Statistics

261,409 members
140,129 posts
  • Krakmann
    Contributor - Level 1
    2009-05-18
    Salud!

Greetings from Madrid, Spain. I've just bought a RH450 + RC212 + pedalboard. So far, I really love the sounds it makes.

I have two features requests, in case someone considers them interesting:

1) Although the pedalboard display is very clear, it would be helpful (if you don't own it or don't have it plugged) for the "sharp" symbol to be in the lower part of the head display. When looked from above, it's very easy to miss it.

2) I'd love to be able to send the RCA aux signal to the cabinet, so I can play to a drum machine or iPod without using headphones. Would it be possible with a soft upgrade, or is it physically impossible?
    read more...
    0 9,915
    • Krakmann
      BASSically I have to say, I'm with Krakmann and his number 2 request.
      • July 5, 2009
    • Krakmann
      mcnach Same here. I was very disappointed when I found I couldn't hear my drum machine through the speakers, as I thought this amp would replace my practice amp + gigging amp set up, as one amp would do it all.
      • July 26, 2009
    • Krakmann
      peterhfi Hi everybody,

I agree with the feature request of sending aux in signals (drum machine, etc.) to the headphone output and to the speakers as well.

Another feature request would be to have other surface options for the speaker cabinets due to the fact of scratches, small damages, etc. which can occur very easily (as already mentioned here, in the Talkbass forum and different reviews).

Besides that thanks a lot for a great bass system with innovative and creative features.

Peter
      • July 27, 2009
    • Krakmann
      mcnach Regarding the ability to get the aux input signal through the speakers, I suppose what one can do is use a simple little mixer. Use the mixer to mix the preamp-out signal and the drum machine, mp3 player etc, and take the output of the mixer back to the power amp in.

That should work, right?

The question is only, which mixer?
      • August 2, 2009
    • Krakmann
      BASSically Waiting for the answer

BASSically
      • August 15, 2009
  • AustLakland
    Contributor - Level 1
    2010-02-12
    G'day,

Apart from the different look and the integrated tuner what are the differences between the two amps? Do they sound the same?
    Thanks
    0 5,046
    • AustLakland
      yogurtboy another difference (and it's a big one) is that the RH450 has memory settings; you can assign 3 different sounds to memory 'banks' and recall them instantly by pressing the assigned button (or by stepping on the optional footswitch)

The Classic 450 does not have this memory feature
      • June 22, 2010
    • AustLakland
      killerbob - and parametric EQ
      • July 13, 2010
  • UffeK
    Contributor - Level 2
    2010-04-28
    Hey guys,

Welcome to the closed forum.
    Here we will be able to discuss all the Amp Tweaker aspects among our group.

Looking forward to this

/U
    0 547
    • UffeK
      Vic Subscribed.
      • April 28, 2010
    • UffeK
      Musicman20 Hi chaps!
      • April 28, 2010
    • UffeK
      KJung Here I am!
      • April 28, 2010
    • UffeK
      UffeK oh my! you guys don't waste time do you

70 posts on TB and I didn't even send you any screen dumps and instructions yet - I'll have a hard time keep up here - gotta love that !

I'll have a crude Amp Tweaker manual ready for you within the next couple of days and hopefully some gear at your service shortly

/U
      • April 28, 2010
    • UffeK
      Eublet Present
      • April 28, 2010
  • ursus
    Contributor - Level 2
    2010-07-11
    Is there anybody on this forum that knows how to rackmount any of the TC standalone amps?
    0 2,305
  • snowleopard
    Contributor - Level 2
    2010-06-03
    Thinking of getting a couple of theseRS210 cabinets, but does anyone know the crossover frequency for the HF driver? Thanks.
    0 4,114
    • snowleopard
      snowleopard No one knows this? Anyone?
      • June 7, 2010
    • snowleopard
      Musicman20 Hi

Sorry, I really dont know.

What I can say is the HF on these cabinets is very 'sweet', sort of modern meets vintage. You dont get the over the top hissy treble, just a nice sweet high end.

I personally like them
      • June 8, 2010
    • snowleopard
      snowleopard I've sent emails to TC but no response, don't really expect one, hoping someone in the forums knows. All user experiences on the net are very positive about the RS210, but if I don't get an answer I'm getting a couple of Mesa Boogie Powerhouse cabs with the switchable crossover range. Really too bad, since I'd prefer the RS210 for it's compact size, but they've not been forthcoming with specs or response graphs. I have about a dozen TCE components in my studio rack and have been using their equipment for 20 years and will continue to do so, but if they don't care to provide this kind of basic information on a product, I move on.
      • June 8, 2010
  • rsm
    Contributor - Level 2
    2010-05-18
    Anyone else going direct? I sold my last bass amp last year, and I run direct to FOH or into my Bose L1 System. (using a preamp with DI or a DI box, brands/models not relevant). I don't need or want the power amp, but I want an RH450's preamp. I really dig the portability compared to back in the day (6U rack + 4x10 + 1x18 folded horn, anyone?!)

