Statistics

254,798 members
132,532 posts
  • ursus
    Contributor - Level 2
    2009-12-25
    Yesterday I ordered the RH amp. I tried the Classic amp in a store, I think it is the same amp as the RH 450.

Have you guys some suggestions on settings that will fit my Berg AE410. Do you think I have to alter the standard amp settings to have a "wider" sound. I have been playing with a EBS TD 650 for a while, basses are Sandberg Umbo, Fodera Emperor and Wal MKII all 5-stringers.
    Thanks
    Ursus
    read more...
    0 3,113
    • ursus
      Musicman20 Hey there

I would check Talkbass, unless you already have! I know Klung (think thats his name) has an AE410 and uses it with this amp.

IMO, you got the best amp of the new TC range. The Classic has the same tone, and some features, but does not have all the other amazing extra features that makes the RH450 sooo good. You also can tweak your sound a LOT more with the RH450.

I tested a passive Lakland JO5 through the store amp with the RS210 and RS212. It sounded FANTASTIC....

I myself use a Berg HS410, and Im thinking of possibly, possibly selling to get the 2x10 and 2x12 RS cabs. I'd like to keep it and buy the cabs as well though....but who knows.
      • December 28, 2009
  • Musicman20
    Contributor - Level 2
    2009-12-03
    Hey guys

I have returned my GB Shuttle 9.0 for various reasons, and I am upgrading to the TC Elec RH450, the RC4 and the RH450 gig bag.

I have watched all the videos and I am very excited.

Does anyone have any tips they want to share with me?

What are peoples views of the RS cabinets so far?

Thanks
    read more...
    0 5,570
    • Musicman20
      JayGarrett Well I'm waiting for TC to get my RH450 to Bonners but I've already taken delivery of the RS210.

It sounds and looks great. The HF dial at the back does make a subtle difference to the sound.

I've tried it with a Peavy Pro500 and it gigged well in a post punk band and I had no problems monitoring myself with it.

I just can't wait for the RH450 so I can use it and the pedal with the cab

The other good thing about the RS210 is that it fits on a folding luggage trolley and as I get to my gigs using public transport I will be able to shove the amp and pedal in the TC carry bag, cover the cab and drag it around on the trolley. Genius!

Apparently there's a new cab coating on its way so if you dont like the current one hang on a bit

J
      • December 13, 2009
    • Musicman20
    • Musicman20
      Musicman20 I picked up my RH450 this weekend. I also had the pleasure of testing the shop floor RH450, Staccato and the RS210/RS212.

Firstly, I must admit, I did not know what to expect from these amps and cabs....apart from the fact I had heard good reviews, and watched the recordings TC has made. I had also had a very brief play on an RH450 + RS210 some time ago. This was not ideal, as the setting were way off and the preset volume had been turned right down.

On Sunday, I went to my normal store, Bass Merchant in Colchester. They did a very good deal on the bag, pedal and amp.

So, I figured I may as well test their shop floor versions as well.

I was completely unprepared for how huge and brilliant this amp sounds, (RH450). I actually had a huge smile on my face! I usually play 4 string, but I tested it with a Lakland JO5, and the B....wow....I have never heard a B cut like that. It was precise, fat, and immense. I also added a little tube tone....and then I was more impressed. The tone was nice and gritty. It was also incredibly loud.

I am very impressed with the amps sounds. I have yet to open mine and start fiddling, but even the boxes look cool! I am now considering adding thw RS210 and 212 to my cab collection, once they make the new finish.

Thanks TC...this amp is fantastic and I hope to get your cabs soon.

I had a quick test with the Staccato on the same settings, and it was so massive in the lows. If you like a tight fat fingerstyle the Staccato may be for you! But, the RH was for me.

PS - I was also very very shocked with how bloomin loud this amp is. At 4 ohms, with 2 cabs, the amp was shaking the shop at about 10 o'clock!

Cheers
      • December 21, 2009
    • Musicman20
      JayGarrett Dude - welcome to the world of TC!

I aint stopped grinning thanks to my RH450 and RS210

J
      • December 21, 2009
  • bf
    Contributor - Level 1
    2009-11-01
    Can the RS212 cabinet be used with a valve head? I would like to try it out with a Fender Bassman 70 head, but am concerned that that may endanger the high frequency cone.
    0 2,127
  • Agent00Soul
    Contributor - Level 2
    2009-08-03
    Hi everybody -

I just bought an RH450 today. I was wondering if any readers or admins had any favorite settings they would recommend? For example, what do you like to dial in, and presumably save to memory, for rock, funk, jazz etc.

I'll post some of mine once I get some time in with the amp.

Cheerio,
    00Soul
    read more...
    0 7,490
    • Agent00Soul
      BASSically Hi there.

I think that's a good question.

If I can get some time I will take a pic of the settings I have been using. Along with the P eq's

Can you post pictures on here?

BASSically Speaking
      • August 15, 2009
    • Agent00Soul
      jansenh Hi!

