Statistics

254,417 members
132,102 posts
  • New
    ProfessorEars
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-04

Hello tribe,

During educational presentations, I often share screen with audio.  Stereo settings and original sound is activated in the Zoom preferences, but the signal being received by zoom participants is in Mono.  The stereo switch on the device is engaged as well.  Using a macbook pro running High Sierra.  

I do not have this problem when a Focusrite 2i2 is being used in the signal chain.

read more...
    0 51
  • New
    Letauth
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-27

The email is invalid Music ID is showed up...

But Care Tickets creation need to select Brand and Model name...

How can I create Music ID?

thanks.

0 120
    • Letauth
      Nigel67 Hi Kazuma. Let me check with the Community Support Team and I will get back to you.
      • November 29, 2020
      • Can't create Music ID...
        Nigel67 Can I just confirm that you are trying to log in through the Community page
        https://community.musictribe.com/
        and not from the website homepage, as although they look very similar, the login through the website homepage is not for the Community, but a login for our partners and resellers. many thanks
        • November 29, 2020
  • New
    jfcjaime
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-29

Hi guys, im a sound tech in a church and i have a problem, my stage speakers does not have a proper volume (always too low, i have to crank the gain in the compressor to surpass this). Even the headphones needs a boost in the compressor gain because in the headphone amplifier i get a lot of noise if i increase the volume. I will send my scene if anyone can help me (our console is an X32)

View Attachment
    read more...
    0 93
    • jfcjaime
      RexBeckett Hi Jaime, you would get more output level if you increase the Compressor Threshold in the Main LR bus. A threshold of -30dB is quite low.

Some of your preamp Gains look quite low too. These are best set so that the input meters peak at about -12dBFS at performance levels.
      • November 29, 2020
      • X32 - Mix Outputs with low volume level on speakers
        jfcjaime I do not know how to set a proper gain structure, and my church is a big reverby box. I did some adjustment in the Main LR Bus and it's a little better now. I got a lot of feedback when I increased the preamp gain, and the DCX 2496 (do not know what is the word to describe it in English) is clipping a lot. But my first 4 aux Bus which are my monitors and side fill still are with a low SPL
        • November 29, 2020
  • john0121
    Triber Contributor
    2019-01-24

Colleague shared with me this morning. Really good interview with Prodigy FOH Jon Burton. Old schools Midas and plenty of TC  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=41&v=QEQikYi_y2g

read more...
    0 211
    • john0121
      TC-Rasmus

Hey John! Looks nice!
      We actually had a chat with Jon at the same venue the same day

'Thanks for sharing

• January 24, 2019
    • john0121
      john0121

Nice vid @TC-Rasmus lot's of love for the 2290! I've not had the chance to see prodigy yet but they are on the list  

• January 24, 2019
    • john0121
      Bluewindee John, following on from your message ( which I cant reply to so sending from here) I initially tried to order the G Major button from the service/support section, HOWEVER the brand buttons to select TC Electronics does not work... So I fall at the first hurdle. Please help & respond back at [email protected] BIG thank you in advance. Rob
      • November 23, 2020
  • New
    mattprice500
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-11-12

Will an x32 compact retain all its setup as in fader positions, scenes etc when depowered/repowered. The scenario is in a church where very few have technical knowledge and powering up and down I need settings to remain.

0 61
    • mattprice500
      KyleJohnson Hi Matt, Kyle here with Music Tribe. In general, yes. The X32 saves it's current state every 2 minutes, and it will always boot in the same state that it was last shut down in. The only exception would be the Main LR Fader which by default will drop to the bottom when booted, but you can change this setting so that the Main LR Fader returns to it's last used point when powered up.
      • November 12, 2020
      • X 32 Compact keeping settings
        mattprice500 Kyle. Thanks very much for this info. Just what I wanted to hear. Where do I find the setting for the Main LR fader ?
        • November 12, 2020
      • X 32 Compact keeping settings
        KyleJohnson It's in the Setup>Config menu, the option you are looking for is called "Safe Main Levels". If it's checked, the mains will drop down at power on.
        • November 12, 2020
  • New
    hoangbaokhoa
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-11-11

Dear Team,

We are Hoang Bao Khoa, a distributor of Music Tribe in Vietnam. We are looking for spare parts of woofer which is diaphragm.

We know that your end sells woofer as a spare part. How about the diaphragm of woofer only?

As our customers send us their feedback about this. When their Turbosound speakers have problem with woofer, they need to change the whole woofer instead of its diaphragm part only. This makes the fee for repairing increase. Meantime, JBL brand offers the smaller components of woofer (as in the picture), which reducing the cost much.

Kindly advise if your end provide diaphragm as a spare part? Or any better suggestion?