Any chance of a preamp-only version of the RH450? Non-rackmount please.

Any issues running the RH450 head without cabs and using the DI out? (other than electric consumption, extra weight, larger size, etc.)
    read more...
    0 5,221
    • rsm
      lowendjoe You basically have a high end direct box with the RH...no need to run cabinets/load like other heads of this type. I'm hoping for a poweramp only version...same footprint to sit nicely under my 450 and give me some additional kick for the stage...
      • May 19, 2010
    • rsm
      rsm lowendjoe, I hear ya! I'd like to save the added weight and cost of the power section. I'd bet most want the integrated preamp/poweramp head, but there is a market for separate preamps and poweramps, I think? IMO.

...the cab options are versatile, now TCE, how about making the heads more versatile with separate options.
      • May 19, 2010
    • rsm
      lowendjoe RSM...I would have to agree...given the weight and dims on these heads, I'll bet that seperate configurations would lend to even smaller, lighter packages...did you happen to read my post? I think I have a wire harness or something wiggling around inside...can I be the only guy this has happend to? ...I dont think it's anything serious but it is a bit consorting...
      • May 20, 2010
    • rsm
      rsm No, I didn't see your other post, bummer about the loose wire, I'd get it returned or fixed under warranty IMO.

Not spending much time here, I'd dig having the RH450 preamp, but I don't need a head...I will use what I have now or play more guitar instead, while I wait and see what TCE does
      • May 21, 2010
  • pacy
    Contributor - Level 2
    2010-04-08
    I just got my RH450 and love it .
    The only issue that I have is I want to use the digital output in my studio .
    I don't want the the RH450 to be the master word clock for the entire studio as I have a high quality word clock running all the components .
    Is there any way to have the RH450 in slave mode .
    read more...
    0 6,061
    • pacy
      rune The RH450 has to be master during recording. No way around it. As an alternative you can of course use the DI. It sounds like you already have great converters and clocking in your studio, so that setup shouldn't affect the quality much. (if at all)
      • April 8, 2010
    • pacy
      pacy Then what is the point of a digital a ouput if it is not usable in a profesional setting .

Why not put a word clock input in the amp and make it that much more versatile .
      • April 9, 2010
    • pacy
      CAW Perhaps if they ever do a proper rack-mount version of the RH450, there will be space on the panel to include a clock input.
      • April 10, 2010
    • pacy
      AGB222 Hello, I just order My RH450 With the RS410 i can't wait to received it, Any body knows how I can Hook 2 RH450 at the same time?
      • April 13, 2010
    • pacy
      CAW As per the manual, you use the insert jacks to cascade two RH450s. Connect a cable to the insert SEND jack on the master RH450 to the insert RECEIVE jack on the slave RH450. The only knob that will have any effect on the slave RH450 is the master volume knob when in this configuration.
      • April 13, 2010
  • bigAndy
    Contributor - Level 1
    2010-01-29
    I just thought I would introduce my self Big Andy I live in England and play both bass guitar EUB and acoustic SB I have just purchaced a RH 450 head, footswitch, RS112 and RS212. I play a variety of styles jazz, big band function stuff and classical and pit work . Ive been looking for a new set up to use when I have to double and finnally after a lot of research took the plunge and splashed out.

first gig using RH450 and 112 was last night jazz combo with female vocals wow!!
    what sound this head makes with this speaker. I used my EUB yamaha silent bass it produced a full warm sound by adding a little tubetone but very clear and sustained and punchy and I had great comments from the other guys. I used trace elliot before but prefer the RH450 due to its sound and a lot less weight when carrying it around. The 112 speaker is amazing for the size with no distorting at all and this wasnt a quiet cocktail gig. I would appreciate comments from UB or acoustic players particularly sound settings. I also set up a louder setting for solos changed by the footswitch which worked well.

One gripe where is the case for the 112 cab I need one it was raining when I finished and I had to put plastic bag around the cab not good for advertising TC Electronic!!