A basic rock n' roll Ampeg SVT'ish (at least to my ears) can be tuned in by dialing in the following as a starting point:

- 10 o'clock SpectraComp

- 9 o'clock TubeTone

Then add some boost on the frequencies you desire, which for my Fender J played with a pick is boosting a few clicks Lows and a few clicks HiLows. This depends on the cabinets you are using, the room, your playing style, the music you are adding bass to and your sonic space.

Cheers, Henning - Norway

http://www.myspace.com/bluesbassmann
      • October 19, 2009
  • Headhunter
    Contributor - Level 2
    2009-09-01
    I bought the RH450 a few months back. At the time, I also bought the 2x10 and 2x12 cabinets. Well, long story short, the cabs didn't do it for me. Just not the sound I was looking for, nothing wrong with them, just not me.
    I replaced both cabs with a Berg AE410, which I really like the sound of, however, I find that the 4x10 configuration lacks some of the bottom end my old amp, with the 15 inch woofer supplied.
    Here's my first question... can I run the RH450, with the Berg AE410 and an 8ohm 15 inch cabinet, without causing the head problems. Also, am I asking for trouble running an 8ohm cab in combination with a 4ohm cab?
    (If this is a stupid question, just ell me, I'm a big boy! LOL)
    Also, I've noticed with the foot pedal that when I turn the amp on, no pre-sets are turned on. The amp settings are static from the last time it was turned on. (I actually haven't really set up the pre-sets yet... I'm still having fun playing with the amps versatility) I have bungled one pre-set to a reasonable sound, but don't know how to get the amp to go back to the original settings, short of turning it off, than on again. Anyone know how I get back to the original settings?
    Thanks
    Headhunter

PS... really glad I found this forum!
    read more...
    0 6,533
    • Headhunter
      rune Hi,

8 ohms + 8 ohms = 4 ohms (ok)

8 ohms + 4 ohms = 2.67 ohms (not ok)

Since the RH450 handles a minimum load of 4 ohms, you should stick to 2 x 8 ohm cabinets.

I am not entirely sure what you mean regarding the presets. If you have not saved any presets, and are not recalling any presets then the amp will simply be as it were when you turned it off. If you need to do a complete reset of all settings in the amp, hold down the 3 preset buttons on the front panel while powering on the RH450.
      • September 1, 2009
    • Headhunter
      Headhunter WEll, for not understanding my question entirely, you actually answered my question... thank you!

Regarding the impedance question, I am having something of a difficult time understanding how an amp the can run three 8 ohm cabs, is not capable of running the a 4ohm and an 8ohm cabinet. If I understand correctly, you are being very conservative with regard to this question as I am sure it's one that comes up frequently. I assume many folks have inquired regarding different cabinet configurations and as a result, you folks are being careful not to provide advice that could damage my Rebel Head.

Thanks for you consideration

HH
      • September 1, 2009
    • Headhunter
      rune I wrote an FAQ on that specific subject:

------------------

Conventional wisdom would tell you, that since the cabinets are 8 ohm and the amp is rated at 4 ohm you would only be able to connect 2 cabinets. However, a speakers impedance varies depending on the specific frequency. A speaker might be 4 ohms in the lower range but could at the same time be 8 ohms above 10Khz. So a speakers rated impedance is an avarage across the spectrum. Since the speakers in the RS cabinets are custom made we know the exact Ohm rating of the them, and have therefore been able to design the amp so that it can drive 3 of the RS cabinets.

------------------

In addition, a slightly lower impedance will most likely not damage the amp as such, but will probably shorten its lifespan.
      • September 2, 2009
  • jansenh
    Contributor - Level 1
    2009-08-19
    So, the RH450 will handle a 4 ohm load. At the same time, it can handle 3 RS210/RS212 cabinets, each being 8 ohms. 3 of there cabinets is less than 4 ohms...?

Will it be safe to use 1 RS210 cabinet with an Ampeg STV410HLF (4 ohms) powered by a RH450?

Cheers, Henning - Norway
    read more...
    0 2,609
  • mcnach
    Contributor - Level 2
    2009-08-02
    I have an RH450 and a single RS210. Pretty much loud enough and sweet sounding and covers my requirements whilts remaining very portable.

I have a gig coming up in a small sized club where I may have to rely on my own amplification. A friend of mine has a 1x15" Ashdown cab he doesn't need, rated at 300W and 8ohm. I thought it could be a reasonable partner for the RS210 cab, allowing me to have more power and handled by an extra large speaker.

The only reason I'm a bit concerned is regarding the impedance of the RS210. If it were teh usual 8ohm, I'd go ahead and try it. But with the RH450 being able to deal with three RS cabinets... I'm a little confused, and afraid of causing damage.

So, TCE gurus... am I ok to use the extra 1x15" 8ohm cab in addition to a single RS210?
    read more...
    0 10,935
    • mcnach
      BASSically The RH 450 will run your RS210 and the Single 15. Load will be 4ohms.