Thanks

Diem

read more...
    0 71
    • hoangbaokhoa
      KyleJohnson Hello Diem, Kyle here with Music Tribe. For this inquiry please contact support directly. Click on Support at the top of the page, scroll down and submit a Spare Parts ticket.
      • November 11, 2020
  • DuaneYates
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-04-19

Hi,

i have a questin about using the card for a virtual soundcheck.  I am hoping someone knows a routing trick to be able to use Live Professor or Waves Mulitrack as part of the virtual soundcheck.  I just received my xlive card, but then had to leave town for a few days so I haven’t been able to trial anything.  I understand the routing from the card to the channels to do a virtual recording.  But I would like to be able to adjust the plugins based on the virtual sound playback.  I read that the USB port could be used for playback, and that the USB and SD card can be used at the same time, so hopefully that will mean I can route the “card outs” to the multi rack,  and the playback will come back to the channels if I select the card as the inputs?  Or can I somehow use the P16 ins and outs?  Virtually?   Any help would be great.  For playing live, I am set up to run through the mulitrack no problem with all the inputs going to the card, and all the channels receiving from the card coming back.  That works.  I just want to be able to hear the effects in the sound check.  We are a smaller band playing smalle venues, and I play bass and do sound from stage.  I am fortunate enough to play with a drummer using the Roland D-50 stuff, I run direct, keyboards direct, and just the guitar who has a small amp pointed at himself.  So for the most part, I am very much looking forward to the virtual sound checks.  And I thought I would try some of the awesome waves plugins as well.  

Thanks,

read more...
    0 470
    • DuaneYates
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi @DuaneYates,

I don't think that is possible. The reason is that the X-Live card has a setting for Playback mode: SD Card or USB. If you record the channels to the SD Card for future virtual soundcheck, you would have to set playback mode to SD Card. That will send the tracks to the respective channel strips (if Routing, home (playback mode) are assigned card 1-8, 9-16, etc.). The same signals from the SD card can also be sent out the USB to computer (Routing, card out -> assign card 1-8, 9-16, etc. allowing Live Professor or Waves to input them. But there is no way to get the return from USB, since you are playing from the SD cards. The X-Live can only play from one or the other (SD Cards or USB).

• April 19, 2019
    • DuaneYates
      DuaneYates

Thanks Paul.  I respect your response as I have read many of them on here.  I will look into the DAW alternative.  I was just hoping to keep the computer working as little as possible.  And some concerns with the input gains maybe being different between the virtual sound check and the channels, routed to multirack.

I also had some hope when I saw this in the Q&A section for Xlive:

“Q: Can I use both the USB and sdcard at the same time?
      A: Yes, this is possible. Please note that both the USB and sdcard share the same routing. There is a special function to select if playback should come from USB or sdcard, leaving you with some extra routing functionality.”

So I will play a little when I return home, but my expectations are lower now.  I do know I can get it done with a DAW and software to route things in the computer.  (Jack I think it is?).  Tracks live looks pretty light on the system and was designed just for this kind of thing and for “live” use.  If I have any real breakthroughs I will certainly update here.

Thanks again.

• April 19, 2019
    • DuaneYates
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi @DuaneYates,

The key word is "There is a special function to select if playback should come from USB OR sdcard, leaving you with some extra routing functionality.” Unfortunately that is not AND. What you are wanting to do (virtual soundcheck and external channel processing) requires 2 playback. 

I can think of another alternative to your DAW solution. If you have 2 consoles (X32 and/or M32) you could use one with the X-Live card (using the SD cards) and the other with X-USB card for Live Professor or Waves. With some creative routing, it is possible to accomplish what you want to do.

• April 19, 2019
    • DuaneYates
      DuaneYates

I guess I was hoping that I could send to DAW, and if I set playback to USB it would just magically come back. But I like your idea. I like having a good reason to buy another board!

Do you know much about the X-WSG card?  It looks like that does more routing?  I will look into that. But would be great to have another board for more than just this operation. I was thinking of another unit instead of a digital stage box. I use the rack and 2 rack units would be nice to have. And very useful. 

• April 19, 2019
    • DuaneYates
      Roblof I am not sure of how do you intend to use this setup? You talk about virtual soudcheck and external plugin support. Does this mean that you want to perform VS and that you are using plugins live?

LiveProfessor and MultiRack are quite different in that MultiRack only supports Waves own plugins while LiveProfessor can use any vst-plugin it likes. X-wsg makes more sense using Waves soundgrid servers than standalone. Without the server the x-wsg will act as a networked audio interface, similar to dante. But, depending on your application and money an extra x32-rack or similar would make more sense, I think.
      • April 19, 2019
  • RickyThomas
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-01-14
    What are the differences between the x-live and the dn32-live and why would music tribe make 2 of the same card under 2 different daughter companies. Is one better than the other?
    0 831
    • RickyThomas
      GaryHiggins They are the same, can't say why they make 2, perhaps some people prefer one name over another. In some cases I have noticed, where 2 versions of the same card exist, there is a price difference, but not so here, both are $199 in the USA.
      • January 15, 2019
    • RickyThomas
      Roblof I think that the KT branded card has a 10yr warranty compared to up to 3yrs for the behringer branded card.
      • January 15, 2019
    • RickyThomas
      CrookStewartIII I installed an X-Live in my M32 and it isn't showing up on the screen of the M32 but shows up in the iPad app and is functional.
      • November 4, 2020
      • x-live vs. dn32-live
        GaryHiggins I have an X-Live in my M32 and it shows up as far as I know? Perhaps a setting in the mixer itself is not quite right? I will double check it tomorrow. Latest firmware for both?
        • November 4, 2020
  • Em1ly
    Triber
    2019-03-14

Here are some highlights of the ULTRAVOICE XM1800S

1 103
  • Em1ly
    Triber
    2019-03-14

1 100
Go to page