Statistics

254,978 members
132,734 posts
  • InactiveUser
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-07-13
    i just bought this mixer, and now when testing it, i found that the beat counter doesnt really work, one the reasons i bought it. i think this doesnt have any science to do it, but just asking, is there a way to set this to work properly, or this is just a useless feature?
    read more...
    0 2,021
    • InactiveUser
      JamesBurns Hi Djing, welcome to the forum!

When I return to he office on Monday, I can check in with our Tech Support team to see if they know of this issue. Take care!
      • July 15, 2012
    • InactiveUser
      CraigReeves Like any beat counter in software or hardware, if the beat is regular there is a good chance it will work fine. If the beat is heavily syncopated or breaks from regular time, then it will have a harder time displaying an accurate BPM. This kind of behavior is consistent across even higher end software that does a special analysis pass on the audio (like in Traktor).

Specifically for the DJX, if you're having a problem with wildly varying BPMs, use the SYNC LOCK button to limit the BPM range for that deck. You can also tap the BEAT ASSIST button to manually calculate a BPM.
      • July 17, 2012
  • JaredKoopman
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-07-16
    Hi,

Has the firewire interface been tested with specific firewire devices?

I am wanting to multi-track record to my PC via the firewire port and then use that as a virtual sound check. Is there a particular firewire card I should be using in my computer?

Thanks
    Jared
    read more...
    0 1,361
    • JaredKoopman
      CraigReeves For any audio over Firewire use, it's a good idea to get a Texas Instruments based card. You'll see them recommended throughout pro audio.

If you have a laptop computer with an ExpressCard port, I highly recommend the ADS Pyro card. I've used it for a number of years with various Firewire interfaces and never had any problems.

For a desktop PC, a PCI or PCIe solution is going to be what you're after. I've used the SIIG DP Firewire PCIe card and never had any issues.

The TI chipset is pretty commonly used for aftermarket cards, but sometimes manufacturers change chipsets (for instance from TI to Ricoh) to save money. Watch out for this and be sure to look before you buy.
      • July 17, 2012
  • CraigReeves
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-07-17
    If you are suffering from a regular CPU spike every 10-15 seconds that results in pops and clicks in your audio, you might want to try this hotfix from Microsoft...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/981214

I've now seen several people report that it's fixed their dropout issues.
    read more...
    0 3,038
  • InactiveUser
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-07-13
    Not sure where to list this but I being a club dj and mobile dj would like to see a wireless mixer and powered speaker combo. I use another company's wireless set now works fine but it would be nice if it was incorporated into the speaker and mixer. Another idea is small 10" or 12" battery powered speakers. I have occasions where I have a gig on the beach away from a power source and instead of using generators it would great to have a speaker that is rechargeable and last for 3-4 hours
    read more...
    0 1,786
    • InactiveUser
      JamesBurns Hi djswampy,

Welcome to the forum! We appreciate your feedback.

best,

James.
      • July 16, 2012
    • InactiveUser
      InactiveUser If the power need is not too great, you could probably use an inverter with a deep cell battery. For audio applications you would need a "true sine wave" inverter. You should never "modified square wave" inverters with audio gear.
      • July 16, 2012
    • InactiveUser
      InactiveUser I also don't know where to post this, but it is a wish list item.

Now that Behringer is producing drum kits, maybe you could think about producing synthesizers too (it's probably already occurred to you, lol).

What I would love to see is a licensed ARP Odyssey Clone with digital controls but a full analog signal path. That me be a little expensive for your demographic.

So:

How about keyboard controller / iPad interface with a virtual ARP Odyssey operated by the retina display. That way you could offer a few different virtual synths, all using the same hardware.

Just some ideas. I hope to see a Behringer synth soon.
      • July 16, 2012
  • InactiveUser
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-07-16
    Hi there
    What are the real advantages of having DSP controlled power amps?
    0 1,514
    • InactiveUser
      JamesBurns Hi Paul! Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for your question. The biggest advantage as I see it would be having access to things like limiters and parametric EQs without having a lot of outboard gear, in case you wanted to zero in on feedback generating frequencies or speaker-destroying peaks.

Take care,

James.
      • July 16, 2012
  • InactiveUser
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-07-15
    Good of you to get this forum so thanks!
    I recently bought an upgraded(?)EPROM for my BVAPro,and would like to know what the benefits are in terms of MIDI connectivity?
    I can't seem to hook up to my laptop via USB,in order to use the editor software.
    What exactly will be improved upon.will it just add more presets?
    Nice 1U.B!
    read more...
    0 1,709
    • InactiveUser
      JamesBurns Hi! Welcome to the forum.

I can look into this when we all return to the office on Monday. Also, I'm sure our Tech Support team will be more than happy to assist you regarding your connectivity problems. Take care!
      • July 15, 2012
    • InactiveUser
      InactiveUser Ok,thanks James,I'll have a look and see whati can find

Nice137647.jpg
      • July 16, 2012
  • InactiveUser
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-07-13
    Hi there,

I'm a newby. I set up my Xenyx yesterday. However i can't record any input on my computer.
    The audio drivers are all working and selected. I hear sound through USB when I play a demo sing. But: If i plug in my guitar i can't get any signal through the USB to the computer. How do i have to connect my guitar (or other instrument). Do i have to selct buttons on the X1204USB? The manual is very short on this.
    read more...
    0 2,756
    • InactiveUser
      JamesBurns Hi Tonse! Welcome to the forum.

It sounds like you should get in touch with Tech Support.
      • July 13, 2012
    • InactiveUser
      InactiveUser Well the problem here is that guitars require amplification. The xenyx x1204 is not capable of amplifying. Connect the guitar to a guitar amp and them connect the amp to the soundboard and that should solve your problem.
      • July 14, 2012
  • JamesBurns
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-07-12
    How many channels do all of you have on your boards? Are you using all of them, or just one or two?37237.jpg
    0 1,571
    • JamesBurns
      InactiveUser Hi

I have XENYX 502and use ALL
      • July 12, 2012
    • JamesBurns
      InactiveUser I am using 24 channels per mixer together in one concert
      • July 12, 2012
    • JamesBurns
      InactiveUser I have a pmp5000 20 channel board. I use 16 of them. Love the board.
      • July 13, 2012
  • JamesBurns
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-07-12
    For technical and warranty support for your BEHRINGER product, the best way to contact us is through our CARE department.

You can contact us by phone at (1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact our CARE department via email at [email protected]. We try to respond to every email within 24-48 hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails we receive.

We hear you!37263.jpg37262.jpg37259.jpg37290.jpg37261.png
    read more...
    0 2,366
  • JamesBurns
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-07-12
    For technical and warranty support for your BEHRINGER product, the best way to contact us is through our CARE department.

You can contact us by phone at (1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact our CARE department via email at [email protected]. We try to respond to every email within 24-48 hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails we receive.

We hear you!37244.jpg
    read more...
    0 8,070
Go to page