A top class proffessional rig well done

Big Andy
    read more...
    0 6,815
    • bigAndy
      br Yes, I agree, where is the rs112 cabinet cover?
      • February 4, 2010
    • bigAndy
      bigAndy yes I deperatly need a cover as I gig a lot and with out protection it will start to get a few knocks over time.

Re its sound I have now used the rs 112 and 450 amp on a variety of gigs with my string bass miked up. The sound is fantastic with many positive comments from other people including the band. it produces a lovely clear warm sound with plenty of sustain
      • February 9, 2010
    • bigAndy
      pacy I just purchased the RH450 and use it with my Ned Steinberger EUB .

I went to a boutique bass shop ( Club Bass ) in Toronto and tried out a number of amps non produced the tone and versatility that I wnated until I plugged into the RH450 . Fifteen minutes later I had purchased it . My intention was to buy a Phil Jones .

I use it with a single 10 in an SWR cab in the studio and a 2X10 Eden cab at my jazz gig .

The amp has been a joy to play through producing a full bottom and clear pleasant mids and highs . The compressor ,being multiband ,is very usable and transparent .

This amp has made playing my bass a new experience and it is also easy to carry around .

I am still exploring the vast posibility of sounds .

My only negative comment is the digital output is useless in my studio as it requires the RH450 to be the master wordclock and that isn't going to happen .

Other than that it is a great amp.
      • April 9, 2010
  • petersland
    Contributor - Level 1
    2009-11-03
    When I use the rig live with DI out to the desk, can I run from the digital out connector, straight into my In Ear System?
    I know I can get a feed from the desk, but I want to be in control of my vocals and bass.
    Cheers,

Pete
    0 5,618
    • petersland
      rune You can only use the digital out if your in-ear system has a 96khz AES/EBU or s/pdif digital input. However, the DI might work for the purpose depending on the in-ear system and whether it has an input volume control and can accept line level signals.
      • November 2, 2009
    • petersland
      Zetmor Hi. Just a quick question (didn't find the info in the manual): is the ouput working at 96kHz/24 and 96kHz/24 only? Or is it compatible with lower rates?

I ask because when I'll be using a MOTU Traveler-mk3 for live performance recording (and backtrack playing), I'll have many tracks simultaneously, and since my backtracks are 44.1kHz/24 (Addictive Drums samples are @ 44.1kHz), I don't need more than 44.1kHz (for LIVE).

So!? Can the RH450 AES/EBU output work at 44.1kHz/24?

Else I'll would have to set the DAW @ 96kHz, and that would double+ the total bandwidth required from the MOTU interface & laptop hardisks, without any improvement in the LIVE sound (only the recording would be better, not the LIVE sound since I'm using analog paths for the PA, digital is only for backtrack & recording).

Thanks!
      • December 29, 2009
    • petersland
      Zetmor I respond to myself, since I had a RH450: it's working at 96kHz/24 only. Nothing gets through it the audio interface is not running at 96kHz/24. So, I had to set it all to 96kHz/24 (MOTU audio interface & helicon VOICELIVE 2), and it is working fine. Very fine.

For the bandwidth issue, I put a good Intel SSD into my laptop, and it's taking it all without any problem. Now I can record the RH450 digitally + VOICELIVE 2 digitally too (with settings automated with midi) + several analog channels (guitars, singer without harmonizer etc...) running à 96kHz smoothly.
      • March 29, 2010
  • AidyTransmissio
    Contributor - Level 2
    2009-01-23
    Has anyone else here signed up? I did yesterday, and it feels like waiting for Christmas morning to get a reply! Has anyone been selected yet?
    0 31,689
    • AidyTransmissio
      PDavyduck

I singed up last week and it feels like last month

hehehehehehe

would be incredibly cool to get a swing at this thing and road test it.
      • January 23, 2009
    • AidyTransmissio
      AidyTransmissio I wonder how long it's going to be before we find out...
      • January 23, 2009
    • AidyTransmissio
      whatthe17 Now that the unveiling at the NAMM show is over hopefully we'll be hearing something soon. Everyone I've told about the rebelhead450 is really excited and I hope to be one of the test pilots. I'll put it through some real world testing at my gigs and practice.
      • January 24, 2009
    • AidyTransmissio
      AidyTransmissio With the schedule I've got, it's going to be taken on a tour of London's public transport, a train to Cambridge, a coach to Manchester, in the studio and on every stage we're playing on. Absolutely mental, but a worthy test.
      • January 24, 2009
    • AidyTransmissio
      AidyTransmissio When will we be hearing about whether or not we've been selected for the test pilot scheme?
      • February 18, 2009
Go to page