mp3 file and shall leave the system(s) mid to hard compressed with good bass sound. There are so many knobs and possibilities for settings that I have resigned in the meantime

Or maybe it might not be good trying to use both machines?!? Thanks for help!
    read more...
    0 1,622
  • InactiveUser
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-08-08
    I want to command the presets of my ultracurve 2496 via Sysex. Where could I try these on the site.
    Thank you
    0 898
  • InactiveUser
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-08-06
    Wanted to know when the XENYX iX1642USB will be released.
    0 1,254
    • InactiveUser
      JamesBurns Hi Philly_Diva!

Thanks for joining the forum, and for the question. Unfortunately, we do not have a definitive release date for the iX1642USB due to the fact that the product is still in the testing stage.

Take care,

James.
      • August 6, 2012
  • JaredKoopman
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-08-01
    I do not see the dimensions listed anywhere, can you provide them please? I know they are 2 rack units high, but I need to know the depth.

Thanks
    Jared
    0 1,107
    • JaredKoopman
      PerSovik Depth of the S16 is 21.5 cm according to Christian Boche, the one that wrote the first review and has been using the X32 on 30+ gigs, some with the S16.
      • August 4, 2012
    • JaredKoopman
      JaredKoopman Thanks!
      • August 4, 2012
Go to page