But you will be flattened by the great bottom end the 15 will give you and probably continue using it.

Try it you'll like it..

Cheers

BASSically
      • August 15, 2009
    • mcnach
      mcnach Thanks for that. Right after I posted it I noticed the clear "8ohm" indication on the back of the RS210 cab, I was just a bit confused about the ability to run 3 of these with the RH450 head...

Anyway, I have the 1x15" cab, in fact I now own it. It's a small sized cab, 'though, so it's not as powerful on the bottom end as a regular 15" cab. It's an Ashdown ABM MINI 115. The cab is only a bit bigger than the fron ot teh speaker, measuring something like 48cm x 47cm x 34cm, and it's very light too.

On its own the 115 cab is noticeably darker than the RS210 (I have the tweeter set at around 11 o'clock). I haven't used it side by side with a regular 115 but from memory I think I can notice it doesn't move as much air...

When I first tried both the 115 and the RS210 I smiled a lot

I love the sound of the RS210, and my settings were adjusted for that cab alone. Adding the extra one first of all sounded louder, and a with a deeper bottom end that somehow went beyond just changing the EQ, can't describe it better.

I have the 115 on the bottom, and the RS210 vertically on top, so the three speakers are in line. I think it's pretty nice, and really portable.

I haven't tried it live yet, for rehearsals I use the RH450 with existing cabs at the rehearsal space we hire, and the past couple of gigs it was the same situation. But at home it sounded realy nice (although obviously I couldn't try it at anything near the volume I'd use live).

Later this month I have a gig for which I need to bring my rig, so I'll see how it performs. And two weeks later I have a similar gig where we actually share stage with another band. They're friends of ours and their bass player is currently amp-less, so he'll be playing through mine too, which will give me a chance to hear it from the audience's perspective.
      • August 15, 2009
  • Lofreq
    Contributor - Level 1
    2009-06-20
    Hi.

Does the 450 have a cooling fan or is it convection cooled?

Thanks
    0 4,300
    • Lofreq
      rune The RH450 has a cooling fan. It is however extremely silent, and the speed of the fan is automatically controlled. This ensures that the unit is cool at all times.

Just tried putting my ear close to a unit, and could not hear anything though it had been on at moderate levels for quite a while.
      • June 21, 2009
    • Lofreq
      johnwentzien This amp stays very cool even when pushed HARD.

It has the most quiet fan in it..I can hardly hear it even up-close.
      • June 23, 2009
    • Lofreq
      BASSically Yep

This amp definatly runs cool. After playing it for 3 one hour sets and checking it after each set ..cold..not even warm..

Too Cool!! .. I mean that in a good way
      • July 5, 2009
  • UffeK
    Contributor - Level 2
    2009-01-15
    Hello guys,

Welcome to the new TC Electronic bass forum. We are all extremely excited about our new product range, and most of us are at Winter NAMM in Los Angeles right now introducing the range to the world.

On our main site - www.tcelectronic.com/bass, we will upload videos from the show on a daily basis to let you guys know what's going down at the TC booth.

Feel free to discuss what you think about the RebelHead and share any considerations about this, and I will chime in as we go.

Very best

Uffe
    read more...
    0 29,086
    • UffeK
      komar Quite a bit of hype, glad to see it finally arrive! Almost sounds like I'm describing something other than a bass rig here, but small package with nice tight cabs... I can't wait to hear in person!

Also, not only do I like the idea of short stack in-line speaker config for sound... it will be great for transport. I need to check stats for weight, but I bet they are not a back breaker like the SWR and Eden 4-10 cabs I lugged around in years past!

Assuming the 2-12 pumps out a little more lows, can you pair a 2-10 cab high with a 2-12 cab low?
      • January 15, 2009
    • UffeK
      rune Sure you can. You can use up to 3 RebelStack cabinets in any combination you like.
      • January 15, 2009
    • UffeK
      PDavyduck well, I can not wait to give these a try!!

looks like an amazing product guys.

cheers!

pd
      • January 16, 2009
    • UffeK
      whatthe17 I'm really looking forward to checking these babies out! This setup is the answer to my prayers to the Bass Gods! Hope you guys have a great time at NAMM.
      • January 17, 2009
    • UffeK
      ursus Me too want to try them out. When do they hit the stores in Denmark/Sweden?
      • January 18, 2009
  • ecksha
    Contributor - Level 2
    2009-05-12
    HI.
    I just received my new RH450 with RC4 and unpacked. When I plugged in the RC4, a "E_" appeared in the RC4 display and nothing else worked. The amp works normally and the present, mute work fine from the front of the amp. I have tested the cable with a volt meter and it seems to work. Anyone know of a way to reset the settings to factory fresh? The amp/ftswitch was purchased new and was still bagged/sealed when I opened the boxes. Could this be warranty work already, only after 2 hours???? Not amused!!!!

ecksha...
    read more...
    0 3,229
    • ecksha
      rune Answered you through our support system a while back. I'll close this thread for now.
      • May 19, 2009
Go to page